Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#528695 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You show us tremendous mood swings here. One day you are amiable and relatively constant, the next, emotionally labile and abusive. And the latter seem to last for hours, not days or weeks.
I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here when I attribute that to alcohol rather than your endogenous neurochemistry.
Assumptions? Unsupported assumptions with attendant certitude are the sine qua non of religious faith. My assumptions are evidence based and amenable to change pending new evidence.
Your assumptions are "evidence based"?!

What evidence do you have that I drink beer (or any alcohol) during the day?

(I gotta see this one.....)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#528696 May 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
No problem, get to the writing when you can . A Jesus Follower and a Christan can be the same thing, but they can be different as well. Many people are Christians because they were born into a Christian family, but they don't follow Jesus Christ. They don't attend church or worship or praise or pray to Jesus or read the bible about Jesus. they don't do none of that. That is not a Jesus Follower, that is just a Christian. Your Hitler analogy is wrong. Someone reading about Hitler to find out who he was, most times does not call themselves a Nazi. But there are Christians that read about who Jesus is, but have no intentions of worshiping Jesus Christ. Some people follow Jesus as a philosopher pertaining to this life only. So lots of distinction when it comes to Christianity and Christian.<quoted text>You need help writer. So I not going to cast you away just yet. But if I find myself repeating to the point that I repeat with some other atheists here, then I going to treat you like I treat another atheist here and not respond to you.
Your case still bad though. Anyone who turn they back on Jesus Christ, it usually very hard for them to return, but it not impossible.
Agree the conversation on a plane may be better. But maybe not. There are all kinds of distractions on a plane. movies crying babies food service and all that. so this billboard may be better for you.
Really though only YHWH God can help you. But the fact that you still doing some religious activities in your life. YHWH may see a little glimmer of hope in you. I not know though, that between you and YHWH.
Other than some brain damage or malfunction that I could very well experience as I get older, I will not be likely to move to where you suggest I should be in my thinking until actual proved evidence of God and the biblical accounts have been fully established.

Though one should never make predictions nor definitely bet on such things, I doubt I am going to live enough more years for such information to become available. I do not have a closed mind to that, but am only speaking strictly on what I now understand, and what I also see occurring in the world regarding the topic of God and the Bible.

If I suffer some debilitating condition of the brain, then I can't guarantee what is left functioning in my brain might lead me to think or do.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#528697 May 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
trifecta1, will we every get anywhere as long as we each are trying to prove that the other falls into our definitions of certain words, rather than attempt to tap each others minds for some logical information concerning what we are discussing, or even better what the topic here is expecting us to discuss?
Somehow I don't feel either of us are getting anywhere the way we have been going. It isn't mine of course, but it is often said that when one keeps doing something that isn't working, then stop doing it.
Otherwise one remains always frustrated.
Words matter writer. Category matters.

There was not much of a chance that we would get anywhere really, because our positions are so set in stone.

But you can't set the basis for discussions if you not grounded in certain facts about your beliefs.

1. Science has not been able to turn non life into life-Fact.
2. There are no documented cases of one species changing into another species. Fact.
And without that, then you're discussing with me with no ground to stand on.
3. Science has no plausible explanation for how this universe came about-Fact.

SO WHERE YOU THINK YOU GOING TO GET WITH ME WITH THOSE FACTS WEIGHING YOU DOWN LIKE A 2 TON CHAIN AND YOU IN THE OCEAN?

lol.

You can't pretend those facts of your beliefs don't exist. You can't want to be cool and new age and hip and feel good and think you have any advantage over Christianity because you turn your back on Christianity.

No writer.

Christianity must discuss based on the Facts of Jesus Christ the bible and even the Crusades. You must discuss based on the facts of your philosophy.

Lots of people think it cool to be a Nazi, or to be Gangster, or to be a Wall Street Broker.

But they can't be those things, and not confront the facts of Hitler, or robbing, bribes and killing people or gambling people money on wallstreet.

Life not go so writer. So you want to get somewhere with me, confront the Facts of your beliefs, then explain where you think this universe and people came from. And if you make sense, Then maybe we will get somewhere.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528698 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was not written as a work of science nor was its purpose to describe the workings of the physical world.
It was written to explain spiritual principles - the nature of mankind, the nature of God, and how people can have a personal relationship with God.
Just like War and Peace and Mein Kampf.

OK

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528699 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:

But I can prove that there is no god assisting people with a mustard seed of faith to move mountains. There is not a single report on the Internet or elsewhere of a mountain being moved that way.
No you can't, because 'moving a mountain with a mustard seed of faith' isn't literal.
And I can prove that prayer is not an effective treatment for medical conditions - or I can direct you to pares affirming that. If that is not sufficient for you, you are free to repeat the experiments.[QUOTE]

No you can't. You can only demonstrate opinions.

[QUOTE] I can also prove that no omniscient, omnipotent god that wants us to know, love and worship us exists, nor one that protects us from harm. Look at what just happened in Boston, and in Newtown before that.
Then do it. Go ahead. Prove it.
How much "proof" do you need?
Prove you have hands.

Go.
Here's a claim, dumb ass: The comparison of proving that hands exist over the Internet and proving that your god exists - and implying that the inability to do one one affirms that the other is also impossible - is invalid.
Wrong.

The impossibility of proving you have hands is the point.

I'm sure you have hands, IANS.

But I know you can't prove it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528700 May 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
Secular Humanists (which is a religion of sorts)
I don't agree, not if you are using the usual and commonest meaning of religion. It's a metaphysical, epistemological and ethical system that competes with religions like Christianity and Islam, but lacks the sine qua non of religion in the main sense of the word: supernaturalism.

Look at much more it is missing: There is no god or any other figure of worship, no laws or commandments, no legends, no concept of an afterlife or judgment, no sacrifices or other rituals, no priesthood or other authority figures, no hierarchy, and no identifying clothing or symbols.

The Christians benefit from calling what we do by the same names that apply to them, especially "faith" and "religion." They want equality with humanistic epistemology (rational skepticism and empiricism) and metaphysics (scientific naturalism), especially in the American schools , where they would like to equate creationism with science, and in the government, where they would like atheism, humanism, and evolutionary treated as religions.

What do you think?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528701 May 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
Actually regardless of whether a human is a believer in a deity or not, if a human being is not a humanist than what really is his purpose in being part of the human community of the world?
Good question.

Christianity teaches the opposite of humanism. It teaches that man has nothing to offer, that he is badly infected by sin, that he is only a destructive presence continually degrading life and the world, and that there is no hope for the world except from above. It teaches the Christian to eschew the flesh and the world rather than embrace it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528702 May 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A GAY English king.
Do you see how much hypocrisy there is from Lawless?
He is not at fault, nor are the others. They have been trained poorly.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528703 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The impossibility of proving you have hands is the point.
I'm sure you have hands, IANS.
But I know you can't prove it.
I offered to prove it, you refused.

I am still waiting for you to come and see the truth.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#528704 May 2, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
"Right on the mark",..does that mean word-for-word?
Did a GOD have something to do with "lil whispers" posting scriptures on this entertainment site?
Does posting scriptures in and of themselves, do a "Thing"?
I had thoughts and was thinking I should look up some of the scripture. The scripture she posted was some of the ones I was going look up. Did God have something to do with it? I would say yes even if lil whispers didn't know it. That is my oppinion. No, I don't think they, in and and of themselves do a thing. But, scripture taken to the heart implemented into ones life does do a thing. Again my oppinion.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#528705 May 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that a plane would not be a very good place to have a serious discussion, but was using that analogy only to suggest that one would likely show a bit more respect to another if one was "stuck" in a seat beside him for many hours, which would eliminate some of the methods we used on this site (none of which work anyway).
That's the beast called the internet, you can't do anything about that.

Is a reason they say for manners sake never discuss politics or religion in polite company. Is for a good reason, because religion and politics are probably the most controversial subjects in the history of mankind. So it is what it is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528706 May 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you attribute to your god the good stuff AND the bad stuff, I'm ok.
You must also, Catch.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528707 May 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't buy a Ferrari for $108,000.
Way to kill a joke....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#528708 May 2, 2013
too bad imo. You will get your evidence of God, I have no doubt about that. But it may not help you, because by then it would have been too late.
[QUOTE who="boooots"]<qu oted text>
Other than some brain damage or malfunction that I could very well experience as I get older, I will not be likely to move to where you suggest I should be in my thinking until actual proved evidence of God and the biblical accounts have been fully established.
Though one should never make predictions nor definitely bet on such things, I doubt I am going to live enough more years for such information to become available. I do not have a closed mind to that, but am only speaking strictly on what I now understand, and what I also see occurring in the world regarding the topic of God and the Bible.
If I suffer some debilitating condition of the brain, then I can't guarantee what is left functioning in my brain might lead me to think or do.
Ya never know. I wish you the best though.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528709 May 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
See, the only reason you say that is because you hate that one of the most evil men in history was part of your religion and preformed his deeds in the name of it.
No matter how much you don't want it to be true, Hitler was a Christian and killed in the name of his god.
Uh-huh... I can make sons, too. Watch:

See, the only reason you say that is because you hate that one of the most evil men in history wasn't part of my religion and didn't preformed his deeds in the name of it.
No matter how much you don't want it to be true, Hitler was not a Christian and didn't kill in the name of my god.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528710 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like War and Peace and Mein Kampf.
OK
They were written to explain God?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528711 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I offered to prove it, you refused.
I am still waiting for you to come and see the truth.
And I told you no.

Stop flirting with me.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#528712 May 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. gays aren't afraid of a robot uprising ..
I understand clearly. Your mechanical men and toys serve you well apparently.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#528713 May 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you'll be back ..
.. nobody can resist the HL experience ..
I suppose we're all nobodies to you then.

CS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528714 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No you can't, because 'moving a mountain with a mustard seed of faith' isn't literal.....
Why not ?

It more believable than a Zombie Deity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Joe Fortuna 64,112
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 973,840
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min RoSesz 654,105
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min bad bob 183,180
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 19 min abc 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min Student 45,244
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 106,541
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 281,882
More from around the web