|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Just as well, you're only making a fool out of yourself trying to argue over something that you are not Blessed to understand.
You mean gullible.
The word you should have used was gullible.

Or maybe naive, that works too.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>What "rules" would that be my dear rabbi?
We've gone over this:
Don't wear mixed fabrics, don't even touch pig-anything, sell your daughter to the highest bidder for her hand in marriage.

So on and so forth.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>What is the word of god?
Hate.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Turn up your speakers again itīs rock n roll time.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Part 1

Boooots wrote:
I think you have confirmed what I previously said, and you are not familiarizing me with something I do not understand, as I too believed that for 40 some years, though I certainly never wanted to rush it, except on one day when I was at a real low in a very long depression.

HFN wrote:
Iím sorry you went through that but am glad you are still here. Iím so glad you found the medicine to make it better for you now.

Boooots wrote:
The problem with that approach is it is fine, if, what you believe and do not know, to be true, actually, by some strange supernatural miracle, turns out to be true anyway, but if you are wrong, which I have no reason to not think you are but only a bit of evidence that you are, then you are diminishing the value of what you can enjoy in the living body by thinking it is secondary to what your bodiless spirit might enjoy after the body is dead.
Even if you are right, which neither you nor I know the truth of, I think you are still batting better to maximize the enjoyment of what you know exists now. You know you are alive and you know much of what is out there to appreciate; you do not know if a life exists after death (even if you think and state that you know).

HFN wrote:
If I am limiting the sins I can enjoy in the body thatís a good thing. Sure some of them are fun but they do not bring you real joy, peace and happiness. The wrongs will sooner or later turn to into a negative for you. A negative that could bring great sorrow to you. At least thatís what I found out, sooner or later. No, I would rather have the joy, peace and happiness that comes from God. Iím not talking about what comes after our bodies die here but the here and now while we are living on this earth.

Boooots wrote:
If you KNEW that an afterlife was definitely a proved state then this conversation would not even have got started on this site.
I would be interested in how you have felt the hand of God, and I am sure the world would like to know that too, as it might remove any doubt from 7 billion plus people's minds as to what or who God is, or if He exists.

HFN wrote:
I donít feel led to go in great detail but for one thing I am alive. God has taken care of me more than once. From cancer to being told someone was going to harm/kill me. I am thankful for the grace of God in allowing me to have faith in Him to get me out of things I thought would be fun but that turned bad (sooner or later) There are other things but they are private.

Continued
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Brian! DON'T!
I think you're confusing the Beach Boys with the Trashmen. Why the hell do I give a shyt?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Part 2

Boooots wrote:
I am sorry if you feel that participating in a discussion is making fun of your beliefs. I try to be nasty only to people who are promoting hatred by specific bigoted ideas that they attribute to their belief in a god. I have no tolerance for bigotry, and I will not dignify a bigot or his comment by being overly polite to him because I think he is a real problem to our world.

HFN wrote:
I agree a bigot is not a good thing. I also say that there are a lot of bigots outside of the faith too. They just donít see it that way when they are being one. You are nicer that some, I will give you that. But I sometimes read a dislike for Christians in your posts. But Iím not perfect, far from it sometimes.

Boooots wrote:
If that seems like bigotry, I do not promote hatred against or discrimination against even devout believers, but I will always stand against those who promote hatred against any group of people. I try very hard to never do that myself, though I am sure that occasionally I unconsciously say something that seems like a put down of certain groups.

HFN wrote:
Donít most of us, beliver or not? There are some really nasty posters on topix (both sides) and sometimes they succeed in getting our dander up.

Boooots wrote:
I will admit that I have become overly conscious of extremely obese people, because Canada, almost as bad as the USA, has a very large majority of overweight and obese people now, and I not only find them not very attractive to the eye, but also upsetting to my intelligence because I cannot imagine how people would allow themselves to get that obese.
I admit my feelings are not very kind, but I never advocate nor vocalize them to others except my wife, and she and I seem to both be similarly sensitive to seeing these people, possibly because we live in a section of the city where there is an inordinate number of them that show up in our nearby stores and malls. We even had on our floor for a number of years two sisters in separate apartments, who would be two of the heaviest people in the world, I am pretty sure, close to our age. Unfortunately for them, they both died at around 60 to 62 years of age and not very far apart in time either.
I also still have a similar reaction to smokers, but having had to put up with them for 66 years, I keep those feelings to myself also, but just see them as not only being addicts, but if young, not being too bright, because they could not possibly have grown up thinking that smoking was a positive thing to do, not in an environment where smoking has been condemned for several decades, and outlawed indoors for a decade or so.

HFN wrote:
It is called over indulging. Of course sometimes obesity can be a medical problem. I think a lot of us over indulge whether it be food or something else.:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Brian! DON'T!
Forget it RR, you are talking to a bird BRAIN.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro.
Jesus is the only way to what?
Salvation
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
common courtesy and compassion have nothing to do with you lesbian or male gay
child born with 2 balls is not gay only male,
child born with p... is not lesbain only infant girl
eunuch is man or women having not any desire of any sexual earthly pleasure,
not f....man second man a... or stimulate or suck second women by women clitoris for sexual stimulation?
please>take basic elementary courses,and learn what a gender is, what eunuch is
and what biblical purpose is to have sexual act and enjoyment to be part of humanity
You are full of s...and farts without of courtesy, common sense,or any basic understanding of gender,or Love and Love enjoyment??
Romans 1;24
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleaness through the lusts of their own wicked hearts,
to dishonor their own bodies between themselfes
THIS INSPIRE PASSAGE TAKING ABOUT SCUMBAGS LIKE YOU AND GAYS MALES.
Lev 18;22.Jude 7-8
NOT ABOUT EUNUCHS
HL is a lesbian punk.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
And I suppose you think, due to your biases, that atheists interpret the bible flawlessly...?
No.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"fundamentalist" has a clear definition and it's not me. Look it up.
I looked it up. It's not clear.

The label doesn't matter that much. What matters, is that you seem to believe that the human race started with two people named Adam and Eve.

A lot of Christians no longer believe that, because it's ridiculous.

Do you believe the Flood Myth too?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
egiptian god idol Ptah doesn't cause any smiles from his goodness?
do you know who egiptian god idol Ptah was?
The great architect.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For a little while I am here. Good to greet you too Sister Friend.
(((*()*))) You are looking fine! xx
What did I miss?????
<quoted text>
Ooops... Hope I'm not adding to 'awkward'. Just saw some definite and interesting ones on return now.~~smile~~ tho maybe long winded...
... b-u-t you know all about little books, Ja? They grow! How have you been?
Been good Sweet Sister ~ thought some of the recent conversation in here might have put you off... glad it didn't, you would be very sorely missed!! And yes, I know about little books growing LOL

(((*()*)))

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
MORE
god of carpenters and craftsman handwerk belonging to the old pagan egiptian triads etc..
mostly masons(masonery cult) worshiped this ancient god?
thank you
MORE

Hymn to Ptah

Hail to You, You who are great and old, ta-Tenen, father of the gods, the great god from the first primordial time who fashioned humanity and made the gods, who began evolution in primordial times, first one after whom everything that appeared developed.

He who made the sky as something that his heart has created, who raised it by the fact the Shu supported it, who founded the Earth through that which he himself has made, who surrounded it with Nun and the sea, who made the Duat and gratified the dead, who caused Re to travel there in order to resuscitate them as Lord of Eternity and Lord of Boundlessness, Lord of Life.

He who lets the throat breathe and gives air to every nose, who with his food keeps all humanity alife, to whom lifetime, more precisely, limitation of time and evolution are subordinate, through whose utterance one lives.

He who creates the offerings for all the gods in his guise the great Nile, Lord of Eternity to whom boundlessness is subordinate, breath of life for everyone who conducts the king to his great seat in his name : "King of the Two Lands".

Papyrus Harris, British Museum, XXth Dynasty, ca.1150 BCE, painted papyrus, from Thebes, height 42.5 cm., in : Morenz, 1973, p.182.

"Everything is created "in his image", but the latter rises in the heart and by the tongue of Ptah, the ultimate cognitive cause of every thing".

Ptah was later known as Amun (god with no name) after Akhenaten (when the Hebrews left Egypt).

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Part 1
Boooots wrote:
I think you have confirmed what I previously said, and you are not familiarizing me with something I do not understand, as I too believed that for 40 some years, though I certainly never wanted to rush it, except on one day when I was at a real low in a very long depression.
HFN wrote:
Iím sorry you went through that but am glad you are still here. Iím so glad you found the medicine to make it better for you now.
Boooots wrote:
The problem with that approach is it is fine, if, what you believe and do not know, to be true, actually, by some strange supernatural miracle, turns out to be true anyway, but if you are wrong, which I have no reason to not think you are but only a bit of evidence that you are, then you are diminishing the value of what you can enjoy in the living body by thinking it is secondary to what your bodiless spirit might enjoy after the body is dead.
Even if you are right, which neither you nor I know the truth of, I think you are still batting better to maximize the enjoyment of what you know exists now. You know you are alive and you know much of what is out there to appreciate; you do not know if a life exists after death (even if you think and state that you know).
HFN wrote:
If I am limiting the sins I can enjoy in the body thatís a good thing. Sure some of them are fun but they do not bring you real joy, peace and happiness. The wrongs will sooner or later turn to into a negative for you. A negative that could bring great sorrow to you. At least thatís what I found out, sooner or later. No, I would rather have the joy, peace and happiness that comes from God. Iím not talking about what comes after our bodies die here but the here and now while we are living on this earth.
Boooots wrote:

HFN wrote:
I donít feel led to go in great detail but for one thing I am alive. God has taken care of me more than once. From cancer to being told someone was going to harm/kill me. I am thankful for the grace of God in allowing me to have faith in Him to get me out of things I thought would be fun but that turned bad (sooner or later) There are other things but they are private.
Continued
Thank you for taking the time to reply politely, and since I think I have addressed most of the things you said before, I won't go through them and respond again. I do respect Christians, and likely a part of me favors Christians over some other people, because I spent so many years as a Christian believing all the others were wrong. It is a hard feeling to kick, even when you intellectually know that it is not a healthy attitude to have about other people, just because they don't have the same beliefs.

I guess the Christians I don't respect, who would not really be true Christians in the sense of following the teachings of Christ, IMO, anyway, is those using their beliefs to demonize other people who do nothing to harm anyone, and are demonized, basically, only because they exist.

It is offensive to me that humans, who are suppose to represent a religion which preaches love, are so hateful.

My not believing any longer that there is a God, and believing the Bible is not truthful, is really almost independent of my feelings about Christians. I didn't change my opinions of people I know, in most cases, but really just came to an understanding that what I had learned through life was not a truth, but a fabrication, that likely was honestly and innocently taught to me, because those teaching it actually really believed it to be true.

I know my parents believe(d) it to be true, as did my grandparents, and many of the people I most respect in my life.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for taking the time to reply politely, and since I think I have addressed most of the things you said before, I won't go through them and respond again. I do respect Christians, and likely a part of me favors Christians over some other people, because I spent so many years as a Christian believing all the others were wrong. It is a hard feeling to kick, even when you intellectually know that it is not a healthy attitude to have about other people, just because they don't have the same beliefs.
I guess the Christians I don't respect, who would not really be true Christians in the sense of following the teachings of Christ, IMO, anyway, is those using their beliefs to demonize other people who do nothing to harm anyone, and are demonized, basically, only because they exist.
It is offensive to me that humans, who are suppose to represent a religion which preaches love, are so hateful.
My not believing any longer that there is a God, and believing the Bible is not truthful, is really almost independent of my feelings about Christians. I didn't change my opinions of people I know, in most cases, but really just came to an understanding that what I had learned through life was not a truth, but a fabrication, that likely was honestly and innocently taught to me, because those teaching it actually really believed it to be true.
I know my parents believe(d) it to be true, as did my grandparents, and many of the people I most respect in my life.
Thank you too Boooots.

So you use to think like me and now think like you. I use to think like you and now think like me. Wait, what did I just say? LOL :)

Hope things are good your way.
HFN

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. I don't think that is what PW,s intent. And who would listen and understand anyway-really? I have some insight to what PW can't or won't really relate, as it would cause an onslaught of ridicule and defamation, and be completely rejected.

Many of the writings in the OT and NT are actually recounts of previous histories of ancient writings and ideologies(mostly Egyptian). Romans is a good example.
The Christian patriarchs are all rooted in those beliefs and customs. The Hebrews attempted to sever many of the particulars(especially magick) when they were expelled from the "sisters" as attempted usurpers of religion and government. The Nubian Akhenaten king and the murder of young Tut was a major point in that history...which has been suppressed and nearly all information destroyed by the later Abrahamic incursions of the Roman theocracy and then the Islamic invasion.
Ironically, the obelisk in St Peters square is the "footprint of Thoth", and the representation of the pillar of communication for the "children of light" through "pharaoh" to civilization. Makes one wonder why it was so important for the theocracy to have this (under great labors) transported to the exact place where it is always available to the "Italian pharaoh"(pope).
Sorry. I am rambling aren't I?
Some interesting points there BT!ď who would listen and understand anyway-really? I have some insight to what PW can't or won't really relate, as it would cause an onslaught of ridicule and defamation, and be completely rejected.Ē Ja... been there since the beginning of time too. But that said, and excuse my ignorance of history in what you were saying,
... ie.' the Hebrews attempts to sever many of the particulars(especially magick) when they were expelled from the "sisters" as attempted usurpers of religion and government.
Would you mind filling me in here?

One thing it may connect to in Turkey are / were the Nicolaitanes - as in the Book of Revelation 2:2-7 ...ď6†But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.Ē
... plus 3:7-12...ď9†Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.Ē

But please... I don't know what also is regard to ďthe sistersĒ in your statement either. Can you fill me in more?
Thanx for sharing... U C... I have much to learn of many things!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you too Boooots.
So you use to think like me and now think like you. I use to think like you and now think like me. Wait, what did I just say? LOL :)
Hope things are good your way.
HFN
Called a peaceful post ending HFN!
How are you Sister? Good to read you. You folk are up late?
God Bless

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Been good Sweet Sister ~ thought some of the recent conversation in here might have put you off... glad it didn't, you would be very sorely missed!! And yes, I know about little books growing LOL
(((*()*)))
'Thought' thinks a lot of things hey? I learned one where he thought his leg was out of bed so he got out to put it back in again. durrr I think is the English term at the end of that one! But for now... and when I can... I'll still blow in. today a few more positive posts it seems of which I still must go thru and try to answer. have the pm free.
Love always Heart Sister of another twin, I have always thanked you for adopting a waif like me.(((*()*))xxx
What have you been sinking your spiritual teeth into lately?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely my friend, no matter how bad things may seem in the natural, so long as God is with us it will work out to our advantage, for we walk by FAITH and not by SIGHT.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I love that verse. Called for a purpose. That day is vivid at age 12, sitting beside my young dying mum's bed, telling her with fully understood ]purpose'- that ďwhen I grow up I have to go to AfricaĒ-'My promise for the field' already written in pencil capitals in the margin beside psalm 91. All I knew was, when that day came I had to be ready to drop everything and leave everyone. I did. With my sweetest mum safe in the arms of the angels I kissed her goodbye, and 5 hours distance away, five minutes after arrival in a strange crowded city - a tall man approach me and spoke. Out of all the people on the planet, in the most ever unlikely place to be at that same corner, the journey had begun in absolute Faith. I explained 'we wouldn't be together by the time I was about 30, but that didn't worry him, and on arrival at his mother's home in Africa, he pointed to a large long picture of a +- 5 y.o. exclaiming,ďI told my mother I'm going to find and marry her!Ē[my own 'likeness' was uncanny.\
And Ja... he died without warning of a heart attach when I was 30... but I was called with a purpose and stayed, and carried on loving God with all our heart, soul, strength, and might and understood, my neighbor Ė the people Ė I loved also. Today, just the location has changed.

Well... you can have your ears back now my friend, but witness of this Faith is worth singing about. It IS true that all things work together for good, for His purpose, when we trust His calling! But then again... that kind of dedication can be misinterpreted, not understood, and like a disease, misdiagnosed. But all the 'miss Ė es' in the world cannot subtract from.
Take Care Brother and God Bless.
John 4: 23 ďBut the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship Him.Ē

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

373 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 min Ruby88 53,159
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min shyam 4,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Ar aR 720,209
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 22 min derk 159
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min marge 532,440
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min Catcher1 172,267
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 40 min bryan 50
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 256,381
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 8 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••