Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#529049 May 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO RR**Yes...I do.
He never professed to be anything but...and was allied with the most powerful Christian organizations of the time. His followers were 2/3 Protestant, and 1/3 Catholic.
You can not dismiss those facts just because they are uncomfortable to your religion after the fact anymore than pope Gregory, pope Innocent, Mussolini, or any of the other popes that perpetrated atrocity and were direct murders (even of their own families.
Does that make "all" Christians bad?- NO. Does that show that they can be extremely bad judges of character and have little control of their constituents? YES!
It would be far more honorable for the religion to admit their poor judgement and errors and correct them, than to deny them(such as the catholic priest pedophile situation), as it shows a lack of character, honesty, and the total carelessness of the church organization and body....all in the light of the supposed "perfection" in the deity of their god.
Your adamant denial in this situation is nothing more than the fact that you (as a member of the body of Christ) are in total contradiction to the "TRUTH", and are dishonest in your attempt to deflect, obfuscate, and blatantly deny that "TRUTH", rather than admit it and "fix" it.
.. was the pre-WW II German population ripe for a messiah because of religion indoctrination? Probably. Were rallies staged to present Hitler as the savior? Probably. Was most of the population gullible? Probably ..

.. when Bush, Jr. lost his campaign for a congressional seat, he vowed to never again be outdone by a religious candidate. Americans were ready for a president with a pipeline to Jesus. The result ??..

.. it seems when religion enters politics, it ain't good ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#529050 May 3, 2013
hick-up wrote:
tell me why a starfish can regrow a limb, yet the Creators reigning achievement cannot.
What Creator?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I want _Alice_ to get her leg back if a loving, omnipotent god exists, or for whomever is still sane enough to do so, to admit the obvious: such a god does not exist. That probably won't include you.
hick-up wrote:
Probably??? Is that the fine print in case you're wrong?
No. It's a word in the same font and size as all of the other words that means more likely than not, but not certainly. I do not know whether to include you among those that are sane enough to admit the obvious - that no god that loves her and has the power to heal her exists - but I suspect not.

What word or phrase would you recommend instead of "probably"? Likely? Odds are?
mike

AOL

#529051 May 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
What's amazing is the fact that people like IANS along with many of the other atheists that have paraded through here over the life of this thread claim that they were once Christians but are no longer. But when it's pointed out that that's exactly the way it was with Hittler they come out of the wood work screaming "no no, Hittler was always a Christian, he was never an atheist that turned his back on God and Christianty".
It's really very funny to watch.
And as RR said. I believe it's because it's their twisted way to try and do anything they can to try to make Christianity look evil.
Hello Red Aps

What is your point of interest: "The foundation of Atheism", or "The foundation of christianity"?

If you can make christianity look bad on an entertainment site, then I must say, "It wasn't much to begin with".

Christianity is as strong as it's weakest link, therefore the strengthening of one another should be done in private before coming out in public looking like babbling Fool's.

We are all here for entertainment!...only a professing coward christian would think otherwise.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529052 May 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> An interesting point, the Bible does warn against using his Word deceitfully, but only God knows the heart and the purpose as it is not really for us to judge anothers reason for conveying scripture unless he /she is so far off course that it needs to be pointed out, also some will find it best and more honest to sometime come right out with pointing out what we may be anothers wrong approach instead of speaking in riddles or dancing around so to speak, correcting someone else.
When conveying God's Word, we should definitely do it to correct out of the spirit of love and not malice, but the Word should also be brought forth in authority and firmness to drive home the point better, there is nothing in error about that as Jesus laid it on the religious hypocrite of that day according to the Bible, and he never held back in pinning them as hypocrite, pretenders and liars as well, pointing it out to them the error and hypocrisy of their ways directly to their faces, sometime the spirit brings the Word in stern rebuke and chastisement, and truly BLESSED is the person who can receive such and take it in their hearts allowing it to clean them up and correct them on the inside without becoming offended with God over it.
Peace.
Good morning brother ~
As you read my response~ reflect on the conversation we had a few days ago. Please reflect on your replies to me also- Your replies back to me are written with love and with out insult- even though you can feel a little prickle from my posts. This is a step in His direction.
I used a direct approach to you as a sibling in service to our King-- and have moved on to scriptural proof of the subject of how we respond to non believers too.

I do tend to approach this subject with brothers in Christ who claim to use "authority and firmness to drive home their points " Several people have claimed to use this type of approach- though they may change the wording~ Some claim their approach as HIS sword of truth- Some don't mince words- they just said they were "shutting up the enemy" --- but no matter which method "THEY" used---- the truth is, it was "their way" and not God's way.
I write to you because you ARE a driven and strong representitive to what ever topic it is that you address- Can you accept that I write to you due to my love of the Cross- His purpose and glory- and because of my love for you ? Can you feel---through this time knowing me--- that I write because I love those which you address too?

As I did with Skom, Doc and a few others---I simply submit to offering you the words on my heart -as scripture advises- I have showed His own word on the topic~ regarding salvation of the lost- and our responsibility for using the word as His tools in His way---so that none can use OUR ways as their excuse to refuse God's invitation on their hearts <3
No one on this beautiful earth needs another person giving them harsh attitude my friend.

Read 'Daniel'- He was much respected even by his enemies-due to his consistant love for the Lord and the mandates of His word regarding how we are supposed to treat others. Daniel totally trusted The Lord to save him---but more importantly- He trusted that saving others was God's work- that his OWN work was in representing God.
Love in Christ~ Deb~

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#529053 May 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I say that the god doesn't exist. But if we stipulate to the contrary, then it is very much to blame, just as any of us would be blamed for such callous indifference.
hick-up wrote:
This blame seeking game is rather immature
What blame game?

Do you think that I am blaming a god that I don't believe in? Nobody is to blame that limbs don't regenerate, because there is nobody to blame. That has always been my position.

Your arguments have been a series of dodges and evasions. You just ignore my points, which in this case was that if such a god existed, it would be the one responsible for whatever happens - obviously. And your reaction was "This blame seeking game is rather immature."

What I see is you playing the "Don't blame my god for anything" game, equating an omnipotent god's part in choosing not to regrow limbs with the butterfly effect, and following that with something about killing butterflies. That's pretty absurd.

That is why I also commented, "This argument really disheartens me. Your rationalization of immorality in the defense of an undeserving god is a little off putting "

I say that faith based thought damages thought about reality and about moral issues, and this is a good example. Your church has warped your native decency, and has you defending indefensible behavior in its behalf.
mike

AOL

#529054 May 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter which scripture we quote- or try to enforce- It all comes down to our hearts motive.
Do we correct each other due to love for them and for Christ-
Do we try and tell the non believer because we feel LOVE for the person? or just because we think we are right- and don't like to be told we are not?
God knows our motives and what trips us up- He guides the willing into being His servants in His way andfor His purpose.
To do less- is in error. Which is also sin~ But that sin is counted against us----not against those we are trying to show God.
Some people may not ever feel God's invitation- but we are to treat each person as ONE He is seeking- and abide in how He asks us to present Him .
~*~
1 Peter 1:18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but he has now revealed him to you in these last days.
21 Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.
22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart.
Hello Truths

Professing christians know what to do,...they simply refuse to do because they already made the team, no need to work at it, they're "Saved".

With Established Harem

#529055 May 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You misrepresent your own intelligence Ms. happy, and you loosely mock my beliefs with this weak attempt.
Clearly you understand not of faith. You exercise faith in your everyday life without thinking of it, otherwise you would succumb to paranoia. It takes faith (and faith is never without the effort and confidence of belief), to walk across the street everyday and not get mowed down by a car, or that you won't have muscle spasms while swimming in the middle of a 20ft pool, and faith and confidence to know that your child won't make good on his or her threats and drown your treasured persian cat.
Faith, my unlearned friend, is not just the evidence of this hoped for and the substance of things unseen, it is also a belief, a belief that we are not th greatest living force in the universe, and all man's effort in learning, living and experiencing is not just an eventual waste in triviality, but a belief that something magnificent will come of the harmony of our combined knowledge and effort is not limited to our general 3 score and 10. When you truly believe, you can move mountains.
<quoted text>
Again, you simply don't understand. We being regarded by many of you as fools is just simply laughable to most of us. It takes more courage to have faith than not and to go on a journey of learning misunderstood and misrepresented by many of our physical institutions of higher learning. You clearly limit your potential and the awesomeness that is a brian. You are afraid to explore and based on what you say, even to imagine or think outside teh box they have provided you with and that you accepted all too wilingly. Recognized and established religions in many ways are not much different as they too give you a small box that not even covers the entire volume of scripture, to move, think and breathe within. There is the spiritual and teh physical, the natural and the supernatural. To deny and dismiss one half is a tragedy and in no uncertain terms, a waste.CS.
.. why in the world did you think I responded to you when Lacez's made the original post? It has nothing to do with me ..

.. that tells me you're obsessing, yearning for the HL experience like everyone else. Or, do you just want to have sex with me ??..

With Established Harem

#529056 May 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many types of respect and trust.
I consider them necessarily conditional. Making the conditions fair is a matter of understanding.
Trust can be earned, but withheld, and sometimes that's prudent, if the risk is too great, and the reward too little.
Trust can be given without being earned, and sometimes that can inspire a person to become trustworthy.
Respect is more complex. You can respect a person as a parent, while not respecting them at all as a politician. You can respect their behavior but not their ideas. You can respect their ideas but not their behavior. Your level of respect can change depending on context. By considering the environment where an idea or person comes from, you can account for reasonable expectations. What might not be ultimately respectable, may be more respectable from a different perspective.
Alice tells me that the Lays potato chip nipple pasties didn't work out so well. She wants to try Oreos next.
.. such a quick mind for such a young man. Kudos. Tell Alice I'm searching on the internet for Oreo pasties ..

With Established Harem

#529057 May 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the chasing, you are correct, I am usually the chasee and not the chaser.
.. you are the hunted becoming the hunter ..

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529058 May 3, 2013
In the same way as WE believe that Jesus died in order to bring others into salvation- because God's own word tells us so-

We submit to know that Jesus did what He did even though others were mean and rude to Him. People ridiculed Him during His service ON the planet- they accused Him of glorifying Himself above God as they did not believe He was FROM God-- they saw Him as a human being promoting self.

This happens in this forum- when Christians stand up for the Lord- Other Christians even attack and claim the same is true for defenders of His ways.

But YOU know what? THAT does not matter- what individuals are accused of has NO weight when compared to the promises He has spoken toward those who do His will - For His purpose and His glory- we address things which make our flesh side uncomfortable- so that He will GAIN those whom He seeks-through His use of the willing. For the benefit and profit of His kingdom- and the salvation of one more lost person.

Jesus did NOT respond with hate or nasty attitude---

BECAUSE HE KNEW that we do NOT fight against human beings--- we fight against THE enemy who seeks to devour the unsaved people.

In offering sarcasm or innuendo and anger to the non believer....are we NOT then just inflaming them?(in two ways )

Are we not feeding the devil and giving him ammo? We are growing the hate in a body already taken over by the enemy.

WE say we KNOW the Bible- yet too often forget these things !
mike

AOL

#529059 May 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
***Epi squeezes Mike's facial cheeks***
:-)
Thanks for the reply

With Established Harem

#529060 May 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that.
I think it's all about people. If a person is a good person, it doesn't matter if he or she is a believer or not. Sure, there is a religious divide. But we should look at people as individuals, and not judge them by their "group". I am a nonbeliever. For example, I don't see eye to eye at all with lil whispers. But it's clear that lil whispers is among the good.
.. you try to unite. It's clear you are also among the good ..

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#529061 May 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Truths
Professing christians know what to do,...they simply refuse to do because they already made the team, no need to work at it, they're "Saved".
(((((Mike))))))) Good morning (c:

In accepting Christ- we accept that it is a growth process- Helping others to come to know God- becomes more important than our own salvation . Helping each other for the sake of The cross and eachother is more important.

We are human- so we still take tumbles and stumble at times-
But our Hope is in The Lord- and He does not let us stay down and out. Once we KNOW He is The truth- the world changes for the better- and we want to be a part of bringing others in <3

With Established Harem

#529062 May 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we are defending His work.
Radio address, 30 January 1945; from Thomas Streissguth (2002). World War II. New York: Greenhaven Press, p. 118.
Only He can relieve me of this duty Who called me to it. It was in the hand of Providence to snuff me out by the bomb that exploded only one and a half meters from me on July 20, and thus to terminate my life's work. That the Almighty protected me on that day I consider a renewed affirmation of the task entrusted to me. In the years to come I shall continue on this road, uncompromisingly safeguarding my people's interests, oblivious to all misery and danger, and filled with the holy conviction that God the Almighty will not abandon him who, during all his life, had no desire but to save his people from a fate it had never deserved, neither by virtue of its number nor by way of its importance.
Radio address, 30 January 1945; from Franklin Watts, ed.(1945). Voices of History. New York: Franklin Watts, Inc., p. 49.
April 30, 1945 — Hitler commits suicide
That doesn't sound like the voice of an atheist who just escaped a murder attempt to me.
How about you?
If I were an atheist, I would have never made that speech, having been in that position.
.. towards the end, Hitler's Gods were drugs. He probably considered himself the Messiah and died a martyr's death. Either that or he feared humiliation and torture under Stalin's hand and was a coward ..
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#529063 May 3, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, ok then.
So you agree?
good.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#529064 May 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I obey the Lord Jesus Christ, while you "obey and worship" someone who's Word you do not believe in, if you don't believe in the things written about the Lord Jesus, then what do you base your "belief" about him off of?
A historical figure.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#529065 May 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't. The inquisition is a sad part of our history. It was run by lunatics.
And your loving god couldn't put a quick end to this?
So sad.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#529066 May 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
...Jesus died in order to bring others into salvation- because God's own word tells us so-....
When, Where did God say this ?
mike

AOL

#529067 May 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((Mike))))))) Good morning (c:
In accepting Christ- we accept that it is a growth process- Helping others to come to know God- becomes more important than our own salvation . Helping each other for the sake of The cross and eachother is more important.
We are human- so we still take tumbles and stumble at times-
But our Hope is in The Lord- and He does not let us stay down and out. Once we KNOW He is The truth- the world changes for the better- and we want to be a part of bringing others in <3
Thanks

"Come to know a GOD"?...how is that done,..with words?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#529068 May 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Hitler was a genius at pandering to the masses.
You mean that Hitler was a pimp?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min Biff 52,763
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 22 min Peter Ross 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Michael 693,442
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 37 min aintnogods 42
shuh up meathead! 1 hr aintnogods 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr aintnogods 992,275
____ TRUMP 100% in the spirit of ANTICHRIST ____ (Mar '16) 8 hr Poster Child for ... 22
More from around the web