Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#527926 Apr 30, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
If I could, I would like to ask for opinions on Ann Coulter’s comment about the wearing of a Hijab? I have been chewing on this one for a few days now. For those of you who have not read or watched the newscast that I am talking about:
Coulter went on an anti-Muslim tirade on conservative opinion show “Hannity” Monday night, saying the wife of dead Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsnarnaev should be imprisoned for wearing a Muslim veil.
“I don’t care if she knew about this,” Coulter told Sean Hannity, the host of the Fox News show.“She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab.”
It is not illegal in the United States to wear hijabs.
Found here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/ann-...
A Christian woman, on national news - states that an American born citizen should be imprisoned simply for a clothing item? Where is the line when it comes to comments such as the one above?
The hijab isn't the problem. It's what they could easily conceal underneath one that is.
:-(

The full-face burqa even more so

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#527927 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahaha......a psychologist you are not, and if anything you may need some treatment yourself, the only reason that you see the word gay or homosexuality in my posts is because others here bring the subject up to me, and I defend my position on it based sorely off of God's Wo0rd which is who condemns it, if you and your fellow unbelievers drop the subject then I won't speak of it anymore either, now just drop the matter and go about your nights prowling because you may not have too many hours of night time left yet, lol.
Correction: WORD..........

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#527928 Apr 30, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy n' paste.
Poor understanding of the topic.
Poor grasp of scripture.
Poor interpretational skills and...
A woeful, dismal attitude.
You have failed me for the last time Mr. IANS. No more turning the other cheek, for I see you hiding the brass knuckles behind your back. I won't even say nice try because it's an Epic Failure on your part.
Counter_Strike.
Enlighten us, goofy.

Please identify his err.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#527929 Apr 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Boooots
What does the Bible Say about homosexuals?
The places where the English word "homosexual" occurs in the Bible are found in two verses:
1 Cor. 6:9, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." (NASB, ESV, NIV,)
1 Tim. 1:10, "realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted." (NASB, ESV)
In Each case, the Greek word used for homosexual is
arsenokoites. Here is what it means according to Greek dictionaries.
gen. arsenokoítou, masc. noun, from árse n a male, and koít a bed. A man who lies in bed with another male, a homosexual Cor. 6:9,Tim. 1:10 Lev. 18:22; Rom. 1:27])
male homosexual, one who takes the active male role in homosexual intercourse (1Co 6:9), specifically interpreted as male homosexual paedophilia (nab footnote); possibly a more generic term in first Timothy; sodomites (rsv, nrsv, nkjv), perverts (niv, neb, reb), practicing homosexuals (nab), homosexual (njb),(1Ti 1:10+), note: translations possibly use certain specific terms to infer or allow certain theologies. Swanson, J.(1997). Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Greek (New Testament)(electronic ed.). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc
Personally I don't care what the Bible says about homosexuals, if anything, any more than I care about what it says about stoning sons who disobey, or women should not be heard in the churches, or many of the commands to destroy all the living people of a village or nation because a few had displeased this mythical God, or that a rape victim must marry her rapist, and so on.

Ancient people had some very weird ideas, some which we still see in the more backward nations of the world today. That doesn't mean the rest of us have not grown past such barbaric practices.

Those of us who have grown up a little have seen that man's mistreatment of other men, based on ancient beliefs has led to nothing but horror and death to millions. Looking after each other in ways that we can see, rather than denigrating each other for reasons we cannot see, nor can we find any proof that any deity ever made such claims, will never make the world a better place.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#527930 Apr 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
None at all, but atheism is not a belief, it is a lack of a belief.
I'm sure you believe that, but what evidence caused you to come to that decision?

Location hidden

#527931 Apr 30, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know that you are willing to further research an argument and can weight the data available. That leads me to believe you are in a stronger position to exchange ideas.
It has always been in my interest to exchange ideas and opinions on these threads. I love discussions for that purpose. Sadly since I first came onto Topix in 2010, the sites that I was on in the beginning had all deteriorated into a fight between who were the worst Christians for their bigotry towards other people, and which ones told the most lies, but still tried to pass themselves off as Christians. That became such a part of my daily life on here, that exchanging intelligent ideas kind of got shoved to the back burner.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#527932 Apr 30, 2013
Jason Colins deceives the people with presidential help from Obama when he compares his sexual orientation with the situation of black ppl in america.

Location hidden

#527933 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> The power to correctly divide the scriptures Boooosts comes from God's spirit alone, and it is understood by all who believe on him, again, since your mind and heart are closed to these things, it is not surprising in the least that you cannot understand it, to analogize it this way for you, if something is going on inside of a building with people in it witnessing the happenings, then how can you know what is going on inside when YOU are on the OUTside of the building with no way to look in?
Yes, you have said that many times, Lawest, and it is as meaningless this time as it always has been. For that reason after this post I am not going to post replies to that kind of reasoning again. It is a waste of time, because we obviously are not speaking in terms that will ever convince the other of anything.

The existence of God or the evidence for God or the lack of evidence has nothing whatsoever to do with my willingness or lack thereof to believe. Therefore I am stopping that line of thinking and responding to that line of thinking here.
Adam

#527934 Apr 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I don't care what the Bible says about homosexuals, if anything, any more than I care about what it says about stoning sons who disobey, or women should not be heard in the churches, or many of the commands to destroy all the living people of a village or nation because a few had displeased this mythical God, or that a rape victim must marry her rapist, and so on.
Ancient people had some very weird ideas, some which we still see in the more backward nations of the world today. That doesn't mean the rest of us have not grown past such barbaric practices.
Those of us who have grown up a little have seen that man's mistreatment of other men, based on ancient beliefs has led to nothing but horror and death to millions. Looking after each other in ways that we can see, rather than denigrating each other for reasons we cannot see, nor can we find any proof that any deity ever made such claims, will never make the world a better place.
I know you don´t care about the bible. The laws are not meant for you. You are way above it.
Adam

#527935 Apr 30, 2013
Obamas also think they are above the Bible.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#527936 Apr 30, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
It is un-American of me to say that an American citizen should not be called out to be imprisoned, simply due to a religious symbol she chooses to put on.....think For a moment......
Not just because of her headscarf, after all the Virgin Mary wore one.

I do think that thing ought to be imprisoned - and waterboarded - for being a terrorist's bitch.
Adam

#527937 Apr 30, 2013

Obama and Collins are "love like blood". No pride only shame.
Adam

#527938 Apr 30, 2013
This song is my forth Reich theme song no gayness.
Adam

#527939 Apr 30, 2013
Fourth Reich
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#527940 Apr 30, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This account has been suspended due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, gaming, misleading content, or other Terms of Service violations."
Dumbass :)
He certainly is, that one.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#527941 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I like third base.
Ahhh, but don't u have to get past first base before that?
:-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#527942 Apr 30, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, but don't u have to get past first base before that?
:-)
Not with RR. He simply dismisses or ignores those facts of progression to third base. In fact, I don't know why he doesn't just stay at home plate and tell the obvious lie that he hit a home run.
That's why I hardly ever interact with him in any rational discourse. It always ends up with the same "base stealing", or his totally breaking the rules of honesty and fair discussion.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#527943 Apr 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
None at all, but atheism is not a belief, it is a lack of a belief. It you want evidence of something you have to look to people who have a belief in something and ask them for the evidence, if you don't see it yourself.
Though I was a believing Christian for over 40 years, I based my belief on the fact that I trusted in what others, who I respected, had taught me, and because in my own small world, living the life of a believer seemed to be okay. What I hadn't taken into consideration, but have since realized is those who had taught me what to believe had been similarly taught to also believe it, and to not question it.
Perhaps the problem is that I, through getting more education than any of my ancestors, and also being a very inquisitive personality, came to realize over time that there was no substance or facts behind anything I had been taught, other than I do think a few of the rules that were associated with that belief but did not originate with it, are good rules.
There is definite4ly nothing wrong, IMO, with attempting to always do what you would want others to do. That causes the least amount of conflict between humans.

Interesting boooots. One is the belief that a God does exist and one is a belief that God does not exist. In my oppinion both are beliefs. But I understand where you are comming from. Thanks for sharing. In my exsperience, most do believe because someone told them to believe or tought that they should. And most do not want anyone to question what they teach and most don't question. I have run into many conflicts because I have always questioned. While in my searching I have come to believe God does exist and most people don't have a clue. And you have come to believe that God doesn't exist and most people don't have a clue (This in my words not yours so I could be wrong in your view) Our conclusion on God is different but our conclusion that most people follow people blindly is the same. I have told people as long as I can remember that if they question something they should question it. Not out of an I know it all attitude but out of a heart that seeks the truth. I guess what I am saying is I see some truth in your search and I can relate to that search. Not out of disrespect for your view, but because I do believe, I say may you find the truth of God. Just as you might say may I find the truth of not God. I wish you well.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#527944 Apr 30, 2013
Yes, the Earth does declare God: Psalm 19:1 For the director of music. A psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Pretty clear cut to me. Why is isn't clear cut to you, does not really matter. So the Earth declares God. More obvious than a map of Germany really.
[QUOTE who="scaritual"]< quoted text>
Your bible isn't the same as a map, in that it doesn't refer to a verifiable and physical place that your mythic deity can be located at, and the bible relies on a faith supported religious belief.
Germany exists as a verifiable place that can be located on a map, and with a map, you can locate Germany, a verifiable and physical place, and it does not rely on a faith supported religious belief to do so.
<quoted text>The earth is the earth. The earth doesn't "declare" anything.
Verb: declare
1. State emphatically and authoritatively
2. Announce publicly or officially
3. State firmly that something is true
4. Judge or state to be
5. Authorize payments of
6.(bridge) designate (a trump suit or no-trump) with the final bid of a hand
7. Make a declaration (of dutiable goods) to a customs official
8. Proclaim one's support, sympathy, or opinion for or against
WordWeb Pro 6.6
<quoted text> Nope.
Your mind is all over the place and you're jumping between literal reality and faith based deity belief.
The existence of Germany is based in our commonly shared reality(unbiased evidence(S) supporting its existence, convincing to theists and non theists).
Your deity belief is a biased and faith supported religious belief(only convincing to the believers in your deity).
<quoted text>
That's why your logic is faulty.
<quoted text>
Reality that doesn't utilize faith based belief as evidence.
<quoted text>
Don't be angry.
You just don't have the noetic ability to understand.
I'm not angry at all, no reason to be. Your foundation logic and reasoning I scoff at. It's a belief that is the most asinine in existence. You claim the the BANG! declares all lol.

My logic is my logic. It's for me, not you. Your logic says everything came from naught. Now there is some faulty logic lol!. Again, asinine.

Well duh! of course Christianity only convinces Christians. Atheism only convinces atheists. Hinduism only convinces Hindus. You're a real Sherlock Holmes aren't you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#527945 Apr 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
We accept that God may be not visible, but the very fact that not one piece of evidence has ever been discovered by man to prove there is a God, does tend to make us somewhat doubtful, and so we do not have a belief in a god.
So?
That's your business, see to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Happy Lesbo 864,917
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Lbj 2,010
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 599,813
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min bad bob 177,611
"This is A.C.! I have Walter in the car!! He's ... 45 min Doctor REALITY 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min Student 40,886
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min RADEKT 272,419
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr Frannie 44
White Lives MATTER 14 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web