Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#529972 May 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
Correction
We spend our times through the love to God and Jesus Christ and educate these ignorant homosexuals and their friends the fact that homosexuality is considered according to the laws of Moses as a mortal sin and that Jesus did not abolish these laws. Such people who have rejected God's commandments do not deserve to obtain equal civil rights such like gay marriage and child adoption on the basis of democracy and human rights.
I find that comment offensive, and I think you should ask all people on this site, whoever they may be, separately, to forgive you for saying such an evil thing.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529973 May 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. whenever someone caused me emotional pain, I usually denied my feelings, labeled the emotions absurd and failed to process them ..
.. my internal dialogue went something like this: "Keep your feelings hidden, HL. Don't rock the boat, don't jeopardize the relationship, practice patience, be strong." ..
.. truth be know, I was terrified of harming the relationship or experiencing the ultimate calamity - rejection. So, I remained silent. What I didn't realize was the person I was hurting most was myself ..
.. the self-imposed parameters triggered resentment with anger nipping at its heels caused by my inability to express painful feelings ..
.. then came the ah-ha moment: humans need to express themselves, it's not a luxury, it's an absolute necessity ..
.. your only duty is to practice truthful living. Anything else would be unfair to both you and the hubby ..
Excellent post. Thank you. What you say is true- and I have lived it .

Currently- my husband has been diagnosed diabetic- and although I have always done all I can to make his life easier and happier.... I am angry-ish to have extra added because he is very particular and often overly critical and verbal about LOTSA' stuff~ 30 years together with me learning and implementing much of what you posted and he has had a lot of personal growth over these past couple years , which has made my life easier-

I am even more afraid that if he does not take this serious.... I could lose him. The blood glucose has been (UNKNOWN to US) elevated for some time- averaging 260.

I have to initiate some balance where he takes responsibility for improving his health- I can't do it for him.... But I am wifely determined to do what EVER I have to- to help him...with OUT it becomming a way for him to back peddle on progresses he has made.

SOMEHOW- I have a feeling that all of this makes sense to you- even if I feel like I garbled a bit of it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529975 May 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Fortnum & Mason, not far from Debenham's on Oxford Street? Delicious marzipan!
Look, Mr Catcher, England might be small compared to America, but it's not 1 mile long. U know it's gonna take me about 4 or 5 hours to get to central london. I got to get to outer london, park my car, get on the train then get on the tube, THEN I'LL BE SCREAMING; I'VE GOTTEN OFF ON THE WRONG STATION, SOMEONE HELP!!!! lol

Why don't u just catch a plane to Birmingham, I can even pick u up in my car, i just hope u not 7ft tall coz it's a small hatchback and it might be uncomfortable for u. Although, it would be funny! u could sit in the boot, hehehehehe!!

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#529976 May 5, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS was talking about parity and you throw a snit fit.
What's up? Don't Christians like a level playing field?
<quoted text>
He did. You just don't want to answer.
You don't know anything of me.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#529977 May 5, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Sad about what?
There is no GOD, or the failure of proclaimers of a GOD, inability to exhibit characteristics of a GOD?
I believe that we all need Jesus. And that all who don't believe are missing out on the thing they need most because they don't believe. To me that is sad. And as I pointed out, some of those who don't believe, would be sad that I am wasting my life on something they believe is not real. The views are opposite.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529978 May 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of bull is what that comment was.
You are a bigot for you are intolerant to other beliefs and refuse rights based on that intolerance.
It's simple.
Unless now you're changing your story again and saying that you would vote FOR marriage equality?
GO back and read my posts regarding this subject- or don't- either way- I have not changed what I say. It also has no bearing on your life. You have made your choices based on personal tastes- as have I.

I don't have to vote for marriage equality- It is my personal choice to not promote that union.

I don't believe in grown women wearing Disney Characters either... but I don't have the right to BAN that. Tell YOU what- wanna' make some enemies.... try taking this stance!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529979 May 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do NOT speak Romanian. I can read it, but not speak it.
And I am not a mafia boss; I am an honest, caring and hard-working attorney.
(Here come the oxymoron jokes.)
I can read it too, but i can't understand it, lol.

lol, u liar, all lawyers r gangsters!! If it's like that in England, America should be ahead or r we ahead? i don't know. But seriously, lawyers here are involved in some shady stuff, that's why we girls find lawyers so hot!! lol, i'm not even joking.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#529980 May 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more of a Waitrose kind of guy.
Their Iberico Ham is something else!
Such a shame that the supreme creator being of the universe has vetoed its consumption by his followers.
Ah well, all the more for us then.
Ps. Their chargrilled artichokes are worth getting.
I don't eat pork, but the artichokes sound delicious. I have been to the Waitrose in Marylebone, and believe it or not, in Dubai.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529981 May 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>

"you and your ilk participate in."

hmmmm.....

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529982 May 5, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you really are clueless!!!
You call Christians "bigots" because you say they are intolerant of the beliefs of others while you show your own "bigoted" intolerance of Christians and Christianity time and time again in here.
That makes you not only a "bigot" but it also makes you a huge "hypocrite".
Trolls like you are so blind to your own actions!!!
Thank you-

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#529983 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my child. Morality is subjective therefore neither choice is worse or better, it all depends on individual perspective.
Hehehehe, sorry, I would say the first choice is immoral/worse. In the second choice, sexual desire has been controlled and is therefore not harmful to the spiritual advancement of society according to the laws of dharma.
Many Christians here disagree with us.

I think that loving trumps betrayal every time.

Accirding to Chrisitanity, a gay loving relationship is evil but whoring around on one's spouse is a slight offense.

I don't find Christianity to have many moral values worthy of my respect. Of course, that is just my own moral compass. I impose it on no one else nor do I need to invoke a deity to support it.

Long Beach, CA

#529984 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Mr Catcher, England might be small compared to America, but it's not 1 mile long. U know it's gonna take me about 4 or 5 hours to get to central london. I got to get to outer london, park my car, get on the train then get on the tube, THEN I'LL BE SCREAMING; I'VE GOTTEN OFF ON THE WRONG STATION, SOMEONE HELP!!!! lol
Why don't u just catch a plane to Birmingham, I can even pick u up in my car, i just hope u not 7ft tall coz it's a small hatchback and it might be uncomfortable for u. Although, it would be funny! u could sit in the boot, hehehehehe!!
I have a friend who is going to Birmingham for a month, in June and July!! His son is studying theology (believe it or not) at the uni, and it's the critical period for him, so the dad is going to give the son "support."

You don't want to meet this guy....

I am not 7 feet tall or even 6 feet tall.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529985 May 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we have another person who can't back up their claims here.
Where is my intolerance?
Explain how I am intolerant?
Take a look at the previous page for my reply to "Truths."
I never showed any negative views towards Christianity, let alone any intolerance. I simply speak out against those who believe their views are of a higher priority to follow and that others should be denied their rights because of those views.
If a Christian was in jeopardy of losing their right to go to church I would gladly defend that right, because even if I don't believe in any gods, people shouldn't be denied rights because another people doesn't believe the same.
(Unless it causes harm to others, of course)
Every person has the right to CHOOSE- NOT all choices benefit our eternity.

Persons who choose to sin- are making the CHOICE of where they will spend eternity. Which is THEIR right to do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529986 May 5, 2013
One last comment then I will leave this rest because I value your friendship more than any discussion.

The concept of Vacuum Energy is not a verifiable fact. In essence, Vacuum Energy is just a scientific "non-answer". It is not substantiated by evidence and is as useless and meaningless as the theological "God did it."

I find that science often plays the same "game" as religion.
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand false science. Logicaly and scietificaly, we can not even exist. This came from this and that came from something else and it came from something else and that continues endlessly. So science says that something comes from nothing, An absolute "vacume" is created and there is nothing and something comes from that nothing. Well actualy science shows that the nothing has vacume energy and that is where the something comes from. So, we continue, where did the vacume energy come from and where did that come from etc. etc. etc. it continues on. Logicaly we can not exist. Yet, I think, therefore I am, descarte concluded. Logicaly, we can not find the answer to origin using the logic of science. I chose to look a different direction. Faith in a God that is beyond our comprehension and a spiritual realm that is not seen. That is governed not by the logic of this world, but the logic of an all knowing, all righteous God. Whose wisdom leaves even the wisest among us looking foolish. A God who created this world and all that is in it. To me science is interesting. But, God is Awesome.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#529987 May 5, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read it too, but i can't understand it, lol.
lol, u liar, all lawyers r gangsters!! If it's like that in England, America should be ahead or r we ahead? i don't know. But seriously, lawyers here are involved in some shady stuff, that's why we girls find lawyers so hot!! lol, i'm not even joking.
With apologies to Catcher...

License to Steal

Al Stewart

==========

He walks into the room
He's got a briefcase like a bomb
A smile on both faces
And he calls it aplomb
He wants a bite of your apple
Hands you back the peel
He's fresh out of law school
He's got a license to steal

When he offers his advice
You can guarantee
For several hundred dollars an hour
He will see just how many complications
Your life will reveal

He's an ambulance chaser
A waver of papers
He loves to mix with the movers and shakers
He's taking from them
He's taking from you
Lawyers love money
Anybody's will do
Just take it

He's poking his nose into people's despair
When tragedy strikes he will always be there
Looking so cool
His greed is hard to conceal
You gave him a license to steal

We've got seven hundred thousand attorneys at law
Nobody can tell me what we need them all for
We should throw them in chains
Chastise them and rebuke them
If it doesn't work
We ought to take 'em out and nuke 'em

Blow a lawyer to pieces
It's the obvious way
Don't wait for a thesis
Do it today
Take him to the court of no final appeal
When you're fresh out of lawyers
You don't know how good it's gonna feel

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529988 May 5, 2013
Looking up Messianic Jew information and found a good article~

This was helpful-

http://www.mjaa.ws/archives/214

Judaism is founded on a single event in history where God revealed himself to a whole nation, over a million people, at a single point in time at Mt Sinai – and as he spoke the mountain trembled and the people thought they would die.

Messianic Judaism is founded on this event

and

another which happened almost a thousand years after.

Messianic Jews believe that God spoke at Mt Sinai and established a method by which his people Israel would relate to Him and then, years later, God spoke again and established a method by which the whole world would relate to Him – and his words became flesh and lived among us and he was named Yeshua. Yeshua is the “seed” of Abraham through whom all nations will be blessed (Genesis 12:3; 22:18). He is the “light for the Gentiles that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth”(Isaiah 49:6). His days are from eternity (Micah 5:2). He is the child spoken of in Isaiah:“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”(Isaiah 9:6). He is our Messiah. He is the Messiah.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529989 May 5, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Those sermons are preached ((((Annie)))))
People choose carnal pleasure over God's commandments.
So you choose to eat a ham and cheese sandwich becuase you chose carnal pleasure over God's commandments, of course you are using Paul's saying he has the power to revoke some of God's Laws as an excuse.

Paul bit the apple and handed it to you, you chose to eat it.

"Where are you ?" Genesis 3:9

Long Beach, CA

#529990 May 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
With apologies to Catcher...
License to Steal
Al Stewart
==========
He walks into the room
He's got a briefcase like a bomb
A smile on both faces
And he calls it aplomb
He wants a bite of your apple
Hands you back the peel
When he offers his advice
You can guarantee
For several hundred dollars an hour
He will see just how many complications
Your life will reveal
He's an ambulance chaser
A waver of papers
He loves to mix with the movers and shakers
He's taking from them
He's taking from you
Lawyers love money
Anybody's will do
Just take it
He's poking his nose into people's despair
When tragedy strikes he will always be there
Looking so cool
His greed is hard to conceal
You gave him a license to steal
We've got seven hundred thousand attorneys at law
Nobody can tell me what we need them all for
We should throw them in chains
Chastise them and rebuke them
If it doesn't work
We ought to take 'em out and nuke 'em
Blow a lawyer to pieces
It's the obvious way
Don't wait for a thesis
Do it today
Take him to the court of no final appeal
When you're fresh out of lawyers
You don't know how good it's gonna feel
I like Al Stewart--Year Of the Cat

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#529991 May 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read to my students.
I teach what isn't in the books... experience.
Something religions are incapable of doing.
LOL.... one of the funniest postings I've ever read!! I suppose you make up your own tests for your students to pass as well, and the Government agrees with you wholeheartedly!! LMAO...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#529992 May 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in 'awe' mode today, at the dignity of words in this thread against cat suppositions and quantum shadows of digitalis between the rest of God's Creation! His Love is amazing!
HaHa ~ sometimes one can only laugh at what others are offering :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min bacon hater 881,843
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min StarC 603,840
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 22 min The swamiji 7,716
Is Tv Evangelist Joyce Meyer really a woman tra... (Oct '10) 24 min Littlebruno 157
I need an urgent loan in the next hour (Oct '13) 30 min Naude 17
The Christian Atheist debate 35 min messianic114 4,205
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Lost In Transition 177,910
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 44 min 15th Dalai Lama 8,448
More from around the web