“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#527996 May 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>Your words are meaningless.

YOU are meaningless.
Don't like being like Hitler, maybe you should change your views.
Or maybe you DO like being like Hitler...

Montreal

#527997 May 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>You make big words without sence.
You can't even spell.

Montreal

#527998 May 1, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>But you are still making a fool out of yourself trying to be wise in something that you neither believe or have any real wisdom about, and continually perpetuating the lie that "I hate gay people" or anyone else for that matter is not going to make it a reality.
Cherry-picking bigot...you can't "have wisdom" about the bible. The bible contains very little that is true in it. Many upon many of the of the stories have been proven wrong time and time again.

It's like saying that you can "have wisdom about" leprechauns.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#527999 May 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It's like arguing with a random thought generator.
And how can you respect the conclusions or opinions of such a mind?
I'm a random thought generator.

Do you not respect my opinions and conclusions?

Never mind, I haven't come to a conclusion but I do have opinions.

That's not really true but I'm a liar. That's not true.

Montreal

#528000 May 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler has no influence on my views on homosexuality.
You have the same views as Hitler though.

Montreal

#528001 May 1, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>A believer IN Christ would, never need defending from the likes of yourself my pathetic friend.
In other words, you have nothing to back your claims up and they're all empty.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528002 May 1, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
Is there any evidence that atheism is true?
Atheism can't be true - or false. It's not a claim. It is the rejection of god claims for lack of evidence.

The question of whether gods are actual or even possible cannot be answered at this time. But that is not an issue, because it needn't be answered. What does need answering is whether one needs to worship any particular god or follow any particular religion to avoid divine punishment. That question can be answered.

There is more than just evidence that the Christian god does not exist. That is provable. Do you need to see that proof again?

There is probably no god. Science and mathematics each offer evidence that supports this position, even if they do not prove it.

Thus there is ample evidence that unbelief is a valid position, and that irreligiosity a valid life decision, even if unknown gods that have not threatened us cannot be ruled.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#528003 May 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Meaningless mumbo jumbo.
...and if the bible is meaningless mumbo jumbo to you, well naturally then it should compute everything you say, will be meaningless mumbo jumbo to me. that should have been obvious.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528004 May 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Is "Guantanomoe" like "Guantanolarry", "Guantanocurly" or "Guantanoshemp"?
LOL. It's like a modern Hogan's Heroes.

"Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481536/

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#528005 May 1, 2013
I don't need to defend God. A little chump like you God won't have a problem with
[QUOTE who="MisterCharrington "]<quoted text>
Is this what you`re reduced to in defence of your god?
"Prove you went to Germany".
Germany indisputably exists, now returning to our original point, pretend it doesn`t.
Kind of feels like religion doesn`t it?
you should know, aren't you an atheist?

I know germany exist, prove to me you went there. then I will prove God to you ~~grin~~

Montreal

#528006 May 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting boooots. One is the belief that a God does exist and one is a belief that God does not exist. In my oppinion both are beliefs. But I understand where you are comming from. Thanks for sharing. In my exsperience, most do believe because someone told them to believe or tought that they should. And most do not want anyone to question what they teach and most don't question. I have run into many conflicts because I have always questioned. While in my searching I have come to believe God does exist and most people don't have a clue. And you have come to believe that God doesn't exist and most people don't have a clue (This in my words not yours so I could be wrong in your view) Our conclusion on God is different but our conclusion that most people follow people blindly is the same. I have told people as long as I can remember that if they question something they should question it. Not out of an I know it all attitude but out of a heart that seeks the truth. I guess what I am saying is I see some truth in your search and I can relate to that search. Not out of disrespect for your view, but because I do believe, I say may you find the truth of God. Just as you might say may I find the truth of not God. I wish you well.
Though to say atheism is a belief in no god is a negative claim, I can say you believe there is no fndbdbsn god.
I can make up any words or just jumble letters together and say you are a BELIEVER when it comes to the nonexistence of it.

Disbelieving isn't a belief.
Atheism is the lack of belief, disbelief, because there is a lack of evidence for your god.
If there was any actual and credible evidence brought forward that proved your god exists, then we would not need to "believe" in it because its existence would be a fact.
Although that is not the case.

Montreal

#528007 May 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I have a scat fetish.
I do not wish to discuss your odd fantasies.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#528008 May 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a random thought generator.
Do you not respect my opinions and conclusions?
Never mind, I haven't come to a conclusion but I do have opinions.
That's not really true but I'm a liar. That's not true.
The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Montreal

#528009 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>That is correct. He have no weapons against faith. All we have is evidence and reason.

[1] "Water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. What if someone says,“Well, that’s not how I choose to think about water. All we can do is appeal to scientific values. And if he doesn’t share those values, the conversation is over." - Sam Harris

[2]“You do not reason a man out of something he was not reasoned into.”- Jonathan Swift

[3]“Reason and faith are opposites, two mutually exclusive terms: there is no reconciliation or common ground. Faith is belief without, or in spite of, reason.”- George H. Smith

[4] "If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" - Sam Harris
I like that last one a lot.

Montreal

#528010 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>I'd blame him for that if I believed he existed. What good would free will do me in such a world, where it might land me in hell? I would rather be given the same will that he was given.

Our free will would be for that god's benefit, not ours. He's the one who has the taste for souls that could have rejected him.
It's like telling a slave that they have free will, but they'll be hunted down night and day if they don't do exactly as they're told every minute of every day.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#528011 May 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...and if the bible is meaningless mumbo jumbo to you, well naturally then it should compute everything you say, will be meaningless mumbo jumbo to me. that should have been obvious.
Your mumbo jumbo is obvious.

salesh ki un do

Montreal

#528012 May 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was because you wanted to rebel against Cinderella's stepmother.
:-)
She stole my glass slippers.

Montreal

#528014 May 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if he wears blended fabrics? That's in Leviticus too.

We'll get you to pull up his shirt - only to check.
I've already asked him. He gave me the hypocritical "that rule is outdated but not the small part of the bible that might be talking about homosexuals."

Montreal

#528015 May 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, is that why you named yourself after him in early posts?
He did?

Montreal

#528016 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>I have no respect for your gay friends if they know how you feel and still consider you a friend. They should repudiate you.
His "gay friends" are probably just effeminate males who are straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min It aint necessari... 773,859
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 96,726
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 min Johnny 4,724
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Chris Clearwater 175,544
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 558,997
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min MUQ1 265,012
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 19 min lisa 2,422
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web