Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529793 May 5, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro
When you say 'the non-believers in god', who are you actually referring to?
Years ago- I learned from Xcntrk and several others that are non Christian- That the behavior of many Christians was UN Christ like. Including some of my own comments.

God used them to drive that point home to me.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#529794 May 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Have a great day everyone.....GOD BLESS
Have a nice day, EPI.d

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529795 May 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to just ignore the fact that she wishes to deny marriage to certain individuals and speaks about them as evil.
Bigotry is intolerance to other views, and so denying rights to certain individuals is being intolerant of them and their views.
Therefore, yes, "Truths" is a bigot, along with the fact that she aligns herself with the other bigots and hateful people here.
You must not read my posts or you have me confused with someone else (((((Lacez))))))

Everyone has free will to choose - It is between them and God or their non God beliefs.

I have right to believe what God says~ HE gives me that right and I choose to believe His counsel on what things are sins.
He calls homosexuality and premarital sex sins . It does not make me treat anyone any different due to their choices <3

God's word asks us to choose to live for Him and to deny our flesh if our flesh wants to sin. When someone is truly In His word and ways- we have the strength to deny our body what would harm us - what would lead to falling.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#529796 May 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Faith is one of the three phoney virtues; the others being piety and righteousness. Not so much a trinity, as three ugly sisters.
Unlike the witches in Macbeth who see the world in a cauldron, these three have done their best to turn the place into one (praise the Lord) and they’re still going strong.
Among the many gifts from these delightful muses we have, well, the Middle East conflict for a start – and that’s the gift that just seems to keep on giving – not to mention the cancer at the heart of it: Jerusalem. That jewel in the desert; that celestial piss-hole in the sand, from which the spiritual black death of the Middle Eastern desert has oozed and spread throughout this world like a vile oil slick; coating and contaminating everything it touches with a thick slime of pious ignorance ... only we don’t call it ignorance, we call it faith."
Pat Condell
And the words of Pat Condell only proves that HE is the one who is ignorant.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#529797 May 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
People don't determine the love of JESUS ~ JESUS does.
Jesus isn't here.

To an unbeliever, the love of Jesus refers to the love of Christians and the church.

It does you no good to continually divert attention from reality and redirect it to empty words. Christianity is its manifestation, not its words.

I used to have admitting privileges in a Tenet hospital, one of the most loathsome corporations in the solar system. There was nothing that this carbuncle on society's taint wouldn't do to its patients and our community for a buck.

When we called them on it, they would point to their mission and values statement [ http://www.tenethealth.com/about/pages/missio... ] saying that that was what they were all about. We said, "bullshit" to them as well.

Fennario

#529798 May 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
I don't consider the world hopelessly lost, but you might try asking starving people how they feel about the world. With all the food we have, we let people starve.... discuss that with them.
Why?

Did you have a point with this? If so, please make it explicitly. If your point was that life is not always good, is there a reason why you are bringing that obvious truth to our attention now?

Why didn't you mention that there are many very happy people in the world who are not starving? It's the Christian pessimism in you that keeps pulling you back to the ugly, isn't it?

Incidentally, the hope for the starving lies in secular humanism and science, not Christianity, which promotes their uncontrolled reproduction, facilitates their ongoing poverty and ignorance, and praises their suffering:

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa

They want to make her a saint.

Fennario

#529799 May 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
I have many friends who consider themselves Atheists; but I have also heard them cry out "Dear GOD" on lots of different occasions....
And here I am rolling the boulder uphill again.

Did you have a point to go with that? If so, can you please make it explicitly rather than assume that others know what you are thinking or why you posted what you did. If you had, I could address this and we could move on.

Instead, I have to send you another post to ask you to clarity. It is very likely that by the time we know what you meant, we won't remember what its relevance was. I'll likely need to track down the two or three posts that preceded it and post the multiple comments as a continuous thread to know, and for others to know. That's the boulder.

Fennario

#529800 May 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Am I going to roast forever if I don't love Jesus? The love of Jesus is in the answers to these questions.
Serah wrote:
Are you going to roast forever? It just depends which realm you are heading for next, in my opinion, and we should all be worthy of following the path we choose. We should all choose wisely the actions of today, for they might well be the outcome of tomorrow!!
And there is the love of Jesus.

As I have said before, if your god were real, and if we had the power, we would be justified in killing it before it sent another human being to be tortured. and to release it present prisoners in hell.

I doubt that you or any other Christian present has the moral courage to agree with that. We killed Hitler and bin Laden for much less, and I'll bet that you don't mind a bit.

I'll say to you what I said to blind man: you are both gentle and nice people, and it gives me no pleasure to treat your posting like I do. But you are both vectors for filth, and your messages deserve harsh condemnation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#529802 May 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I've received several special requests today...one from parents who are brokenhearted over their teenager's condition, another from one who needs help in their faith and Christian walk, still others from those who have special unspoken needs and health problems, another from one who needs a job, and the list goes on. God, you know that though thousands of people have prayer requests, I cannot mention every one right now. YOU know their heart cries, our every need, and what is best. I pray for your intervention, provision, guidance, and blessing wherever needed. I lift up every person who is praying this prayer, that you will touch them in great and mighty ways, that each will be blessed beyond comprehension, that you will be glorified and exalted, that eyes will be opened and hearts broken over sin; that spirits will be encouraged by your mercy...and lives changed by your forgiveness. Thank you, Father, for all you do and all you are. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529804 May 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, by all means, explain how I am being bigoted.
I am not attempting to deny you any rights.
I am not attempting to deny you your opinion.
To state an opinion is not intolerance.
To say that your opinion is more valuable than others, then deny people their rights and force your opinions on them, is intolerance and therefore bigotry.
You already said that you would not support equality under the law.
Ergo, you are a bigot, for you are attempting to force your beliefs on others and also attempting to say that their opinions don't matter.
I have posted publicly and spoke publicly on this subject. At NO point did I ever say or think that Christians have the right to stop same sex marriage. They do HAVE the right to say they don't agree with it though-

Because-

God gives people free will- people can choose to marry whom they will. The government can not deny the people the very thing which God already provides. Gods word tells why the choice to have sex outside of marriage or in same gender relationshis is unwise. He tells us to make the choice-
What will hinder the choice of gay marriage in this country is that THE GOVERNMENT can INSURANCE companies can not afford to PAY BENEFIFTS out to MORE people after the death of their same sex spouse.

God defines marriage in Genesis as Man and Woman- He gave them to each other and they originally worshipped Him above self.
God says that sex outside of marriage- means we put SELF above God- as it means we give in to our flleshly desires OVER God's concern for our well being. In effect... having 'other gods' before Him.

Fennario

#529805 May 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
sin 1 (sn)
n.
1. A transgression of a religious or moral law, especially when deliberate.
2. Theology
a. Deliberate disobedience to the known will of God.
b. A condition of estrangement from God resulting from such disobedience.
3. Something regarded as being shameful, deplorable, or utterly wrong....

Sin has indeed been proven, over and over again, it is just the word you don't approve of, because you think it belongs to GOD.
There is no such thing as sin in the religious sense - a violation of a god's law as in definitions 1 and 2.

And the meaning given in definition 3 is trivial. We don't need to prove that shameful, deplorable or utterly wrong things occur, nor do we need another name for them, especially one that invokes a religious connotation.

Fennario

#529806 May 5, 2013
And faith is the delivery room for the afterbirth of understanding.
simplyput wrote:
That is about the most idiotic and corniest statement I have ever heard.
Go read your bible.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529807 May 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, by all means, explain how I am being bigoted.
You are against and very negatively vocal toward and against Christians.
You put us all in the same boat- as they say.
LOL- by the word of God- we ALL came off the same boat (c;
You too !
The Ark~

Fennario

#529808 May 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what you just wrote I have to say hello bigot to you.
Since you consider yourself a competent judge of bigotry, let's test you. Do you consider this bigotry or not:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

[4] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22

Here, unbelievers are called fools, vile, corrupt, wicked, dark, liars, the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and appropriate to be tortured in fire and brimstone. The world is told that not one of us is any good. Not even one.

Is that bigotry, the holy words of a loving god, or both?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529809 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't here.
To an unbeliever, the love of Jesus refers to the love of Christians and the church.
It does you no good to continually divert attention from reality and redirect it to empty words. Christianity is its manifestation, not its words.
I used to have admitting privileges in a Tenet hospital, one of the most loathsome corporations in the solar system. There was nothing that this carbuncle on society's taint wouldn't do to its patients and our community for a buck.
When we called them on it, they would point to their mission and values statement [ http://www.tenethealth.com/about/pages/missio... ] saying that that was what they were all about. We said, "bullshit" to them as well.
<quoted text>
carbuncle on society's taint.
Hehehe

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#529811 May 5, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted publicly and spoke publicly on this subject. At NO point did I ever say or think that Christians have the right to stop same sex marriage. They do HAVE the right to say they don't agree with it though-
Because-
God gives people free will- people can choose to marry whom they will. The government can not deny the people the very thing which God already provides. Gods word tells why the choice to have sex outside of marriage or in same gender relationshis is unwise. He tells us to make the choice-
What will hinder the choice of gay marriage in this country is that THE GOVERNMENT can INSURANCE companies can not afford to PAY BENEFIFTS out to MORE people after the death of their same sex spouse.
God defines marriage in Genesis as Man and Woman- He gave them to each other and they originally worshipped Him above self.
God says that sex outside of marriage- means we put SELF above God- as it means we give in to our flleshly desires OVER God's concern for our well being. In effect... having 'other gods' before Him.
Good morning Deb, that is a brilliant description of why God hates ALL sexual immorality, although saying that he considers same gender sex unions "unwise" is understating it somewhat.

Hope you are having a Blessed SONday.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529812 May 5, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow is my birthday I still have no master plan but in general I like it. Thank you peace
Happy birthday, Adam :) Soon.

I have no idea what time it is in Germany.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#529813 May 5, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M6CrXP7ZnakXX
Beautiful.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529814 May 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I just got through reading this and thought the Christians might be interested in reading it too.
2 John 1:7 ¶For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 ¶If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
7-11 The deceiver and his deceit are described: he brings some error concerning the person or office of the Lord Jesus. Such a one is a deceiver and an antichrist; he deludes souls, and undermines the glory and kingdom of the Lord Christ. Let us not think it strange, that there are deceivers and opposers of the Lord Christ's name and dignity now, for there were such, even in the apostles' times. The more deceivers and deceits abound, the more watchful the disciples must be. Sad it is, that splendid attainments in the school of Christ, should ever be lost. The way to gain the full reward is, to abide true to Christ, and constant in religion to the end. Firm cleaving to Christian truth unites us to Christ, and thereby to the Father also; for they are one. Let us equally disregard such as abide not in the doctrine of Christ, and those who transgress his commands. Any who did not profess and preach the doctrine of Christ, respecting him as the Son of God, and salvation by him from guilt and sin, were not to be noticed and countenanced. Yet in obeying this command, we must show kindness and a good spirit to those who differ from us in lesser matters, but hold firmly the all-important doctrines of Christ's person, atonement, and holy salvation.
((((((HFN))))))) Excellent and relevent to my home church !
Borrowing sweet sister.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#529815 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Your post and it's empty references to vacuum energy and Einstein show us that you don't understand what you posted or what it means. You probably didn't use the fancy PHRASES "vacuum energy" because you had never heard of nor considered the concept before. Am I correct?
Also, the final sentence of your link says, "So the short answer is, yes, something can be created from nothing." Were you aware that that contradicts your comment, Of course, that comment seems to contradict what preceded it.
Regarding your claim that you use common sense, it is well understood that common sense is misleading in the quantum world. If you use it, you will be lost immediately. From Nils Bohr, a founding father of quantum mechanics:
"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."
And ....
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct."
Sorry to be this way, but you have no business making declarative sentences in this field. Everything you post should end in a question mark. Something about faith based thinking teaches you that you can make any assertion you like, however uninformed.
Those followed the link and read it, know that the nothing in this equation is, in their own words,("nothing" is an illusion"). They can not create nothing. So in truth they can not make something from nothing. Basicaly it says we can not creat nothing. But, we can make it look like nothing. And since we can make it look like nothing, let us then say we can make something from nothing. And now let us all say to the world that it is FACT. And the world believes it is a FACT. When in fact it is not. It is an illusion. FAKE, FRAUD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Chuck 678,913
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 19 min Liberals are Nutjobs 2,503
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Buck Crick 118,989
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min ChromiuMan 6,264
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 5 hr Wanckerty 59
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr diseases 546
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 6 hr reparations 42
More from around the web