Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#527848 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not pretending to be God, but of course anyone Blessed with the knowledge of God's Word and can rightly divide the scriptures, would likely seem like a God to you, and there is not a bigger fool than someone who refuse to believe in any of God's Word because of an Apostle that don't like and so consider that part of the Bible to be non-legitimate, and argue in favor of a book like Thomas, which God didn't allow to be included in the Bible for obvious reasons, if THAT is not a FOOL..........then I don't know what is.
Strangely I have never found that someone blessed with God's Word and who can rightly divide the scripture seems like a God. Actually I guess the more correct way to say that is I have never seen someone who can do that, and especially those posting on this site, however I know that you may believe 100% what you are saying is right, and that is okay, but I am 100% positive that you do not have the power you claim nor do you have the knowledge of God you claim.

Getting back to a much used cliche, which I have even seen believers using it in the opposite way, is that if anyone on earth actually knew for sure that God exists or that the Bible is absolutely true, then we would not be having this conversation.

Because of the power that a belief in a god holds over such a huge number of humans, such knowledge would be spread so fast and everyone would know it so quickly that only those who had no contact with other people in the world would be the only ones left to not believe.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#527849 Apr 30, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Trifecta 1. Unfortunately, may be a wasted post on someone who set their feet in quick dry cement, never again to be removed from final choice concerning his destiny.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
True thing. To me though it's his choice to keep his feet in quick dry cement and keep drowning for all eternity. I just hope no Christian on this billboard ever let them think there is any hope for them outside of Jesus Christ. If they keep rejecting Jesus Christ and keep they foot in the quick dry cement, at least they know it's totally on them and Christianity never tell them no doctrine to help them keep they foot there.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#527850 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You provide a perfect example of the damage that religion inflicts on society, and the pain it inflicts on individuals.

Fortunately, there has been a seismic change over the past few years, and you troglodytes will quickly be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Jason Collins's statement yesterday, and the support he has received from his fellow NBA players, is an indication of the monumental shift that is taking place.

Insults are all you will have left, and but for your fellow homophobes, they will not be well received.
Nice post, amigo.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#527851 Apr 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
And what does your comment, have to do with [me]?
This is an open forum. I decided to respond to your comment. Logic should tell you that without needing to ask.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#527853 Apr 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me...
extremely brief explanation of a very complicated order....
Truth, Justice, fairness, and the order in the cognitive mind by which it is evaluated and related to the recognized environment in the dimensions we are subject to, and to which it is applied by the individual through thought, voice and action. It is not an abstract which is "imposed" by supernatural entity, It is the construct of unconscious and conscious determination of events and their evaluations of order and importance in the all of existence of the individual and his effectual environment.. This manifests as conscious thought, speech, and action, and is formulated as "moral law".
Well said. I believe Mr. Catchum is happy that you answered it for him.

:)

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#527854 Apr 30, 2013
Is there any evidence that atheism is true?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#527856 Apr 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> arrogance and pride is what makes the athiest a fool.. and that is why it is so easy to use their own logic against them.
Another great comment. God bless

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#527857 Apr 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's irrelevant. Laundry detergent to wash clothes or detergent to wash dishes where you pit your food are clean, yet you would not drink it. Your reasoning is absurd.
A man having sex with a woman the juices from her vagina on his sexual organ, are not dirty. There is no filth smeared on him.
When you have sex with your make partner, it's Filth that's on you. Literal Filth. English language defined filth.
That makes you a filthy vile human being, and I'm being kind, the English language describes you as worse.
An anus is an organ to excrete Filth. There is filth where you purposely smear yourself. There are no filth in a healthy vagina.
Stop trying to run away from what you are.
LOL...I couldn't have said it any better, yet the smeared painting called Lacez will again try not to see the logic in your reply. A reply better directed at someone with at least have decent reasoning ability.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#527858 Apr 30, 2013
>that's half decent<

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#527859 Apr 30, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
Is there any evidence that atheism is true?
The atheist will say sure there is. Because you can't see God, he not there oy!lol!...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#527861 Apr 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an open forum. I decided to respond to your comment. Logic should tell you that without needing to ask.
You can respond, but your writings have issues about deity beliefs and religion and faith lochness monsters and sea monsters and so forth.

So again, what your writing have to do with me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#527862 Apr 30, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I couldn't have said it any better, yet the smeared painting called Lacez will again try not to see the logic in your reply. A reply better directed at someone with at least have decent reasoning ability.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
I think he see the logic because he did not make an attempt to answer that writing. Maybe since he see you bring it up now he will get brave and make an attempt. We can only hope.

Fennario

#527863 Apr 30, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're quoting a flat earth website to back your position, which coincidentally coincides with what atheist websites say. Imagine that.
It was the resource you plagiarized. Were you unaware of that?

Did you think that you could quote it to support a point that you wanted to make, but that I couldn't?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're agreeing with young earth creationists that have interpreted "waters above the firmament" as an actual 'water canopy' that used to surround the earth.
What? I didn't agree with that.

Fennario

#527865 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The reason I disagree is because of what is said in this passage:

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.(Genesis 1:14-16)

This verse says that the Sun, Moon, and Stars are IN the firmament. Therefore, applying the rules of grammar and logic, those waters that are above the firmament must be above the Sun, Moon and Stars. That means these waters are above the visible cosmos. For some this is a hard pill to swallow, but that is exactly what the Bible is saying.
How does any of this support your position that the bible definitely does not suggest that a physical dome sits over a flat earth? Wasn't that your position. I claimed that the bible indicated exactly that to many people for centuries, and supported it with a Google link showing multiple illustrations of a snow globe: http://snipurl.com/26x9l1j . Scaritual provided another.

But you said that neither of us understood the bible, and that you knew better. We're still waiting to see upon what basis you made that claim. Surely you don't think that the scripture that you just quoted does that - or do you?

Fennario

#527866 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
those waters that are above the firmament must be above the Sun, Moon and Stars. That means these waters are above the visible cosmos.
Yes, that is what was believed. And it was shown in many of the illustrations I just linked to. Look at this one:
http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/308/OTco...

Here is another such illustration:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/cosmo_bibl2...

That page describes you to a T:

"Almost all conservative Christians believe that God inspired the authors of the Bible to write inerrant, error-free text. Thus, those biblical passages which describe or imply cosmology must refer to a spherical earth revolving around the sun, which is an average star in an average galaxy. If, when the passages are interpreted literally, they conflict with reality, then they must be interpreted symbolically."

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#527867 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical religionist copout.
Copout? I wouldn't accuse you of being smart enough to understand.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#527868 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another empty threat from the Jefferson, South Carolina religious bigot.
Your assumption is noted.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#527869 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another empty threat.
You are no more than a coward, you know.
So says they that quake while wearing waterboots standing in their own mess.

Besides, if you think that was a threat, clearly Mr. Frisco, you need to stay in a Compton motel for a week to get a clear idea what a threat looks or sounds like.

Get a grip and stop shivering.

CS.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#527870 Apr 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You can respond, but your writings have issues about deity beliefs and religion and faith lochness monsters and sea monsters and so forth.
So again, what your writing have to do with me?
The post that I responded to had to do with not believing in your deity because of the lack of substantiated evidences or proofs, or believing in your deity based upon erroneous or faulty evidences or proofs, and refers back to these posts:

trifecta1 wrote:
And unbelief, is a choice.

To which MisterCharrington replied that:
MisterCharrington wrote:
....choose to believe in leprechauns...just for 10 minutes.

You replied back:
trifecta1 wrote:
Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes.

To which "Adam" replied:
Adam wrote:
That was funny.

You said this in response to Adam:
trifecta1 wrote:
I know. It's hysterical when their own logic is used against them.

Which is what I replied to, here:

My comment had nothing to do with your comment to MisterCarrinton that he needed to prove to you he'd been to Germany.

Fennario

#527871 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You read them as if they're incorrect and mythological. That's also a confirmation bias and an error.
Nope. Most of the bible reading I did was as a believer. If I had a confirmation bias, it was the same as yours now, and the one I just cited about you:

"Almost all conservative Christians believe that God inspired the authors of the Bible to write inerrant, error-free text. Thus, those biblical passages which describe or imply cosmology must refer to a spherical earth revolving around the sun, which is an average star in an average galaxy. If, when the passages are interpreted literally, they conflict with reality, then they must be interpreted symbolically. "

That's a confirmation bias. It's a way of selectively ignoring the parts you don't like, and emphasizing those that you do. The opinion that the bible is incorrect and mythological is a conclusion drawn from the bible itself, and well supported by evidence and reason.

If it were a confirmation bias, you would be able to show me the scriptures that I am selectively downplaying to support that bias, as I have done with you and your claims about the domed, flat earth. I showed you the scriptures that you are ignoring, which you are ignoring because of a strong confirmation bias.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min WasteWater 4,838
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min ChristineM 753,601
Moses never existed 5 min WasteWater 82
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min gimpyolman 441,492
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 96,413
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min pusherman_ 550,875
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min Zionists just lik... 118,743
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min WasteWater 262,078
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 37 min Johnny 3,804
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 174,539

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE