Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is believed to have been written just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC.
Enuma elish is believed to have been written in the 2nd century, BC.
That would be the Second *Millennium* BCE.

The oldest copy of the Enuma Elish is dated based on archaeological site/discovery evidence from 2000 to 1700 BCE.

http://www.theologywebsite.com/etext/enuma/ei...
http://www.ancient.eu.com/article/225/
http://www.jcu.edu/bible/200/Readings/EnumaEl...

Not the 2nd century.

The 2nd century BCE does, however, correlate to the oldest fragments of the Torah.

"The oldest surviving Hebrew Bible manuscripts date to about the 2nd century BCE (fragmentary)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating_the_Bible
The oldest complete copy of the Torah dates to around 400CE.

"The oldest record of the complete text survives in a Greek translation called the Septuagint, dating to the 4th century CE (Codex Sinaiticus). The oldest extant manuscripts of the vocalized Masoretic text, which modern editions are based upon, date to the 9th century CE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating_the_Bible

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you betting your eternity that the accounts of the BibleJesus not true because the human memory so bad and people forget what really happen eh?.....
Because the 6000 year old stories are engraved in stone that prove the OT is garbled story.
The 200+ texts that the Christians tried to destroy prove the NT is a biased collection of garbled stories.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the other possibility.
That is that we 'believers' are wrong and have wasted our lives on the meaningless and non-existent.
I sincerely hope that no sane deity accepts Pascal's Wager.
It not matter to me.

Because to be a Jesus Follower, means to KNOW Jesus Christ spiritually.

If person not know Jesus Christ spiritually, emotionally, prayerfully, closely, then they just a Christian.

So if a Jesus Follower know Jesus Christ spiritually, they not concerned about meaningless and non existent or pascal wager and all that. Because words like myth or meaningless or wrong or non existent when it comes to the Jesus Follower and Jesus, those words, don't mean anything. The Jesus Follower mostly gloss over those words, because the Jesus Follower know, what they know. And nobody can convince a person that what they know, is not so. The Jesus Follower either will laugh or become apathetic. Some of the time, I just laugh.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the 6000 year old stories are engraved in stone that prove the OT is garbled story.
The 200+ texts that the Christians tried to destroy prove the NT is a biased collection of garbled stories.
And unbelief, is a choice.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stupid, man. I never made that claim.
I was comparing your "I've read the bible so I know it" to "I've read a neuroscience book so I know it".
Neither can be understood simply by reading a book.
Only one of those can be further understood by actually examining physical evidence.

Noun: neuroscience
1. The scientific study of the nervous system

WordWeb Pro 6.6

The nervous system is not a faith supported "belief".

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your god is evolving with man. Apparently, he no longer commands you to not suffer witches, nor hovers above in the clouds. Job 22:14 - "Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us as he goes about in the vaulted heavens."
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
I don't agree, with your statement or Eliphaz's statement.
Oh.

Do you have any reasons for your opinions that others might benefit from reading, or perhaps challenge - or did you just want us to know where you presently are at concerning that issue?

So, you think that Eliphaz was wrong? Me,too. I guess we found common ground right away.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>And unbelief, is a choice.
....choose to believe in leprechauns...just for 10 minutes.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It not matter to me.....
That is the standards religious answer, and close to the truth.

Truth and reality don't matter as long as you think you you are better than everyone else.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
The knowledge of Good and evil is in the heart of every man.
My heart tells me that it is evil to drop a conscious being into fire. It also tells me that it is evil to keep him conscious just so that he can suffer endlessly to the benefit of nobody.

What do you think? Evil, as my heart reports to me, or perfect love?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>As I have [repeated] many times, you becoming a believer in Jesus Christ, is the job, of YHWH Almighty.
That not my job. And Jesus never tell anyone to make anyone a believer in him. Jesus say for [me] to believe, and that what I do. Each person must believe on their own. Each person is responsible for their belief, or unbelief.
I'm not betting there is a God, I KNOW there is a God. So pascal wager not apply.
Faith for me is believing in BibleGod. And so far my faith in BibleGod, has been verified to me 1000x10000 times.
Pascal's Wager won't help nobody. No one get any brownie points from God just because they believe there is a God. This life's question when it comes to God is, Whom do you put your trust? As for me, Jesus Christ. Another want to say Allah or Vishnu or Thor, that their thing.
Why then your irrational arguments, such as Pascal's Wager, when commenting to a non-believer. You just stated it is not your responsibility to make me believe, so then why make posts such as you do which clearly indicate you are 'trying' to convince people to believe.

I know that your figure of 1000X10000 times is not true, but I would be very happy if you could give me even one of those times, which is verified, that God did whatever it was that verified your faith in God.

I think if you are going to make such a statement, and 1000X10000 is a lot of times, which indicates that you have a huge amount of proof, then you should be able to tell us at least one of them, which is not too 'personal' that you can't share it, and besides if part of the bringing people to Jesus is through one's own testimony, if you are going to give testimony, then it is not enough to say you have the testimony, but you actually need to give it.

Your saying that you have 10 million examples to prove God has to mean that you know absolutely, and I am pretty sure that no one can have 10 million experiences that no one else has also witnessed, at least some of them.

If you had only one experience per day every day for 80 years that would only be 29,200 experiences, so your 10 million must mean that you have had experiences thousands of times a day every day of your life that verified the existence of God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>And unbelief, is a choice.
So do people who still don't believe that the earth is not flat, make a choice, and they are still right, or put another way the believers who believe the earth is not flat are making a choice and they are wrong?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
Adam wrote:
What is the name of the game that HL plays?
<quoted text>
.. we play the same game ..
.. CS thinks I'm frustrated and confused ..
.. having 10,000+ scarves does that to a person ..
No, it just means you need to be featured on teh upcoming season of Hoarders.

CS.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
....choose to believe in leprechauns...just for 10 minutes.
Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
So do people who still don't believe that the earth is not flat, make a choice, and they are still right, or put another way the believers who believe the earth is not flat are making a choice and they are wrong?
....huh, eh???

what you talking about writer?

Show me anyone that believe the earth is flat. And the bible never said the earth was flat.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
You continue to prove my previous point with this continued foolishness of sputtering useless ordinances ...

1 Corinthians 10:25
25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
Great post. You immediately sputtered a useless whatever that is. It's not a sentence.

You posted that effluvium as if you thought that it had value - some timeless wisdom that you thought bore repeating. Would you care to share with us what that is, inasmuch as I can't understand scripture for a variety of reasons, including "fall[ing] in the trap of being a one verse wonder" and "making a fool out of [myself] trying to argue over something that [I am] not Blessed to understand." How do shambles, eating and conscience relate?
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Choose not to believe Germany exist...just for 10 minutes.
That was funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....huh, eh???
what you talking about writer?
Show me anyone that believe the earth is flat. And the bible never said the earth was flat.
Yet Christians had other Christians put to death for claiming that the world was not flat.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
I do not personally hate homosexual people and I am no more intolerant of then than I am of anyone else, they are imbedded in our society and I can usually spot them if I am around them for any given time, although some of them have it well hidden.
This is rocking good news for the embedded gay community. Once you get over your Christian homophobia and adopt an attitude of tolerance as you have done, you get the gift of queer discernment.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No sir / madam, I used the correct word describing your performance here.
You used the wrong word for that too, but I was talking more about what you described yourself as.
You are gullible, you eat up everything any religious person says and deny facts while you're at it.

You believe gay people are evil because of an insanely old fairy tale in which you don't even follow the rules in the same sections.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
Of course, EVERYONE is born heterosexua
I guess I was a slow child. I had to wait a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 506,621 - 506,640 of599,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

557 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Dr_Zorderz 256,299
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Toby 93,618
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min Neelakaran 4,437
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min marvinsims 172,149
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 5 min New Age Spiritual Leader 32,915
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min New Age Spiritual Leader 440,812
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min marvinsims 223,944
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Oxbow 532,106
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min marvinsims 719,686
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••