Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have both.
Sorry. my friend.
The "I know God" crap doesn't work with real believers.
No it doesn't work with REAL believers, but that does not apply to YOU, you don't even believe Godf's Word, so what makes you a "real believer"?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard that's the latest fashionable fad amongst skeptic circles.
However, they are quote different and Genesis was written first.
Here are some major dissimilarities:
EE records "successive generations of gods and goddesses" who are subject to typical weaknesses such as hunger, thirst, and sex drive; Genesis records but one God, though He had company of unspecified nature (Gen. 1:26), with no such weaknesses.
The EE is a creation account to some extent, but most of it is devoted to describing a battle between the god Marduk (the "creator" as such) and Tiamat the goddess (who ends up being the raw material of creation), and to other non-creation issues, so that after tally, only about a third of it is on the subject of creation.
EE played a political and cultic role in the Babylonian religion and explained Marduk's rise to chief god of Babylon; Genesis does not mention Israel, Jerusalem, or the Temple, and served no cultic function [Sarna, Understanding Genesis, 9; I would suggest that this points to the Genesis account being more original].
Show verifiable and concrete evidence that the Hebrew text of Genesis was composed before the Sumerian text Enuma Elish?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard that's the latest fashionable fad amongst skeptic circles.
However, they are quote different and Genesis was written first.
Here are some major dissimilarities:
EE records "successive generations of gods and goddesses" who are subject to typical weaknesses such as hunger, thirst, and sex drive; Genesis records but one God, though He had company of unspecified nature (Gen. 1:26), with no such weaknesses.
The EE is a creation account to some extent, but most of it is devoted to describing a battle between the god Marduk (the "creator" as such) and Tiamat the goddess (who ends up being the raw material of creation), and to other non-creation issues, so that after tally, only about a third of it is on the subject of creation.
EE played a political and cultic role in the Babylonian religion and explained Marduk's rise to chief god of Babylon; Genesis does not mention Israel, Jerusalem, or the Temple, and served no cultic function [Sarna, Understanding Genesis, 9; I would suggest that this points to the Genesis account being more original].
If you're not satisfied with the creation stories in the Enuma Elish then there are many other Sumerian texts to choose from.
ALL of them composed prior to the Genesis of the bible.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what you're implying, that most of the people in BC were pretty ignorant.
That's why I do believe that the bible is inspired by the hand of God.
What other explanation is there?
Aliens. Ya, that's it, aliens.
LOL

You have JUST hit the nail squarely on the head.
See?
I knew you could do it!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No it doesn't work with REAL believers, but that does not apply to YOU, you don't even believe Godf's Word, so what makes you a "real believer"?
For a start, I don't spell God with an f. LOL

Second, I don;t have to pretend to be or know something I clearly do not.

You are ashamed of your ignorance and think you can hide behind God.

Sorry. It doesn't work that way. All you prove is that you know nothing of reality (which IS God)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you too Boooots.
So you use to think like me and now think like you. I use to think like you and now think like me. Wait, what did I just say? LOL :)
Hope things are good your way.
HFN
Yes, things are very good my way. Thanks.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. I'm not looking for anything from the believer, so I don't need to behave solicitously. The ridicule is not for their benefit.
We've both been at this long enough to know that the Christians are not really interested in dialectic, and there is no future in reasoning with them or in trying to keep them happy.
<quoted text>
The ridicule that I am advocating is of ideas and institutions, not persons. If people choose to take it personally, they are free to do that.
<quoted text>
Ridicule is most definitely NOT the game that they want to play.
[1] "If religion contained any truth, it could be ridiculed, insulted, even defiled, without being diminished in any way. Its truth would shine through: undimmed, unblemished, shaming those who abused it into silence. But thatís not how things are. Religion is prickly. Itís intolerant. Itís ultra-defensive precisely because itís brittle and fragile. Itís about as substantial as a meringue. Itís all froth and no substance. Itís had thousands of years to make its case and all itís produced is sophistry, violence and a raft of morals that would shame a rattlesnake." - Pat Condell
[2]ďRidicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus." -Thomas Jefferson
[3] "I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt, and I claim that right." Ė Christopher Hitchens
Can't find fault with anything you say, except the bottom line seems to be trying to keep the personal attacks going both ways to a minimum so that perhaps we can get some intelligent responses from people rather than defensiveness.

Agree 100% with you that if the claim of a God is true, then any ridicule from us should not affect the believers and God is quite capable (assuming He is what they think) of looking after Himself, and nothing we do would ever change that. People getting defensive on the believers side is strictly them thinking they are being attacked for being believers.

Believers, IMO, only deserve to be attacked when they are promoting things that go against humans, which seems to be what many of them do on this site.

However, both sides can still deal with personal attacks by downplaying the personal attacks and sticking to what we actually think about whatever the topic is about.

We have some posters here, regrettably, who do nothing but attack others, and I think that is their only purpose for coming here.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. It doesn't work that way. All you prove is that you know nothing of reality (which IS God)
No sir, the only thing that you can TRULY remark that it is yourself who do not know anything, don't speak for others, because I can back anything that I believe and have said with scripture, and the f in God in my previous post was a typo, ever heard of one before, I am sure that you have made them before as we all have.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Chris Clearwater has already given a testimony of his own wife being freed by Christ from the clutches of the sin.
.. Chris Clearwater touts the success of the born-again experience every time he mentions his wife's lesbianism underscored by his homosexual proclivities. My goodness, they've become the Topix poster couple, the cure for homosexuality through Jesus. You believe him, I don't ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>and YOU could be so as well IF you chose to repent and believe.
.. there's nothing to repent ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Ignoring the rest of your post, I will say that I DO know that God can change someone's sexual orientation if they truly desire to be changed, if they want it deep down in their soul,
.. why must God 'change' someone's identity? Wouldn't that mean God had it wrong in the first place ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>so you lie
INSULT #1
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>and speak out of ignorance
INSULT #2
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>when you state that it cannot be done, so kindly take your own advice.
.. I never said that. With desire and a strong will, some homosexuals refrain from sexual relations but still identify as homosexual, something you are unable to grasp ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been testimonies from people who was delivered from homosexuality
.. and, the vast majority have refuted their testimony ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
because YOU have no faith or desire to be delivered from your own deluded lifestyle,
INSULT #3

.. you can't help yourself, can you ??..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to add..........do you realize how truly foolish you look calling someone else "ignorant" when you like many unbelievers have posted the atheistic junk that you have on topix over the years?

Being school to certain historical knowledge does not equate to Godly knowledge that comes from the only only, and in your own way you are just as 'ignorant' as those who openly admit that they do not believe at all.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Just to add..........do you realize how truly foolish you look calling someone else "ignorant" when you like many unbelievers have posted the atheistic junk that you have on topix over the years?
Being school to certain historical knowledge does not equate to Godly knowledge that comes from the only only, and in your own way you are just as 'ignorant' as those who openly admit that they do not believe at all.
That's uncalled for Law... You have no idea what He believes.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Chris Clearwater touts the success of the born-again experience every time he mentions his wife's lesbianism underscored by his homosexual proclivities. My goodness, they've become the Topix poster couple, the cure for homosexuality through Jesus. You believe him, I don't ..
<quoted text>
.. there's nothing to repent ..
<quoted text>
.. why must God 'change' someone's identity? Wouldn't that mean God had it wrong in the first place ??..
<quoted text>
INSULT #1
<quoted text>
INSULT #2
<quoted text>
.. I never said that. With desire and a strong will, some homosexuals refrain from sexual relations but still identify as homosexual, something you are unable to grasp ..
<quoted text>
.. and, the vast majority have refuted their testimony ..
<quoted text>
INSULT #3
.. you can't help yourself, can you ??..
Again your lack of any understanding is made manifest with this post, you have no desire to change or even cognizant of the fact that you need to, and so you take the testimony of a believer and accuse him of having homosexual tendencies that he is trying to suppress, I don't have any reason NOT to believe him, your wicked nature merely allows you not to, and the ability to "grasp" is a handicap that you suffer from.

Also a gay man or woman, believe it or not, do not have to be engage in a direct homosexual relationship for that spirit to be within them, it works counter productively to the spirit of God like all sin, but as I said before.........one can be delivered from it if they truly desire, but again this post to you may be a waste of time as per your inability to 'grasp'.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No sir, the only thing that you can TRULY remark that it is yourself who do not know anything, don't speak for others, because I can back anything that I believe and have said with scripture, and the f in God in my previous post was a typo, ever heard of one before, I am sure that you have made them before as we all have.
That is why I put LOL at the end.

Sense of humor, my friend, it is one of the finest gifts from God.

What Scripture ? The one Constantine compiled or King James ?

Why do you believe in Emperors and Kings ?

God is so much greater...and needs no words at all.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Again your lack of any understanding is made manifest with this post,....
ROFLMAO

She has more understanding of reality than all your fantasies.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's uncalled for Law... You have no idea what He believes.
IU sorry Ash, but given what he has posted over time, I have a really good idea of what he believes, and it's not the Word, at least not in it's fullness and that is counter productive to true belief and faith.

I know that the two of you have some kind of friendship going, but I still have to call it as it is presented.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
She has more understanding of reality than all your fantasies.
And yet she is a Lesbo who doesn't want to change........yea "RIGHT".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:

I looked it up. It's not clear.
Your biases made it seem unclear. Look it up again.
The label doesn't matter that much. What matters, is that you seem to believe that the human race started with two people named Adam and Eve.
Yes, I do.
A lot of Christians no longer believe that, because it's ridiculous.
Who are these "lots of Christians"?
Do you believe the Flood Myth too?
No, I believe the Great Flood happened, there's no myth. That's a skeptic fad.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I put LOL at the end.
Sense of humor, my friend, it is one of the finest gifts from God.
What Scripture ? The one Constantine compiled or King James ?
Why do you believe in Emperors and Kings ?
God is so much greater...and needs no words at all.
If you truly understood that, then you would believe in ALL of God's Word, including that which the spirit came through those Apostles that you do not like.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
No and no.
But your bible is nothing like neuroscience. Your bible is just a collection of vague, erroneous and self-contradictory claims. Studying it generates no useful knowledge.
That opinion right there is why you get it wrong, IANS.

You read the bible as if it's "just a collection of vague, erroneous and self-contradictory claims". You too possess an extreme confirmation bias.

Thanks for playing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And yet she is a Lesbo who doesn't want to change........yea "RIGHT".
So what. You are a gay in denial.

You also are ignorant, that is easy to fix but you choose to remain so.

You have nothing worthwhile, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

266 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 722,357
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Oxbow 533,731
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 16 min sunny 0569470225 38
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 33 min Krackerjacks 115,659
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Hidingfromyou 93,873
GMO foods and you! 42 min Hidingfromyou 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Catcher1 224,702
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr 911 A and E 257,052
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••