Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#529291 May 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Certainly the church is to blame, but in my opinion, so is the individual that accedes to that training.

As the Christians are quick to point out, we are not robots. We are free to choose, and we should be held accountable for our choices. As it is with the matter of respect, I don't see why I would give them more than they offer.
G_O_D wrote:
I don't totally disagree with you but I understand it is difficult to break with the things one has been indoctrinated into since birth.
I understand that as well.

Still, I have to hold the Christians to the same standards that they hold the rest of us: we are not robots. We make choices, and we are at least in part responsible for those choices.

Fennario

#529292 May 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Okay fellow this is all your getting again.(((Ians))) this is real painful huh.lol.
Thanks. Not so painful.

Fennario

#529293 May 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I just simply believe you are genuinely unable to grasp the understanding of scripture.
That is what I would say about you.

You seem to take it at face value - as the words of a god. A proper understanding of scripture is that it is an ancient myth written by men and intended to control people.

You lack the ability to understand this. You are blinded by faith, which warps your judgment and causes you to lack literary discernment.

Fennario

#529294 May 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
You seem to not remember that I don't go to a church, then again, you don't care about that either, so fine. Next.
You don't seem to remember what the Christian church is. One doesn't go to it.
Counter_Strike wrote:
What I say generally comes with informational content
Not to me. I just see sterile theological speculations. What else have you ever posted?

What you believe is of no consequence except to you. Others generally only care about what you know and can demonstrate.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Your myopic view of scripture causes you to say things and makes inaccurate statements rather than asking questions.
My myopic view? You should be asking me questions about the bible.
Counter_Strike wrote:
If he were a 'god' as you put it who Created all life, then surely he would have valid reasons to end it. And it would be well within His rights to do so if and when He chooses.
I find comments like that repulsive. I've heard people say similar things to children: "I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it." That would be a violation of humanist ethics.

Fennario

#529295 May 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
He is a being of perfection and the Almighty One. He is fully capable of both creation and ruin. He however chose to be merciful and unfortunately sometimes His way or mercy is to release you from your misery and offensive existence in an ugly fashion. He is above good and bad, he is Right always whether or not you think His methods horrific. We have unleashed sin upon ourselves, and all we can do is fall to His command and guidance in order to see ourselves through, because being outside of it, may cause us to drink from is cup of wrath and vengeance.
Here's a nice example of what you call information.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Here's a big difference between our camps: we know right and wrong, and respect it. You just accept whatever you have been told that your god did or said as moral behavior, however egregious it is.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Your end statement only confirms why discussions with you are pointless. Sad, but quite possibly true.
Look at what you posted. Look at what I posted. Yours is idle theological speculation. Mine is about reality here and now.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#529296 May 4, 2013
Just tap and go...

The #1 selling Bible in the Kindle Store for 2010 and 2011. This bible allows touch screen navigation to any chapter or verse, making it the perfect choice for the Kindle Fire, Ipad and all Kindle readers.

This book contains the complete old and new testament formatted for easy reading and navigation on the Amazon Kindle. Includes chapter and verse navigation. ASV Version.

Jump from book to book by tapping or selecting items in the Table of Contents. Additionally throughout the book you can tap or select on any [chapter:verse] hyperlink and jump to a complete chapter and verse index for any book of the bible.

Or use your Kindle's search option...

This bible is setup to make it very simple to jump to specific books, chapters and verses and at any point in the book you can simply type what you are looking for and use Kindle's search option to find your text.

For example, if you want to find John 3:16 just type john 316 (you don't even need the : character) and click search. You will be taken to a hyperlink for John 3:16. Click on it and you are there. In most cases you can find a specific book/chapter/verse within a few seconds.

Because you can search using the book names you are familiar with, you won't need to remember any search codes like some of the other Kindle based bibles.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Formatted-eRe...

Fennario

#529297 May 4, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Call it whatever you want ...FSM, Evolution, Paul Bunyan, the Great Spirit, the Great Pumpkin, etc ...
Why did "IT" design a lowly starfish to regenerate limbs (as well as certain other critters) but mammals cannot?
Nothing was designed before the advent of intelligent life.
hick-up wrote:
She can regrow a fingernail, but not a finger ... Which means what?? It means that your god has no more power than mine. Go figure!
I have no idea what your point is. My point is that there is no god capable of regrowing limbs willing to help mankind. That shouldn't need to be said, but apparently it does, since a couple billion people apparently believe otherwise.
hick-up wrote:
You nor anyone else will ever convince me that there is nothing greater than I.
I wouldn't try. But I would say that there is nothing yet known greater than mankind.

Fennario

#529298 May 4, 2013
hick-up wrote:
let me tell you what I see in you. I see an expat without the stuff necessary to make it in the USA.
I don't know how you define "making it," but I achieved my goals.

What does America have to offer somebody not seeking a formal education or trying to make a living? I live a healthier lifestyle in a happier place now, with better weather and a friendlier economy.

How are you doing? Are you making it?
hick-up wrote:
By your own admission, when it got too hard you pulled up stakes and headed south of the border.
By my admission? Those would be your words. I have never found anything too hard - except for a few of these conversations on Topix.
hick-up wrote:
You are where you belong.
Yeah, I know.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529299 May 4, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Just tap and go...
The #1 selling Bible in the Kindle Store for 2010 and 2011. This bible allows touch screen navigation to any chapter or verse, making it the perfect choice for the Kindle Fire, Ipad and all Kindle readers.
This book contains the complete old and new testament formatted for easy reading and navigation on the Amazon Kindle. Includes chapter and verse navigation. ASV Version.
Jump from book to book by tapping or selecting items in the Table of Contents. Additionally throughout the book you can tap or select on any [chapter:verse] hyperlink and jump to a complete chapter and verse index for any book of the bible.
Or use your Kindle's search option...
This bible is setup to make it very simple to jump to specific books, chapters and verses and at any point in the book you can simply type what you are looking for and use Kindle's search option to find your text.
For example, if you want to find John 3:16 just type john 316 (you don't even need the : character) and click search. You will be taken to a hyperlink for John 3:16. Click on it and you are there. In most cases you can find a specific book/chapter/verse within a few seconds.
Because you can search using the book names you are familiar with, you won't need to remember any search codes like some of the other Kindle based bibles.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Formatted-eRe...
Next week, we will go over how to change the code to make it say anything you want it to.

Brother, pass the plate...again.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#529300 May 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It does.
I was simply elaborating and explaining the evolution and process of associated scriptures you had begun to elaborate on.
NOT one of them have ever really addressed the very primal and essence of the "creator" of the very beginning of "civilization" (that we know of today) to any satisfaction anyway.
That's what it's really all about-isn't it?
It does seem as civilization accumulates(the transition from tribe, to culture, to society, to a civilization), the religious beliefs and practices become more detailed and intricate, but so does everything else. I see that as convergence of ideas and knowledge.

This is my opinion, but I don't think you can look at the religious practices and methods of deity worship seen in ancient man as an indicator of some "original creator" awareness.

Those practices get more vague and wide ranging the further back in determinable history you go. Unless you're suggesting that ancient man, as he anthropomorphized aspects of the natural world around him, such as animals, trees, rocks, water and other components of that environment was hinting at deifying something that they "felt", and that'd be conjecture(which is at the center of all purported deity beliefs, conjecture).

You know aboriginal Americans still practiced Animism and similar beliefs when Europeans arrived. But they didn't feel those things they honored or felt gratitude towards were "gods".

They simply appreciated the addition those animals and other parts of the natural world they utilized imparted to their existence. It wasn't worship. It was remembrance, honor, respect, in that they understood those elements improved their life. They lived better because of them, and often due to certain of those elements dying, and so the people realized advantage from that death. They were grateful.

Primitive but evolved Pantheism or Deism? Possibly akin to a pantheistic/deistic thought process, in which they put a name to something they couldn't identify but thought had to be?(the mystery of life and our awareness of being part of that, but not knowing why)

Precursors of full fledged theism?

I dunno, it appears to me that humans will find meaning in the most mundane and coincidental of occurrences, when there is absolutely no relation or "providence", or divine assistance, as it applies to an individual or group, if you get me. As if some fortunate incident must have been intended or guided, or: "How could that fire burn all around me but I remain unscathed?...It must be the gods!".

In those circumstances, I think the events and the way they happened - is just what happened - and there is no interference or assistance from some universal force, supernatural entity, or "supreme being">> and you happened to benefit from that.

People tend to label those beyond imagination or belief chains of circumstance that in other instances involving the same components(fire, volcano, flood,...whatever)as having to have had some force that saved them, but, from everything I can determine from those stories you hear, and at times have experienced myself....

That's just the way things went.

A fortunate but entirely natural set of circumstances involving nothing more than the best or optimal outcome.

I hope I didn't range or ramble to far off point, but for myself, I don't see the religious beliefs of today or in the past, as being a remnant of a creator/deity belief that was actually valid, and these days, people just have it buggered up beyond recognition...

I also understand that isn't what you were implying, necessarily.

okay, I'm done rambling.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529301 May 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem as civilization accumulates(the transition from tribe, to culture, to society, to a civilization), the religious beliefs and practices become more detailed and intricate, but so does everything else. I see that as convergence of ideas and knowledge.
This is my opinion, but I don't think you can look at the religious practices and methods of deity worship seen in ancient man as an indicator of some "original creator" awareness.
Those practices get more vague and wide ranging the further back in determinable history you go. Unless you're suggesting that ancient man, as he anthropomorphized aspects of the natural world around him, such as animals, trees, rocks, water and other components of that environment was hinting at deifying something that they "felt", and that'd be conjecture(which is at the center of all purported deity beliefs, conjecture).
You know aboriginal Americans still practiced Animism and similar beliefs when Europeans arrived. But they didn't feel those things they honored or felt gratitude towards were "gods".
They simply appreciated the addition those animals and other parts of the natural world they utilized imparted to their existence. It wasn't worship. It was remembrance, honor, respect, in that they understood those elements improved their life. They lived better because of them, and often due to certain of those elements dying, and so the people realized advantage from that death. They were grateful.
Primitive but evolved Pantheism or Deism? Possibly akin to a pantheistic/deistic thought process, in which they put a name to something they couldn't identify but thought had to be?(the mystery of life and our awareness of being part of that, but not knowing why)
Precursors of full fledged theism?
I dunno, it appears to me that humans will find meaning in the most mundane and coincidental of occurrences, when there is absolutely no relation or "providence", or divine assistance, as it applies to an individual or group, if you get me. As if some fortunate incident must have been intended or guided, or: "How could that fire burn all around me but I remain unscathed?...It must be the gods!".
In those circumstances, I think the events and the way they happened - is just what happened - and there is no interference or assistance from some universal force, supernatural entity, or "supreme being">> and you happened to benefit from that.
People tend to label those beyond imagination or belief chains of circumstance that in other instances involving the same components(fire, volcano, flood,...whatever)as having to have had some force that saved them, but, from everything I can determine from those stories you hear, and at times have experienced myself....
That's just the way things went.
A fortunate but entirely natural set of circumstances involving nothing more than the best or optimal outcome.
I hope I didn't range or ramble to far off point, but for myself, I don't see the religious beliefs of today or in the past, as being a remnant of a creator/deity belief that was actually valid, and these days, people just have it buggered up beyond recognition...
I also understand that isn't what you were implying, necessarily.
okay, I'm done rambling.
We're just parasites.

We're no better or worse than a deer tick. We feed off the Earth, we breed (some of you do) and we die. The Earth gets bigger and bigger. That's mostly because of it's mass but the things that were born here also contribute.

The things that are buried will continue to be buried and the things that are found will continue to age. The people that find those things will continue to get older and sooner or later, they will be found.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#529302 May 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to see it for what it is CC. It seems you may too.
Indeed. What we see here in this temporal (worldly) place is a manifestation of what is going on in the spiritual realm. The battle is not mine but God's. Have you ever read Foxe's Book of Martyrs? As someone else posted nothing really new under the sun. Things are not as they seem to be. But God knows.

Clearwater, FL

#529303 May 4, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
We have made that choice Chris... and it is Good Word. Agreed when money is used correctly. A bit like the double edged sword of everything positive negative. The gold used they create it from in any currency still belongs to God. It is always the abuse of mankind where truth is concerned, that counts or weighs against him.
Take Care Brother and Blessings
Very true. Are you familiar with the lesson of the widow's mite? Very good teaching from the Lord on money. God's love.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529304 May 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. What we see here in this temporal (worldly) place is a manifestation of what is going on in the spiritual realm. The battle is not mine but God's. Have you ever read Foxe's Book of Martyrs? As someone else posted nothing really new under the sun. Things are not as they seem to be. But God knows.
What does God know?

How can you even attempt to know that?

Tell me what the creator of the UNIVERSE knows.

Baby steps. I'm new here. Tell me.

Clearwater, FL

#529305 May 4, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We're just parasites.
We're no better or worse than a deer tick. We feed off the Earth, we breed (some of you do) and we die. The Earth gets bigger and bigger. That's mostly because of it's mass but the things that were born here also contribute.
The things that are buried will continue to be buried and the things that are found will continue to age. The people that find those things will continue to get older and sooner or later, they will be found.
Not true. We are made in the image of God.

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?
Luke 12:24

I've noted over the last few years that in some places people are putting as much value or more on the earth and other living things in the earth. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529306 May 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. Are you familiar with the lesson of the widow's mite? Very good teaching from the Lord on money. God's love.
Are you familiar with pthirus pubis?

I breed them (In my lab, HL. In my lab).

Clearwater, FL

#529307 May 4, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What does God know?
How can you even attempt to know that?
Tell me what the creator of the UNIVERSE knows.
Baby steps. I'm new here. Tell me.
I got married a little over 5 years ago. My wife and I have been through much over the last year and each day we grow closer. I share with her and she with me things nobody else knows. She knows me. You are asking the wrong person these questions...

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529308 May 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. We are made in the image of God.
Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?
Luke 12:24
I've noted over the last few years that in some places people are putting as much value or more on the earth and other living things in the earth. Talk about the blind leading the blind.
Ravens are smarter than you. I'm guessing that most avian species are. Avian "flu" will most likely kill your children.

KFC?

Stop eating sentient creatures.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#529309 May 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I got married a little over 5 years ago. My wife and I have been through much over the last year and each day we grow closer. I share with her and she with me things nobody else knows. She knows me. You are asking the wrong person these questions...
Somebody else knows. She told other people and so did you unless you're not human. Are you?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#529310 May 4, 2013
Morning.....

((*_*))

“Why do we kill people who kill people
to teach them that killing people is wrong?”

~ Author Unknown

Thought for the Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min one moore defeat 46,628
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Gabriel 990,696
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 37 min Paul really is dead 400
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min immaculatejaculate 692,026
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr el rey de los cam... 8,528
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 12 hr Edthirty 7
More from around the web