Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#528185 May 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Trifecta1, I keep trying to communicate (my problem). Atheists don't believe anything (related to a deity). It is a non-belief. There is no inherent belief to being an atheist. As some of the speakers on Theism and Atheism say, everyone, including you, are atheists towards most gods, but Christians, Muslims, and Jews believe in one of the many gods, so they are not atheistic towards that god (or they do not have no belief in that god).
We don't BELIEVE that God doesn't exist; we just don't have a belief that God exists. We haven't been shown any reason to believe in an existence of something that there is no evidence of. Likely most, if not all, atheists would become theists if a god was proved to exist (would be kind of foolish not to, as they would otherwise show they are not well educated).
Atheists today are taking the most rational position based on lack of any evidence, not having a belief in a deity. They don't have to justify that, because there is nothing to show they are wrong. Believers in a God have to justify their belief, if they want to be taken seriously, because there is no evidence, so far, to show they are right.
OK. Now. Well you do practice a religion. You may not want the title of being religious, but what you say do not trump LAW. In this United States, Atheism/Secular Humanism, is a Religion.
U.S. Supreme Court
TORCASO v. WATKINS, 367 U.S. 488 (1961)
367 U.S. 488
"[ Footnote 11 ] Among religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism and others. See Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia, 101 U.S. App. D.C. 371, 249 F.2d 127; Fellowship of Humanity v. County of Alameda, 153 Cal. App. 2d 673, 315 P.2d 394; II Encyclopaedia of the Social Sciences 293; 4 Encyclopaedia Britannica (1957 ed.) 325-327; 21 id., at 797; Archer, Faiths Men Live By (2d ed. revised by Purinton), 120-138, 254-313; 1961 World Almanac 695, 712; Year Book of American Churches for 1961, at 29, 47."
TORCASO v. WATKINS, CLERK.
APPEAL FROM THE COURT OF APPEALS OF MARYLAND.
No. 373.
Argued April 24, 1961.
Decided June 19, 1961.

So you can write until you full up a library, you can't refute the Law. And the Law states you have a religion. You only left Christianity to go into another religion. A religion that is way more farcical absurd and ridiculous IMO.

And you do believe everything came from naught.

I know it's not convenient for you to discuss your religion when the elephant of how this universe and the life came to be hangs over you like a menacing dark cloud, but it's not going away. You chose your religion.

Science does not have the ability to make non life into life-Fact.
There are no plausible theory or hypothesis to explain this universe
-Fact.

Even your Big Bang theory is under tremendous pressure and more or less have been refuted:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2010/01/...

Those are the [facts] of your religion. And until you straighten out your facts, you will be laughed at and ridiculed for believing such a load of Crap that is secular humanism.

You're lucky, at least I just laugh at you. The Muslim would laugh at you, then kill you.

And I don't have to justify ANYTHING to you. Show me a law somewhere that says I have to justify my beliefs in Jesus Christ to you? There is none. You don't believe, that is on [you].

I not care what you believe. But don't try and claim what is cool and hip in saying "No God". But then run away from the logical conclusion of that claim oy!lol!. You can't justify your religion, because frankly it is infantile gullibility and unending stupidity. But that's [you].

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#528186 May 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What's the difference?
He's telling you that even though you now have a voice, you had better not use it in a way that offends his religious sensibilities.
He is putting you on notice that he is free to express his religious opinions, but that you are not free to contradict or criticize him or them.
He is warning you not to offend his religious beliefs or you will incur his wrath.
I for one am taking the threat seriously.
==========
@ Counter_Strike: Please help me to know just where you draw the line so that I can be certain not to offend you. In order to get a better sense of it lest I do so inadvertently, please indicate if these are acceptable or not. Blessings :
[Warning: potentially blasphemous material follows]
[1] http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3462/330539994...
[2] http://s159.photobucket.com/user/PyroHazard20...
Oh IANS...I am so glad that we settled that little feud we had a while ago.
I can now go back to enjoying your great posts.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528187 May 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I know germany exist, prove to me you went there. then I will prove God to you ~~grin~~
Why do you think that most people in the world doubt that your god exists,but almost none doubt that Germany exists. It has nothing to do with proof, and everything to do with evidence, experience, and reputation.

Seriously. You may not be able to put your finger on just what the difference is, or how people know to accept that Germany exists without proof while rejecting your god, but they do.

And whatever verbal sleights of hand you might play, you can only fool yourself with them, not skeptics.

Now, to illustrate the insincerity of your argument, let us each describe what would constitute proof for him. If your god will make the sun split in half and each half do a dance around the other for five minutes, I'll accept that as evidence that I worship him.

Or, if he aligns several galaxies so that they spell out "I am YHWY" from earth's vantage point, you'll have my tithes again.

I'd even accept him filling the entire sky with his speaking face, with all people understanding him in their native language.

There are many, many ways that your god could prove his existence if he existed and wanted to be known and loved by man.

By contrast, what would could I post here or link you to that you would accept as proof of the existence of Germany?

Once you admit that there is nothing at all, then you will understand how dishonest your request is and how invalid your argument is.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#528188 May 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

Not stereo typing at all. The majority of Christians are undereducated and biased.
That sentence there IS stereotyping.
For example, how many have education in ancient history, archaic languages or archeology ?
I don't know, do you?
How many have read any of the non-Biblical early christian texts (there are a few hundred to choose from)and of those few, how man kept an open mind about them ?
Again, I don't know. Do you have a number?
How many can read the texts without using religious apologetics to "interpret" them ?

???
Heck, most never even read the bible and most never disagree with whatever they have been told to believe.
When you say 'most', you're stereotyping.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#528189 May 1, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh IANS...I am so glad
you wanna poke him don'tya mr homosexual man..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528190 May 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe anything you want.
It is when you want someone to believe the same thing that you need to back it up.
So far, you have proven that the Bible is as much "The Word of God" as Alice in Wonderland is "The Word of God.
You have provided no more evidence for the existence of your deity than evidence for the existence of garden fairies.
Homosexual gardeners?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#528191 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you think that most people in the world doubt that your god exists,but almost none doubt that Germany exists. It has nothing to do with proof, and everything to do with evidence, experience, and reputation.
Seriously. You may not be able to put your finger on just what the difference is, or how people know to accept that Germany exists without proof while rejecting your god, but they do.
And whatever verbal sleights of hand you might play, you can only fool yourself with them, not skeptics.
Now, to illustrate the insincerity of your argument, let us each describe what would constitute proof for him. If your god will make the sun split in half and each half do a dance around the other for five minutes, I'll accept that as evidence that I worship him.
Or, if he aligns several galaxies so that they spell out "I am YHWY" from earth's vantage point, you'll have my tithes again.
I'd even accept him filling the entire sky with his speaking face, with all people understanding him in their native language.
There are many, many ways that your god could prove his existence if he existed and wanted to be known and loved by man.
By contrast, what would could I post here or link you to that you would accept as proof of the existence of Germany?
Once you admit that there is nothing at all, then you will understand how dishonest your request is and how invalid your argument is.

trifecta1 wrote:
I know germany exist, prove to me you went there. then I will prove God to you ~~grin~
You did not answer the question. Prove to me that writer went to germany, and I will prove God. I don't believe him lol.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#528192 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That sentence there IS stereotyping....
Nope. It is based on observation and statistics over the last 50 years.

Just like saying "Most USA citizen speak English." is not stereotyping.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528193 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual gardeners?
LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#528194 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, do you?
Yes, based on statistical analysis and census records of the last 50 years few here are more than high school graduates.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528195 May 1, 2013

Try to understand - MrChar's visit to Germany was in question, not Germany itself.

His experience in Germany is in his mind, his memories.

He can't prove his experience or his memories to anyone, ever. Especially on Topix.

Although unlikely, it's possible that his trip to Germany is all in his mind.

So ask MrChar to prove what's in his mind, something non physical that nobody could prove.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528196 May 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It is based on observation and statistics over the last 50 years.
Just like saying "Most USA citizen speak English." is not stereotyping.
That's not a stereotype, that's a fact. Just like "Most US citizens are white." Or "Most US citizens are Christian."

Stereotyping is when you judge a group of people based on your own opinions and encounters.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528197 May 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Examples of and lessons from unbelief.
Why did many fail to enter into God's rest anciently. And to whom sware He that they should not enter into His rest but to them that believed not.So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.Hebrews 3:18&19
Intersting.
lil whispers wrote:
What did the ten spies say. But the men that went up with him said,We be not able to go up against the people for they are stronger than we.Numbers 13:31
That's very helpful, Whispers. Thanks.
lil whispers wrote:
What did Caleb say of the ability of Israel to take it.
Let us go up at once and posses it;for we are well able to overcome it.Numbers 13:30
There's food for thought.

Now I understand why Hick-up said that this thread went from interesting to boring when it was no longer all Christian.

@ Hick-up: Sorry, man. You were obviously correct, brother. Let me pray for you, and be blessed, will ya?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528198 May 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, based on statistical analysis and census records of the last 50 years few here are more than high school graduates.
O_o

The statistical analysis and census records of the last 50 years that you didn't list?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#528199 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to understand - MrChar's visit to Germany was in question, not Germany itself.
His experience in Germany is in his mind, his memories.
He can't prove his experience or his memories to anyone, ever. Especially on Topix.
Although unlikely, it's possible that his trip to Germany is all in his mind.
So ask MrChar to prove what's in his mind, something non physical that nobody could prove.
<<standing ovation>>>

~~grin~~

Exactly Riverside Redneck. Exactly. You knew where I was going, but you were way ahead of me.
Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#528200 May 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then shut up and quit bitching. You have exactly what you want.
It is more likely that in the USA, Christians will be doing the killing.... again.
Not the true Christians. They are too busy with things like feeding the hungry clothing the naked and preaching the gospel. As long as God gives me breath I will stand up for the cause of Christ. I won't shut up. Deal with it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#528201 May 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sir, may I have another?
Certainly.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#528202 May 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> <<standing ovation>>>
~~grin~~
Exactly Riverside Redneck. Exactly. You knew where I was going, but you were way ahead of me.
*curtsies*

Oh, wait...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#528203 May 1, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You know, I am not the "be all and know all" that all of you atheistic people accuse me of trying to be(...)
I've never accused you of that.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#528204 May 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
So in other words nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is flat.
It says the world is disc shaped, covered by a star filled dome along with other concepts popular in the imagined and primitive cosmology of ancient man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 3 min Nohweh 179
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,119
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 6 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 46 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web