Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#530192 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>Every person has the right to CHOOSE- NOT all choices benefit our eternity.

Persons who choose to sin- are making the CHOICE of where they will spend eternity. Which is THEIR right to do.
And which people are choosing to sin?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#530194 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Paragraphs, dude!
:) Try,verbs girl :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#530195 May 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, Thank you for this day. Thank you for my being able to see, to hear, to speak, to move about this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving and understanding God. You have done so much for me. I have witnessed your hand of blessing, your miraculous power in my my life and the lives of those I love, and you just keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me, my family, and my church family safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a positive and Christ-focused attitude and plenty of gratitude. Please clear my mind of distractions so that I can hear from you and please direct my steps today. Thank you so much, in Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#530196 May 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't....If we can all respect each others beliefs....What a World that would be....
But that is NOT our World....Is it BT42
I agree but sadly there's little prospect of that happening.

A good start would be to expunge the instructions to kill and be intolerant from those holy books that contain such hatred.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#530197 May 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What more than all else proves the perpetuity and immutability of the law of God.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have ever lasting life.John 3:16
You contradict yourself, Whispers. What do you offer as evidence of the "perpetuity and immutability of the law of God"? A new covenant. A new testament and a new law.

Faith based thinkers either don't notice things like that, or don't care.

I can't help but notice the mental gymnastics necessary to believe the things that most Christians believe. Faith makes that possible. You choose what to believe, and selectively filter reality to support that assumption.

Without faith, you're forced to conclude whatever it is that the evidence suggests to your naturalistic belief set. You end up saying fewer things that are contradicted by evidence and obviously untrue.

Fennario

#530198 May 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a smattering of Spanish words but not that one.
The tonto in his heart has said...lol
I always liked this Gary Larson cartoon
http://onthepatio.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345374...
LOL - Right on point.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530199 May 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Nah...What is sad is that not all of know what true love is...and we try to appropriate it in lesser ways than it really is... THAT is sad- THAT is really sad.
It could all be so much easier for everyone~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530200 May 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! That is all you really need to have any worry... it doesn't really matter whether I believe as you or not does it?!
It matters that all have the choice to hear- and then to choose <3

Fennario

#530201 May 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What you call your god's love for all is what we call bigotry.
Epiphany2 wrote:
I disagree....But....That is how you see things....
Yes, that is how I see things. And yes, we disagree.

Thanks for not adding that I worship Satan or am controlled by him, that I am a liar or bigot, or that I will go to hell and pay for disagreeing with you - all of which goes beyond disagreeing, and all of which I have grown quite accustomed to here.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530202 May 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know and understand---thank you for that! We are one of the ALL, and together, we are the ALL. Once we can realize that reality, we can then become one and the ALL.
The human condition in all situations is well documented .

Many trust science for many things- yet do not trust it in providing insight to how we all pretty much are the same. Our reactions, moods, highs and lows all come from emotions which we all have to deal with. Some of us cope better and take our own awareness away from our own troubles- trusting the outcome to be a positive one ~ Some use emotions to attack and hurt people...

If we could be an "ALL" that shows compassion and a smile to others- WHAT a world it would be.

Fennario

#530203 May 6, 2013
Truths wrote:
Everyone has free will to choose
That may very well be an illusion, if by free will you mean that we are free to choose what we will want. We probably aren't.

Your will is very likely determined by the physical parameters of your brain whatever can influence it, not a matter of choice. When you have the experience of choosing freely, you are merely experiencing your will and its influence on your body, which in turn influences itself and the world around it.

We have two wills: an animal self and a higher self. Sometimes, only one voice speaks, and we feel unconflicted, whether expressing urges or reasoned preferences.

Even when they are at odds, such as with the simultaneous desire to eat and to lose weight, or to rage at your boss and also not to get fired, we still consider the resultant choice free will.

But who can say that just because we can't sense it, that all of that is not playing out deterministically, and the outcome a foregone conclusion not calculable to us? Nobody.

How would know that you really had a choice not entirely determined by preceding events if you did? Do you know? The answer is not in how it feels.

This is catastrophic for your theology. Without free will, the doctrine of sin as choice is in the dumper, and with it, the fairness of judgment and damnation.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#530204 May 6, 2013
Thank you (((((Hick)))))

Fennario

#530205 May 6, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
And the words of Pat Condell only proves that HE is the one who is ignorant.
You use the word "proof" like a person who doesn't understand what it means - or care.

Condell is an inspiration.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#530207 May 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO TRUTHS**First of all, what "choices based on personal tastes" have I made which you are speaking about?
Second, it is not promotion; it is tolerance and respecting your constitution which guarantees equality.
See, there's your intolerance showing, your bigotry.
You wouldn't ban women "wearing Disney characters" (whatever that means) but you would have a part in banning equality?
That makes little sense.
.. although Greece invented democracy, women were not allowed to vote because, as Aristotle suggested, they were inherently inferior; not worthy of full rights ..

.. such thinking today would be considered arrogant, sexist and bigoted, an indication of fear and insecurity ..

"According to Hesiod (c. 800 BC) Zeus, chief of the gods in Greek mythology, created a woman, Pandora,“an evil thing”,“a plague to men” an “inescapable snare”. She was given “lies and crafty words and a deceitful nature.”

http://www.carelinks.net/doc/oneinchrist-en/2...

.. Zeus deemed women vile, humans believed it and that settled it ..

.. today, the Abrahamic God deems homosexuality vile, humans believe it and that settles it ..

.. equality cannot and must not be decided by the words in an ancient book that may or may not be true. We're better than that ..

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530208 May 6, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you want me to respond, address my post. I'm not getting into a dissertation on why cultures fall ..
MY POSITION
.. morality does not require religion or a God ..
.. it is the purview of reason and conscience in society ..
.. it's primary message is "do no harm" ..
HELPFUL HINT FOR YOUR REBUTTAL
Why does morality require religion or a God?
your post and your points have variables involved that need addressing. the title of this thread is 'why should Jesus Love me' i.e., God is central to the discussion, therefore your comment "morality does not require religion or a God" is irrelevant to some (me) who views EVRYTHING in light of GOD OWNS THE HEAVENS AND EARTH.

therefore, human ideas of morality do not supercede God's ideas, but the opposite is true. God does give us free will to manage ourselves, but when we no longer see a need to include Him, it leads to our distruction everytime and we have history to prove this point.

so.....as you were saying?:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#530209 May 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradict yourself, Whispers. What do you offer as evidence of the "perpetuity and immutability of the law of God"? A new covenant. A new testament and a new law.
Faith based thinkers either don't notice things like that, or don't care.
I can't help but notice the mental gymnastics necessary to believe the things that most Christians believe. Faith makes that possible. You choose what to believe, and selectively filter reality to support that assumption.
Without faith, you're forced to conclude whatever it is that the evidence suggests to your naturalistic belief set. You end up saying fewer things that are contradicted by evidence and obviously untrue.
Can feel no need to argue with you.
Can feel no need to explain to you.
Can feel no need to defend myself.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#530210 May 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your post and your points have variables involved that need addressing. the title of this thread is 'why should Jesus Love me' i.e., God is central to the discussion, therefore your comment "morality does not require religion or a God" is irrelevant to some (me) who views EVRYTHING in light of GOD OWNS THE HEAVENS AND EARTH.
therefore, human ideas of morality do not supercede God's ideas, but the opposite is true. God does give us free will to manage ourselves, but when we no longer see a need to include Him, it leads to our distruction everytime and we have history to prove this point.
so.....as you were saying?:)
And that is why you are asking for sex from every woman on topix behind your wife's back ?

You the one of the reasons so many people think Christians are hypocrites and aholes.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#530211 May 6, 2013
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, all.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#530212 May 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is why you are asking for sex from every woman on topix behind your wife's back ?
You the one of the reasons so many people think Christians are hypocrites and aholes.
is this all you have to say when i make a point that you can't deny? you sound just like "the accuser of the brethren" aka the devil and your partner in crime;)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#530213 May 6, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, all.
Good afternoon BLL, long time no hear from, how's everything?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min NotSoDivineMsM 45,815
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min Eagle 12 - 6,689
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Eagle 12 - 990,659
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Michael 691,916
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,396
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 1 hr Dec 2017 News 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
More from around the web