Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Serah wrote:
3/ No trouble at all with IF and in fact, use IF quite often and equate them into an AM statement.
Really? You don't distinguish between the hypothetical and actual?.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Sex outside marriage is never compareable with homosexuality.
One never sees their own transgressions as "sinful" as the transgressions of another.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 2 kinds of EVIL--there is Moral and Natural
Moral such as rape, murder, adultry, whoremungers, etc.---Natural such as earthquakes, diseases , etc.
There is no such thing as evil in the religious sense - a disembodied or demonic principle imbuing the universe, existing independently of man and outside of his mind, and in conflict with an opposing force.

There is no moral evil or natural evil. There is just malice in the minds of some men, an indifferent and often brutal nature, and sometimes just plain bad luck to account for all of the undesirable things that the superstitious call "evil."

"Evil" is merely another of several words invented by your priests that refer to nothing actual, like "sin" and "holy."

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what you just wrote I have to say hello bigot to you.
Yet you can't explain how I'm being a bigot whereas I can do so easily.
That's because I'm not a bigot.
See, when you can't back up your claims it means that your claims are invalid.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call your god's love for all is what we call bigotry.
<quoted text>
I agree. The Christians get no credit for promulgating their hateful dogma because they wrap it up with a hug and empty words about love.
Then they have the nerve to make more empty claims about how we are the bigots. They can never back themselves up though, on that matter or the so-called "love" bit.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we see things differently.....
Have a great day Lacez
To claim love is one thing, to show it is another.
Truths is just another crying crocodile.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not read my posts or you have me confused with someone else (((((Lacez))))))
Everyone has free will to choose - It is between them and God or their non God beliefs.
I have right to believe what God says~ HE gives me that right and I choose to believe His counsel on what things are sins.
He calls homosexuality and premarital sex sins . It does not make me treat anyone any different due to their choices <3
God's word asks us to choose to live for Him and to deny our flesh if our flesh wants to sin. When someone is truly In His word and ways- we have the strength to deny our body what would harm us - what would lead to falling.
A bunch of bull is what that comment was.
You are a bigot for you are intolerant to other beliefs and refuse rights based on that intolerance.
It's simple.

Unless now you're changing your story again and saying that you would vote FOR marriage equality?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as evil in the religious sense - a disembodied or demonic principle imbuing the universe, existing independently of man and outside of his mind, and in conflict with an opposing force.
There is no moral evil or natural evil. There is just malice in the minds of some men, an indifferent and often brutal nature, and sometimes just plain bad luck to account for all of the undesirable things that the superstitious call "evil."
"Evil" is merely another of several words invented by your priests that refer to nothing actual, like "sin" and "holy."
So you don't teach your children RIGHT from WRONG? You think everything is RIGHT and nothing is WRONG? Or explain what you meant here.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted publicly and spoke publicly on this subject. At NO point did I ever say or think that Christians have the right to stop same sex marriage. They do HAVE the right to say they don't agree with it though-
Because-
God gives people free will- people can choose to marry whom they will. The government can not deny the people the very thing which God already provides. Gods word tells why the choice to have sex outside of marriage or in same gender relationshis is unwise. He tells us to make the choice-
What will hinder the choice of gay marriage in this country is that THE GOVERNMENT can INSURANCE companies can not afford to PAY BENEFIFTS out to MORE people after the death of their same sex spouse.
God defines marriage in Genesis as Man and Woman- He gave them to each other and they originally worshipped Him above self.
God says that sex outside of marriage- means we put SELF above God- as it means we give in to our flleshly desires OVER God's concern for our well being. In effect... having 'other gods' before Him.
I asked you to explain how I was being bigoted.
Instead of answering the question, you dodged and failed miserably to back up your own claim.
You just invalidated your claim about me being a bigot.

I ask you again:
If presented a vote, would you vote FOR or AGAINST marriage equality?

Your answer would prove you a bigot or not, it's as simple as that, yet you do not wish to answer for it proves you are a bigot.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
You are against and very negatively vocal toward and against Christians.
You put us all in the same boat- as they say.
LOL- by the word of God- we ALL came off the same boat (c;
You too !
The Ark~
A few things wrong with that, you see:
1. You made a false generalization; I am not "very negatively vocal towards and against Christians." I have shown time and time again that I am only against the bigotry you and your ilk participate in.
A few others here are Christians that do not deny the rights of human individuals. I do not bother them unless they somehow show that they will attempt to deny rights to people because of their beliefs.

2. I never made any generalization. I never once said "all Christians," "all religious people," or anything along those lines.
Prove that I have if you believe that is so.

3. Even if all that were true (refer above to see why it isn't), that would not detail bigotry.
Bigotry is intolerance to those who hold different opinions to oneself.
To display negative criticism towards a belief is not intolerance or bigotry. To display negative criticism towards a belief and attempting to deny rights to those with those beliefs would be intolerance and bigotry.

And so, you have now proven yourself a liar.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put!
Yet there, as the man said, is the rub.
People who want their religion to have social and political influence must expect it to be treated like any other social/political belief.
In other words they need to face up to having their beliefs met with scepticism, hostility and ridicule.
Unfortunately for the believers, facing up to these challenges is not something they are particularly good at. Choosing instead to cry foul and hide behind myths, superstition, bigotry and phobia.
Thanks.

Yes, we have a right to insist on parity. Christians want to be able to say "Jesus is the reason for the season" on a billboard, but call then retorts like "You know it's a myth" inflammatory and insensitive.

And they want to say that their comments about gays are not bigotry or hatred, but that comments about Christian homophobia represent intolerance and Christian bashing.

Now that we have a voice, there need be no special privileges granted to Christians any more.

And yes, ridicule is entirely appropriate, as when people who believe things for no reason at all demand exacting scientific proof for contradictory positions: "Prove it!"

Or people that give no account of anything beyond "goddidit," but require detailed pathways for abiogenesis before the hypothesis can be considered.

We need show no deference to this monstrosity called Christianity. Faith is not a virtue. Nothing fails like prayer. The bible is not wisdom. Jehovah is an immoral, mythological monster. Love does not involve torture. They are all appropriate.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to explain how I was being bigoted.
Instead of answering the question, you dodged and failed miserably to back up your own claim.
You just invalidated your claim about me being a bigot.
I ask you again:
If presented a vote, would you vote FOR or AGAINST marriage equality?
Your answer would prove you a bigot or not, it's as simple as that, yet you do not wish to answer for it proves you are a bigot.
Really??? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you think that calling her a bigot will change her mind?

The word "bigot" has been thrown around here so much that it has lost its meaning. It has been trivialized until it applies to anyone that disagrees with another.

Ask anyone that has changed their mind concerning homosexuality...it wasn't because of someone getting in their face and accusing them of being a bigot. Those changes have occurred because of understanding...communication. ..and patience.

Think about it...are they going to change you by getting in your face and calling you an abomination...evil...wicked... immoral?

What do I know though? As I have been called here...I am just a "poor mother of a homosexual son". What I really am is just a mother that tries to create a little kinder world for her son to live in.

I won't accomplish that by name calling and insults.

I can do better than that. Well...most of the time...well...I try to anyway.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of bull is what that comment was.
You are a bigot for you are intolerant to other beliefs and refuse rights based on that intolerance.
It's simple.
Unless now you're changing your story again and saying that you would vote FOR marriage equality?
Wow you really are clueless!!!

You call Christians "bigots" because you say they are intolerant of the beliefs of others while you show your own "bigoted" intolerance of Christians and Christianity time and time again in here.

That makes you not only a "bigot" but it also makes you a huge "hypocrite".

Trolls like you are so blind to your own actions!!!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
You do know that Jesus was gay? No? We have the evidence. In the earliest bibles, the words spoken by Jesus were in mauve and not red.
LOL.

Give puce a chance.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you think that calling her a bigot will change her mind?
The word "bigot" has been thrown around here so much that it has lost its meaning. It has been trivialized until it applies to anyone that disagrees with another.
Ask anyone that has changed their mind concerning homosexuality...it wasn't because of someone getting in their face and accusing them of being a bigot. Those changes have occurred because of understanding...communication. ..and patience.
Think about it...are they going to change you by getting in your face and calling you an abomination...evil...wicked... immoral?
What do I know though? As I have been called here...I am just a "poor mother of a homosexual son". What I really am is just a mother that tries to create a little kinder world for her son to live in.
I won't accomplish that by name calling and insults.
I can do better than that. Well...most of the time...well...I try to anyway.
See, the only problem with that is that through a forum, it's extremely hard, if not impossible, to get someone to think more on their views about homosexuality, let alone change them.
Most people only change their views and understand better when a family member or friend is gay.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you really are clueless!!!
You call Christians "bigots" because you say they are intolerant of the beliefs of others while you show your own "bigoted" intolerance of Christians and Christianity time and time again in here.
That makes you not only a "bigot" but it also makes you a huge "hypocrite".
Trolls like you are so blind to your own actions!!!
So, we have another person who can't back up their claims here.
Where is my intolerance?
Explain how I am intolerant?

Take a look at the previous page for my reply to "Truths."
I never showed any negative views towards Christianity, let alone any intolerance. I simply speak out against those who believe their views are of a higher priority to follow and that others should be denied their rights because of those views.

If a Christian was in jeopardy of losing their right to go to church I would gladly defend that right, because even if I don't believe in any gods, people shouldn't be denied rights because another people doesn't believe the same.
(Unless it causes harm to others, of course)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Beautiful, isn't it?

Makes you want to cry.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
Keep the commandments? That'll be commandments like "Honour thy father and mother" Yes? So what if your father is Josef Fritzl?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

Do you honestly believe that Fritzl's daughters should still honour that man? If you do then your sense of morality, is pretty degenerate. If however, you admit that it doesn't apply in this particular case, then it's hardly the absolute rule that you seem to think it is.
It's pretty amazing that that ridiculous rule made it onto the top ten list of do's and don'ts, the first four of which are about kissing some mythical god's ass. There wasn't even room for "Be kind" on the list.

==========

Ask a Christian what the Commandment means. Remember, they would stone you to death for violating it, so there ought to be a pretty clear guideline for what honoring means in this context.

Does it mean obey? Why not say so. It seems to imply more. After all, you should also obey the law and your employer, so it probably should mean a little more than that.

The word has so many meanings, In phrases like honor a coupon, honor a commitment, or "on my honor," it seems to mean to keep a promise. How does that apply to parents?

How about an honor code? Nope. Not that meaning, either.

Surely it doesn't mean give an award to or throw a banquet for.

Who cares, huh? Just stone the kid. He probably did something.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care anymore, Tide. I honestly don't give a f*ck about retarded people!!! I'm giving up my empathy! People can kill, rape, molest whoever they want. U r right, morality is subjective and i don't f*cking care!!! See my morality changed with the click of a finger, U R SO RIGHT!!!!
I don't think i'm going to stay on Topix, but if i do for a bit, don't talk to me about morality shit or any other shit! If u don't wanna talk to me, u have the free will to do that do! Take care, nice knowing u!
What's wrong, Clementine?

Or are you goofing on us?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
The one's who have always said that ever life is precious!!!
Not to me.

That doesn't mean we should kill. But we needn't grieve every death or even count it a loss if the individual did more harm than good.
Clementia wrote:
The truly moral people have forgiven the people who murdered their children, they have no hate in their hearts. That's why they are moral and we aren't.
Sorry, but this is just wrong. You owe it to yourself to get over your anger, but forgiveness is much more than mere acceptance. We needn't harbor rage or exact vengeance. But I'll never forgive you for murdering my child. Never. And I would have no respect for anybody that did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

453 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ChristineM 722,167
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min golti 4,924
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min ChristineM 224,640
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min passing by 256,977
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min jethro8 533,572
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 26 min Ed Teach 15
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min RiccardoFire 93,840
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr KIpetesayKEGOut 115,619
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••