“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#527883 Apr 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Thank you for your opinion. You have not established that the rise in Protestantism accounts for the attrition of Catholics. In fact, the opposite can be shown. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Mexi... :

"Roman Catholics are 82.7% of the total population, down from 96% in 1970." That's a drop of about 13.3%. The pie chart at the top of the same page indicates that the fraction of non-Catholic Christians is 9.7%. Even if that number were 0% in 1970, it still only accounts for 2/3 of the lost Catholics.

This is the kind of thing that you don't do. You just blurt out unsupported opinions.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And what you do is find the words you want and copy/paste them to 'support' you. But you fail to keep reading. From your link: "Protestantism is also on the rise as it offers a less legalistic and hierarchical version of Christianity"
I guess that I need to roll the boulder up the hill a little more, since once again, your mind has slipped tracks.

I know that Protestantism is on the rise in Mexico. I never claimed otherwise. Let's review:

I claimed that "Christianity is dying in both Canada and Mexico" I cited a statistic showing a fall in Catholicism. You implied that this was offset by an equivalent rise in Protestantism. I debunked that with the post quoted at the top of this one, which indicated that Protestantism is on the rise in Mexico, but not enough to support your claim.

And all your little alcohol soaked mind can come up with is that my source said that Protestantism is on the rise.

You're a moron, Dung. A moron. You're not smart enough to discuss this matter. Your mind wanders. You can't stay on point.

Fennario

#527884 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Deceitful little worm" is very appropriate for you, as I've never written; "Dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse."
You're a liar.
Perhaps it was Adam who said it. Or another of you Borg. If so, my mistake. You have my sincerest apologies, maggot.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#527885 Apr 30, 2013
Correction.

In this post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

"It was your initiated by your initial comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."

Should read:

It was your initiated by your comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#527886 Apr 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your initiated by your initial comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."

Then you made the comment: "I know. It's hysterical when their own logic is used against them."
I pointed out where your logic was faulty and that comment, "I know. It's hysterical when their own logic is used against them.", is what urged me to respond.
Understand?

Okay, whether you understand this or not, when you made the comment about Germany, you were asserting that for a person to choose to not believe Germany exists, was somehow similar or akin to a person not choosing to have a theist belief that your deity exists.
That isn't the same.
It's the same to me. You can point to Germany on a Map. The Earth declares God:

Psalm 19:1
The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

The existence of the Earth, Plants, Animals, Human Being and this Universe, is as obvious of God's existence, as Germany exist.

It's the same, to me. What your logic have to with me? the logic of a supposed atheist, is foolishness.

Fennario

#527887 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I agree with what you're implying, that most of the people in BC were pretty ignorant. That's why I do believe that the bible is inspired by the hand of God. What other explanation is there?
<quoted text>
I didn't say the men that wrote the bible were ignorant, did I?
You deceitful little worm.
What pushed your button this time? You went apoplectic when I said that your bible described a flat earth. Is it alcohol? You're a mean drunk, Christrash.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#527888 Apr 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Correction.
In this post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
"It was your initiated by your initial comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."
Should read:
It was your initiated by your comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."
wth...

It was initiated by your comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#527889 Apr 30, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Where is that written Booooots? Never heard that before?
Now that you ask, I have done a rather extensive search and cannot find examples. I may have to admit that I have confused belief in a flat eath to a belief that the sun orbited around the earth, for which some famous men were executed, only those that I foudn were exectued for a number of actions against the church inclduing that one.

Giordano Bruno was one person who was executed for his opinions that went against church beliefs of the time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

Galileo, who was given a job that Bruno had applied, for was given a very hard time for his findings also, though he was not executed for them.

I will have to concede that particular claim I made may have been in error, at least until such time as I find the information that I had seen a while back concerning that.

In any event we know that many people were executed by Christians, even in the New World, for things which they should not have been but which those who accused them were claiming they were going against Christian beliefs.

I will now quietly try to sneak out a back door with my head down.

This however doesn't alter at all my lack of belief in a god, but perhaps it shows that I too, like believers can make claims that are false, or at least not known to be true.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#527890 Apr 30, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You may find sooner rather than later that while Trifecta 1 and I may have differing beliefs, I will stand with him in several instances against people like you who stir up an ants nest then whine and moan about being bitten.
All you have to do is reason out your frustrations and not try to be so disrespectful to others all the time. Even though you're the gay, you still have a voice, but when you try stepping all over people's faith, you will find you will be returned the favor.
I hope you decide to understand and not be stubborn.
CS.
So now you're trying to say that getting equality is "stepping all over people's faith"?

Or are you saying that calling you out on your bigotry is "stepping all over people's faith"?

Montreal

#527891 Apr 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Your pro homosexual comment has nothing to do with what I had posted.
Really?
Because Hitler was even less of a fan of gays, and so you are showing qualities that make you similar to Hitler.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#527892 Apr 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, kind of like in your face humor..........
Been to Guantanomoe lately?
I have been to Cuba.

I have not visited Guantanamo.

Why do you ask?

Montreal

#527893 Apr 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> what is it to you?
What's Charrington's travels to you?

Fennario

#527894 Apr 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
@HL
Your arguments are weak and devoid of any religion based logic. Everything homosexual even slightly gay is wicked in the eyes of the LORD. The LORD loathes gay friendly arguments like those from you and your friends.
"Religious based logic"? We try to avoid that scrupulously.

Your "lord" is a mythological creature, like Pan.

Montreal

#527895 Apr 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Having religious people think objectively about their religion is like asking a six year old to be objective about Santa Claus.
No, because that is more plausible.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#527896 Apr 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughing at you. Its funny. I had a good day here and then caught up on a bit of news. So an nba "star" comes out and says I have sex with other men. Then the Pres of the U.S. gives him a call. Its called "courageous" by some. Mind you, this is the same Pres. that could not be bothered by the events that led to the deaths of real "courageous" people in Benghazi, Libya. Could it be that just perhaps that aren't so many that have homophobia as you and others say just about every day (at least here on topix) and might just be blowback from some that think its not "courageous" at all? Words mean things and we are witness to many of these words meaning somthing they don't with some people.
Good evening Chris. I know that we are not in full agreement over President Obama, but I do agree with you that that his standing behind someone openly admitting that they are homosexual is disgusting to say the least, not only that, but the idea that so much of the media and sports related people touting this "man" as someone noble and a potential leader of his fellow gays is off of the charts dispicable, this nation is headed for Hell.

Montreal

#527897 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More idle threats from monsieur l'homophobe.
What's he going to do?
Reply with more extremely long posts that I won't read?

Long Beach, CA

#527898 Apr 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bigot, how are you going to put Christians in the "dustbin" as you posted before? I do thankyou for once again showing you hate on display for a good part of the people.
You misread my post.

I'm not going to put anybody anywhere.

What I said was that homophobes will be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Yeah, you.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#527899 Apr 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you ask, I have done a rather extensive search and cannot find examples. I may have to admit that I have confused belief in a flat eath to a belief that the sun orbited around the earth, for which some famous men were executed, only those that I foudn were exectued for a number of actions against the church inclduing that one.
Giordano Bruno was one person who was executed for his opinions that went against church beliefs of the time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno
Galileo, who was given a job that Bruno had applied, for was given a very hard time for his findings also, though he was not executed for them.
I will have to concede that particular claim I made may have been in error, at least until such time as I find the information that I had seen a while back concerning that.
In any event we know that many people were executed by Christians, even in the New World, for things which they should not have been but which those who accused them were claiming they were going against Christian beliefs.
I will now quietly try to sneak out a back door with my head down.
This however doesn't alter at all my lack of belief in a god, but perhaps it shows that I too, like believers can make claims that are false, or at least not known to be true.
Good to know that you are willing to further research an argument and can weight the data available. That leads me to believe you are in a stronger position to exchange ideas.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#527900 Apr 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I have to wonder what do some think is going to happen? A good part of this population knows how to live right as the bible shows that. Nothing good can come from this manipulation going on in this nation.
Indeed, God is not mocked, and as with an individual, the same applies for a people as a whole, they shall reap the whirlwind tragically enough.

Long Beach, CA

#527901 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice post, amigo.
Muchas gracias, paisano.

Fennario

#527902 Apr 30, 2013
What can bible study yield that is anything like that? Nothing at all, which is why I rejected Riverside Redneck's comparison of the benefit of studying to neuroscience to studying his bible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're stupid, man. I never made that claim.
What claim, maggot?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I was comparing your "I've read the bible so I know it" to "I've read a neuroscience book so I know it". Neither can be understood simply by reading a book.
Of course your bible can be understood just by reading it. But why bother?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min thewordofme 743,644
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min ChristineM 228,557
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 17 min Johnny 3,354
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 545,056
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,283
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Mandela 36,919
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 1 hr ash666 28
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 hr Sexy bottom 975