Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#528634 May 2, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Those not matured in His ways and word- are not ready to set an example- and can not decipher His directions in evangelizing.
If we follow Him- WE FOLLOW.
Hypocrites ARE those who claim to follow Him- but that do not listen to His promptings or teachings.
That is true, and we a few on here as well, and they definitely lack the spiritual discernment to rightly divide scripture, let alone follow it, hypocrites are also those who claim to know and have Christ and openly reject his Word as being authentic as coming from God alone, cherry picking what they want to believe and accusing the men that God worked through to convey his Word as false prophets and go about to establish their own righteousness.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#528635 May 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Look, your god is at it again:
Two earthquakes within 18 hours in Pakistan
May 01, 2013
Two earthquakes within 18 hours jolted Pakistan. The first earthquake was of 5.3 magnitude that was felt on May 1 at 1158 hours, while the second was felt at 0335 hours at Ziarat and adjacent areas that were jolted with a 5.3 magnitude quake. The intensity of the earthquake has been reported at 5.3 on the Richter scale and lasted for 2 minutes.
And look! God's at work again:

https://www.google.com/search...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528636 May 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but not to learn more FROM the bible. What's to learn?
Learning ABOUT the bible can be scholarship. It has a history, and one can profit by knowing that history.
You haven't demonstrated any extra understanding of any scripture yet. You failed to demonstrate that any of us who said that your bible supported a flat, domed earth cosmology were wrong - something that you claimed was the case. You implied that we were imposing that conception onto words that you said meant something else.
What you ended up showing is that whatever extra time you had spent studying scripture had not only not given you any extra knowledge or expertise, but that you have a confirmation bias that causes you to know even less about your bible than those you disagreed with. It causes you to disregard or misinterpret the scriptures that support the snow globe universe that you wish it didn't describe.
Oh ya?

Well one time, I fell off a ladder.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528637 May 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
So long as you are alive and you allow God to break the rock to pieces, there's always hope.
If that is what you're depending on, there is no hope.

Your god is impotent, whatever the reason. We see it every day. Any bad thing that happens is evidence that he not there. We see it on this thread. You have no connection to anything transcendent. You don't even have the resources of the unbelievers you argue with. We run circles around you.

Go pray for your impotent god to move a mountain. Or have him break a rock to pieces.

You really have zero interest in awakening to reality ever again, do you? You don't really care. Admit it: if I am correct about your god, you don't want to know it.

The rock is around your head, and it's pretty infrangible to god and man alike.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528638 May 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...blessed with an excuse for everything aren`t you? lmao
No, but through Christ Jesus I'm Blessed enough to answer everything that you and those like you can throw at me, and I give all glory to God and not self or anyone else.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528639 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies.
Only the Laws that you like from the OT are still in effect.
Clueless.

Since: May 11

UK

#528640 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
If that is what you're depending on, there is no hope.
Your god is impotent, whatever the reason. We see it every day. Any bad thing that happens is evidence that he not there. We see it on this thread. You have no connection to anything transcendent. You don't even have the resources of the unbelievers you argue with. We run circles around you.
Go pray for your impotent god to move a mountain. Or have him break a rock to pieces.
You really have zero interest in awakening to reality ever again, do you? You don't really care. Admit it: if I am correct about your god, you don't want to know it.
The rock is around your head, and it's pretty infrangible to god and man alike.
....if he can make my monitor flicker, I`m on board.

*waits*

Since: May 11

UK

#528641 May 2, 2013
oh shiiiii......

just kidding.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528642 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then homosexuality is not a sin... or are you going to claim that only what YOU choose to call "fornication" is a sin.
Are you really this twisted up in your thinking".........no don't answer, the statement speaks for itself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528643 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible has tits ?.. and they give milk, too ?
Do YOU have these things?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528644 May 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> .... lack the spiritual discernment to rightly divide scripture,....
ROFLMAO

Translated:

"Only people who agree with me know what God wants."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#528645 May 2, 2013
I guess you will one day find out if it was an empty threat, or it's your eternal reality for your soul right? or do you deny Science and don't believe you have a soul? Atheism is getting so ridiculed many are now doing what they accused Christians of doing, denying science oy!lol, hilarious! and I love it.
[QUOTE who="boooots"]<qu oted text>
I take issue with it only when people use that as an arguing point for the existence of God and are essentially attempting to bully people into believing, the same way a Mafia member goes to a merchant and tells him he will protect his store for a cut of his take, but if the merchant refuses then the Mafia guy says well I know where your wife and kids are, where your kids go to school, and you wouldn't want anything to happen to those lovely people would you, so how about cooperating.
You are attempting even if you don't realize it to prove God exists by telling people what will happen to them if they don't believe you. Many, if not most, people will respond to fear, especially if the fear is of something so horrible that it cannot even be imagined.
That is one reason that Christianity has been so successful for 2000 years. If that fear factor was not part of it, it would have died out centuries ago, and likely some other belief would have attempted to take its place, as Islam actually did do. The problem with Islam is it uses fear even more than Christianity does (at least in the present because Christianity used it in the past too) and that is people can be killed for not believing under the Islamic belief.
nah. The motivation to be a Jesus Follower, is love of Jesus Christ. The motivation to be a Christian, may be fear.

That two totally different things. People hate, what they fear. And I totally believe you hate Jesus Christ, because you Fear Jesus Christ. And that is the reason you're forever damned to spiritual fiery hell, because it's impossible to love, what you fear. As long as anyone hated Jesus Christ, they can never be a Jesus Follower. They can only be a Christian. And Jesus Christ never talk about no Christian. Jesus Christ talk about those that will follow Jesus Christ.

Now logic would deem a person should fear an Almighty being. So fear of hell may be the reason at the start someone become a Christian. But fear won't make them a Jesus Follower. They must learn to love Jesus Christ. And if they don't learn to love Jesus Christ, they will turn their back on Jesus Christ. or just remain a Christian. simple as that.

So your bullying and mafia analogy may get someone to call themselves a Christian, but that means nothing if they do not personally know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

But whatever reasons Christianity strong, God bless Christianity. Almost 3 billion strong, and growing. That's very encouraging and rewarding.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#528646 May 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you really this twisted up in your thinking".........no don't answer, the statement speaks for itself.
You are the one twisting everything.

You make the Bible say whatever you want, pick which Laws and Sins you want it to condemn and then claim to be the only one who knows what it "really" says.

Please, talk to your doctor about Haldol.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#528647 May 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Do YOU have these things?
All mammals have breasts.

Are you as ignorant and uneducated as your posts make you seem ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#528648 May 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Clueless.
Yes. Yes you are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528649 May 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've asked y'all to prove you have hands - no one has been able to....

Not on the Internet. But I could do it by showing them to you if we were in the same room.
Simple enough, right?
Show me your god by any method at the time and place of your choosing.

Not on the Internet. But I could do it by showing Him to you if we were in the same room.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528650 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one twisting everything.
You make the Bible say whatever you want, pick which Laws and Sins you want it to condemn and then claim to be the only one who knows what it "really" says.
Please, talk to your doctor about Haldol.
For someone who claims Christ and disbeliefs his Word at the same time, anything that you say only prompts amusement and pity from me of you all at once. You are the ultimate hypocrite.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528651 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes you are.
Pot meet Kettle.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528652 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Translated:
"Only people who agree with me know what God wants."
Pot meet Kettle.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#528653 May 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
All mammals have breasts.
Are you as ignorant and uneducated as your posts make you seem ?
But YOU have milk in YOURS, right?

Pot meet Kettle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min -Stray Dog 6,359
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Buck Crick 863,727
The Christian Atheist debate 21 min feces for jesus 1,909
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 27 min rohit 443
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 44 min See Thru U 795
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Patrick Daniels 599,347
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 40,849
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
More from around the web