Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, Clearwater.
RR's post and mine "crossed in the mail."
Serendipitous, eh?
What did I tell you about them big words?

Dammit, man!

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. that does it! Did RR pop the trunk? Again ??..
<< HL forces Catcher to his knees, ties his hands behind his back with Chesapeake Scarf >>
Catcher: Not too tight, be gentle!
HL: Hush!
<< HL wraps silk scarf over Catcher's mouth >>
Catcher: Mumble, mumble.
<< HL ties Catcher to bedpost >>
<< HL places bible in front of Catcher >>
HL: Now, read it! And, quit mumbling. Here, you can start with Genesis.
<< Interpretation: I want my lawyer >>
Are you wearing thigh-high boots w/stiletto heals while all that is going on?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You are looking at it in a different way than we do Boooots,
It is seeing an existence without all the woe we have here. Not just personal woes but the woes of others too. Who would not see that as a better life? Does not mean we will off ourselves. The truth be known what ever your circumstance in this life on earth, God makes a better way to live it.
Anyway thatís my 2 cents on it.
HFN
I think you have confirmed what I previously said, and you are not familiarizing me with something I do not understand, as I too believed that for 40 some years, though I certainly never wanted to rush it, except on one day when I was at a real low in a very long depression.

The problem with that approach is it is fine, if, what you believe and do not know, to be true, actually, by some strange supernatural miracle, turns out to be true anyway, but if you are wrong, which I have no reason to not think you are but only a bit of evidence that you are, then you are diminishing the value of what you can enjoy in the living body by thinking it is secondary to what your bodiless spirit might enjoy after the body is dead.

Even if you are right, which neither you nor I know the truth of, I think you are still batting better to maximize the enjoyment of what you know exists now. You know you are alive and you know much of what is out there to appreciate; you do not know if a life exists after death (even if you think and state that you know).

If you KNEW that an afterlife was definitely a proved state then this conversation would not even have got started on this site.

I would be interested in how you have felt the hand of God, and I am sure the world would like to know that too, as it might remove any doubt from 7 billion plus people's minds as to what or who God is, or if He exists.

I am sorry if you feel that participating in a discussion is making fun of your beliefs. I try to be nasty only to people who are promoting hatred by specific bigoted ideas that they attribute to their belief in a god. I have no tolerance for bigotry, and I will not dignify a bigot or his comment by being overly polite to him because I think he is a real problem to our world.

If that seems like bigotry, I do not promote hatred against or discrimination against even devout believers, but I will always stand against those who promote hatred against any group of people. I try very hard to never do that myself, though I am sure that occasionally I unconsciously say something that seems like a put down of certain groups.

I will admit that I have become overly conscious of extremely obese people, because Canada, almost as bad as the USA, has a very large majority of overweight and obese people now, and I not only find them not very attractive to the eye, but also upsetting to my intelligence because I cannot imagine how people would allow themselves to get that obese.

I admit my feelings are not very kind, but I never advocate nor vocalize them to others except my wife, and she and I seem to both be similarly sensitive to seeing these people, possibly because we live in a section of the city where there is an inordinate number of them that show up in our nearby stores and malls. We even had on our floor for a number of years two sisters in separate apartments, who would be two of the heaviest people in the world, I am pretty sure, close to our age. Unfortunately for them, they both died at around 60 to 62 years of age and not very far apart in time either.

I also still have a similar reaction to smokers, but having had to put up with them for 66 years, I keep those feelings to myself also, but just see them as not only being addicts, but if young, not being too bright, because they could not possibly have grown up thinking that smoking was a positive thing to do, not in an environment where smoking has been condemned for several decades, and outlawed indoors for a decade or so.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
These days it seems to be fashionable to marry ppl from the same gender.
Where does the idea come from? What are your bases?
It is not fashionable, it is just a right that homosexuals have been denied in most societies for a long time, but are finally seeing most of the progressive societies to recognize they have equal rights to all other people. Like all human rights issues it tends to get a lot of media coverage because it is controversial and people enjoy hearing about controversy.

Fortunately for the public we still have lots of bigoted people to keep entertaining them. Fortunately for society as a whole these bigots are the ones that will soon have nowhere to go but to change their thinking or just keep quiet.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unknown. It is believed to have been compiled around 500BC, but the text and oral traditions are much, much older than that.
It is believed by some that the actual authors of Genesis were Adam, Noah, the sons of Noah, Shem, Ishamel, Isaac, Esau, Jacob and Joseph and it was later composed by Moses. Since Moses predated the compilation by 1,000 years, it's a guesstimate on when the first Torah was composed.
Ok.
I would agree to the compilation of the torah about 500 BCE.
Perhaps slightly earlier.
However, text traditions as you state could not have been written prior to approx. 1,000 BCE.
So then what you actually have is an oral tradition that was in play from the 11th c. BCE to the 20th c. BCE, a span of approx. 1,000 years, dating back to the summoning of Abraham.

A 1,000 years is a long time to not have anything written.
It's complicated enough to have an actual account with writing so to believe a 1,000 year span tradition as factual is totally absurd.

Rumors that certain selected patriarchs were authors of the torah is just as absurd.
Wouldn't you agree?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Are you wearing thigh-high boots w/stiletto heals while all that is going on?
.. of course. My black leather outfit is Catcher's favorite ..
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Jesus is the only way. Repeat, JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY.:)
Experiencing God Day By Day:
The Way
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.(John 14:6)
If you are walking daily with the Lord, you will not have to find Godís willóyou will already be in it. If you are walking with Him in obedience day by day, you will always be in the will of God. The Holy Spiritís role is to guide you step by step to do Godís will. Walking closely with God each day guarantees that you will be exactly where He wants you to be. You would have to reject all of the Holy Spiritís activity in your life in order to get out of the will of God.
The disciples never had to ask Jesus where they should go next. They simply looked to see where Jesus was going and stayed close to Him! Jesus was their ďway.Ē They didnít need a map as long as they had Jesus. Too often, we would prefer a road map of our future rather than a relationship with the Way. It often seems easier to follow a plan than to cultivate a relationship. We can become more concerned with our future than we are with walking intimately with God today.
Jesus will never give you a substitute for Himself. He is the only way to the Father. Thatís why it is critical that you clearly know when God is speaking to you (Isa. 30:21). If you are disoriented to how God speaks, you will not understand when He is giving you a new revelation about what He is doing. If you want to know Godís will, take time to cultivate your relationship with Jesus and learn to identify His voice. He is more than willing to show you_the way.
Herro.
Jesus is the only way to what?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Nothings wrong here. I love it when the truth comes out. You didn't say it but you know you agree with the spirit of it.
So, now you have become a mindreader?

Cool!

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>No I am not imply at all that my understanding is better. I'm saying to seek the true meaning in context to what the verse means.

Your you're, you know what I'm trying to say.
If you're trying to place your opinion of the bible as the right opinion, then you are saying you think you understand the bible better.
It is extremely contradictory to your lack of knowledge in basic spelling and grammar.

So when you claim that you know what the bible says and that the other person is wrong about it, you are lying, for you can't understand it's words if you don't understand the language it is written in.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I tell you about them big words?
Dammit, man!
"Crossed" is hardly a big word.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I 'hate' it when silly anti-christ posters keep coming to this christian forum every day trying POISON the minds of christians and spiritual 'fencesitters' trying to discern fiction from REALITY. Yes, when you children of the devil come here and tell LIES, I'm going to put you in your place, even if it hurts your feelings a little.
LOL
You're funny.
Christians cannot put anyone in their place because they only shoot blanks.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>As with the majority of your fellow atheist here, your mind is stalled and mired in a senseless circular looped argument, one more question to you and then I am through with you on the subject.........why do not only the gentile races who have been adopted and made heirs to the things of God by the blood of Christ Jesus, as well as those Jews who are born again by faith in his name, have to adhere to old ordinances and laws that were especially designed for the Hebrew and Nazarite people?

Also, I have no interest in twisting any of God's Word to demean any "minorities", homosexuality is a sin, stop equating it to a minority group because that is a lie straight from the pit of hell, God has made it clear that this was not meant to be and it is not natural and he has condemned it through the entire Bible, not just in the OT.

Romans 1:21-32
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain [1] God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Blah blah blah.
I'm not reading more quotes from your fairy tales.

Cherry picker bigot you are, and cherry picker bigot you will always be.
Unless of course, you decide to get help for that homophobia you have.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. of course. My black leather outfit is Catcher's favorite ..
Especially when you slowly strip it off.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>As with the majority of your fellow atheist here, your mind is stalled and mired in a senseless circular looped argument, one more question to you and then I am through with you on the subject.........why do not only the gentile races who have been adopted and made heirs to the things of God by the blood of Christ Jesus, as well as those Jews who are born again by faith in his name, have to adhere to old ordinances and laws that were especially designed for the Hebrew and Nazarite people?

Also, I have no interest in twisting any of God's Word to demean any "minorities", homosexuality is a sin, stop equating it to a minority group because that is a lie straight from the pit of hell, God has made it clear that this was not meant to be and it is not natural and he has condemned it through the entire Bible, not just in the OT.

Romans 1:21-32
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain [1] God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Forgot to mention that another option of yours is to follow the rules laid out in the same sections of your bible as the verses you use against others.

(You'll never do that though, we all know you're a hypocritical cherry picker)
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying you can talk to ducks and say something in duck language to hurt their feelings??
Maybe you should go in the pond and comfort them to say your sorry??
I talk to deezhey the duck often.
He doesn't trust christians feeding him...

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget...wicked, immoral, demoniac and angel of darkness.

However...they only call you those things because they love you.
You forgot "abomination."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro.
Jesus is the only way to what?
John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not fashionable, it is just a right that homosexuals have been denied in most societies for a long time, but are finally seeing most of the progressive societies to recognize they have equal rights to all other people. Like all human rights issues it tends to get a lot of media coverage because it is controversial and people enjoy hearing about controversy.
Fortunately for the public we still have lots of bigoted people to keep entertaining them. Fortunately for society as a whole these bigots are the ones that will soon have nowhere to go but to change their thinking or just keep quiet.
itīs not fashionable itīs their right? Who decide it,you?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
Dr REALITY!!!!!!!!! if you belive in Jesus Christ turn yourself in and ask your god for forgivness! You have nothing to do with Christianity at all you are a little bigoted self proclaimed christian hypocrite not better than moslem terrorists who spit their hate on innocent ppl. Christians are different Christians are peaceful people you not. since you have been posting here you have been always abusing the chritian faith for your misleading targets insulting others and connecting them with Satan is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Dr REALITY,if you hear me, turn yourself in and ask for forgiveness from the victims, from the injured, and from those who left. Ask for forgiveness from these people.
(Bell Ringing debuting the announcer)...
"AND ON THIS CORNER WE HAVE....."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You're funny.
Christians cannot put anyone in their place because they only shoot blanks.
Really? Most Christians in the U.S are here in the south. And almost all, got guns. You really think they shoot blanks?? whatcha' been smoking there fella!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

492 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 729,396
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Aquarius-WY 2,140
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Naveen kumar 901
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Tim Osman 117,690
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 6 min Wanderer2452 527
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 536,829
Police face challenges and frustrations in manhunt (Sep '06) 8 min Who Me 162
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 259,029
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••