Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#528733 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh... I can make sons, too. Watch:
See, the only reason you say that is because you hate that one of the most evil men in history wasn't part of my religion and didn't preformed his deeds in the name of it.
No matter how much you don't want it to be true, Hitler was not a Christian and didn't kill in the name of my god.
Oh BS!

Through subterfuge and concealment, many of today's Church leaders and faithful Christians have camouflaged the Christianity of Adolf Hitler and have attempted to mark him an atheist, a pagan cult worshipper, or a false Christian. However, from the earliest formation of the Nazi party and throughout the period of conquest and growth, Hitler expressed his Christian support to the German citizenry and soldiers. In the 1920s, Hitler's German Workers' Party (pre Nazi term) adopted a "Programme" with twenty-five points (the Nazi version of a constitution). In point twenty-four, their intent clearly demonstrates, from the very beginning, their stand in favor of a "positive" Christianity:

24. We demand liberty for all religious denominations in the State, so far as they are not a danger to it and do not militate against the morality and moral sense of the German race. The Party, as such, stands for positive Christianity, but does not bind itself in the matter of creed to any particular confession. It combats the Jewish-materialist spirit within and without us, and is convinced that our nation can achieve permanent health from within only on the principle: the common interest before self-interest.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#528735 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Mountains move all the time. No cadaver has ever been revived.
Because you say so?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#528736 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree, not if you are using the usual and commonest meaning of religion. It's a metaphysical, epistemological and ethical system that competes with religions like Christianity and Islam, but lacks the sine qua non of religion in the main sense of the word: supernaturalism.
Look at much more it is missing: There is no god or any other figure of worship, no laws or commandments, no legends, no concept of an afterlife or judgment, no sacrifices or other rituals, no priesthood or other authority figures, no hierarchy, and no identifying clothing or symbols.
The Christians benefit from calling what we do by the same names that apply to them, especially "faith" and "religion." They want equality with humanistic epistemology (rational skepticism and empiricism) and metaphysics (scientific naturalism), especially in the American schools , where they would like to equate creationism with science, and in the government, where they would like atheism, humanism, and evolutionary treated as religions.
What do you think?
Yes, I think you have correctly corrected me on that point. I guess I was trying, too hard, to show some agreement to the other poster, by accepting the Secular Humanist as a possible belief, whereas they had included it and atheist together as beliefs, which atheism is definitely not. Your explanation is correct.

'Secular Humanists' though might, for some, conjure up a group of people who actually follow a certain philosophy, while the word 'atheis't gives us no indication of what an atheist follows. It simply tells us the person "is not" a theist.

Location hidden

#528737 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Good question.
Christianity teaches the opposite of humanism. It teaches that man has nothing to offer, that he is badly infected by sin, that he is only a destructive presence continually degrading life and the world, and that there is no hope for the world except from above. It teaches the Christian to eschew the flesh and the world rather than embrace it.
Yes, I agree. I think you and I have experienced often on Topix people stating something to the effect that one must either be of God or of the world, but one can't be both. From that I would generalize that someone who is only of God and not with the world is not subject to any of the millions of things that the world expects of us, and many of which if we do not follow, if caught, we will do prison time for.

To me one cannot not be of the world and still be alive living in the world.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528738 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So you can't prove you have hands.
Got it.
Nope. You refuse to come see the evidence.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#528739 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
There's never been a better time to be alive. I live better than any king, pharaoh or emperor in history - longer, healthier, and with more options. With my limited savings, I can buy things of far greater value that they could with their immense treasure - cars, computers, air conditioners, etc..
I can buy foods from all over the world, and they are abundant and inexpensive. I can visit the world, or watch it on my TV. I can post to you and any other number of people all over the world. I can also talk to people in remote regions, and see them. There is almost no chance of an invading army killing me, nor drought, nor tuberculosis.
I guess that you didn't notice any of that.
You Christians are real downers - professional pessimists. You are misanthropists and nihilists. Man and the world are all so failed and corrupted to you. Your philosophy promotes a sense of hopelessness, despair, dependency and spiritual ennui.
And from the posts of yours that I have read you sound like a dangerous hating weird creep. Get help before it’s too late. I’m serious about that.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528740 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you say so?
Because there is no evidence of a cadaver returning to life nor evidence that it ever could ever happen.

Mountains move, I have even seen that with my own eyes.

Since: Apr 13

Meycauayan, Philippines

#528741 May 2, 2013
I thought Jesus isnt picky. He have this unconditional love for everybody and very very forgiving as well.

Location hidden

#528742 May 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's the beast called the internet, you can't do anything about that.
Is a reason they say for manners sake never discuss politics or religion in polite company. Is for a good reason, because religion and politics are probably the most controversial subjects in the history of mankind. So it is what it is.
Yes, that is a fact, but there is a hugely wide spread in how both believers and non-believers present themselves on the internet. Some on both sides of that are always polite, mannerly, and treat the other posters as fellow human beings, whereas others are argumentative, insulting, and critical, and often abusive, all of the time.

The first group seem to generally get along with others regardless of differing opinions, while the second group seldom get along with those who oppose their opinions, and often not with those who agree with their opinions.

I guess it kind of boils down to what each poster is hoping to gain from posting. Do they want to be respected because they show respect, or do they want to not be respected because they do not show respect? We are humans after all who experience real human feelings.

I strongly think that most people (with some exceptions who come to many threads deliberately to stir things up, and I would never suggest that you are one of those), regardless of what they think and feel, really are seeking to be accepted by the other participants as someone worthy of being posted to. I think we all feel that if people rejects us a people, then they are certainly not going to accept what we say, regardless of what that is.

I may totally disagree with every opinion that someone has posted, but like the poster very much, and that has happened in many cases for me.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#528743 May 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Rational skeptics find those explanations worthless in any application concerning reality.
You almost make it sound as if a Believer cannot be rational. However, since you decided to explain it, then tell me why would a skeptic (rational or not) want to come in here and tell a believer, especially without his or her version of reseach, that their beliefs are myths and superstitions? Can it be proven? You really don't need to answer that because your answer most assuredly cannot be 'yes'.
scaritual wrote:
Skeptics understand your explanations, and your explanations would be comprised of religious mythology, superstitious belief and supernatural mumbo jumbo.
I suppose then since the dawning of man he's been conjuring up superstitious beliefs and myths in his little pea brain, because he is physical and should know nothing of, nor should he believe in the Spirit. Right? The Indians and several ancient peoples across the globe throughout the ages are crazy and their rituals meaningless and foolish? No wonder believers think skeptics are too one dimensional, boring and self-glorifying. The mortal man on top of the entire universe as king and his own god. Now that's mumbo jumbo.
scaritual wrote:
Volcano worshipers would likely understand anything you could relate, and agree wholeheartedly, even though they would think you were misguided in worshiping the wrong deity, and pity you, and pray that you would eventually worship the "correct deity", their deity.
You make a very small point and the effort is commendable, however the living being that I worship is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, He is master of life and death and without His will nothing exists. Anything or anyone cut off from His benevolence and mercy will eventually die and die forever, for outside of it there is only death and an ugly nothingness, a cold and unsoothing abyss. He is the beginning and the end and all those who is willing to enter into the rest and deathless Kingdom of His Majesty must submit to Him. These days, men and women don't even like submitting to each other for any reason, let alone to submit to a being they can't see and usually won't hear. A volcano is one of many and is not everywhere at once. While the volcano (like Pele) may be a god to some, there are several other gods to choose from. The Most High One is higher and more powerful than any other god. Gods are made by and imagined by man, YHWH is before man and will be after him.

COUNTER_STRIKE: The Kingdom of the Most High One will be like that of Golden Crystal, beautiful and magnificent for all to see....but not for all to enter.[Quo Vadis]
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#528744 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You agree that the world is getting worse, but still say that your god is good? What would the world be like it were bad or incompetent?
Carlin also sees the world pessimistically, but he understands that that makes your good crappy, not good :
"I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up. Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago."
Weird that you would think that getting rid of God would be a cure for this world. As much as you try you are not up to taking over for God.

If you have so much materially, that by the way has not made you happy, then quit griping and go out and help people.

Get help person so full of hate. That would be you.

Go play your little game with someone who is more gullible. I’m not interested.

Location hidden

#528745 May 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
too bad imo. You will get your evidence of God, I have no doubt about that. But it may not help you, because by then it would have been too late.<quoted text>Ya never know. I wish you the best though.
trifecta1, I am wondering whether you have seen something that several here have attempted to state. When you make that first statement you are making several logical errors, the most important of which is "begging the question" which is classified in logic as a logical error.

At the risk of telling you something you already know, which I have told on topix many times, as have many others,'begging the question' is not logically correct, because it makes the assumption that what one is attempting to show by their "givens" which would lead to their "proof" has already occurred before they showed that it was true.

Your stating that I will find out at some point what I don't believe now, is assuming that what I will find out is a given, which is not true, but which you are attempting to establish is true, by whatever you provide here as evidence of it being true.

Yes, if you are correct in what you believe, then supposedly I will find out at some point, however if you are not correct, then I won't find out that you ARE correct because it simply would not be correct.

Yes, I see that you did put "too bad imo" at the beginning of that post, but the rest was a logical error.

You could be right, but assuming that, without establishing it, which no human being has yet done, and came back to tell us about it, is still "begging the question".

Location hidden

#528746 May 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
To his rescue?
Well, if he does understand most things it seems he's a lot off his game lately. It is not about disagreements, it is about showing you have at least a half decent grasp of whatever issue/s you're an opponent or proponent of. It only seems to me that he shows himself the little disgruntled malcontent when he can't have his own way, or at least that's how he chooses to portray himself for whatever reason. Maybe as originally thought, just to waste everyone's time in a thread that is clearly not suited to his beliefs, or lack thereof.
CS.
Assuming we can really know what is motivating another person, which I will admit I am guilty of assuming at times too.

I will agree that I do see IANS perhaps trying too hard to prove what he has already proved.

Location hidden

#528747 May 2, 2013
XpressPage wrote:
When humans realize that we are all the same, just look different. Then you all will realize how to love and respect one another. So again, GOD was not meant to bring harm and separation to us, GOD is make us love. And when humans fight, argue and hurt one another about GOD, remember it is a thought and a belief. GOD is what you think and believe it to be. So how can one human hate another humans thoughts?
Mean people ruin the Earth
I think you are generally correct, at least in your conclusion.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#528748 May 2, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
And from the posts of yours that I have read you sound like a dangerous hating weird creep. Get help before it’s too late. I’m serious about that.
I understand why IANS and his posts might sound that way to you HFN. On the other hand...there are posters here that sound that exact same way to me.

When there has been a poster that advocates death to any group of people and then you read others that pat him on the back and make him sound as if he is a "brother"...I get that same "dangerous hating weird creep" feeling myself.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#528749 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Assuming that your answer is no, let's look at the double standard you are applying, and the pass you are willing to give the god however immoral its behavior.
Let's assume that I had the power to restore missing limbs at no more cost to me than to will it. Should I do it, or refuse?
How about you? What if you had the power to restore all of those amputated limbs in Boston by folding your arms in front of you and wiggling your nose. What would you do? Give them their limbs, or refuse them? And if you refused, what are we to think of you?
We all have the same answers to all of those questions. If you don't, you're not a good person. So why is the god excused from that standard?
I don't have the answers, all I have are questions. Neither do I have the ability to regrow limbs. It is what it is. I do however choices. I can look for the beauty in the day or I can seek out the ugly. The truth is; they both find me even when I'm not looking.
<quoted text>
And look at how you trivialize the matter of the god either not existing or being criminally indifferent. Why should the god restore legs or snot, huh?
Snot exists ...what are you talking about? While you're at it you tell me why a starfish can regrow a limb, yet the Creators reigning achievement cannot.
<quoted text>
My answer? How could it be without something or somebody to impose fairness on it.
What answer would a Christian give?
Depends on which Christian were asked!
<quoted text>
I want _Alice_ to get her leg back
Perhaps you could ask a starfish.
if a loving, omnipotent god exists, or for whomever is still sane enough to do so, to admit the obvious: such a god does not exist. That probably won't include you.
Probably??? Is that the fine print in case you're wrong?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#528750 May 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Lacez wrote:
So just walk blindly into everything.
You have a weird idea of living.
See, you could have faith that you have wings and can fly; in reality, you can't.
You misrepresent your own intelligence Ms. happy, and you loosely mock my beliefs with this weak attempt.

Clearly you understand not of faith. You exercise faith in your everyday life without thinking of it, otherwise you would succumb to paranoia. It takes faith (and faith is never without the effort and confidence of belief), to walk across the street everyday and not get mowed down by a car, or that you won't have muscle spasms while swimming in the middle of a 20ft pool, and faith and confidence to know that your child won't make good on his or her threats and drown your treasured persian cat.

Faith, my unlearned friend, is not just the evidence of this hoped for and the substance of things unseen, it is also a belief, a belief that we are not th greatest living force in the universe, and all man's effort in learning, living and experiencing is not just an eventual waste in triviality, but a belief that something magnificent will come of the harmony of our combined knowledge and effort is not limited to our general 3 score and 10. When you truly believe, you can move mountains.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
You can have faith that you're a dog; you obviously aren't, since you can type out your posts.
Faith is believe without and against proof or evidence.
Faith is blindly following whatever someone says, then getting raped in an alley.
Again, you simply don't understand. We being regarded by many of you as fools is just simply laughable to most of us. It takes more courage to have faith than not and to go on a journey of learning misunderstood and misrepresented by many of our physical institutions of higher learning. You clearly limit your potential and the awesomeness that is a brian. You are afraid to explore and based on what you say, even to imagine or think outside teh box they have provided you with and that you accepted all too wilingly. Recognized and established religions in many ways are not much different as they too give you a small box that not even covers the entire volume of scripture, to move, think and breathe within. There is the spiritual and teh physical, the natural and the supernatural. To deny and dismiss one half is a tragedy and in no uncertain terms, a waste.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. do you realize your rebuttal was one orgasmic insult ??..
At times, yes. It may or may not come naturally.

:)

CS.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#528751 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must also, Catch.
Ah, but I do not believe in gods.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#528752 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I guess that if the butterfly's not to blame, we mustn't blame your god, either.
Do as you wish ...no skin off my ass.
I say that the god doesn't exist. But if we stipulate to the contrary, then it is very much to blame, just as any of us would be blamed for such callous indifference.
This blame seeking game is rather immature.
<quoted text>
This argument really disheartens me. Your rationalization of immorality in the defense of an undeserving god is a little off putting
Think how those that suffer must feel.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#528753 May 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
To his rescue?
Well, if he does understand most things it seems he's a lot off his game lately. It is not about disagreements, it is about showing you have at least a half decent grasp of whatever issue/s you're an opponent or proponent of. It only seems to me that he shows himself the little disgruntled malcontent when he can't have his own way, or at least that's how he chooses to portray himself for whatever reason. Maybe as originally thought, just to waste everyone's time in a thread that is clearly not suited to his beliefs, or lack thereof.
CS.
Man up, dude.

Address the substance of posts, instead of arrogantly but amateurishly playing psychiatrist and engaging in ad hominems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Peter Ross 38,137
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Steve III 641,542
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 104,671
Play "end of the word" part 2 23 min WasteWater 1,723
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 44,365
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min WasteWater 18,694
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pegasus 280,879
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min The Hangman 969,962
More from around the web