Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#529674 May 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends.
Read "The Case of the Speluncean Explorers," by Lon Fuller. Fuller was my law professor, and used this story in teaching us the morality of the law.
Interesting case. It however does not adress morality. Law rarely does. I address the statutes.

Had the statues incleded exemtions for homicide by lot under duress the court would have dismissed the case in short order.

It is similar to the current lack of address by law of assisted suicide. A "morallity" that has yet to be adressed by law save states where jury nulification exists.

IN fact, had said case been presented to a jury in such a state, the defendents may have had a quick aquital.

Secualr law is as limited and flawed as sacral legalism. Neither actually address morality, just codifies (and presumes to be) community opinion.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#529675 May 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibalistic scavenging isn't unethical, under starving conditions.
If you're not murdering people for food, or influencing the untimely demise of your human meal, the only choice you are making is between utilizing their corpse or not.
An ethical determination, when you are actively influencing the death of humans in order to eat them, requires a lot of information.
In a survival situation I'd ingest another human with no hesitation as long as they were dead, clean etc... The conditions you pointed out above.

I'd probably use some Black Cherry to smoke the flesh first, too.

Tasty.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529676 May 4, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think arranged marriages are immoral.
Can I stop the practice of selling a daughter to the highest bidder?
Morality depends.
Again, no it does not! U people who r ignorant of the eastern religions and philosophies have to stop talking nonsense!! Just because you do not have the understanding, does not mean u can make things up!!

Please don't confuse arrange marriages with forced marriages!!! Forced marriages and selling human-beings is immoral according to the laws of dharma. But what did i tell u before?? People do not want to listen to moral people, they think they are too bloody clever!!!

I also told u that Hitler can say that killing 6 million Jews was a moral act, but surely u understand that is not morality!

Morality has not changed one bit and i don't understand why u people don't want to look at the facts and why u want morality to change???

Why is it so hard to believe that moral people existed 5,000 years ago and evil b*st*rds exist even today!! Good and bad people have always existed at the same time!!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#529677 May 4, 2013
There is nothing a person can do or say to get another person to Christ. It takes the Holy Spirit. A person can be used of the Spirit. But still, It takes the Holy Spirit. Jesus is calling, will you answer?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529678 May 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Re-read my posting, G, and you might understand what I wrote. I did not say they were Epi's words, I said it was Epi's posting ..... massive difference!
So we learn nothing from Epi.

It is much different than Learning DIRECTLY IN HER OWN WORDS from Alice. As my post indicated.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#529679 May 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Nawwwww..........being ignorant of God's righteousness, that devil's just got him him going about establishing his own righteousness.
"Faith is one of the three phoney virtues; the others being piety and righteousness. Not so much a trinity, as three ugly sisters.
Unlike the witches in Macbeth who see the world in a cauldron, these three have done their best to turn the place into one (praise the Lord) and they’re still going strong.

Among the many gifts from these delightful muses we have, well, the Middle East conflict for a start – and that’s the gift that just seems to keep on giving – not to mention the cancer at the heart of it: Jerusalem. That jewel in the desert; that celestial piss-hole in the sand, from which the spiritual black death of the Middle Eastern desert has oozed and spread throughout this world like a vile oil slick; coating and contaminating everything it touches with a thick slime of pious ignorance ... only we don’t call it ignorance, we call it faith."

Pat Condell

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529680 May 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Why is the carnal mind enmity against God.
.... it is not subject to the law of God neither indeed can be.
Romans 8:7
So the Laws of God do not apply to us 'non-believers'.

OK

Thanks for clearing that up.

Location hidden

#529681 May 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WE should stone our disobedient children to death like the Bible says ?
Who the hell is talkin' about the Bible??

I'm talkin' about moral human-beings.

I'm talkin' about people who said, "let him who is without sin cast the first stone." Those were moral people, who gave their own lives but protected the lives of others!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529682 May 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
How does the renewed heart regard God's law.
For this is the love of God,that we keep His commandments:and His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3
All 613 of them ?

Watford, UK

#529683 May 4, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
That is about the most idiotic and corniest statement I have ever heard.
I thought it was hilarious.

Location hidden

#529684 May 4, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Faith is one of the three phoney virtues; the others being piety and righteousness. Not so much a trinity, as three ugly sisters.
Unlike the witches in Macbeth who see the world in a cauldron, these three have done their best to turn the place into one (praise the Lord) and they’re still going strong.
Among the many gifts from these delightful muses we have, well, the Middle East conflict for a start – and that’s the gift that just seems to keep on giving – not to mention the cancer at the heart of it: Jerusalem. That jewel in the desert; that celestial piss-hole in the sand, from which the spiritual black death of the Middle Eastern desert has oozed and spread throughout this world like a vile oil slick; coating and contaminating everything it touches with a thick slime of pious ignorance ... only we don’t call it ignorance, we call it faith."
Pat Condell
Hey, Khatru!!! Been a long time, u still remember me??

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529685 May 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
In a survival situation I'd ingest another human with no hesitation as long as they were dead, clean etc... The conditions you pointed out above.
I'd probably use some Black Cherry to smoke the flesh first, too.
Tasty.
In New Guinea human flesh is called "Long Pig". WE taste like pork, not chicken.

Cool huh ?

Possibly a reason for the ancient Mid-East ban on pork, to close to cannibalism ?

There is a Doctoral Thesis in there. <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529686 May 4, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'm talkin' about moral human-beings....
Which ones ?

The ones who say that murderers should be executed or those that say they shouldn't ?

Which ones are the moral ones ?

Location hidden

#529687 May 4, 2013
How does God regard those that walk in His law.

Blessed are the undefiled in the way,who walk in th law of the Lord.
Psalms 119:1

Watford, UK

#529688 May 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You are of your father, the devil. And the deeds of your father you desire to do.
Jesus said that.

I guess he did some good things after all..........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529689 May 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Then the cat lives
What is difital logic? Googled it and nothing came up....
And I already explained where an IF becomes and AM and not trying again, you either understand or you don't. It appears you don't.
Digital Logic

And, OR, If, Then, Nor, Nand, Not, Xor, Xand

Actually all logical equasions can be expressed solelly with NAND functions. So there is really only the NAND function all others being simplifications.

Location hidden

#529690 May 4, 2013
What blessing attends those who keep God's commandments.

Moreover by them is Thy servant warned;and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Psalms 19:11

Watford, UK

#529691 May 4, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws deal with crime. Laws written and upheld by old people, not gods. Morality is simply the concept of good vs. evil. It has always been subject to change. It always will be as long as new people get old.
That's what it boils down to for me. Morality is not absolute and it's certainly not something to be attributed to some unproveable supernatural cosmic mega-being(s).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#529692 May 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
How does God regard those that walk in His law.
Blessed are the undefiled in the way,who walk in th law of the Lord.
Psalms 119:1
So everyone expect a few Jews are damned.

OK

Location hidden

#529693 May 4, 2013
What is said of those who love God's law.

Great peace have they which love Thy law;and nothing shall offend them.
Psalms 119:165

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min EditorAtLarge 59,659
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Peter Ross 446,257
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Anthony MN 695,495
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 39 min MOGADORE 40
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 40 min MOGADORE 4
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 42 min MOGADORE 871
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr TrifectaBusted 994,039
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web