Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#528745 May 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
too bad imo. You will get your evidence of God, I have no doubt about that. But it may not help you, because by then it would have been too late.<quoted text>Ya never know. I wish you the best though.
trifecta1, I am wondering whether you have seen something that several here have attempted to state. When you make that first statement you are making several logical errors, the most important of which is "begging the question" which is classified in logic as a logical error.

At the risk of telling you something you already know, which I have told on topix many times, as have many others,'begging the question' is not logically correct, because it makes the assumption that what one is attempting to show by their "givens" which would lead to their "proof" has already occurred before they showed that it was true.

Your stating that I will find out at some point what I don't believe now, is assuming that what I will find out is a given, which is not true, but which you are attempting to establish is true, by whatever you provide here as evidence of it being true.

Yes, if you are correct in what you believe, then supposedly I will find out at some point, however if you are not correct, then I won't find out that you ARE correct because it simply would not be correct.

Yes, I see that you did put "too bad imo" at the beginning of that post, but the rest was a logical error.

You could be right, but assuming that, without establishing it, which no human being has yet done, and came back to tell us about it, is still "begging the question".

Location hidden

#528746 May 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
To his rescue?
Well, if he does understand most things it seems he's a lot off his game lately. It is not about disagreements, it is about showing you have at least a half decent grasp of whatever issue/s you're an opponent or proponent of. It only seems to me that he shows himself the little disgruntled malcontent when he can't have his own way, or at least that's how he chooses to portray himself for whatever reason. Maybe as originally thought, just to waste everyone's time in a thread that is clearly not suited to his beliefs, or lack thereof.
CS.
Assuming we can really know what is motivating another person, which I will admit I am guilty of assuming at times too.

I will agree that I do see IANS perhaps trying too hard to prove what he has already proved.

Location hidden

#528747 May 2, 2013
XpressPage wrote:
When humans realize that we are all the same, just look different. Then you all will realize how to love and respect one another. So again, GOD was not meant to bring harm and separation to us, GOD is make us love. And when humans fight, argue and hurt one another about GOD, remember it is a thought and a belief. GOD is what you think and believe it to be. So how can one human hate another humans thoughts?
Mean people ruin the Earth
I think you are generally correct, at least in your conclusion.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#528748 May 2, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
And from the posts of yours that I have read you sound like a dangerous hating weird creep. Get help before it’s too late. I’m serious about that.
I understand why IANS and his posts might sound that way to you HFN. On the other hand...there are posters here that sound that exact same way to me.

When there has been a poster that advocates death to any group of people and then you read others that pat him on the back and make him sound as if he is a "brother"...I get that same "dangerous hating weird creep" feeling myself.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#528749 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that your answer is no, let's look at the double standard you are applying, and the pass you are willing to give the god however immoral its behavior.
Let's assume that I had the power to restore missing limbs at no more cost to me than to will it. Should I do it, or refuse?
How about you? What if you had the power to restore all of those amputated limbs in Boston by folding your arms in front of you and wiggling your nose. What would you do? Give them their limbs, or refuse them? And if you refused, what are we to think of you?
We all have the same answers to all of those questions. If you don't, you're not a good person. So why is the god excused from that standard?
I don't have the answers, all I have are questions. Neither do I have the ability to regrow limbs. It is what it is. I do however choices. I can look for the beauty in the day or I can seek out the ugly. The truth is; they both find me even when I'm not looking.
<quoted text>
And look at how you trivialize the matter of the god either not existing or being criminally indifferent. Why should the god restore legs or snot, huh?
Snot exists ...what are you talking about? While you're at it you tell me why a starfish can regrow a limb, yet the Creators reigning achievement cannot.
<quoted text>
My answer? How could it be without something or somebody to impose fairness on it.
What answer would a Christian give?
Depends on which Christian were asked!
<quoted text>
I want _Alice_ to get her leg back
Perhaps you could ask a starfish.
if a loving, omnipotent god exists, or for whomever is still sane enough to do so, to admit the obvious: such a god does not exist. That probably won't include you.
Probably??? Is that the fine print in case you're wrong?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#528750 May 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Lacez wrote:
So just walk blindly into everything.
You have a weird idea of living.
See, you could have faith that you have wings and can fly; in reality, you can't.
You misrepresent your own intelligence Ms. happy, and you loosely mock my beliefs with this weak attempt.

Clearly you understand not of faith. You exercise faith in your everyday life without thinking of it, otherwise you would succumb to paranoia. It takes faith (and faith is never without the effort and confidence of belief), to walk across the street everyday and not get mowed down by a car, or that you won't have muscle spasms while swimming in the middle of a 20ft pool, and faith and confidence to know that your child won't make good on his or her threats and drown your treasured persian cat.

Faith, my unlearned friend, is not just the evidence of this hoped for and the substance of things unseen, it is also a belief, a belief that we are not th greatest living force in the universe, and all man's effort in learning, living and experiencing is not just an eventual waste in triviality, but a belief that something magnificent will come of the harmony of our combined knowledge and effort is not limited to our general 3 score and 10. When you truly believe, you can move mountains.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
You can have faith that you're a dog; you obviously aren't, since you can type out your posts.
Faith is believe without and against proof or evidence.
Faith is blindly following whatever someone says, then getting raped in an alley.
Again, you simply don't understand. We being regarded by many of you as fools is just simply laughable to most of us. It takes more courage to have faith than not and to go on a journey of learning misunderstood and misrepresented by many of our physical institutions of higher learning. You clearly limit your potential and the awesomeness that is a brian. You are afraid to explore and based on what you say, even to imagine or think outside teh box they have provided you with and that you accepted all too wilingly. Recognized and established religions in many ways are not much different as they too give you a small box that not even covers the entire volume of scripture, to move, think and breathe within. There is the spiritual and teh physical, the natural and the supernatural. To deny and dismiss one half is a tragedy and in no uncertain terms, a waste.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. do you realize your rebuttal was one orgasmic insult ??..
At times, yes. It may or may not come naturally.

:)

CS.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#528751 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must also, Catch.
Ah, but I do not believe in gods.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#528752 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I guess that if the butterfly's not to blame, we mustn't blame your god, either.
Do as you wish ...no skin off my ass.
I say that the god doesn't exist. But if we stipulate to the contrary, then it is very much to blame, just as any of us would be blamed for such callous indifference.
This blame seeking game is rather immature.
<quoted text>
This argument really disheartens me. Your rationalization of immorality in the defense of an undeserving god is a little off putting
Think how those that suffer must feel.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#528753 May 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
To his rescue?
Well, if he does understand most things it seems he's a lot off his game lately. It is not about disagreements, it is about showing you have at least a half decent grasp of whatever issue/s you're an opponent or proponent of. It only seems to me that he shows himself the little disgruntled malcontent when he can't have his own way, or at least that's how he chooses to portray himself for whatever reason. Maybe as originally thought, just to waste everyone's time in a thread that is clearly not suited to his beliefs, or lack thereof.
CS.
Man up, dude.

Address the substance of posts, instead of arrogantly but amateurishly playing psychiatrist and engaging in ad hominems.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#528754 May 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if we don't respect each other, this world won't work ..
.. because we are all members of the same species, everyone has my respect, some will lose it ..
.. how about: "TRUST is earned, not given" ??..
There are many types of respect and trust.

I consider them necessarily conditional. Making the conditions fair is a matter of understanding.

Trust can be earned, but withheld, and sometimes that's prudent, if the risk is too great, and the reward too little.

Trust can be given without being earned, and sometimes that can inspire a person to become trustworthy.

Respect is more complex. You can respect a person as a parent, while not respecting them at all as a politician. You can respect their behavior but not their ideas. You can respect their ideas but not their behavior. Your level of respect can change depending on context. By considering the environment where an idea or person comes from, you can account for reasonable expectations. What might not be ultimately respectable, may be more respectable from a different perspective.

Alice tells me that the Lays potato chip nipple pasties didn't work out so well. She wants to try Oreos next.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#528755 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not at fault, nor are the others. They have been trained poorly.
But he IS willfully ignorant.
He embraces the indoctrination.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#528756 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh... I can make sons, too. Watch:
See, the only reason you say that is because you hate that one of the most evil men in history wasn't part of my religion and didn't preformed his deeds in the name of it.
No matter how much you don't want it to be true, Hitler was not a Christian and didn't kill in the name of my god.
You've proven yourself to be horribly uneducated and wrong in the past.
Now is no different.

I'm guessing you probably also think that the Inquisition was a bunch of non-Christians killing people who didn't convert, right?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#528757 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Good luck with that.
lol maybe I should put it under lock and key.lol

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528758 May 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many types of respect and trust.
I consider them necessarily conditional. Making the conditions fair is a matter of understanding.
Trust can be earned, but withheld, and sometimes that's prudent, if the risk is too great, and the reward too little.
Trust can be given without being earned, and sometimes that can inspire a person to become trustworthy.
Respect is more complex. You can respect a person as a parent, while not respecting them at all as a politician. You can respect their behavior but not their ideas. You can respect their ideas but not their behavior. Your level of respect can change depending on context. By considering the environment where an idea or person comes from, you can account for reasonable expectations. What might not be ultimately respectable, may be more respectable from a different perspective.
Alice tells me that the Lays potato chip nipple pasties didn't work out so well. She wants to try Oreos next.
Excellent post!

I am partial to the banana slices.

Location hidden

#528759 May 2, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
lil whispers, the scripture you posted was right on the mark. Praise be to God
Just sharing and planting afew scriptures for others to think on.
Then leave it to God and them.God bless.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528760 May 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But he IS willfully ignorant.
He embraces the indoctrination.
Agreed

Location hidden

#528761 May 2, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello lil whispers
Factually every person will die!
lol factually Mike a part of you lives on within
your children and generation after generation.
A man does not realize his value on this earth.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#528762 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Subject: Male Logic...Man/Woman conversation
Woman:
Do you drink beer?
Man: Yes
Woman: How many beers a day?
Man:
Usually about 3
Woman: How much do you pay per beer?
Man:$5.00 which includes a tip
(This is where it gets scary !)
Woman: And how long have you been drinking?
Man: About 20 years, I suppose
Woman: So a beer costs $5 and you have 3 beers a day which puts your spending each month at $450. In one year, it would be approximately $5400 ...correct?
Man: Correct
Woman: If in 1 year you spend $5400, not accounting for inflation, the past
20 years puts your spending at $108,000, correct?
Man: Correct
Woman: Do you know that if you didn't drink so much beer, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?
Man: Do you drink beer?
Woman: No
Man: Where's your f_cking Ferrari?
She bought a Prius to save fuel costs on all those trips to the mall.

Location hidden

#528763 May 2, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Finally a demonstration of how a prayer is made and then it's answer.
Waiting!
Don't wait too long Mike.People rarely admit they have
received in such matters.They way to quick to pat there
selfs on the back and brag I done it all by myself.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#528764 May 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand why IANS and his posts might sound that way to you HFN. On the other hand...there are posters here that sound that exact same way to me.
When there has been a poster that advocates death to any group of people and then you read others that pat him on the back and make him sound as if he is a "brother"...I get that same "dangerous hating weird creep" feeling myself.
Hey Annie,
There probably is. However most on here will agree with someone else if they say what believe. Non believers agree with and pat those on the back that say something they like even though they have said some very nasty things to believers.

It works both ways Annie.
HFN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 13 min Paul is dead 537
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 30 min ExplainsBongo 41,588
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Paul is dead 53
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 3 hr Johnny 14
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Johnny 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Tellthetruth 989,669
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 6 hr Johnny 94
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 hr guest 690,311
More from around the web