Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528987 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Do you have to understand ?
No, but I want to, and try to.
G_O_D wrote:
Do you have any hobbies, IANS ?
Yes. Right now, I am an active bridge enthusiast. Why do you ask?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#528988 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is what meade him just like most Christians.
It may have "Meade" him like other Christians, but it didn't MAKE or MADE him like other Christians, lol.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Fennario

#528989 May 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
The motivation to be a Christian, may be fear.
Of course it is.
trifecta1 wrote:
you're forever damned to spiritual fiery hell
And there you have it, the Scary Chicken On The Stick With Jingly Bells! Oogah boogah!

Fennario

#528990 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Show me your god by any method at the time and place of your choosing.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Not on the Internet. But I could do it by showing Him to you if we were in the same room.
I shudder to think what you want to show me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528991 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
As he will tell you, LAWEST is spirit led. He has the mind of his god controlling him, which gives him the power of discernment. He knows that this is true - that his god is speaking through him - because he feels good about every law that the spirit tell him is still "in," but only those.
Which just happen to be the Laws he(they) finds easy to obey.

Same old story, same old song and dance, my friend.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528992 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes. Right now, I am an active bridge enthusiast. Why do you ask?
Never got into cards myself. I don't understand it but if it brings you pleasure and cause no harm, I applaud you.

Fennario

#528993 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I like books. I collect them for various reasons.
It is like having a shelf of worlds to explore. Maybe like knowing I have a few hundred channels on cable. I may live to read them all, I may not. To me it doesn't matter.
I know how you feel.

I had an incredible personal reference library until we expatriated. I accumulated it in the eighties. It was mostly philosophy, mathematics, the sciences, the humanities, art and gardening - almost no fiction.

It also included a lot of cassettes and VHS tapes - stuff like the lectures of Joseph Campbell, Noam Chomsky, Terence McKenna, and Alan Watts.

I left it all behind - gave it to a young couple with kids. It became superfluous with the advent of the Internet. I think that they didn't want their kids on the Internet.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528994 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Books to me are people in print. My library is like a city of people. Some I will meet and like, some I will dislike, some i will fall in love with and many more that I will never get the chance to know.

That these people span the centuries I find very interesting and awesome.

Does that make some kind of sense ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528995 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
<quoted text>
And there you have it, the Scary Chicken On The Stick With Jingly Bells! Oogah boogah!
Some say displeasing the FSM will result in an eternity of swimming in Ragu.

Ramen!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528996 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I know how you feel.
I had an incredible personal reference library until we expatriated. I accumulated it in the eighties. It was mostly philosophy, mathematics, the sciences, the humanities, art and gardening - almost no fiction.
It also included a lot of cassettes and VHS tapes - stuff like the lectures of Joseph Campbell, Noam Chomsky, Terence McKenna, and Alan Watts.
I left it all behind - gave it to a young couple with kids. It became superfluous with the advent of the Internet. I think that they didn't want their kids on the Internet.
Joseph Campbell is as close to my way of thinking as anyone ever has.

I watched his lectures and just thought, "Yep, Yep, Yep."
That doesn't mean that it is correct, we could just have similar mental disorders. <smile>

Fennario

#528997 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Bible was not written as a work of science nor was its purpose to describe the workings of the physical world.
I disagree.

It contains the "science" of its day. I tried to do for ancient man what science tries to do today: explain the natural world. It tried to account for the origins of earth and the heavenly bodies, the existence of separate land masses and oceans, the diversity of life, and the origins of man. It attempted to explain natural disasters like plagues and droughts, the origin of the races and languages, labor pains, and the rain. The flood myth was likely an attempt to account for seashells on mountaintops.

It's just all wrong. We have a better form of science now with real knowledge.

Fennario

#528998 May 2, 2013
You show us tremendous mood swings here. One day you are amiable and relatively constant, the next, emotionally labile and abusive. And the latter seem to last for hours, not days or weeks.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here when I attribute that to alcohol rather than your endogenous neurochemistry.
Assumptions? Unsupported assumptions with attendant certitude are the sine qua non of religious faith. My assumptions are evidence based and amenable to change pending new evidence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your assumptions are "evidence based"?! What evidence do you have that I drink beer (or any alcohol) during the day?(I gotta see this one.....)
That wasn't an assumption. It was a speculation. I didn't say that I knew that you were drunk, only that you behaved like you were. I acknowledged that it could be endogenous cycling, but gave you the benefit of the doubt that you might only be drunk.

And I didn't comment on times. I don't know what times of days you post. If your erratic posting was in the daytime, that would be evidence that you may be drunk in the daytime.

It seems a little odd that you named a specific intoxicant when I didn't. You seem to have a mental image of the activity that I didn't suggest.

Now that you mention it, where's your evidence that you don't get drunk in the daytime and the nighttime, too?

Fennario

#528999 May 3, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than some brain damage or malfunction that I could very well experience as I get older, I will not be likely to move to where you suggest I should be in my thinking until actual proved evidence of God and the biblical accounts have been fully established.
It could happen. Does dementia run in your family?

Famous atheist philosopher Antony Flew surprised the world when, three years before he died of advanced Alzheimer's disease, a book attributed to him and a Christian apologist co-author called There Is A God: How The World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind (2007) was published, in which he embraced deism.
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/10-04-21/

Since: Apr 13

Meycauayan, Philippines

#529000 May 3, 2013
I was raised in a family where Jesus is the religious God, im from a catholic country as well. I still pray to him though im not a hard core believer who always go to church, read bible, quote verses in regular conversation, preach wherever i am and gets angry when i met someone who doesnt believe in Him.

I respect Muslims, Jehovas, Orthodox, Buddhists even Atheists. I dont care what kind of God we are following as long as that God is teaching right things. Work, dont violate moral laws, be a helpful citizen, be honest and so on.

Why i do sound like Atheist most of the time? Because i hate my co-jesus followers when they disrespect the non jesus followers. Because im in the point of my life where im starting to ask things and find answers. There are some unclear things in our religion's history that makes me doubt it. Missing proofs, blurry details.

Im not after 'being saved in judgement day'.. I dont like to escape from anything (even without god karma and law will still haunt me for any wrong doings lol) Its just that i just wanna be sure of what im following as i dont like being fooled.

Fennario

#529001 May 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
1. Science has not been able to turn non life into life-Fact.
So what? Has Christianity done that? Or shown that it is impossible?

Besides, demonstrating how abiogenesis occurred is not essential to demonstrating that evolution subsequently also occurred.
trifecta1 wrote:
2. There are no documented cases of one species changing into another species. Fact.
That's not a regular fact. It's a Christina fact. It happens to be untrue. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciatio... [beginning in section 5.0]
trifecta1 wrote:
3. Science has no plausible explanation for how this universe came about-Fact.
Yes it does. I believe that you even posted a link yourself to one. Scaritual mocked you for it.

Were you aware that the scientific community doesn't take advice on scientific matters from zealous Christians? You've pretty well blown your cover in that area: you have a religious agenda. The Discovery Institute put it on paper - the infamous Wedge Strategy - but couldn't prevent it from leaking out.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#529002 May 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Well done. I'll alert the media.
Thank you ...
Afterwards you may go, that will be all for today.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#529003 May 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean?
http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/policy/1945/450130...

Therefore I now appeal to the entire German people and, above all, to my old fellow-fighters and to all the soldiers to gird themselves with a yet greater, harder spirit of resistance, until we can again-as we did before-put on the graves of the dead of this enormous struggle a wreath inscribed with the words: "And yet you were victorious."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#529004 May 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps I overstated things a bit, but you are right, if God be for us then who can stand against us, those who are in the adversaries snare are fighting a losing battle as well as wasting their time.
I am still up this morning turned on the news just seems is problems all over this ole world this day.Out here people are getting ready for celebrations of Cinco de Mayo day this coming
weekend.So you can bet lol all the natives will be whoopin it up
in my cornor of this world.God bless.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#529005 May 3, 2013
Morning......

“I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite,
which I would like.”

~ Coco Chanel

Thought for the Day

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#529006 May 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still up this morning turned on the news just seems is problems all over this ole world this day.Out here people are getting ready for celebrations of Cinco de Mayo day this coming
weekend.So you can bet lol all the natives will be whoopin it up
in my cornor of this world.God bless.
Mam you are here and still awake. I left you a message on the other thread. Been laid up at the physiotherapists yesterday for 12 hours, trying to get my back and hip right. Pain like you cannot believe.
I am going to try and email you this afternoon, but have yesterdays work to catch up first.
Love to you and Honey
love
Cherianne
xxxx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min DR X 52,522
Hi!!!! My name is Buhwheet!!! 1 hr Eddie 1
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 1 hr Doctor REALITY 17
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 1 hr Doctor REALITY 34
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Phooey 693,388
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr ffj 992,239
More from around the web