Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#528008 May 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a random thought generator.
Do you not respect my opinions and conclusions?
Never mind, I haven't come to a conclusion but I do have opinions.
That's not really true but I'm a liar. That's not true.
The floggings will continue until morale improves.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#528009 May 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct. He have no weapons against faith. All we have is evidence and reason.

[1] "Water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. What if someone says,“Well, that’s not how I choose to think about water. All we can do is appeal to scientific values. And if he doesn’t share those values, the conversation is over." - Sam Harris

[2]“You do not reason a man out of something he was not reasoned into.”- Jonathan Swift

[3]“Reason and faith are opposites, two mutually exclusive terms: there is no reconciliation or common ground. Faith is belief without, or in spite of, reason.”- George H. Smith

[4] "If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" - Sam Harris
I like that last one a lot.

Montreal

#528010 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>I'd blame him for that if I believed he existed. What good would free will do me in such a world, where it might land me in hell? I would rather be given the same will that he was given.

Our free will would be for that god's benefit, not ours. He's the one who has the taste for souls that could have rejected him.
It's like telling a slave that they have free will, but they'll be hunted down night and day if they don't do exactly as they're told every minute of every day.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#528011 May 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...and if the bible is meaningless mumbo jumbo to you, well naturally then it should compute everything you say, will be meaningless mumbo jumbo to me. that should have been obvious.
Your mumbo jumbo is obvious.

salesh ki un do

Montreal

#528012 May 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was because you wanted to rebel against Cinderella's stepmother.
:-)
She stole my glass slippers.

Montreal

#528014 May 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if he wears blended fabrics? That's in Leviticus too.

We'll get you to pull up his shirt - only to check.
I've already asked him. He gave me the hypocritical "that rule is outdated but not the small part of the bible that might be talking about homosexuals."

Montreal

#528015 May 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, is that why you named yourself after him in early posts?
He did?

Montreal

#528016 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>I have no respect for your gay friends if they know how you feel and still consider you a friend. They should repudiate you.
His "gay friends" are probably just effeminate males who are straight.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#528017 May 1, 2013
What warning is given in the Bible concerning unbelief.

Take head brethren lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God.Hebrews 3:12

Location hidden

#528018 May 1, 2013
In whom does the Lord have no pleasure.

But if any man draw back,My soul shall have no pleasure in him. Hebrews 10:38

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#528019 May 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The floggings will continue until morale improves.
Thank you sir, may I have another?

Location hidden

#528020 May 1, 2013
Against what are we warned when rebuked of God.

My son despise not thou the chastening of the Lord nor faint when thou are rebuked of Him.
Hebrews 12:5

Location hidden

#528021 May 1, 2013
Whom does the Lord chasten.

For whom the lord loveth He chasteneth and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth.
Hebrews 12:6

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528022 May 1, 2013
Lauren and Kat wrote:
you are a person who may not be perfect but is worth something to this world Jesus died for our sins he loves you for who you TRULY are!!!!
If a historical Jesus was ever crucified, he died for his own crimes.

I'm not aware of another person in history who was convicted in unrelated courts of unrelated crimes under unrelated legal codes, and sentenced to death by both. The Sanhedrin convicted him of blasphemy, and the Romans of sedition. Not even Dahmer or Bundy can touch that,

There's more: You might say that Jesus was informally sentenced to death a third time, when the crowd was given a choice between seeing him or Barabbas executed, and they chose Jesus for death.

Nobody liked that guy.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#528023 May 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What warning is given in the Bible concerning unbelief.
Take head brethren
I have anger issues. I do.

I sometimes lash out to nobody's benefit.

I try and I try to control my anger.

When I succeed, it comes out in humor.

Nuff said bout dat.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#528024 May 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
In whom does the Lord have no pleasure.
But if any man draw back,My soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Really?

Too easy.

Sorry.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#528025 May 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Whom does the Lord chasten.
For whom the lord loveth He chasteneth and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth.
Biting my tongue really hurts. No really.

Location hidden

#528026 May 1, 2013
Examples of and lessons from unbelief.

What kind of report did the ten spies bring back concerning the promise land.

They brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched.Numbers 13:32

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#528027 May 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your initiated by your initial comment that "unbelief is a choice", and then your subsequent comment "Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes."
Okay, whether you understand this or not, when you made the comment about Germany, you were asserting that for a person to choose to not believe Germany exists, was somehow similar or akin to a person not choosing to have a theist belief that your deity exists.
That isn't the same.
Then you made the comment: "I know. It's hysterical when their own logic is used against them."
I pointed out where your logic was faulty and that comment, "I know. It's hysterical when their own logic is used against them.", is what urged me to respond.
Understand?
Good luck with that.

I'll bet that this conversation has felt a little like rolling a boulder uphill. It's like trying to explain gravity to a chicken.

Location hidden

#528028 May 1, 2013
Examples of and lessons from unbelief.

What did Caleb say of the ability of Israel to take it.

Let us go up at once and posses it;for we are well able to overcome it.Numbers 13:30

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Richard The Lion... 79,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Acts4-12-BY ONLY ... 701,481
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 2 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 2 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 2 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752