|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There's that beautiful atheist sentiment again. It just pours out of you.... "More Christian trash"?

If you can ever get your facts straight, especially about the Bible, you might be worthy to have a conversation with.

In the meantime, just go ahead and keep on deluding yourself about the "hemispheric dome" that you claim the Bible talks about. That way your lies feel better to you.
How do your lies feel to you?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you have, sure you have.....
He has.

Nothing will prove you wrong to yourself.

You would never allow it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh c'mon, man... That verse is about Satan speaking with Jesus and you wanna lower it to a natural, literal state.

You don't get to change the meaning as you see fit.

The word 'kingdoms' does not refer to geographical places, it's a metaphor for earthly powers.
Dance, dance, dance.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe. I don't think that is what PW,s intent. And who would listen and understand anyway-really? I have some insight to what PW can't or won't really relate, as it would cause an onslaught of ridicule and defamation, and be completely rejected. Many of the writings in the OT and NT are actually recounts of previous histories of ancient writings and ideologies(mostly Egyptian). Romans is a good example.
The Christian patriarchs are all rooted in those beliefs and customs. The Hebrews attempted to sever many of the particulars(especially magick) when they were expelled from the "sisters" as attempted usurpers of religion and government. The Nubian Akhenaten king and the murder of young Tut was a major point in that history...which has been suppressed and nearly all information destroyed by the later Abrahamic incursions of the Roman theocracy and then the Islamic invasion.
Ironically, the obelisk in St Peters square is the "footprint of Thoth", and the representation of the pillar of communication for the "children of light" through "pharaoh" to civilization. Makes one wonder why it was so important for the theocracy to have this (under great labors) transported to the exact place where it is always available to the "Italian pharaoh"(pope).

Sorry. I am rambling aren't I?
Yes.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I hear someone say onetime, that if God don't judge America, He going to have to apologize for what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah. is a true thing, and God don't repent.
Yes, he is unchanging. As I read this this morning I thought of how these things sounded like the USA and the world today.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Name appears on post wrote:
Does Jesus say that gays are born eunuchs? So, basically, the sexual act is a sin, but the state of being born homosexual is basically just a calling to be celibate, or being born as a eunuch?
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
read Bible daily
because you sound like idiot not knowing what is eunuch,celibate,or homosexuals?
you spiritual bling left behind idiot
.. Name Appears has autism. Please have a little common courtesy and compassion. Also, STFU ..

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Genesis was written back then. It WAS 7 tablets of cuneiform, and it was the Enuma Elish.
Yes, I've heard that's the latest fashionable fad amongst skeptic circles.

However, they are quote different and Genesis was written first.

Here are some major dissimilarities:

EE records "successive generations of gods and goddesses" who are subject to typical weaknesses such as hunger, thirst, and sex drive; Genesis records but one God, though He had company of unspecified nature (Gen. 1:26), with no such weaknesses.

The EE is a creation account to some extent, but most of it is devoted to describing a battle between the god Marduk (the "creator" as such) and Tiamat the goddess (who ends up being the raw material of creation), and to other non-creation issues, so that after tally, only about a third of it is on the subject of creation.

EE played a political and cultic role in the Babylonian religion and explained Marduk's rise to chief god of Babylon; Genesis does not mention Israel, Jerusalem, or the Temple, and served no cultic function [Sarna, Understanding Genesis, 9; I would suggest that this points to the Genesis account being more original].

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He must think we're pretty stupid.
We must be. Here we are, over 5,000 years later, still debating it.....

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...the understanding of the earth and stars at the time of the bible was that the earth was flat and the stars were embedded in a crystal dome.
Good job your bible did clarifying that misconception.
Right?
At what time? What "time of the bible"? When?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How do your lies feel to you?
What lies?

Care to elaborate or will you continue to play like karl with your amazing one-liners?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance, dance, dance.
Learning scares the shit out of you, doesn't it?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
from which Piramide Ptah smiles?
From the heart issues the utterance of the mouth...goodness causes the smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>True words. Thank you for helping me remember what is important.
As I read this this morning it spoke to me. I never intended for anyone in particular. It spoke to me this morning and this after noon after work it came to my mind that I should post it. So I did. If God spoke to you through this also, then may we both be blessed. I do believe that God is calling belivers to turn unto him with our whole heart. Be blessed, for you are :)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>From the heart issues the utterance of the mouth...goodness causes the smile.
His wit was not more conspicuous than the overflowing goodness of his heart, but the might of his smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've heard that's the latest fashionable fad amongst skeptic circles.
However, they are quote different and Genesis was written first.
Here are some major dissimilarities:
EE records "successive generations of gods and goddesses" who are subject to typical weaknesses such as hunger, thirst, and sex drive; Genesis records but one God, though He had company of unspecified nature (Gen. 1:26), with no such weaknesses.
The EE is a creation account to some extent, but most of it is devoted to describing a battle between the god Marduk (the "creator" as such) and Tiamat the goddess (who ends up being the raw material of creation), and to other non-creation issues, so that after tally, only about a third of it is on the subject of creation.
EE played a political and cultic role in the Babylonian religion and explained Marduk's rise to chief god of Babylon; Genesis does not mention Israel, Jerusalem, or the Temple, and served no cultic function [Sarna, Understanding Genesis, 9; I would suggest that this points to the Genesis account being more original].
Except that there were only 2 writings of "genesis" in the area then. One being the pyramid texts, and the other being the Babylonian texts. Israel or Judah did not even exist as states at that time, and neither did the bible or the Tanakh. Nor did Hebrew script. Jerusalem was Hittite ruled, and was merely a minor village, even in the time of Abrum and Sarai.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuneiform tablets have been discovered as far back a 3,500 BC, so Genesis could have very well have first been written 5,500 years ago.
Moses' lifetime was calculated at being during 13911271 BC, so there's no way he would've known what generations of Adam were. There's also no way he would've known what happened.
Either God told Moses all of it, or Adam knew how to write in cuneiform also.
Either on makes sense to me. If Adam wrote his book of generations in cuneiform, Moses could read it. Moses was educated in 'all the wisdom of the Egyptians', and was strong in words and in deeds.
Genesis 5:1 says: "This is the book of the generations of Adam." This suggests that the that art of writing was known within the lifetime of Adam. It's absurd to think that God would allow this sacred information to the fraile mid of humans, there's no way they could remember it all.
Adam, of Adam and Eve?

So you're like, a fundy then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We must be. Here we are, over 5,000 years later, still debating it.....
Not stupid. Uninformed or ignorant maybe, but not stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
His wit was not more conspicuous than the overflowing goodness of his heart, but the might of his smile.
<smile>

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that there were only 2 writings of "genesis" in the area then. One being the pyramid texts, and the other being the Babylonian texts. Israel or Judah did not even exist as states at that time, and neither did the bible or the Tanakh. Nor did Hebrew script. Jerusalem was Hittite ruled, and was merely a minor village, even in the time of Abrum and Sarai.
Yup. It was originally written in cuneiform, which was plagiarized by the Babylonians to create their own religion and control their population.

But they faded into history, the Bible still lives on. And Christianity is still on the rise, as it has been for 2,000 years.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam, of Adam and Eve?
So you're like, a fundy then?
Yes, Adam of Adam & Eve.

No, I'm not a fundamentalist. The bible says "6 days" of creation - I believe it was much longer than 144 hours,'fundies' don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 506,501 - 506,520 of596,447
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

578 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Catcher1 216,347
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 511,686
Gay Snapchat Names 5 min littleredflower 1,297
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Catcher1 679,372
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 8 min USA-1 37,810
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 9 min PIMPDOG 3257 175
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min USA Born 109,376
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 20 min Jturner4643 217
teen snapchat nudes 44 min tomyybb 104
•••
•••
•••