Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#527305 Apr 29, 2013
Nice seeing ya....Will check back in later

Have a Blessed and Peace Filled Day today!!
Nick

Australia

#527306 Apr 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say. But you fail to support that claim. I say you're wrong (see below).
<quoted text>
I've shown you multiple scriptures that contradict you, including these:
[1] Dan 4:10-11 - "there was a tree at the center of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew great and strong, its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the ends of the whole earth."
[2] Matt 4:8 - "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor"
I say you're wrong about these scriptures. They contradict your claim that the bible does not report a flat earth.
Your choice to disregard them is part of your confirmation bias that simply doesn't want to admit that the bible writers had no divine knowledge.
Dan ch4 v10-11 This is a part of Nebuchadnezzer's dream. A tree pictures Nebuchadnezzar after 605BC.

This is why Nebuchadnezzar seeked to have his dream interpretted. This verse has nothing to do with the earth being flat.

Matt ch4v8 is about when the devil, taking Jesus up on a highest mountain, showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

This is again has nothing to do with a flat earth. This is spiritually for when they where on the highest moutain they were not trapped in our dimensions and time.

I think your misunderstanding the true meaning.
None of your references are supporting your arguement of the world being flat.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#527307 Apr 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning.....
” Every woman should have a blowtorch”
~ Julia Child
Thought for the Day
>>> Epi!<<<
Like this?

or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
>>>Hugs<<< with a smile.
Next for you is really 'cute'. I thought of you when I saw it today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Shalom Sister Butterfly. Tho we may miss posts to each other hope this at least brings a smile for your day.
Love always.(((*()*))

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#527308 Apr 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
John 3:30

"PEACE I LEAVE WITH YOU; MY PEACE I GIVE YOU. I DO NOT GIVE TO YOU AS THE WORLD GIVES. DO NOT LET YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED AND DO NOT BE AFRAID."
( John 14:27 )

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#527309 Apr 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
"What Is Hanukkah?
All About the Jewish Holiday of Hanukkah (Chanukkah)"

"Hanukkah (sometimes transliterated Chanukkah) is a Jewish holiday celebrated for eight days and nights. It starts on the 25th of the Jewish month of Kislev, which coincides with late November-late December on the secular calendar."

"In Hebrew, the word "hanukkah" means "dedication." The name reminds us that this holiday commemorates the re-dedication of the holy Temple in Jerusalem following the Jewish victory over the Syrian-Greeks in 165 B.C.E."

The Hanukkah Story
http://judaism.about.com/od/holidays/a/hanukk...

~S*H*A*L*O*M~

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#527310 Apr 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Ooops!
The Song
&li st=PL2xJspzvHg5nvZNtAGFi3a9kiV 4xEEuzg&index=145
Light up the night.

God Bless
Nick

Australia

#527311 Apr 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You've changed your tune again, you deceitful worm. You suggested that we reduce our level of ridicule "for the benefit" of all. Now you've shape-shifted to a new argument in the midst of that one.
But to answer your question, yes, I do embrace tolerance and a tolerant society. Do you have an inkling what that means? It includes ridiculing your church into irrelevance.
Your just doing anything to undermine truth and God's word by taking a verse and misrepresenting or twisting its meaning to suit your arguement.

Can you find me something better than the 2 previous verses you used. Just dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#527312 Apr 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
John 3:30

New Living Translation (©2007)
"But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture."

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#527313 Apr 29, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your just doing anything to undermine truth and God's word by taking a verse and misrepresenting or twisting its meaning to suit your arguement.
Can you find me something better than the 2 previous verses you used. Just dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse.
So YOU'RE saying that YOUR understanding of the bible is better than the understanding of those that can tell the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#527314 Apr 29, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse.
mmmmmmmmmm
For you Nick... seeing I just posted a 'one verse' for Epi re
healing! So here's the full story of.

<< Malachi 4 >>
King James Bible
The Great Day of the Lord

1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Peace to you and yours.
Nick

Australia

#527315 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU'RE saying that YOUR understanding of the bible is better than the understanding of those that can tell the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE?
No I am not imply at all that my understanding is better. I'm saying to seek the true meaning in context to what the verse means.

Your you're, you know what I'm trying to say.
Nick

Australia

#527317 Apr 29, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
mmmmmmmmmm
For you Nick... seeing I just posted a 'one verse' for Epi re
healing! So here's the full story of.
<< Malachi 4 >>
King James Bible
The Great Day of the Lord
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
Peace to you and yours.
Thank you for sharing the passage.

My point is people who try to undermine or misrepresent the bible refer to a verse to support a fruitless arguement (for example) of the earth being flat.

So when on this occassion just reading that one verse is implying that the bible confirms the earth is flat. But the verse was not implying the earth is flat at all.

People who like undermining the bible tend to be one verse wonders in my view.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#527318 Apr 29, 2013
Serah wrote:
The only differences between your arguments and mine are that I didn't call them names, just got over it and got on with it.
There are many differences between our arguments, one being that I don't sit for personally abusive language.
Serah wrote:
How many friends do you think I have who are non believers v believers? Do you think I treat them differently?
Why not? You treated the Dunce and me differently, and You treated the Dimwit and me differently before that. That was my point - your double standard for judgement.

Keep in mind that my insults are all in response to unprovoked insults hurled earlier, as I have begun now with Dung. It was very clear exactly when things changed between us - right after his deceitful worm comment. Why would I sit for that? So that you don't have to see an exchange of unpleasantries? Why would I do that? You didn't seem to mind them when they were directed at me. What did you do for me when those people were launching those battles?

The message you send by your choices is that you are partial to the believers, and have no interest in diminishing the abusive of an unbeliever by a believer, just the other way around.

Fennario

#527319 Apr 29, 2013
Serah wrote:
And that is the point I am making ~ you are choosing to carry on in a childish fashion, rather than take the mature way of getting over it.
I don't believe that those are your values given how you apply them. Why don't you express such opinions to my co-combatants?
Serah wrote:
I have been told that you are an intelligent person with good points to point out ~ it would be much better reading these postings that you have to offer than taunting name calling insults, in my opinion, of course!!
Then I suggest that you get involved earlier in these disputes, and indicate a modicum of impartiality when you do. I have been abundantly clear on my position regarding the use of such language.

Also, I no longer expect you or any other faith based believer to be interested in my arguments.

Look Serah - if you want you preference respected, you'll have to do better by me, and we both know that that's not going to happen, don't we? You have no argument here, just an insulting judgment.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#527320 Apr 29, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing the passage.
My point is people who try to undermine or misrepresent the bible refer to a verse to support a fruitless arguement (for example) of the earth being flat.
So when on this occassion just reading that one verse is implying that the bible confirms the earth is flat. But the verse was not implying the earth is flat at all.
People who like undermining the bible tend to be one verse wonders in my view.
There is nothing new about this type of thing Nick, and those who want to undermine... enjoy doing so. I prefer as Jesus said...

"46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

It is just one example answering your post. But I try not to discuss others regardless of their beliefs. For those who will try you as equally as you may 'judge'[for the want of a term here,] them... already are free thinking free willed adults who choose not to believe as equally as we choose to believe. And I see things differently, in that God uses whom he will to test our faith, while we are refined as gold in the fires of his choice. Just as Job too was tried.

If you know the truth and are free, then you should also be able to explain without despair of others choices. We all at some time or other go through such things. Too many fail to see God's hand in our molding as we grow... unless we crumble under the pressure of our own lack of faith. And many times lack of an answer.

I have seen Christians throw as many stones at others for not believing. That is no reason to thrown more stones back in the Light of Truth itself.

God Bless you my Friend.

Nick

Australia

#527321 Apr 29, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing new about this type of thing Nick, and those who want to undermine... enjoy doing so. I prefer as Jesus said...
"46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
It is just one example answering your post. But I try not to discuss others regardless of their beliefs. For those who will try you as equally as you may 'judge'[for the want of a term here,] them... already are free thinking free willed adults who choose not to believe as equally as we choose to believe. And I see things differently, in that God uses whom he will to test our faith, while we are refined as gold in the fires of his choice. Just as Job too was tried.
If you know the truth and are free, then you should also be able to explain without despair of others choices. We all at some time or other go through such things. Too many fail to see God's hand in our molding as we grow... unless we crumble under the pressure of our own lack of faith. And many times lack of an answer.
I have seen Christians throw as many stones at others for not believing. That is no reason to thrown more stones back in the Light of Truth itself.
God Bless you my Friend.
God bless you and His peace.

Fennario

#527322 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
I don't see a whole lot of point of attacking their beliefs
I do, if by attack you mean rebut and ridicule those beliefs.
boooots wrote:
I will though post a refutation when I see a believer making a statement that he claims is true, when the known truth is that he is wrong.
Me, too.
boooots wrote:
Many of the fanatics who feel the necessity to prove their belief by demonstrating how evil their opponents are, are not doing right, and I am offended by such behavior.
Me, too.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#527323 Apr 29, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep ~ eternal love :)
Woohoo.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#527324 Apr 29, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, they like me, do not believe in a god or an afterlife, though they, like me, at least Happy Lesbo, at one time did, and they see you posting about looking forward to the next life, or the the end times (perhaps not your words), as seeking an end from something you see now as being bad. That does appear to have the signs of someone who feel death is more attractive than life.
.. it seems Chris sees the world as an evil place and without a savior, humanity is doomed ..

.. that's depressing ..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#527325 Apr 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
I am heathen according to your doctrine.
.. OH !!, that's why I like you so much ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 min Baby-j2cra 164
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min PELE78 47,725
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min 2all 646,307
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min WasteWater 2,004
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 14 min Mustang GT Girl 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min X Pendable 182,614
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min VIKING 971,543
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr oneear69 38,711
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web