Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I've received several special requests today...one from parents who are brokenhearted over their teenager's condition, another from one who needs help in their faith and Christian walk, still others from those who have special unspoken needs and health problems, another from one who needs a job, and the list goes on. God, you know that though thousands of people have prayer requests, I cannot mention every one right now. YOU know their heart cries, our every need, and what is best. I pray for your intervention, provision, guidance, and blessing wherever needed. I lift up every person who is praying this prayer, that you will touch them in great and mighty ways, that each will be blessed beyond comprehension, that you will be glorified and exalted, that eyes will be opened and hearts broken over sin; that spirits will be encouraged by your mercy...and lives changed by your forgiveness. Thank you, Father, for all you do and all you are. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Just wondering why you think your god may help these people out when he does nothing to help out the estimated 25,000 who die from starvation every day?

What's the point in praying to your god anyway?

Millions of Christians will pray to their god and ask for his help, mercy, etc. Yet I keep hearing how God is all-merciful and all-good, so why bother begging to God asking him to be something that he already is?

Christians also believe in the devil who they see as the source of evil. So why don't they ask Satan not to be so evil by praying to him? You can't make God any more merciful than he already is and neither can you make him act in your personal circumstances.

However, praying to the bad guy might get you a result.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
At least God gets a mention.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If you know God is Everything, and without Him, the Creation which physics seeks can only lead back to the Source, God. For without knowing Him, I would not have been led into this field either, plus the notion that 'scientists do not believe in God' is not true, as some do believe. You have been told that the only book I had was the Bible, that my Faith is your Faith, and it can grind me too that His Truth is not believed, or that this belief or faith is not strong enough to go the whole way in believing all things are possible to those who Love God.
Our 'belief' of not, doesn't change the facts. His Truth without All Creation, science would have nothing to go by. Nothing. But all thru history as it has been known, folk have tried to prove or disprove. I tried nothing... but simply was led thru His Word which opened on this subject, until I shared it with even NASA who discredited it because of too much use of the word God!“take that out” they said,“and we might have something.” Wow... I could never take God out ODF any equation in my Life. But others recognised...
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Don't worry about what fancy words are required BM... they didn't change what I found either, only confirmed.
OK... Going to sum this up in a nut shell with all this.
This is still in progress and amazing. God is the Alpha and Omega of His Word, and not a soul on earth can change that. The end of all this debating the reality of God, and what anyone does or doesn't believe He will prove, and even science will bow to Him!
Thank you for your ears. Blessing of His Peace be with you all.
Good post PW....

<3 <<< Sideway Heart for you

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
The total vacume had to be created
Seriously?

This is why we don't take scientific counsel from people of (religious) faith. This is utter nonsense.
Nothing can not be created.
Did you just immediately contradict yourself

I'm going to add philosophy to that list. With all due respect, these are not matters for dilettantes.

The philosophy of Christianity is absurd, so naturally, one schooled in it is apt to accept and spout absurdities justified only by comments such as "your puny mind can't understand the mind of god," a reprise of church father Tertullian's statement, "the Son of God died. It is by all means to be believed, because it is absurd."

(Religious) faith has to be one of the worst ideas ever.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call your god's love for all is what we call bigotry.
<quoted text>
I agree. The Christians get no credit for promulgating their hateful dogma because they wrap it up with a hug and empty words about love.
I disagree....But....That is how you see things....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Liver?
Anyone?
Liver?
Anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LOL.....Ferris Bueler's Day off.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm vegan.
Can I poke through the stomach and intestine contents?
Peanut !!!!
Corn !!!!
Mine, mine, mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Girl.....You're NOT RIGHT....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those aren't Epi's words.
She posts things from other people each morning.
I only SHARE 3 posting every morning....They rest is MY opinion....And the post that is being discussed is from the BIBLE.....I think I will share it again....

Psalm 4:4-5

4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.

5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Here you go. Perhaps, it might make more sense if it came from someone more educated than I.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_something_be_cr...

I didn't use fancy words like Vacuum Energy. I just used common sense and logic. I read your post again and the post in regards to my screen name. So I decided go for a ride on the Information Highway. And lo and behold, the first thing that came up was this. And names like Einstein
Your post and it's empty references to vacuum energy and Einstein show us that you don't understand what you posted or what it means. You probably didn't use the fancy PHRASES "vacuum energy" because you had never heard of nor considered the concept before. Am I correct?

Also, the final sentence of your link says, "So the short answer is, yes, something can be created from nothing." Were you aware that that contradicts your comment, Of course, that comment seems to contradict what preceded it.

Regarding your claim that you use common sense, it is well understood that common sense is misleading in the quantum world. If you use it, you will be lost immediately. From Nils Bohr, a founding father of quantum mechanics:

"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

And ....

"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct."

Sorry to be this way, but you have no business making declarative sentences in this field. Everything you post should end in a question mark. Something about faith based thinking teaches you that you can make any assertion you like, however uninformed.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering why you think your god may help these people out when he does nothing to help out the estimated 25,000 who die from starvation every day?
What's the point in praying to your god anyway?
Millions of Christians will pray to their god and ask for his help, mercy, etc. Yet I keep hearing how God is all-merciful and all-good, so why bother begging to God asking him to be something that he already is?
Christians also believe in the devil who they see as the source of evil. So why don't they ask Satan not to be so evil by praying to him? You can't make God any more merciful than he already is and neither can you make him act in your personal circumstances.
However, praying to the bad guy might get you a result.
We disagree on Prayer.....

Nice to meet you...I see you are from England....:-)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
I am your master.
Jawohl, herr Führer. It was only a matter of time before this appeared.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Have a great day everyone.....GOD BLESS

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro
When you say 'the non-believers in god', who are you actually referring to?
Years ago- I learned from Xcntrk and several others that are non Christian- That the behavior of many Christians was UN Christ like. Including some of my own comments.

God used them to drive that point home to me.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Have a great day everyone.....GOD BLESS
Have a nice day, EPI.d

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to just ignore the fact that she wishes to deny marriage to certain individuals and speaks about them as evil.
Bigotry is intolerance to other views, and so denying rights to certain individuals is being intolerant of them and their views.
Therefore, yes, "Truths" is a bigot, along with the fact that she aligns herself with the other bigots and hateful people here.
You must not read my posts or you have me confused with someone else (((((Lacez))))))

Everyone has free will to choose - It is between them and God or their non God beliefs.

I have right to believe what God says~ HE gives me that right and I choose to believe His counsel on what things are sins.
He calls homosexuality and premarital sex sins . It does not make me treat anyone any different due to their choices <3

God's word asks us to choose to live for Him and to deny our flesh if our flesh wants to sin. When someone is truly In His word and ways- we have the strength to deny our body what would harm us - what would lead to falling.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Faith is one of the three phoney virtues; the others being piety and righteousness. Not so much a trinity, as three ugly sisters.
Unlike the witches in Macbeth who see the world in a cauldron, these three have done their best to turn the place into one (praise the Lord) and they’re still going strong.
Among the many gifts from these delightful muses we have, well, the Middle East conflict for a start – and that’s the gift that just seems to keep on giving – not to mention the cancer at the heart of it: Jerusalem. That jewel in the desert; that celestial piss-hole in the sand, from which the spiritual black death of the Middle Eastern desert has oozed and spread throughout this world like a vile oil slick; coating and contaminating everything it touches with a thick slime of pious ignorance ... only we don’t call it ignorance, we call it faith."
Pat Condell
And the words of Pat Condell only proves that HE is the one who is ignorant.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
People don't determine the love of JESUS ~ JESUS does.
Jesus isn't here.

To an unbeliever, the love of Jesus refers to the love of Christians and the church.

It does you no good to continually divert attention from reality and redirect it to empty words. Christianity is its manifestation, not its words.

I used to have admitting privileges in a Tenet hospital, one of the most loathsome corporations in the solar system. There was nothing that this carbuncle on society's taint wouldn't do to its patients and our community for a buck.

When we called them on it, they would point to their mission and values statement [ http://www.tenethealth.com/about/pages/missio... ] saying that that was what they were all about. We said, "bullshit" to them as well.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
I don't consider the world hopelessly lost, but you might try asking starving people how they feel about the world. With all the food we have, we let people starve.... discuss that with them.
Why?

Did you have a point with this? If so, please make it explicitly. If your point was that life is not always good, is there a reason why you are bringing that obvious truth to our attention now?

Why didn't you mention that there are many very happy people in the world who are not starving? It's the Christian pessimism in you that keeps pulling you back to the ugly, isn't it?

Incidentally, the hope for the starving lies in secular humanism and science, not Christianity, which promotes their uncontrolled reproduction, facilitates their ongoing poverty and ignorance, and praises their suffering:

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa

They want to make her a saint.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
I have many friends who consider themselves Atheists; but I have also heard them cry out "Dear GOD" on lots of different occasions....
And here I am rolling the boulder uphill again.

Did you have a point to go with that? If so, can you please make it explicitly rather than assume that others know what you are thinking or why you posted what you did. If you had, I could address this and we could move on.

Instead, I have to send you another post to ask you to clarity. It is very likely that by the time we know what you meant, we won't remember what its relevance was. I'll likely need to track down the two or three posts that preceded it and post the multiple comments as a continuous thread to know, and for others to know. That's the boulder.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Am I going to roast forever if I don't love Jesus? The love of Jesus is in the answers to these questions.
Serah wrote:
Are you going to roast forever? It just depends which realm you are heading for next, in my opinion, and we should all be worthy of following the path we choose. We should all choose wisely the actions of today, for they might well be the outcome of tomorrow!!
And there is the love of Jesus.

As I have said before, if your god were real, and if we had the power, we would be justified in killing it before it sent another human being to be tortured. and to release it present prisoners in hell.

I doubt that you or any other Christian present has the moral courage to agree with that. We killed Hitler and bin Laden for much less, and I'll bet that you don't mind a bit.

I'll say to you what I said to blind man: you are both gentle and nice people, and it gives me no pleasure to treat your posting like I do. But you are both vectors for filth, and your messages deserve harsh condemnation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I've received several special requests today...one from parents who are brokenhearted over their teenager's condition, another from one who needs help in their faith and Christian walk, still others from those who have special unspoken needs and health problems, another from one who needs a job, and the list goes on. God, you know that though thousands of people have prayer requests, I cannot mention every one right now. YOU know their heart cries, our every need, and what is best. I pray for your intervention, provision, guidance, and blessing wherever needed. I lift up every person who is praying this prayer, that you will touch them in great and mighty ways, that each will be blessed beyond comprehension, that you will be glorified and exalted, that eyes will be opened and hearts broken over sin; that spirits will be encouraged by your mercy...and lives changed by your forgiveness. Thank you, Father, for all you do and all you are. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 508,581 - 508,600 of596,440
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

644 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 511,556
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Naveen kumar 363
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Divinity Surgeon 216,197
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Aerobatty 679,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Porkpie Hat 250,248
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min PetesaKe 109,339
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 36 min Dale_Harris 52,442
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr devbrain 214
teen snapchat nudes 10 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••