Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528998 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You show us tremendous mood swings here. One day you are amiable and relatively constant, the next, emotionally labile and abusive. And the latter seem to last for hours, not days or weeks.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here when I attribute that to alcohol rather than your endogenous neurochemistry.
Assumptions? Unsupported assumptions with attendant certitude are the sine qua non of religious faith. My assumptions are evidence based and amenable to change pending new evidence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your assumptions are "evidence based"?! What evidence do you have that I drink beer (or any alcohol) during the day?(I gotta see this one.....)
That wasn't an assumption. It was a speculation. I didn't say that I knew that you were drunk, only that you behaved like you were. I acknowledged that it could be endogenous cycling, but gave you the benefit of the doubt that you might only be drunk.

And I didn't comment on times. I don't know what times of days you post. If your erratic posting was in the daytime, that would be evidence that you may be drunk in the daytime.

It seems a little odd that you named a specific intoxicant when I didn't. You seem to have a mental image of the activity that I didn't suggest.

Now that you mention it, where's your evidence that you don't get drunk in the daytime and the nighttime, too?

Fennario

#528999 May 3, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than some brain damage or malfunction that I could very well experience as I get older, I will not be likely to move to where you suggest I should be in my thinking until actual proved evidence of God and the biblical accounts have been fully established.
It could happen. Does dementia run in your family?

Famous atheist philosopher Antony Flew surprised the world when, three years before he died of advanced Alzheimer's disease, a book attributed to him and a Christian apologist co-author called There Is A God: How The World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind (2007) was published, in which he embraced deism.
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/10-04-21/

Since: Apr 13

Meycauayan, Philippines

#529000 May 3, 2013
I was raised in a family where Jesus is the religious God, im from a catholic country as well. I still pray to him though im not a hard core believer who always go to church, read bible, quote verses in regular conversation, preach wherever i am and gets angry when i met someone who doesnt believe in Him.

I respect Muslims, Jehovas, Orthodox, Buddhists even Atheists. I dont care what kind of God we are following as long as that God is teaching right things. Work, dont violate moral laws, be a helpful citizen, be honest and so on.

Why i do sound like Atheist most of the time? Because i hate my co-jesus followers when they disrespect the non jesus followers. Because im in the point of my life where im starting to ask things and find answers. There are some unclear things in our religion's history that makes me doubt it. Missing proofs, blurry details.

Im not after 'being saved in judgement day'.. I dont like to escape from anything (even without god karma and law will still haunt me for any wrong doings lol) Its just that i just wanna be sure of what im following as i dont like being fooled.

Fennario

#529001 May 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
1. Science has not been able to turn non life into life-Fact.
So what? Has Christianity done that? Or shown that it is impossible?

Besides, demonstrating how abiogenesis occurred is not essential to demonstrating that evolution subsequently also occurred.
trifecta1 wrote:
2. There are no documented cases of one species changing into another species. Fact.
That's not a regular fact. It's a Christina fact. It happens to be untrue. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciatio... [beginning in section 5.0]
trifecta1 wrote:
3. Science has no plausible explanation for how this universe came about-Fact.
Yes it does. I believe that you even posted a link yourself to one. Scaritual mocked you for it.

Were you aware that the scientific community doesn't take advice on scientific matters from zealous Christians? You've pretty well blown your cover in that area: you have a religious agenda. The Discovery Institute put it on paper - the infamous Wedge Strategy - but couldn't prevent it from leaking out.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#529002 May 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done. I'll alert the media.
Thank you ...
Afterwards you may go, that will be all for today.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#529003 May 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean?
http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/policy/1945/450130...

Therefore I now appeal to the entire German people and, above all, to my old fellow-fighters and to all the soldiers to gird themselves with a yet greater, harder spirit of resistance, until we can again-as we did before-put on the graves of the dead of this enormous struggle a wreath inscribed with the words: "And yet you were victorious."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529004 May 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps I overstated things a bit, but you are right, if God be for us then who can stand against us, those who are in the adversaries snare are fighting a losing battle as well as wasting their time.
I am still up this morning turned on the news just seems is problems all over this ole world this day.Out here people are getting ready for celebrations of Cinco de Mayo day this coming
weekend.So you can bet lol all the natives will be whoopin it up
in my cornor of this world.God bless.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#529005 May 3, 2013
Morning......

“I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite,
which I would like.”

~ Coco Chanel

Thought for the Day

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#529006 May 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still up this morning turned on the news just seems is problems all over this ole world this day.Out here people are getting ready for celebrations of Cinco de Mayo day this coming
weekend.So you can bet lol all the natives will be whoopin it up
in my cornor of this world.God bless.
Mam you are here and still awake. I left you a message on the other thread. Been laid up at the physiotherapists yesterday for 12 hours, trying to get my back and hip right. Pain like you cannot believe.
I am going to try and email you this afternoon, but have yesterdays work to catch up first.
Love to you and Honey
love
Cherianne
xxxx

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529007 May 3, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I can do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me. Thank you, Jesus, for your strength and protection. Thank you God, for my Savior. Whenever that old devil comes at me with temptations, I will remind him that I can do all things who Christ who strengthens me and has saved me. Because of that, I can rebuke Satan through standing upon Scripture and leaning on you for my help. Jesus was the perfect example of this as he countered Satan's temptations with Scripture. May I open my eyes, ears, and heart to your word and your prompting. With thanks in my soul I pray, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529008 May 3, 2013
Verse for today....

~Being kind to the poor is like lending to the Lord; he will reward you for what you have done.~

Proverbs 19:17

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529009 May 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking more of "Monty Python`s Life of Brian".
My name is Juian, pleased to meet you.
Nice to meet you Julian....I like your name....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529010 May 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Epi
Can you give a demonstraion of prayer with an answer?
***Epi squeezes Mike's facial cheeks***

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529011 May 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. morning Epi ..
.. just wanted you to know, it wasn't me. I agree with Jimi Hendrix - it's only love baby, it's only love ..
.. ignore the icons, they mean nothing. Your beam of light shines through the darkness ..
Awww.....Here is a H_U_G for you HL....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529012 May 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
What's amazing is the fact that people like IANS along with many of the other atheists that have paraded through here over the life of this thread claim that they were once Christians but are no longer. But when it's pointed out that that's exactly the way it was with Hittler they come out of the wood work screaming "no no, Hittler was always a Christian, he was never an atheist that turned his back on God and Christianty".
It's really very funny to watch.
And as RR said. I believe it's because it's their twisted way to try and do anything they can to try to make Christianity look evil.
Good to see you RA....I'm glad you have stopped in.....I believe when you left.. this new group from "There is no God" have pretty much put down roots....So everyday there is argueing and negativity all around....

Hope your PT has been helping you....God Bless

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529013 May 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter which scripture we quote- or try to enforce- It all comes down to our hearts motive.
Do we correct each other due to love for them and for Christ-
Do we try and tell the non believer because we feel LOVE for the person? or just because we think we are right- and don't like to be told we are not?
God knows our motives and what trips us up- He guides the willing into being His servants in His way andfor His purpose.
To do less- is in error. Which is also sin~ But that sin is counted against us----not against those we are trying to show God.
Some people may not ever feel God's invitation- but we are to treat each person as ONE He is seeking- and abide in how He asks us to present Him .
~*~
1 Peter 1:18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but he has now revealed him to you in these last days.
21 Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.
22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart.
True....We should examine our HEART first...Before responding....

Fennario

#529014 May 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The impossibility of proving you have hands is the point. I'm sure you have hands, IANS. But I know you can't prove it.
Yes I can, just not in the way that you are demanding - on a message board. That is an artificial and imposed limitation.

You and everybody else past and present that claim that a god exists are/were free to prove it by any method at all under any circumstances at all. But you can't.

The two are not analogous.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
'moving a mountain with a mustard seed of faith' isn't literal.
I say that it is. Nothing can be assumed to be a metaphor that could be literally true. I think it's you that likes to use the example of being hungry enough to eat a horse as an example of something that is an obvious figure of speech. And it is, because nobody can get that hungry.

It wouldn't be a metaphor if it were something that were possible, such as being hungry enough to eat a steak, and you would have no right to say that it was if you had made the statement, but filled up after just half a steak. It would simply be a false claim.

Can your god move mountains or not?

In fact, the only evidence that you have that the comment was not meant literally is that it never happened. Had it happened, you would be offering that as evidence that your god exists, not complaining that it was only a metaphor and shouldn't have actually happened.

And the fact that it hasn't is not evidence that it is a metaphor, but evidence that your god doesn't exist.

As I have said before, you have no authority to impose one of multiple interpretations on any scripture because it is convenient for you. You need to prove that you are right using the bible itself, or else it is just apologetics. And the proof can only come in the form of a clear and unambiguous scripture supporting your position that isn't contradicted elsewhere.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529015 May 3, 2013
"Put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt"....Ephesians 4:22

Gods Word is the compass that keeps us on course....

Father, thank you for the boundaries of life that protects us from sin and from ourselves. Give us the wisdom and grace to respond gracefully to your Word in the areas of danger and temptation.

Our daily Bread

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#529016 May 3, 2013
Have a GOoD day today....

L_A_T_E_R

Fennario

#529017 May 3, 2013
Lacez wrote:
Do you see how much hypocrisy there is from Lawless?
G_O_D wrote:
He is not at fault, nor are the others. They have been trained poorly.
Certainly the church is to blame, but in my opinion, so is the individual that accedes to that training.

As the Christians are quick to point out, we are not robots. We are free to choose, and we should be held accountable for our choices. As it is with the matter of respect, I don't see why I would give them more than they offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min 07 Mustang 7,161
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Aura Mytha 123,327
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,526
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Huh 982,215
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 5 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 5 hr hacksaw 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Born Again Holy C... 681,739
More from around the web