“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#527666 Apr 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Chris Clearwater touts the success of the born-again experience every time he mentions his wife's lesbianism underscored by his homosexual proclivities. My goodness, they've become the Topix poster couple, the cure for homosexuality through Jesus. You believe him, I don't ..
<quoted text>
.. there's nothing to repent ..
<quoted text>
.. why must God 'change' someone's identity? Wouldn't that mean God had it wrong in the first place ??..
<quoted text>
INSULT #1
<quoted text>
INSULT #2
<quoted text>
.. I never said that. With desire and a strong will, some homosexuals refrain from sexual relations but still identify as homosexual, something you are unable to grasp ..
<quoted text>
.. and, the vast majority have refuted their testimony ..
<quoted text>
INSULT #3
.. you can't help yourself, can you ??..
Again your lack of any understanding is made manifest with this post, you have no desire to change or even cognizant of the fact that you need to, and so you take the testimony of a believer and accuse him of having homosexual tendencies that he is trying to suppress, I don't have any reason NOT to believe him, your wicked nature merely allows you not to, and the ability to "grasp" is a handicap that you suffer from.

Also a gay man or woman, believe it or not, do not have to be engage in a direct homosexual relationship for that spirit to be within them, it works counter productively to the spirit of God like all sin, but as I said before.........one can be delivered from it if they truly desire, but again this post to you may be a waste of time as per your inability to 'grasp'.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#527667 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No sir, the only thing that you can TRULY remark that it is yourself who do not know anything, don't speak for others, because I can back anything that I believe and have said with scripture, and the f in God in my previous post was a typo, ever heard of one before, I am sure that you have made them before as we all have.
That is why I put LOL at the end.

Sense of humor, my friend, it is one of the finest gifts from God.

What Scripture ? The one Constantine compiled or King James ?

Why do you believe in Emperors and Kings ?

God is so much greater...and needs no words at all.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#527668 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Again your lack of any understanding is made manifest with this post,....
ROFLMAO

She has more understanding of reality than all your fantasies.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527669 Apr 30, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's uncalled for Law... You have no idea what He believes.
IU sorry Ash, but given what he has posted over time, I have a really good idea of what he believes, and it's not the Word, at least not in it's fullness and that is counter productive to true belief and faith.

I know that the two of you have some kind of friendship going, but I still have to call it as it is presented.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527670 Apr 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
She has more understanding of reality than all your fantasies.
And yet she is a Lesbo who doesn't want to change........yea "RIGHT".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#527671 Apr 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

I looked it up. It's not clear.
Your biases made it seem unclear. Look it up again.
The label doesn't matter that much. What matters, is that you seem to believe that the human race started with two people named Adam and Eve.
Yes, I do.
A lot of Christians no longer believe that, because it's ridiculous.
Who are these "lots of Christians"?
Do you believe the Flood Myth too?
No, I believe the Great Flood happened, there's no myth. That's a skeptic fad.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527672 Apr 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I put LOL at the end.
Sense of humor, my friend, it is one of the finest gifts from God.
What Scripture ? The one Constantine compiled or King James ?
Why do you believe in Emperors and Kings ?
God is so much greater...and needs no words at all.
If you truly understood that, then you would believe in ALL of God's Word, including that which the spirit came through those Apostles that you do not like.

Location hidden

#527673 Apr 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
No and no.
But your bible is nothing like neuroscience. Your bible is just a collection of vague, erroneous and self-contradictory claims. Studying it generates no useful knowledge.
That opinion right there is why you get it wrong, IANS.

You read the bible as if it's "just a collection of vague, erroneous and self-contradictory claims". You too possess an extreme confirmation bias.

Thanks for playing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#527674 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And yet she is a Lesbo who doesn't want to change........yea "RIGHT".
So what. You are a gay in denial.

You also are ignorant, that is easy to fix but you choose to remain so.

You have nothing worthwhile, my friend.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#527675 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> ....I have a really good idea of what he believes, and it's not the Word,....
You don't know anything about me, a simple human. Yet, you pretend to know everything about God!

"The Word" is usually "A Lie".

“Love much, trust none”

There

#527676 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> If you truly understood that, then you would believe in ALL of God's Word, including that which the spirit came through those Apostles that you do not like.
So why do your reject 200 of their texts ?

You already spit on the words of Jesus recorded by Thomas.

You are a fool pretending to be God.

Location hidden

#527677 Apr 30, 2013
What historical evidence did you offer? What historical evidence could there be of what the bible says? All evidence for that would be in the bible.
Why would you think that, Doc?

Some stories from the bible can be pretty vague or lacking in enough information to understand them fully and you have to look outside the bible for answers.

Let's put it in medical terms, for you.

Let's say you're reading a medical book about the common cold. And let's say it tells you to offer your patient acetaminophen, but offers you no solid information on what acetaminophen is. What do you do? It's not in the book you're reading.....

You get another book.

The bible is the same way, in some of it's books. But you seem to disagree, you think "all evidence for that would be in the bible" and you need not look anywhere else to get more info on what you're studying. That's why your ignorant if the bible and that why I say you read it with an elementary level.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#527678 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That opinion right there is why you get it wrong, IANS.
You read the bible as if it's "just a collection of vague, erroneous and self-contradictory claims". You too possess an extreme confirmation bias.
Thanks for playing.
Agreed.

And most Christians read it as a history and science book.

Both miss the whole point.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#527679 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Again your lack of any understanding
INSULT #1
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>you have no desire to change or even cognizant of the fact that you need to
.. this is incorrect. Without change, there isn't growth. To become a better person requires change ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have any reason NOT to believe him,
.. I do ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> your wicked nature merely allows you not to, and the ability to "grasp" is a handicap that you suffer from.
INSULT #3
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> and so you take the testimony of a believer and accuse him of having homosexual tendencies that he is trying to suppress,
.. what? Chris has admitted to homosexual tendencies in this forum ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> and the ability to "grasp" is a handicap that you suffer from.
.. today, you claimed G_O_D was ignorant. That's an opinion, a belief. Doesn't everyone have a right to their opinion and belief? Are you proposing a rule change wherein your opinions are golden calves and nobody else should have an opinion ??..

.. if you have the right to believe G_O_D is ignorant, wouldn't I have the same right to reject Clearwater's story ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Also a gay man or woman, believe it or not, do not have to be engage in a direct homosexual relationship for that spirit to be within them, it works counter productively to the spirit of God like all sin, but as I said before.........one can be delivered from it if they truly desire,.
.. again: if a homosexual wants to change,(s)he can if the desire, self-will and control is strong enough. It does not require the intervention of a God nor does it change their identity as a homosexual ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>but again this post to you may be a waste of time as per your inability to 'grasp'.
INSULT #4

.. you can't resist, can you ??..

P.S. You forgot to answer my question - why must God 'change' someone's identity? Wouldn't that mean God had it wrong in the first place?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#527680 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for the testimony my friend, when you think about it at times, it is astounding the way the power of God works through others to reach us, and your dedication is not misunderstood on this end in the least as I am a witness myself to the very subject at hand, only the truly Blessed of God will understand these matters.
Peace and Blessings.
Lawest, I respect your right to post as you wish here or anywhere else you post. However, in the spirit of posting in a discussion it would seem that all posters would speak in the same language to be understood by all other posters.

Clearly non-believers do not speak the language of the "Truly Blessed" (personally I don't believe it exists, but that is beside the point), so in posting to a non-believer regarding a point on topic which you wish to make to them, I can see the only way to do that is to state in in language that he will understand.

Since we don't speak in the language of the "Truly Blessed" then we do not hear and understand what you are telling us (I do understand what you think you mean, but I still don't believe it, and that is still beside the point).

If believers are here only to talk to each other to support each other with biblical or prayer greetings, etc., then they are not here to discuss a topic, but for mutual support. Support groups are good, but they don't work if they break down into debates.

This is a debate here, or it would seem that the topic is one that can be debated. I am assuming that the question asked is asking for why Jesus should love me, when I am such and such, or I do so and so, etc.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#527681 Apr 30, 2013
Lacez wrote:
I'm liking your posts from the past few days more than those in the past. I especially enjoyed your post regarding neuroscience.
Thanks.

There is a difference between knowledge, which are the ideas that derive from observing reality and which can be applied to life to effect better outcomes, and the fluff of the bible, which is sterile however deeply you examine it.

A knowledge of neuroscience, for example, is rewarded by using it to make accurate medical diagnoses. Diseases correctly identified can often be treated to some benefit - people may feel less pain or nausea, or function a little better, or live a little longer. At a minimum, a better prediction what to expect is possible.

What can bible study yield that is anything like that? Nothing at all, which is why I rejected Riverside Redneck's comparison of the benefit of studying to neuroscience to studying his bible.

I also reject his claim that any amount of studying of the bible can produce any knowledge at all, let alone a deeper understanding with more study.
Lacez wrote:
I remember something extremely stupid said to me once: "You are an atheist because you wish to rebel against god." Yeah, I'm atheist because I want to rebel against the thing that doesn't exist.
Many say that there is no such thing as an atheist. They don't seem to be able to wrap their heads around the idea that we don't see a god everywhere, one that they consider self-evident and undeniable. They assume that we must believe, but are rebelling. What can you say to such a person after your denial and explanation are rejected out of hand?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#527682 Apr 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Again your lack of any understanding is made manifest with this post, you have no desire to change or even cognizant of the fact that you need to, and so you take the testimony of a believer and accuse him of having homosexual tendencies that he is trying to suppress, I don't have any reason NOT to believe him, your wicked nature merely allows you not to, and the ability to "grasp" is a handicap that you suffer from.
Also a gay man or woman, believe it or not, do not have to be engage in a direct homosexual relationship for that spirit to be within them, it works counter productively to the spirit of God like all sin, but as I said before.........one can be delivered from it if they truly desire, but again this post to you may be a waste of time as per your inability to 'grasp'.
You provide a perfect example of the damage that religion inflicts on society, and the pain it inflicts on individuals.

Fortunately, there has been a seismic change over the past few years, and you troglodytes will quickly be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Jason Collins's statement yesterday, and the support he has received from his fellow NBA players, is an indication of the monumental shift that is taking place.

Insults are all you will have left, and but for your fellow homophobes, they will not be well received.

Location hidden

#527683 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
You forgot to cite your source, which I stumbled onto at http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm , and which contradicts you. Where does your bible say clearly and unambiguously that it is not referring to a physical dome or vault? Nowhere. But it does do the opposite, as your own source attests:
"If these verses are about a mere illusion of a vault, they are surely much ado about nothing ... Other passages complete the picture of the sky as a lofty, physical dome. God “sits throned on the vaulted roof of earth ...[Isaiah 40:22].”... Job 22:14 says God “walks to and fro on the vault of heaven [chuwg].” In both verses, the use of chuwg implies a physical object, on which one can sit and walk."
Here's more evidence against your position :
Genesis 1:6 says, "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."
Job 37:18 says, "Have you with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten mirror?"
Sorry, but you're wrong. Your bible does not support your claim that the vault or dome referred to in it is not a physical structure.
And as we just saw, all of your extra study of it has produced no knowledge. Your pronouncements of what it means are your opinions, and not very good ones at that.
You're quoting a flat earth website to back your position, which coincidentally coincides with what atheist websites say. Imagine that.

You're agreeing with young earth creationists that have interpreted "waters above the firmament" as an actual 'water canopy' that used to surround the earth.

That idea doesn't add up. I find it strange that you'd agree. The reason I disagree is because of what is said in this passage:

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.(Genesis 1:14-16)

This verse says that the Sun, Moon, and Stars are IN the firmament. Therefore, applying the rules of grammar and logic, those waters that are above the firmament must be above the Sun, Moon and Stars. That means these waters are above the visible cosmos. For some this is a hard pill to swallow, but that is exactly what the Bible is saying.

Location hidden

#527684 Apr 30, 2013

You read them as if they are correct. That's a confirmation bias, and an error.
You read them as if they're incorrect and mythological. That's also a confirmation bias and an error.
Your bible supports a belief that there is a physical dome across the sky, and that the earth sits on pillars.
No it doesn't, I've shown you that several times.

You're choosing to ignore it.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm again:
"When I first became interested in the flat-earthers in the early 1970s, I was surprised to learn that flat-earthism in the English-speaking world is and always has been entirely based upon the Bible."
There you go. Your bible can be used to argue that the earth is flat.
Sure it can. BY ignorant people TO ignorant people.

Like you. You believe without a doubt that the flat earthers are right.

Location hidden

#527685 Apr 30, 2013

None of your bible's mythology is literally true.
Confirmation bias, indeed.
The god in it is a fiction representing the laws of nature as understood by primitive men,
Major confirmation bias.
and it's resurrection and rebirth are well known metaphors for spring and the return of growth.
Oh good, it's "known".....

By who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min duststorm 441,327
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min curiouslu 738,081
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min guest 541,878
What kind of planes REALLY flew into the twin t... 17 min Doctor REALITY 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min bacon hater 95,357
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Dr_Zorderz 258,988
I'm voting for Joe Biden 28 min andet1987 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 173,616
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr lili 148
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••