Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526862 Apr 28, 2013
UidiotRaceMakeWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>, you not only one as Even the some of American affluent class is leaving US and renouncing their US citizenship. ANd many immigrant Professional like China, india ... are leaving America in masses.

Why you left?
We can imagine an equilibrium in the balance of competing attracting and repelling forces that hold us or push us. Initially, we are all pretty firmly bound to our motherlands.

But a series of incidents led to a weakening of that bond, and with the superposition of new repelling forces, I eventually left.

The initial bond was already a little damaged. I was an atheist all through childhood, and felt a little put off by the national motto "In God We Trust." I refused to say the Pledge Of Allegiance in school. I think that those things had an unintended adverse psychological effect on me as an unbeliever.

Later, as a physician, I felt repeatedly betrayed by my government, beginning in the late eighties with the advent of the HMO. Then came a series of other issues that I summarized elsewhere [ http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ] which ultimately left me feeling very much like a target of my government. This professional part not only widened the gap between America and me, but it gave me incentive to retire young, which meant aggressively saving.

As a liberal American, I also felt repeatedly betrayed by the government. It began with Reagan getting a walk form Iran Contra, then with the abuse of Clinton culminating in the impeachment. When Nancy Pelosi became Speaker in 2006 and announced that impeachment of Bush was off the table, and then the Democratic Congress that had been ushered in that year on a mandate to end the Iraqi war approved every nickel of Bush's war budget, I just assumed that democracy was dying, and that I was no longer represented.

You can lose trust for your government without losing your attachment to your country, but not if you find half the country is just as alien as the government. The rise of hate radio and the incredible ugliness of the Christians and the conservatives left me feeling like I didn't care about approximately 50% of the people that I had once considered fellow Americans.

The low point was the way that the Iraq war dissenters were treated by the culture at large. The right called us cowards, appeasers, terrorist lovers, America haters, aiders and abettors, liberal parasites, a disease, Communists - anything but fellow American. It got pretty depressing, and I think that my last attachments to America were severed when almost nobody disagreed with them.

Remember, liberal dissenters were cordoned off into Orwellian "free speech zones," profiled, harassed, brutalized and beaten for expressing dissent. That was apparently OK with America, which was extremely divisive and disheartening to me. I didn't really want to live with those people any more. Nor did I want to contribute taxes.

All of that was cutting the cord.

Add several threats looming large: failure of the banks, runaway inflation, collapse of the dollar, governemntal insolvency, runaway national debt, and even talk of civil war and martial law. Retirement accounts disappearing, the stock market was unstable, there were bailouts galore, and unemployment and recession.

Plus there was an erosion of rights and privacy, and by 2009, it was time to close the office, and take the wife, the dogs, and our savings somewhere far away.

Circumstances forced life changes on us that we would never have found without help. We landed on our feet in an idyllic existence that we had never envisioned. If I were a Christian, I would say that the Lord blessed us - that he did all of this for us. All of those problems were resolved. We feel safe, welcome and connected again.

Hope that gives you a sense of it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#526863 Apr 28, 2013
The King James translation of the Bible uses the word Easter. At the time of this translation as it is today, when the word Easter is used, passover or the crucificion and resurection is what is meant. For that is what it has come to mean. While the words origin is the godess of fertility. Do I then say that the King James translation is wrong? No, I don't. Because I know what the word meant to the translater through context and a little research.(Let him that reads understand):) Because I know the origin, I like to use the terms passover and crucifiction and resurection. The meaning of the passage that uses the word easter is not changed by what in my oppinion is a poor choice of word. The message remains the same. Just some of my thought on the matter.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#526864 Apr 28, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're restricted 'mentally',and yet no one's bothering YOU about it.
YOU are.
I was showing compassion.
YOU seem to love to hate.
Did your pastor teach you that?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#526865 Apr 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Who claimed that those words are proof of anything other than that the bible contradicts itself even in its description of a flat earth. It contradicts itself further when it says that the earth is immovably fixed on pillars, and hanging or suspended.
<quoted text>
Allusions to sphericity?
Job 26:10 - He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.
Proverbs 8:27 - When he established the heavens, I was there; when he drew a circle on the face of the deep
Isaiah 40:22 - He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Ecclesiastes 1:6 - Blowing toward the south, Then turning toward the north, The wind continues swirling along; And on its circular courses the wind returns.
Psalm 19:6 - The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end. Nothing can hide from its heat.
A circle is most definitely not a sphere. On is flat, the other not. Do you put an ice square in your drink, or an ice cube? Do the Egyptians have triangles at Giza, or pyramids?
By the way, those last two weren't referring to the earth. They referred to the apparent paths of the wind and sun respectively, which obviously cannot be spherical.
What you're missing is that the last two clearly describe the earth as spherical, not flat.

Proverbs 8:27 also suggests a round earth by use of the word circle. If you are overlooking the ocean, the horizon appears as a circle. This circle on the horizon is described in Job 26:10.

The circle on the face of the waters is one of the proofs that the Greeks used for a spherical earth. But it's in Job, ages before the Greeks discovered it.

Job 26:10 indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins. This suggests day and night on a spherical globe.

The implication of a round earth is seen in the book of Luke, where Jesus described his return, Luke 17:31. Jesus said,“In that day,” then in verse 34,“In that night.” This is an allusion to light on one side of the globe and darkness on the other simultaneously.

Your misinterpretation of the four corners, foundations of the earth, pillars of the earth, etc. are just that. YOUR misinterpretations. As they are obviously allergorical in their writing form, it's obvious that people like you really, really want the bible to be wrong so you mix-match the scriptures to fit your skeptic theories.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#526866 Apr 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. animals splash in puddles. What a free, wonderful life they have. We can learn from the animals ..
Some also eat their own young. Others eat their own vomit.

Rom 1:25
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#526867 Apr 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> YOU are.
I was showing compassion.
YOU seem to love to hate.
Did your pastor teach you that?
Sure not any pastor I've ever met. For God so loved the world (the people) I've been witness to much hate and bigotry. This forum just about every day is a witness to it. Sad that most times its the very people that claim they can't stand it. Just more of do as we say, not as we do. I have been called a bigot and standing on hate. Repeating a lie many time doesn't make it true.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526868 Apr 28, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 526510
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean.
Why is it always like this with you? Why can't you simply supply information? You are accusing me of libel, but can't bother to specify how, or link to whatever libelous thing you think I said.
Now please go back to http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... or wherever else you think you need to be, and make your case properly. What was a "Nice copy/paste nut job"? What part was removed? What libel?
Regarding character flaws, this is what I posted:
"Lie? There you go again. You can't simply disagree, or consider that I might be correct, or inadvertently in error. You have to make the least charitable and most derogatory interpretation possible. That's a character flaw. And I find it in every other one of you faithers."
Please show me where I "accused [you] of having a flawed character them proceeded to show that same 'flaw' in [my] own post." Did I call you a liar when you might have been correct or have made an inadvertent error?
Is there any validity to anything you have posted in this discussion?
You're a deceitful little worm. I can't provide a link right now, but on page 25323, your post# 526178, you wrote:
Have you read the Sermon On The Mount? You're expected to suck it up and be meek, turn the other cheek, tell the guy who slapped you twice how much you love him with a big smile, and be grateful to your god that he used you that way.

Welcome to Doormat City.

By the way, that was a pretty damned good sentence you crafted. Would you agree that two "while"s so close together is suboptimal? Just drop the second one.

You're not as ghetto as you pretend.

===

Then when you accused me of having a flawed character, you deleted the "doormat city" and "ghetto" repsonses that YOU wrote, in an attempt to hide what you wrote, in fact making you the one with the same "flawed character" you accuse me of.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#526869 Apr 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Can you guess what I'm thinking you can eat?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526870 Apr 28, 2013
You believe what you want to believe, then use your bible to try to justify it
No, IANS. That's how you roll, not me.

I'm honest, your'e not.

Remember, you said a person can interpret the Bible any way they want? THAT'S your deceit. THAT'S why you misinterpret the Bible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526871 Apr 28, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 526517
<quoted text>
Here we go again - accusations with even the slightest effort at being clear about what you mean, or supporting your claim.
What quote are you referring to? Please show me where I didn't quote you properly. Show us with links what you said, what I quoted, and how I misrepresented you - or whatever your gripe is.
My 'gripe' is your apparent lack of honesty.

I did not write: "[The church] doesn't define [who is moral and who is to be despised.] already, hasn't in a while."

But you responded to it as if I did.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526872 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
We've been over it countless times. Start with this:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You'll be asking for this again in two more months, so why don't you just bookmark it now.
There's nothing to bookmark, just a link to a 20-post page.

Which one are you wanting me to look at? Why can't you be specific?

It's so stupid how you people post a link to a Topix page and say; "Here, read this".

It's like O_o which one??

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526873 Apr 28, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Sure, you and IANS can make sport of me.
Nah, not you. Never.
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I still have a chauffeur. I still have body guards.
Is this part for real? Because I might have to start making sport of you after all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526874 Apr 28, 2013
Christianity is growing where it is least well known. It is dying in the West where it is known all too well.
Sure, pal. Mexico is over 95% Christian, you should be happy there. And Canada's Christians are rising at a rate of 2.5%.

Last I checked, Mexico and Canada are also in "the west"....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526875 Apr 28, 2013
I suspect that wherever seasoned Topix skeptics go, they are the authoritative voices on the matter.
I suspect that wherever seasoned Topix skeptics go, they are the most egotistical voices on the matter.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526876 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Have you forgotten already? Perhaps that's your intention when you drag these things out.
YOU WROTE: "Are you assuming that heaven is in space? Or that angels reside in space?"
I WROTE: "That is what was taught. Your bible teaches that there is a dome over the flat earth separating it from heaven, and that your god walks on it amidst clouds"
YOU WROTE: "Why do you lie and interject the "flat eart" into your opinions?"
That a diversion from your original point that heaven is not up in space, which was never revisited once you diverted with the flat earth. Now you have forgotten that you said that and ask, "What's your point."
This is the reason for my allusion to the myth of Sissyphus, who was "compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever." This would be the fate of any poster that takes you at face value. He would make no progress however hard he toils.
Funny that you never answered why you lied and interjected the flat earth thing....

It was no diversion, I was trying to get you to open your eyes and realize what you're typing.

"Your bible teaches that there is a dome over the earth separating it from heaven"

would be jsut as effective to illustrate your point as:

'Your bible teaches that there is a dome over the flat earth separating it from heaven"

But you added "flat" in there in an attempt to start an argument, or to further your non-point.

Again, you're a deceitful little turd, IANS. You can't remember your lies from your truths. Which is likely the reason you save everything.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526877 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
About a decade sooner in America.
Did you know that the relative birth rates of whites in America has been falling, and has recently dropped below 50%?
"Demographic Tipping Point: Whites Now Less than Half of US Births"
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/demogr...
It's a brave new world.
What does the birth rate of whites have to do with the number of Christians?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#526878 Apr 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure not any pastor I've ever met. For God so loved the world (the people) I've been witness to much hate and bigotry. This forum just about every day is a witness to it. Sad that most times its the very people that claim they can't stand it. Just more of do as we say, not as we do. I have been called a bigot and standing on hate. Repeating a lie many time doesn't make it true.
I know Chris. I have watched it in silence. Sadly, I am guilty of contributing to it also.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526879 Apr 28, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously there is evidence, for the way one treats another is evidence of their love.
That's just evidence of treatment, not love.

Try harder.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526880 Apr 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not wrong.
I checked his links.
All but the 2nd of the 5 links are permalinks, and I assume he unintentionally copied that 2nd link improperly.
Permalinks go to a specific post and end this way:
..../post526221
And the above is actually the post his first link leads to.
A permalink will place the specific post first in your browser's viewing area, unless the post in relation to the page length prohibits that. Regardless, the specific post will always be one of the posts that are immediately visible when you hit the page after following the link.
But the URL will not show up in your browser's URL field that way once you follow the the link.
So now the question is, will you admit you were wrong?
I clicked on all five links. Every one to me to a specific page on Topix, but not to a specific post.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#526881 Apr 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. animals splash in puddles. What a free, wonderful life they have. We can learn from the animals ..
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you have a way of taking something beautiful and making it something ugly ..

.. here, make something vile out of this ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 38 min coco 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brandy trujillo 980,109
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web