high end

Lansdowne, PA

#527461 Apr 29, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
"What Is Hanukkah?
All About the Jewish Holiday of Hanukkah (Chanukkah)"
"Hanukkah (sometimes transliterated Chanukkah) is a Jewish holiday celebrated for eight days and nights. It starts on the 25th of the Jewish month of Kislev, which coincides with late November-late December on the secular calendar."
"In Hebrew, the word "hanukkah" means "dedication." The name reminds us that this holiday commemorates the re-dedication of the holy Temple in Jerusalem following the Jewish victory over the Syrian-Greeks in 165 B.C.E."
The Hanukkah Story
http://judaism.about.com/od/holidays/a/hanukk...
~S*H*A*L*O*M~
I like the Hanukkah song better than the hanukkah story.
Shlm, with a little bit on the side.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#527462 Apr 29, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
(Bell Ringing debuting the announcer)...
"AND ON THIS CORNER WE HAVE....."
?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#527463 Apr 29, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in a higher deity/ies.
But not yours.
That OK with me. I no think that will be OK with Jesus Christ though. But that between you and Him.
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#527464 Apr 29, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Hosea 4:1-12
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
4 A complaint against the people and the priests of Israel.
1 Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: for the Lord [a]hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and whoring, they break out, and [b]blood toucheth blood.
3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and everyone that dwelleth therein shall be cut off, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of the heaven, and also the fishes of the sea shall be taken away.
4 Yet [c]let none rebuke, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that rebuke the Priest.
5 Therefore shalt thou fall in the [d]day, and the Prophet shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy [e]mother.
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because [f]thou hast refused knowledge, I will also refuse thee that thou shalt be no Priest to me: and seeing [g]thou hast forgotten the Law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
7 As they were [h]increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.
8 [i]They eat up the sins of my people, and lift up their minds in their iniquity.
9 And there shall be like people like [j]priest: for I will visit their ways upon them, and reward them their deeds.
10 For they shall eat, and not have enough, they shall [k]commit adultery, and shall not increase, because they have left off to take heed to the Lord.
11 [l]Whoredom, and wine, and new wine take away their heart.
12 My [m]people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff teacheth them: for the [n]spirit of fornications hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God.
True words. Thank you for helping me remember what is important.
Adam

#527465 Apr 29, 2013
@Boooots

Only sick and crazy ppl cut out god religion and moral from their lives.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#527466 Apr 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
"(...) I was born in the Abyss before the sky existed, before the Earth existed, before that which was to be made firm existed, before turmoil existed, before that fear which arose on account of the Eye of Horus existed."
Pyramid Texts, utterance 486 ( 1040).
Uh!
Uh!
Anything written before the bible don't count...lol.
May I extend the same courtesy to you..."Sound and Profound".
:)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#527467 Apr 29, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. of course. My black leather outfit is Catcher's favorite ..
eu-la-la
Adam

#527468 Apr 29, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#527470 Apr 29, 2013
high end wrote:

Ok.
I would agree to the compilation of the torah about 500 BCE.
Perhaps slightly earlier.
However, text traditions as you state could not have been written prior to approx. 1,000 BCE.
So then what you actually have is an oral tradition that was in play from the 11th c. BCE to the 20th c. BCE, a span of approx. 1,000 years, dating back to the summoning of Abraham.
A 1,000 years is a long time to not have anything written.
It's complicated enough to have an actual account with writing so to believe a 1,000 year span tradition as factual is totally absurd.
Rumors that certain selected patriarchs were authors of the torah is just as absurd.
Wouldn't you agree?
Cuneiform tablets have been discovered as far back a 3,500 BC, so Genesis could have very well have first been written 5,500 years ago.

Moses' lifetime was calculated at being during 13911271 BC, so there's no way he would've known what generations of Adam were. There's also no way he would've known what happened.

Either God told Moses all of it, or Adam knew how to write in cuneiform also.

Either on makes sense to me. If Adam wrote his book of generations in cuneiform, Moses could read it. Moses was educated in 'all the wisdom of the Egyptians', and was strong in words and in deeds.

Genesis 5:1 says: "This is the book of the generations of Adam." This suggests that the that art of writing was known within the lifetime of Adam. It's absurd to think that God would allow this sacred information to the fraile mid of humans, there's no way they could remember it all.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#527471 Apr 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Crossed" is hardly a big word.
I was referring to "the".
Adam

#527472 Apr 29, 2013
@Boooots

God&#65279; loathes gay friendly arguments like those from you.They are deprived of any foundation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#527473 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Lawest, but I won't go back and read your previous posts, as it is all I can do to keep current on the posts. I have seen what you have posted before, and you have not said anything that you don't continue to say, and which avoids or ignores what others say to you.
Faith is ok for someone who believes in God and thus has the faith, but for someone who doesn't believe in God or thus doesn't have faith in God, it is rather a pointless exercise for you to attempt to 'educate' them to find God. You can't put the cart ahead of the horse. Proved some evidence of the God's existence and you will have people piling on top of each other listening to you.
I am sorry Boooosts if I haven't made it clear to you already ( and I was sure that I had ) that I am not seeking a crowd of people to agree with me or support me in any fashion, those who stand on God's truth and knows that they are doing the right thing before HIS sight, or already contented within their hearts, nothing more is needed.

But however, it is ready yourself who constantly repeat the same diatribe over and again calling for faith when others have told YOU ( myself included ), that without FAITH you will never be able to please God and the understanding of our beliefs and why we believe the way that we do, will never come to you and will forever be a waste of your time and anyone else's who you try to engage into the subject with you, unless you allow the hammer to break the rock to pieces ( the Word hammering at your heart ).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527474 Apr 29, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Im late in answering Lawest but Im good. Ive been running here and there.:) How about you? Are you ok?
HFN
Good evening HFN. I'm good my friend, glad to know that you are alright.(C:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#527475 Apr 29, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh!
Uh!
Anything written before the bible don't count...lol.
May I extend the same courtesy to you..."Sound and Profound".
:)
Ptah smiles...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527476 Apr 29, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
Does Jesus say that gays are born eunuchs? So, basically, the sexual act is a sin, but the state of being born homosexual is basically just a calling to be celibate, or being born as a eunuch?
Being "born" homosexual is not celibacy when you engage in sexual acts with the other person, and no one is "born" that way.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527477 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah.
I'm not reading more quotes from your fairy tales.
Cherry picker bigot you are, and cherry picker bigot you will always be.
Unless of course, you decide to get help for that homophobia you have.
Just as well, you're only making a fool out of yourself trying to argue over something that you are not Blessed to understand.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#527478 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to mention that another option of yours is to follow the rules laid out in the same sections of your bible as the verses you use against others.
(You'll never do that though, we all know you're a hypocritical cherry picker)
What "rules" would that be my dear rabbi?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#527479 Apr 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuneiform tablets have been discovered as far back a 3,500 BC, so Genesis could have very well have first been written 5,500 years ago.
Moses' lifetime was calculated at being during 13911271 BC, so there's no way he would've known what generations of Adam were. There's also no way he would've known what happened.
Either God told Moses all of it, or Adam knew how to write in cuneiform also.
Either on makes sense to me. If Adam wrote his book of generations in cuneiform, Moses could read it. Moses was educated in 'all the wisdom of the Egyptians', and was strong in words and in deeds.
Genesis 5:1 says: "This is the book of the generations of Adam." This suggests that the that art of writing was known within the lifetime of Adam. It's absurd to think that God would allow this sacred information to the fraile mid of humans, there's no way they could remember it all.
Genesis was written back then. It WAS 7 tablets of cuneiform, and it was the Enuma Elish.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#527481 Apr 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>The Word of God tell not only tells those who believe on his Word, but it is confirmed to us through his spirit, and since you don't have that spirit, you have no reference point in understanding these matters.
What is the word of god?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#527482 Apr 29, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
eu-la-la
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EZ5SwfAqkVgXX
HA*HA*HA

.. you may call me Mistress Happy, I won't take offense ..

.. just don't be naughty ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Clark Griswold 777,388
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Rick in Kansas 265,371
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 23 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min June VanDerMark 560,139
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 39 min MUQ2 37,841
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 42 min John Mark 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
More from around the web