|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning what?
About your mythical, magical one and only true god?
Seriously, RR, you shouldn't be making statements like that.
You believe Adam and Eve were real.
Learning that God isn't mythical, as you claim.

Learning that Adam & Eve were real people, as you deny.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
According to him, believing fairy tales are real is "learning."
I've never said that. You're lying, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Satan was an invention in Babylonia during the mid 1st millenia, BCE.
Jesus of the bible was not from Babylonia.
HA HA !

Ok, man.

Because the 1st century BC happened before the 5th century BC, right?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course my point of view is not only did Jesus exist, but Jesus is the Son of God.
So lets look at it from your point of view, what if the [probability] of an historical Jesus was a fact. Then can you make the probability that everything written of Jesus he did? why can't you make that probability that everything written of Jesus in the bible is true?
Is it because you do not want to consider the consequences to your eternal soul if you allow your mind to adjust to the probability of an historical Jesus that did what the bible said he did thus making him Yeshua? If Jesus can be [probable]to you, why can't his words and actions be [probable] as well writer.
One of the reasons that the words of Jesus cannot be probable is the simple fact that human beings, who have lived many years, and experience thousands of conversations on that period could not remember what someone said 30 or 50 years before. Other than certain 'idiot savants', it is humanly impossible to remember things people said even a few minutes before (correctly) but impossible to remember many years later.

When someone tells you about an event that happened many years before, even the rough details of the event will be altered, simply because they have forgotten some, and likely re-invented some, without even being aware of doing so.

If you doubt that do an experiment with some people you trust fully. Get one person to tell another something, and then ask the second to tell a third and so on, and see if the telling is identical each time. If you want to see how one person will tell it only, have him tell a person something, then a day or two later have him tell the very same thing, without any references to go by, just from memory, and you will find that his story differs. He is not lying; he simply remembers it differently, or leaves out parts etc.

That is a human condition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur.
It would be mere speculation, at least through the lenses of the bible.
Of course you concur. You deleted half of my post and ignored the point.

You're a fraud.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
Your bible Jesus was never a christ.
The christians are the ones who gave him that label.
You don't believe Jesus was the Christ? OK. Then you don't believe Jesus was the Christ.

If BibleJesus is indeed the Christ, then the consequences of your unbelief has nothing to do with me right? the consequences of you being wrong, will be between you and Jesus Christ. Because then you will know when you face Jesus, that Jesus is indeed the Christ. You figure out what you gonna do then writer? Are you have all your apples in one basket that when you die Jesus is not the Christ oy!

I understand. I have all my apples in one basket to that when I die, Jesus is the Christ and the anointed Son of YHWH Almighty God.
solicitor

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

jesus hates my ass i can't even hang out with my friends anymore
solicitor

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

i wish i knew what happen when we die and that it was something appealing.. so that the fear would be gone from me..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You provide a perfect example of the damage that religion inflicts on society, and the pain it inflicts on individuals.
Fortunately, there has been a seismic change over the past few years, and you troglodytes will quickly be relegated to the dustbin of history.
Jason Collins's statement yesterday, and the support he has received from his fellow NBA players, is an indication of the monumental shift that is taking place.
Insults are all you will have left, and but for your fellow homophobes, they will not be well received.
.. neat post ..

.. homosexuality is rapidly becoming a non-issue because of people like Collins who refuse to lead a life based on lies ..

.. Lawess will stick to his insults and religious condemnation, that's all he has left, every logical argument has been refuted ..

.. people like G_O_D, Luci, AINS, Aero, Scar, Annie, Boooots and Sereh recognize the damage that antiquated religious laws have caused ..

.. the Lawess people are riding off into the sunset, a posse hot on their heels ..

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
I found something that might be of interest;
http://www.tektonics.org/af/babgenesis.html
<Hi Mmmmwah>
Some information about the website "Tektonics".

"Robert Turkel (2609 Greywall Ave, Ocoee, Florida 34761) is a self made apologist for the trinitatrian doctrine. He worked at a prison facility as a librarian until 2001 when he was laid off. He then appointed himself an internet apologist to make money. He was afraid to use his real name so he created an alias and goes by the name James Patrick Holding."
http://jesus-messiah.com/apologetics/catholic...

^He^^runs^ "Tektonics".

"In some capacity, skeptics feel sorry for Robert Turkel. His venom-laced apologetics actually coat an otherwise very weak position and they know it. Turkel’s attacks simply hide a fragile ego that, when challenged, responds by name-calling, mocking and a variety of other juvenile acts."
http://the-anointed-one.com/exintro.html

Tektonics -aka- James Patrick Holding -aka- Robert Turkel - isn't the most reliable source to use. Even other Christians find his methods and background to be questionable.

"A Collection of Essays and Debates Highlighting the Depraved Apologetics of J.P. Holding, a.k.a. Robert Turkel"
http://the-anointed-one.com/exposed.html
Yeah.

"James Patrick Holding is the pseudonym used by a would-be apologist whose real name is Robert Turkel. Perhaps I should say that Holding has SAID that his real name is Robert Turkel, but I have no way to confirm this. Holding-Turkel has a web site on which he posts responses to the articles of various skeptics. I first became aware of him when someone sent me a copy of something that he had written about me (even though he now says that I am
not worthy of a reply).
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/farrel...
Haven't you said things are "not worthy of a reply", before?

Interesting Google search concerning Turkel.
https://www.google.com/search...

I've seen Tektonics referenced a few times of late, and figured it needed to be pointed out that the originator of the site, Robert Turkel, and the site itself is considered a joke among believers and nonbelievers.

No joke.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons that the words of Jesus cannot be probable is the simple fact that human beings, who have lived many years, and experience thousands of conversations on that period could not remember what someone said 30 or 50 years before. Other than certain 'idiot savants', it is humanly impossible to remember things people said even a few minutes before (correctly) but impossible to remember many years later.
When someone tells you about an event that happened many years before, even the rough details of the event will be altered, simply because they have forgotten some, and likely re-invented some, without even being aware of doing so.
If you doubt that do an experiment with some people you trust fully. Get one person to tell another something, and then ask the second to tell a third and so on, and see if the telling is identical each time. If you want to see how one person will tell it only, have him tell a person something, then a day or two later have him tell the very same thing, without any references to go by, just from memory, and you will find that his story differs. He is not lying; he simply remembers it differently, or leaves out parts etc.
That is a human condition.
So you betting your eternity that the accounts of the BibleJesus not true because the human memory so bad and people forget what really happen eh? So Jesus raise from the dead, no one would remember that? or when Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead? or when Jesus was crucified? or turn water into wine? too hard to remember eh?

LOL.

Good luck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Show verifiable and concrete evidence that the Hebrew text of Genesis was composed before the Sumerian text Enuma Elish?
Genesis is believed to have been written just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century BC.

Enuma elish is believed to have been written in the 2nd century, BC.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

@HL

Your arguments are weak and devoid of any religion based logic. Everything homosexual even slightly gay is wicked in the eyes of the LORD.
The LORD loathes gay friendly arguments like those from you and your friends.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
And most Christians read it as a history and science book.
Both miss the whole point.
Strangely, I agree 100%.

Good point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:

What can bible study yield that is anything like that? Nothing at all, which is why I rejected Riverside Redneck's comparison of the benefit of studying to neuroscience to studying his bible.
You're stupid, man. I never made that claim.

I was comparing your "I've read the bible so I know it" to "I've read a neuroscience book so I know it".

Neither can be understood simply by reading a book.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

.. here's your May, 2013 response ..
Adam wrote:
@HL
Your arguments are weak and devoid of any religion based logic.
INSULT
Adam wrote:
@HL
everything homosexual even slightly gay is wicked in the eyes of the LORD.
CONDEMNATION #1
Adam wrote:
The LORD loathes gay friendly arguments like those from you and your friends.
CONDEMNATION #2

.. all the Lawess gang has left is condemnation and insults ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe Jesus was the Christ? OK. Then you don't believe Jesus was the Christ.
If BibleJesus is indeed the Christ, then the consequences of your unbelief has nothing to do with me right? the consequences of you being wrong, will be between you and Jesus Christ. Because then you will know when you face Jesus, that Jesus is indeed the Christ. You figure out what you gonna do then writer? Are you have all your apples in one basket that when you die Jesus is not the Christ oy!
I understand. I have all my apples in one basket to that when I die, Jesus is the Christ and the anointed Son of YHWH Almighty God.
Do you really feel that using Pascal's Wager is a valid way of bringing someone to become a believer?
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. here's your May, 2013 response ..
<quoted text>
INSULT
<quoted text>
CONDEMNATION #1
<quoted text>
CONDEMNATION #2
.. all the Lawess gang has left is condemnation and insults ..
Last I checked itīs still the 30th april. We know something is coming but that doesnīt make it better.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe Jesus was the Christ? OK. Then you don't believe Jesus was the Christ.
You miss the other possibility.

That is that we 'believers' are wrong and have wasted our lives on the meaningless and non-existent.

I sincerely hope that no sane deity accepts Pascal's Wager.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really feel that using Pascal's Wager is a valid way of bringing someone to become a believer?
As I have [repeated] many times, you becoming a believer in Jesus Christ, is the job, of YHWH Almighty.

That not my job. And Jesus never tell anyone to make anyone a believer in him. Jesus say for [me] to believe, and that what I do. Each person must believe on their own. Each person is responsible for their belief, or unbelief.

I'm not betting there is a God, I KNOW there is a God. So pascal wager not apply.

Faith for me is believing in BibleGod. And so far my faith in BibleGod, has been verified to me 1000x10000 times.

Pascal's Wager won't help nobody. No one get any brownie points from God just because they believe there is a God. This life's question when it comes to God is, Whom do you put your trust? As for me, Jesus Christ. Another want to say Allah or Vishnu or Thor, that their thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 506,601 - 506,620 of598,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Lab28 716,763
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Student 38,407
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min MUQ1 36,414
Choi game mien phi (Sep '12) 22 min hoang dat 136 21
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Hidingfromyou 223,217
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 44 min danetoo 114,651
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••