“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#529157 May 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, just like science once believed before Johannes Kepler that the Earth was the center of the solar system. So, not to make your effort seem so one sided and biased (as usual), I'm showing that things do evolve in one way or another. You can't blame people for thinking the earth was flat in those days, not just religious people.
Lacez wrote, "
It's still fiction and will continue to be fiction until there is any actual proof for it."

I had to address this again because you really don't want prrof. Whatever evidence we could provide you with would not change your stance and your direction concerning morality.
Lacez wrote, "
It's amazing how much dodging and useless blabber you produce."

This says the man who has not contributed to a decent conversation with any meaningful evidence since coming in here except for bombast with meaningless criticisms.

CS.
So far, you've dodged every question, unable to answer a single one.

You continue to post to me yet you claim my posts are meaningless.
That is a direct contradiction, for there is obviously enough meaning for you to reply to my posts days later.

If you can present evidence of your god, I will be enticed to look more into it. Yet you have no inclination to provide evidence for you do not have evidence for the existence of a god, let alone yours.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#529158 May 3, 2013
Lexis123 wrote:
I was raised in a family where Jesus is the religious God, im from a catholic country as well. I still pray to him though im not a hard core believer who always go to church, read bible, quote verses in regular conversation, preach wherever i am and gets angry when i met someone who doesnt believe in Him.
I respect Muslims, Jehovas, Orthodox, Buddhists even Atheists. I dont care what kind of God we are following as long as that God is teaching right things. Work, dont violate moral laws, be a helpful citizen, be honest and so on.
Why i do sound like Atheist most of the time? Because i hate my co-jesus followers when they disrespect the non jesus followers. Because im in the point of my life where im starting to ask things and find answers. There are some unclear things in our religion's history that makes me doubt it. Missing proofs, blurry details.
Im not after 'being saved in judgement day'.. I dont like to escape from anything (even without god karma and law will still haunt me for any wrong doings lol) Its just that i just wanna be sure of what im following as i dont like being fooled.
You want to try and get rid of the hate in you ~ very negative energy indeed.....

Montreal

#529159 May 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>It is what the Bible says, not me.

You were just praying for God to murder gays on the other thread.

You are evil.
Besides, I doubt he's responding to us with a pen and paper.

Montreal

#529160 May 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>(c:

Hi (((((Adam))))))

Thank you for my hug!!
Oh look, a bigot hugging another bigot, how nice.
Ignore the fact that Adam wishes death on certain individuals like gay people, go on.
It's fine, it only professes your bigoted ideals more.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#529161 May 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OH. I see what you were referring to now. I must have not payed it any notice if I had read that.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Some time back, you said you met an "alien"...could you also expound on that statement?
I was just picking on Irrira.

Montreal

#529162 May 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>Full of hate for a particular thing, not just broadly full of hate. However, basically agreed so far.
Lacez wrote, "
To hate is to extremely dislike."

Seems true, ok.
Lacez wrote, "
You are hateful."

Against certain things yes. Against murder, rape, homosexuality, pedophilia, bestiality, adultery, theft, extortion, gang violence, scamming, drug and gun running, terrorism and nuclear weapons. Each and every human being on this planet hates something, even if it's simply oatmeal or the neighbors crosseyed cat. You seem to hate beliefs systems that involve the worship of a supreme being which you easily dismiss as myth and superstition. You hold little regard nor do you treat with respect the history, the culture and traditions of religion, their institutions. You have no respect for people's faith, how they view it, practice it and even their own interpretations of it.

I too may not agree with a lot of these interpretations and religions, but I appreciate the variety, the when and wheres and whys. I can appreciate when a catholic speaks with passion and about the history of his or her faith (accurate or not), because their culture is so rich and still even steeped in much secrecy. You wouldn't mind seeing everything else except atheism flourish and be established, and that won't happen, just as, no matter how the countries make homosexuality legal, it still won't be moral.
Lacez wrote, "
To be intolerant is to be a bigot."

Yes, we are both intolerant of many things aren't we. I would suggest you take the 2x4 plank out of your eye before you seek to find the tiny splinter in mine. Especially considering the poor moral standing you embrace so passionately and aggressively .
Lacez wrote, "
You just admitted to being a bigot when in the past you've denied it so frivolously."

I've denied you trying to label me and everyone else a bigot while you're pirched on lofty position. You will assume rightful place and position your ego beneath heel. I will not accept bigot from your wretched definitions while seeking to elevate your status while trying to p!$$ on teh traditions and faiths of others in this thread.
Lacez wrote, "
Glad to see you're finally starting to get it."

Yes, and it appears I have moved ahead of you by leaps and bounds. Now it's high time you seek to find the clue you've claimed to have lost but may never have had.

CS.
So you admit that you hate gays.
Another step forward, now that you've admitted the problem, you can work on your homophobia and learn to treat the people of this world like people.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#529163 May 3, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sir
I is most stupid and lost in the space dork,and clown,not worthy to respond to me anyway?
dumbshit

#529164 May 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me. Thank you, Jesus, for your strength and protection. Thank you God, for my Savior. Whenever that old devil comes at me with temptations, I will remind him that I can do all things who Christ who strengthens me and has saved me. Because of that, I can rebuke Satan through standing upon Scripture and leaning on you for my help. Jesus was the perfect example of this as he countered Satan's temptations with Scripture. May I open my eyes, ears, and heart to your word and your prompting. With thanks in my soul I pray, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Prime time with God
Amen :)

Montreal

#529165 May 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>So you want me murdered, too.

You are such a beautiful example of what religion does to people.

Makes me wonder about the people patting you on the back here, too.
No need to wonder, through their words, it's obvious they stand for the same immoralities that Adam does.

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#529166 May 3, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that it??
No response on the important issues that I've posted?
Ok, then.
You're dismissed.
Did you post something important?

#529167 May 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
It has been said by some, "With God all things are possible.".
If that is true then God could make the world a better place, stop famine, disease, floods, earthquakes, etc.; God could stop "Satan's corruption of our souls." and most importantly, make Itself known in no uncertain terms to everyone.
That it fails to do so is because:
A:'Bible God' does not exist.
B: All things are not possible with 'Bible God'.
C:'Bible God' is Pure Evil and not worthy of anything from us.
D:_________
Yeah ~ and a teacher change all of our answers and give us 100% in every test we take. And we would learn what?

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#529168 May 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...so I am dismissed...I'm okay with that.
I tend not to respond to important issues or even unimportant issues when someone wants to limit my response to a short answer.
Ummm ...32 words ...could you shorten that a little.
It seems a grey-boxer thinks she has something important to say.

And I must say ...your wordiness combined with Ians and CS leaves me bewildered. It's a miracle Topix has the bandwidth to keep this thread going.

A "miracle" ...did I say that?

The debil made me do it.
Yeah that's it ...the debil!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#529169 May 3, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked it up in King James, 1599 Geneva, and Hebrew. None say anything like this. The king James and the Geneva both use the word gods with a little g. The Hebrew and English Jewish family Bible says mighty ones. None say begotten. And there are more things that are incorrect. From the knowledge you have indicated that you have, it would give the impression of intentional deception or a trap to get someone into a discussion about translations. I have to admit, you have me puzzled with this one.
Children are begotten, it is implicit.

Elohim is the plural of El. El is God, Elohim is Gods.

WE are all Gods. Our Father God said so.
The deception is not mine.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#529170 May 3, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to wonder, through their words, it's obvious they stand for the same immoralities that Adam does.
It is sad that a religion claiming its roots in Jesus can spawn so many things antithetical to what their Bible claims he taught.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#529171 May 3, 2013
it's kind of late, to say that,
didn't you figure that out,
in the gospels about
JESUS died on the cross,
because he loved all of us,
if you feel, why should JESUS love
and don't believe it,
it's because down deep in your heart, you have alot of
regrets
and you don't feel even to forgive yourself,
so, in your regret, why should JESUS love me for the things i've done

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#529172 May 3, 2013
high end wrote: Oh-Oh!
So much for christians thinking that Yhwh is the only god.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Their Bible says so.
Yeah, and on that subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_S._Smith
Smith represents the new breed of biblical/archaeological scholars. He is legitimately educated, IE; His degrees were not issued by a "theology school" from a double wide with three different addresses in the past 5 year *somewhere* in Arizona.

Quoting:
"Biblical texts do attest to Yahweh and El as different gods sanctioned by early Israel. For example, Genesis 49:24-25 presents a series of El epithets separate from the mention of Yahweh in verse 18. This passage does not show the relative status of the two gods in early Israel, only that they could be named separately in the same poem More helpful is the text of the Septuagint and one of the Dead sea scrolls(4Q Deut) for Deuteronomy 32: 8-9, which cast Yahweh in the role of one of the divine sons, understood as fathered by El, called Elyon in the first line:

When the Most High Elyon alloted peoples for his inheritance,
When He divided up humanity,
He fixed the boundaries for peoples,
According to the number of the divine sons of El:
For Yahweh's portion is his people,
Jacob His own inheritance.

The traditional Hebrew text(MT) perhaps reflects a discomfort with this polytheistic theology of Israel, for it shows in the fourth line not "sons of El" but "sons of Israel". This passage, with the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scroll reading, presents a cosmic order in which each deity received its own nation.
Israel was the nation which Yahweh received, yet El was the head of this pantheon and Yahweh only one of it's members. This reading points to an old phase of Israel's religion when El held a pre-eminent position apart from the status of Yahweh.

Apparently, originally El was Israel's chief god, as suggested by the personal name Israel. Then, when the cult of Yahweh became more important in the land of early Israel, the view reflected in Deuteronomy 32:8-9 served as a mode to accommodate this religious development. El as a separate god disappeared, perhaps at different rates in different regions. This process may appear to involve Yahweh incorporating El's characteristics, for Yahweh is the eventual historical "winner". Yet in the pre-monarchic period, the process may be envisioned - at least initially - in the opposite terms: Israelite highland cult sites of El assimilated the outsider, southerner Yahweh.

In comparison, Yahweh in ancient Israel and Baal at Ugarit were both outsider warrior gods who stood second in rank to El, but they eventually overshadowed him in power. Yet Yahweh's development went further. He was identified with El: here the son replaced the father whose name only serves as a title for the son.

This paradigm of convergence of divine identities succeeded the older paradigm of divine succession in the ancient Middle East(for example, Ea's replacement by his son Marduk in Enuma Elish). Indeed the erasure of the father, with the transformation into the son, was a requisite condition for the monotheistic identity of the son." - The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's Polytheistic Background and the Ugaritic Texts by Mark S. Smith

"Biblical scholars now recognize that in the pre-exilic era Asherah worship, infant sacrifice, solar veneration, and other religious practices attacked by biblical authors represented normal Israelite worship, while monotheism was a late development in the Babylonian Exile and subsequent years." - Journal of Hebrew Scriptures, in review of Smiths work.

Polytheism persisted in Judaism until 300-200 BCE, possibly later.

As this type of legitimate evaluation and study is applied to the verifiable history surrounding religious beliefs, they will unravel even further.

(this was taken from a larger piece I keep written for these instances, forgive the "chopped up" nature)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529173 May 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You too LW!
This weekend is Cinco de Mayo,Everyone will be fiesta and eatin and dancin out here.Tomorrow bright and early pushing the fellows out the door to attend a auction.They need some space away from me ya know.lol.No tellin what they bring back here in tow.lol.Hope you get out to and do something of interest.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#529174 May 3, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm ...32 words ...could you shorten that a little.
It seems a grey-boxer thinks she has something important to say.
And I must say ...your wordiness combined with Ians and CS leaves me bewildered. It's a miracle Topix has the bandwidth to keep this thread going.
A "miracle" ...did I say that?
The debil made me do it.
Yeah that's it ...the debil!
Hey...I am much shorter than I used to be. This past week...I only posted 14 times...some were pretty short.

Two people in one day complaining about my posts...well 3 if you include shrinky dink...guess I'll cut back some more.

Since: Apr 13

Bulacan, Philippines

#529175 May 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You want to try and get rid of the hate in you ~ very negative energy indeed.....
I was raised believing in God. Now that im in the point of questioning and validating everything in my life, I still want to like and love him.. Im finding reasons.

But im discouraged by other so called followers that preaches love and purity yet all that comes from their body is hate and disrespect.

I think all Gods just want to teach love and peace (May it be Allah, Jesus, Yahweh, Buddah, etc). Thats all that matters to me.. thats why i respect all of them. So when i meet someone who disrespects and hates then i dont think his putting his God's name in vain.

With or without religion, just be a good person and you'll be okay.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#529176 May 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you challenging Lawess for "Best In Show - Insult Category?" Let's see ..
1. You (are) absolute and total irrelevant.
2. Your efforts and presence, pointless.
3. You know you're embarrassingly laughable.
4. Stop ranting and raving.
5.(You're) Running around in pointless circles like an unstable loon.
.. nope, Lawess had eight insults. Try again, OK ??..
1. He is, ask the Christians.
2. They are, ask the Christians.
3. He is, ask the Christians.
4. He has been and still doing it, ask the Christians.
5. He has been, and still doing it, ask the Christians.

Maybe [you] see them as insults because you agree with his views and want to defend him.

Ask the Christians, see what they say. Some may agree with you, I dare say though that most will see those five points, ever since he came on the billboard, as facts pertaining to that writer
[it aint necessarily so]for his views and antics. It's not nice to stare and laugh, but seeing the train wreck he is, it's hard not to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Just Think 265,175
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 775,577
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 559,627
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Classic 1,902
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min Al Capone 5,111
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 39 min Clear Dharma 35
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min Lyndi 175,682
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 441,784
More from around the web