|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have to wonder what do some think is going to happen? A good part of this population knows how to live right as the bible shows that. Nothing good can come from this manipulation going on in this nation.
Perhaps you might like a different country better.

Many of the Christian countries in Central Africa execute gays. You might like it there.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Example of and lessons from unbelief.

What lesson should we learn from their course.

Let us therefore fear,lest a promise being left us of entering into His rest any of you should seem to come short of it.Hebrew 4:1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you after reading that.
<quoted text>
Didn't you just tell me that your thoughts weren't relevant? Yet here you are sharing them, such as they are.
Here you are utterly unable to say that such an act is immoral because you are afraid of offending it.
What a failure your religion is. That's where you learned to be evasive in the defense of your cruel god, isn't it? Does the world really need people trained to think like this? Don't we need people with a moral spine - people who, when discussing torture, are able to say something stronger than the equivalent of 'if you think it's wrong to burn people alive, then it's wrong for you'?
Yes I did just say that. But I gave someof my thoughts even though they are not relevant. Just because you asked. My religion? I'll say my faith. No, my faith is not a failure. I was not evasive of my God. My God is not cruel, he is gracious, loving and kind. I was evasive to your attempt to trap me into a debate about a false narrative about my God. I don't need to defend him. He defends me. Trained, it seems you think I am trained on how to think or something like that. I think for myself and I try to learn from all situations. I might not learn what you think I should learn, thus I don't come to the same conclusions you do. To do so would following blindly and being trained. If you think you know it all and I should believe as you or what you believe then I think you are mistaken. Regarding Hell or the lake of fire as desribed in the Bible, your desription is not correct. I would suggest you read it again. If you don't want to go some where then don't go the way that leads there. Go a different way. If someone tells you that the dirrection you are going leads to some certain place and that you should turn lest you end up there, don't blame the messenger when you end up there. Blame yourself for not turning when you were warned about the direction you were going. It's a cause and affect kind of thing. I have no problem saying that torture is wrong. You desribed torture. But, you did not describe what the Bible says about hell or God in relation to hell. You desribed what you thought and I responded to what you said you thought.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

God does not change.If He was grieved at the unbelief of the Israelites and refused them admittance to canaan in consequence,He cannot permit us to enter the heavenly rest as long as we indulge in unbelief.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And what point am I missing?....
That most of the stories in the Bible can be read and appreciated like any other ancient stories.

Historical fiction, poetry, fables, collection of sayings, love stories, drama, scifi, allegory, morality tales, fantasy, monsters, biographies, children's stories, philosophy, etc.

It is a small library, limited and biased as any.

Do you dislike all books ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
... It's also got trivial observations, meaningless genealogies comprising first names, some absurd claims, a few stolen moral precepts of value as well as some bad, original ones - and probably more.
Do you think that it contributes anything of value?...
No more or less than LoTR, War and Peace or All Quiet on the Western Front.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Examples of and lessons from unbelief.

What should we all labor to do.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.Hebrews 4:11

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Though to say atheism is a belief in no god is a negative claim, I can say you believe there is no fndbdbsn god.
I can make up any words or just jumble letters together and say you are a BELIEVER when it comes to the nonexistence of it.
Disbelieving isn't a belief.
Atheism is the lack of belief, disbelief, because there is a lack of evidence for your god.
If there was any actual and credible evidence brought forward that proved your god exists, then we would not need to "believe" in it because its existence would be a fact.
Although that is not the case.
I am out of time this morning. And this could be a fun circle of thought back and forth. But, since I am out of time I will say I see your pont and understand it. I just see it defferently. And I want to say I like your word :) There must be some simularities to our thought process for I too at times make up words to make a point from time to time. Have a great day. It's beautiful here. Hope you have a beautiful day too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

When told of the diciples failure to heal an afficted son What did Christ say to that generation.

He answereth him and saith,O faithless generation how long shall I be with you how long shall I suffer you bring him unto Me.Mark 9:19

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That most of the stories in the Bible can be read and appreciated like any other ancient stories.
Historical fiction, poetry, fables, collection of sayings, love stories, drama, scifi, allegory, morality tales, fantasy, monsters, biographies, children's stories, philosophy, etc.
It is a small library, limited and biased as any.
Do you dislike all books ?
I pissed Riverside Redneck off the other day on another thread or maybe this one, I don't know.

I talked about blood letting, incestuous relationships, giant killing, Kings with 700 concubines, virgin births, death by ass jaw. Death by ass jaw? OH yeah.

Would I rather read about Holden Caulfield or Conan the Barbarian?

I'm going with Robert E. Howard over J. D. Salinger on this one.

Death by sword is a good read.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

<quoted text>
I use the word to describe myself, an atheist, and to describe other atheists.
And when I use it, I mean that such a person doesn't believe in gods. Some such people may think those things that you said. Others might not. The word doesn't connote either.
True. Context is everything.
I should have said , "the word unbeliever, as used by many Christians,....".

Thanks for the correction

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

what did Christ say to Thomas because he did not believe the testimony of his brethren concerning His resurrection.

Reach hither thy finger and behold My hands and reach hither the hand and thrust into My side and be not faithless but believing.John 20:27

The Lord rebuked Thomas for his unbelief because he would not accept the testimony of so many credible witnesses who had seen Him.How much more reprehensible is that unblief which holds out against the present cloud of witnesses of prophecy fullfilled and fulfilling.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Part 1 of 2 for Booots.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for the testimony my friend, when you think about it at times, it is astounding the way the power of God works through others to reach us, and your dedication is not misunderstood on this end in the least as I am a witness myself to the very subject at hand, only the truly Blessed of God will understand these matters.
Peace and Blessings.
Hello again Booots,
Was reading your post but it wasn't until the end I realised you were responding to Lawest reply to mine. For perspective of where your post stemmed from, both are seen here.
Due to space I would like to share with you regarding this... in part 2.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, I respect your right to post as you wish here or anywhere else you post. However, in the spirit of posting in a discussion it would seem that all posters would speak in the same language to be understood by all other posters.
Clearly non-believers do not speak the language of the "Truly Blessed" (personally I don't believe it exists, but that is beside the point), so in posting to a non-believer regarding a point on topic which you wish to make to them, I can see the only way to do that is to state in in language that he will understand.
Since we don't speak in the language of the "Truly Blessed" then we do not hear and understand what you are telling us (I do understand what you think you mean, but I still don't believe it, and that is still beside the point).
If believers are here only to talk to each other to support each other with biblical or prayer greetings, etc., then they are not here to discuss a topic, but for mutual support. Support groups are good, but they don't work if they break down into debates.
This is a debate here, or it would seem that the topic is one that can be debated. I am assuming that the question asked is asking for why Jesus should love me, when I am such and such, or I do so and so, etc.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> We have been all through this before, and I remember telling you then that you are not going to change my pattern of speech, how I talk is how I talk, and the same goes for you and anyone else regarding the way that you speak, I understand you perfectly and don't have to agree with you to understand you and the points that you are trying to convey.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Part 2 of 2 for Booots.

You are right about a language barrier. One I have learned since being in thread.
It is true, believers in any 'religious order' seem to have their own, and some staying within the bounds of that when speaking, despite English is just one language.

With my own language being more earthy, Indigenous, in thought and action - despite I have still had to learn how to read and write in the English language to communicate here - places me in a more lowly cast... for the want of a term, and Christianity, yet it's easy to see the language barrier.
My people don't talk about it much, but just live it without all the hype and judgement of one another. Might be the reason they are so happy.

Because my scales - balance, is in the middle of all these barriers - it is finely tuned. One could call it Reason... and whatever reason a person becomes a Christian we all know that the term sin is another Biblical term for guilt. No-one can feel that guilt if they did not know a thing was wrong. No-one can know anything is wrong without being told. And so the whole cycle begins of rights and wrongs.

Nothing in the universe can exist without an opposite force, positive, negative. One holds the other together. In truth, a Christian could not claim any right to the very name attached to the Faith, except through the title taken from 'Christ'. The 'force' which is opposite / negative to, becomes automatically non believer / non Christian, without us getting too entangled in all other beliefs.

So long as there are the so-called non believers a Christian would have no-one to blame for that guilt they were saved from... as a result, it spills over with a new language. Their saving grace from that old life of guilt, becomes the very blessing they proclaim. Being better folk for this change within their life becomes a joy to share, a new found lease on their once miserable life, a life with meaning in it as against what they were living before they believed. That's all positive stuff and change for the better. The very reason I can understand the subject matter and statement in the manner which Lawest writes... amplifying always the 'truly Blessed' as equally as I can see how non believers feel degraded when the term is used against them as being 'not blessed'.

For those whose choice remains to believe in God, many will always choose their choice of language... and as truly Blessed that is how and who they see themselves in that state now... as
equally as their belief in God... as against no god. Some - not all - believer or non, never forget their their past lives, and seem to project more vehemently the wrongs they believe of one another rather than have genuine discussion of. It's like from both sides... the radio-active waste still lingers
and rubs off.

Personally... it is not my custom to see myself as being any more blessed than some-one else. If anything, it's natural for me to always recognise blessings in life, and you know as well as do others, it's a term for good fortune, approval, support etc. within a circumstance. You mention Support Group. Folk go to church etc. for that. If anyone needs that support in here can they just ask as did 'Just Wondering' who began it?“Why should Jesus love me?“

I don't see much of that 'why'... sharing those thoughts here, as much as I do opposing forces. Some - in my language - as violent as warmongering. It's like lifting the veil on humanity and wondering have they progressed at all. While some carry on with swords still sharpened even Christians cannot see in the din of their own perfections that this war is God's and no-one - believer or not - has the last word. Time has moved out of the zone called earth's future, into the Now of where we all stand on one planet, and very much a body member of a greater Plan.

Take Care Booots.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am out of time this morning. And this could be a fun circle of thought back and forth. But, since I am out of time I will say I see your pont and understand it. I just see it defferently. And I want to say I like your word :) There must be some simularities to our thought process for I too at times make up words to make a point from time to time. Have a great day. It's beautiful here. Hope you have a beautiful day too.
You too, it's nice to have a civilized conversation with someone who doesn't throw hate around (that I know of, at least).

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for the testimony my friend, when you think about it at times, it is astounding the way the power of God works through others to reach us, and your dedication is not misunderstood on this end in the least as I am a witness myself to the very subject at hand, only the truly Blessed of God will understand these matters.
Peace and Blessings.
I did address Booots also with this Brother, as he made comment to it. I know we use different speech and ways even tho our Faith is the same.
The extension of this particular testimony is even more astounding... and from what I have heard from others... never heard of. Not to say it doesn't happen, but it must be rare? One day I might just tell...
Trust all is well with you. Didn't get in today, and is now time to call it a night. 10pm Wed. So goodnight from me and good morning to you there. Have a blessed day in Peace my friend, until again.

John 4
“23 But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship Him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
what did Christ say to Thomas because he did not believe the testimony of his brethren concerning His resurrection.
Reach hither thy finger and behold My hands and reach hither the hand and thrust into My side and be not faithless but believing.John 20:27
The Lord rebuked Thomas for his unbelief because he would not accept the testimony of so many credible witnesses who had seen Him.How much more reprehensible is that unblief which holds out against the present cloud of witnesses of prophecy fullfilled and fulfilling.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth"

~J. D. Salinger

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand the point of what you are getting at with this post my friend, I admit that my study into this subject has been minimal somewhat, I understand that there are people who were actually born with both male and female genitalia, the word for that escapes me at this time but I'm sure that someone reading this post can bring it to my attention, I won't try to touch on that at this time, but I do know that to play a role as a member of the opposite sex is a choice nonetheless, even for those who claim to have been "born that way", it is a spirit that takes control of some at an extremely young age, gets a powerful control in their young lives and they feel that they cannot help those feelings and that there is no hope or possibility of their being changed back into what God have intended for them to be ( physically ).
< edited for space only >
Peace my sister.
This was the link of the term which escaped you, and gave with that post for you to see. I knew it existed only by aiding some such folk through their trials, and never have studied, but not til last night when seeing your post, did I check it out. Some folk truly are born into this - where the confusion rested on the parents to explain, or not - and those afflicted were left to deal with even possible mistakes made by the parent if they were raised as the wrong choice made. For the true spirit of a babe enters at the time of it's first movement in the womb called 'the quickening'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickening

This is why I feel very strongly that one cannot be so quick to make blanket statement of a spirit which in truth was female but raised as male - or visa versa - if... and I say if... no evil spirit has entered that body.
eg. I have definitely seen a young woman's spirit 100% in one case I mention briefly here, and would know immediately if it was otherwise. Her parents turned her away. I visited her at home, and when she went through the horrors of her operation to fix things... once a young adult.
She was raised as a male.

The half of your response to me in regards to the given link last night - below - addresses only homosexual which I was not, and still do not. I know what is in that direction very well and Biblically. It was on seeing when our autistic friend NAOP ask questions, that your answer “no-one is born this way.” drew my attention to share with you what I knew. I hope this helps you understand this aspect at least. For those who we do not know... God alone will always be the judge of anyone.
Name appears on post wrote:
Does Jesus say that gays are born eunuchs? So, basically, the sexual act is a sin, but the state of being born homosexual is basically just a calling to be celibate, or being born as a eunuch?
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Being "born" homosexual is not celibacy when you engage in sexual acts with the other person, and no one is "born" that way.
Last night's link in case you did not see the name etc...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

“Intersex people in society”
History

“Intersex people are treated in different ways by different cultures. In some cultures, such people were included in larger "third gender" or gender-blending social roles along with other individuals. In most societies, intersex people have been expected to conform to either a female or a male gender role.[46] Surgeons pinpointed intersex babies as an emergency once they were born. The parents of the intersex babies were not content about the situation. Psychologists, sexologists, and researchers had a theory that it was better if the baby's genitalia were changed when they were younger than when they were a mature adult. The scientist thought that helped with the confusion”
etc.

It is this I do leave you with, in Peace my friend... and trust you will know where I'm coming from.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would you like me to liven it up ??..
Please!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh ~ my spiritual teeth are hungry LOL.... have had a bit of a sore throat and cough and also looking after someone with a very bad back but hope to get back on track again soon. Will be spending more time away from the internet and more time working, I hope :)
It is easy to adopt you ~ you have so much love for everyone, I'm just Praying some rubs off and you leave your 'fingerprint' behind :)
I trust you will be given the strength Sister Friend, for caring I know, and Love carries us thru. Will miss you too, and if even I may be gone when you return, it also is because of overload.

My fingerprint? Lol. Does spirit have one?
Rest well when you can... and Little Wing ~~((*\/*)) sends Prince Pugstar a peck. xx
Blessing always in Love and Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

596 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,370
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min Johnny 195
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min atemcowboy 532,991
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min gianni atheist infidel 115,340
INSTANT INCOME APP REVIEW : instantincomeapp.com 5 min dess71 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 224,375
Last Word + 2 11 min maria m526 224
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 256,728
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Miki 81
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••