“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#527359 Apr 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol lol I knew a older woman many years ago who had some sons.
They go out drinkin and parting.lol and come home to her house.
She say great day in the mornin thoses boys got to scrapin cause
they got out and got into that devil volkaka again.lol lol.
Just sharing.
LOL!
I used ta do that too. It was a ritual for a while. HEY! We helped ta expand the local police dept. I never got no awards for it though. Some appreciation huh?
hahah hah!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#527360 Apr 29, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But your wrong. Its how he words his opinions.
Tell me what you think of this example:
Lets say some christian lady in Kentucky stumbles across topix. She finds the WSJLM thread and says hmmm, this sounds interesting. The lady reads along , and sees some posts of IANS to, lets say skom, or LW, or Epi. He has insulted all of them and put their belief system down.
Now lets say the lady starts to post. She engages Ians in a friendly manner and Ians returns the respect. But she cant help but notice how he still puts down her belief system and other christians.
She trys to explain to Ians that he's wrong and in classic Ians fashion he tells her he doesnt care, its her problem its how he feels about her religion and he wont back down because hes here to cleanse the world of chriastianity once and for all. She may or may not drop it for the time being.
Later on she sees another degrading Ians post and says enough. She calls him a name or two.
Do you really think the lady from Kentucky has not been insulted? Do you really think she started it?
.. the sweet lady from KY has not personally been insulted, her belief system, her God, has been insulted. She then personalizes the interaction, responds in anger or frustration and indulges in name-calling ..

.. because we are human and respond emotionally, learning to separate a concept from a personal attack is difficult, especially when it comes to belief systems ..

.. neither Peace Warrior, Epi or Sereh indulge in name-calling, their posts reflect an emotional maturity. Hot heads go into warrior mode and begin the personal attacks, a sure sign of emotional and spiritual immaturity ..

.. your rebuttal is valid because many people respond from a gut level instead of detaching from the resentment and anger, focusing on the meat of the argument and refuting their foe ..

Location hidden

#527361 Apr 29, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
I do <smile>
:)

Location hidden

#527362 Apr 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.- Lazarus Long
Thanks. Great thought there, and so true.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#527363 Apr 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Boooosts, what is the point of going over these matters with you, you cannot comprehend them because you cannot believe, you are without faith, so it would all be a waste of time, go back and read some of my previous posts on the subject if you want to understand what I am saying.
Thanks, Lawest, but I won't go back and read your previous posts, as it is all I can do to keep current on the posts. I have seen what you have posted before, and you have not said anything that you don't continue to say, and which avoids or ignores what others say to you.

Faith is ok for someone who believes in God and thus has the faith, but for someone who doesn't believe in God or thus doesn't have faith in God, it is rather a pointless exercise for you to attempt to 'educate' them to find God. You can't put the cart ahead of the horse. Proved some evidence of the God's existence and you will have people piling on top of each other listening to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#527364 Apr 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Easy"? Where was the unambiguous definition of vault and dome in those scriptures? There was none.

This is EXACTLY what I mean. You have no special insights into the bible, just unsupported opinions.
We're discussing "vault" and "dome", well the "vault" of heaven is a crucial concept. The word “firmament” appears in the King James version of the Old Testament 17 times, and in each case it is translated from the Hebrew word raqiya, which meant the visible vault of the sky, which is space - the universe, that bible calls it "the heavens".

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#527365 Apr 29, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we're safe now. BT caught Catcher when his flight landed, locked him back in my car trunk with a flashlight and a bible ..
.. he's been whimpering and screaming all morning ..
.. any suggestions ??..
BT is whimpering and screaming?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#527366 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Lawest, but I won't go back and read your previous posts, as it is all I can do to keep current on the posts. I have seen what you have posted before, and you have not said anything that you don't continue to say, and which avoids or ignores what others say to you.
You can't put the cart ahead of the horse. Proved some evidence of the God's existence and you will have people piling on top of each other listening to you.

who="boooots"
Faith is ok for someone who believes in God and thus has the faith, but for someone who doesn't believe in God or thus doesn't have faith in God, it is rather a pointless exercise for you to attempt to 'educate' them to find God.
your words [[it is rather a pointless exercise]] a rather pointless exercise.

And YET, you keep engaging the Jesus Follower in a QuOtE "a rather pointless exercise"

So pray tell, please explain,[why] do you engage in pointless exercises? What is...{wait for it}...the point???
Clearwater

Hollywood, FL

#527367 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Depressing, and in my case it makes me angry because I think of the people who get sucked into these "Rapture" scares and do really dumb things which always harms their families.
Not sure how many time I have to say it this is not true. Unhappy lesbian says it over and over and you sit there and agree. That makes me sad. But something tells me this lie, that I wish the world would end will be repeated. Don't you get it? Saying that I look forward to the hope every Christian has in Jesus Christ doesn't equall hope the world ends.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#527368 Apr 29, 2013

What's amazing about that? The first scripture is contradicted by Psalm 104:5:“Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
It's amazing because even though th language is, poetical, the fact is wonderful: the earth is so placed in space that it remains as stable as if it were a fixture.
Finally, your use of the phrase "for his time" is telling. Aren't these supposed to be the words of a timeless and omniscient god?
They are, and they're written so that we can understand them.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#527369 Apr 29, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure how many time I have to say it this is not true. Unhappy lesbian says it over and over and you sit there and agree. That makes me sad. But something tells me this lie, that I wish the world would end will be repeated. Don't you get it? Saying that I look forward to the hope every Christian has in Jesus Christ doesn't equall hope the world ends.
You must admit that, if the world were to end, it would put you out of your misery.

With Established Harem

#527370 Apr 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
BT is whimpering and screaming?
.. that does it! Did RR pop the trunk? Again ??..

<< HL forces Catcher to his knees, ties his hands behind his back with Chesapeake Scarf >>

Catcher: Not too tight, be gentle!

HL: Hush!

<< HL wraps silk scarf over Catcher's mouth >>

Catcher: Mumble, mumble.

<< HL ties Catcher to bedpost >>

<< HL places bible in front of Catcher >>

HL: Now, read it! And, quit mumbling. Here, you can start with Genesis.

<< Interpretation: I want my lawyer >>
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#527372 Apr 29, 2013

With Established Harem

#527373 Apr 29, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED** Unhappy lesbian says it over and over and you sit there and agree.
.. no, I asserted it 1x. I think LeLe & Ain have also noticed your depressing posts. Perhaps you have me confused with them ??..

Location hidden

#527375 Apr 29, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we're safe now. BT caught Catcher when his flight landed, locked him back in my car trunk with a flashlight and a bible ..
.. he's been whimpering and screaming all morning ..
.. any suggestions ??..
Yes.
Take the "flashlight" away.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#527378 Apr 29, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
please?
don't post Neo nazi metalica hard rock?"arian nation?
Ha ha?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#527379 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
So you say. But you fail to support that claim. I say you're wrong (see below).
<quoted text>
I've shown you multiple scriptures that contradict you, including these:
[1] Dan 4:10-11 - "there was a tree at the center of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew great and strong, its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the ends of the whole earth."
[2] Matt 4:8 - "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor"
I say you're wrong about these scriptures. They contradict your claim that the bible does not report a flat earth.
Your choice to disregard them is part of your confirmation bias that simply doesn't want to admit that the bible writers had no divine knowledge.
You can think I'm wrong about the scriptures all you want, just remember that I'm not the one reading them like a novel, you are.

"Foundations of the earth", for example, is not a literal foundation of brick, mortar, concrete and rebar. I can't fathom why you would think it's literal.

You do the same with the "pillars of the earth", and the illustration you posted showed your mental image of literal pillars, a literal dome and a literal foundation

It's your inability to understand the bible that makes us not care what you think or post.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#527380 Apr 29, 2013
I saw in the night visions and behold one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven and came to the ancient of days and they brought him near before him.

And there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom that all people nations and languages should serve him:his dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
Daniel 7:13&14

From the Land of Enchantment
Walk always in the light.
Until we meet again.
Tender (((kisses)))

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#527381 Apr 29, 2013

Your data are wrong. Christianity is dying in both Canada and Mexico. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Mexi... :
"Roman Catholics are 82.7% of the total [Mexican] population, down from 96% in 1970. The number of Mexican Catholics has fallen by 5% in the first decade of the 21st century"
Intellectual dishonesty? tsk, tsk, tsk, IANS.

The number of Mexican Catholics has fallen 5% because Mexican Protestants has risen 5%. It's a wash.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#527382 Apr 29, 2013
Nick wrote:
Your just doing anything to undermine truth and God's word by taking a verse and misrepresenting or twisting its meaning to suit your arguement.
Were you planning to support that claim? It should be easy if it is valid. Remember, we're not interested in what you merely want to believe, but what you know and can demonstrate. Your opinions carry no weight with people that don't know you.
Nick wrote:
Can you find me something better than the 2 previous verses you used.

These?:

[1] Dan 4:10-11 - "there was a tree at the center of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew great and strong, its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the ends of the whole earth."

[2] Matt 4:8 - "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor"

You didn't offer any support for your claim that those verses don't indicate a flat earth. You merely asserted it, and I thanked you for your opinion. But you have to support your claim, or the argument stands unrebutted, and the answer to your question is that I don't need to produce more evidence.

Go ahead and cite the biblical verse that unambiguously and without contradiction elsewhere affirms that those scriptures do not mean that their authors thought and were teaching that the world was flat - if you can.

I know you can't, making your comments nothing more than your opinion, which have no persuasive power.
Nick wrote:
Just dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse.
A one verse wonder? I guess you mean that nothing in your bible should be believed if it appears only once. That's pretty funny.

I'm adding it to the list:

[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.

[snip]

[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.
[26] You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?
[27] Dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min USA Born 567,612
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 794,249
Superbowl Prediction: Patriots 28 Seahawks 26 3 min Doctor REALITY 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 9 min HipGnosis 512
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min WasteWater 120,648
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min WasteWater 5,313
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 17 min Doctor REALITY 478
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Pegasus 267,334
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web