Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#526698 Apr 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sure your head and brain is flat like dinner plate or frankenstein flat head
Bible in the book of Job describe earth as hanging on nothing,and people residing on her like grasshoopers?
ancient arabic,or middle east till today have mariage custom to get mariage with 12 years old women or older
according to your stupid western brain it is phedophile or molestation
according to the tribes of arabic nations,families and this girl it was and still is great Gods Privilage to married such young women and take care all her life- feed her,babies, make her beautiful noble humble wife of precious home or tents of wandering nomads?
today western clowns bambling about phedofiles,or child molestations,but they don't hesitate to give this child for adoption to the sexual perverts.gays,lesbians, and all kind of church spiritual leaders pigs abusing those young people?
go to the hell with you,your atheism,and BS based on very low IQ,and very low education,morals and fricking cow manure atheism?
Muhamad was illiterate leader of arabs uniting them by new religion called Islam,against bloody christianity crusades against Arabic tribes
But Muhamad was not child molestor,or phedophile,
rather you are phedophile and idiot posting such low prifile education and LIES?
Don't get angry at me, child. It's not my fault Mohammed was a pedophile or that that is acceptable to his followers.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#526699 Apr 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Masada.
Masada is one of the most spectacular sites in the Holy Land.The city is on the flat top of almost inaccessible rock buff that thrust dramatically upward from the wilderness floor near the Dead Sea.
It is fortified Jewish community that began in the second century B.C.The Romans had a garrison there about A.D.6 until A.D.66.When the Jews revolted and took it over again.
Bible fact book
Suicide.

They embraced it?

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to,'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.- Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.

~ William Shakespear ?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526700 Apr 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. for a brief time, Buck was our gift. Few people recognized the genius within ..
I guess that I missed that, too - the genius part. Instead of a genius, I saw a guy that kept shooting himself in the foot. I saw a guy that was lavished with gifts and opportunities, but threw it all away violently and self-indulgently.

I saw a guy who was unable to be a friend to others even a tiny bit. I saw a guy who, from the depths of failure, lectured the rest of us on living.

He despised Catcher, polymath and me in particular. We all tried to help and befriend him, but he was like a wounded bull. He argued with us each in our fields of expertise based on his jailhouse education, including constitutional law with Catcher, and math and physics with polymath.

What was the genius part you saw? His wit? His charm? He had a little of each, but they were diluted and antagonized by his stubborn, bellicose, foolishness. He threatened us all with violence. He seemed committed to isolation, hostility and failure, and I considered him dangerous.

Location hidden

#526701 Apr 27, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
yes Mam, it probably does.
"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house All that cold, cold, wet day.
I sat there with Sally, we sat there we two. And I said,“How I wish we had something to do!” Too wet to go out and too cold to play ball. So we sat in the house. We did nothing at all." ~Dr. Seuss

We look at life differently. You got old. You sit in the house while I play in the rain. You dismiss me, read your Bible and shudder while I run outside and splash in the puddles.

There are more choices than you think.

Fennario

#526702 Apr 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Very possibly. It would be difficult to find two Christians that agreed an everything about their bible and god. Or do you disagree?
Chris Clearwater wrote:
So? This forum is filled with Christ haters like and many others? Show me anywhere where two people agree on everything and it is a lie. Thank God He made us all different, it is the spice of life!
Riverside Redneck was arguing as if he had the skinny on what the bible meant, implying that I was unable to correctly interpret the scriptures. I pointed out that his scriptures were vague and contradicted one another, making any authoritative pronouncements just personal opinion. I supported that contention by noting that no two of you could agree about what your bible meant.

I reject the claims of Christians who try to dismiss the opinions of unbelievers about the bible because they are unbelievers, as if faith in the scriptures gave them special insights.In fact, faith is a confirmation bias that pretty much insures that you read or understand the bible objectively. And look at how many of you can't read a sentence and paraphrase it accurately.

Fennario

#526703 Apr 27, 2013
I am showing you where your bible contradicts something you posted. It doesn't matter that you can also find other scriptures that contradict that. If your bible contradicts itself, it means that it both agrees with you and contradicts you at the same time, which is no better for your argument than if that bible merely contradicted and not itself as well. You can hardly misrepresent such nonsense.

I'm wasting my time trying to explain this to you, aren't I?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, your wasting your time if you think you're gonna convince anyone (other than atheists) that you know anything about the bible other than its words.
That's what I just told Chris Clearwater you think. I told him that you were pretty dogmatic about interpreting your bible, even though no two of you seemed to be able to agree about what it said.
Tide with Beach wrote:
Every instance where a word/phrase/sentence/passage can be interpreted in more than one way creates another interpretive pathway. There should be several billion combinations, if not more. Are you good at math? Let's say there is a sentence with three ambiguous words. Each of these words could mean two different things. How many ways can the sentence be interpreted?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
One. The proper way.
Yeah, there it is - just like that.

Fennario

#526704 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Maybe you could try less ridicule.
Maybe...
Why? For your benefit or mine?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#526705 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess that I missed that, too - the genius part. Instead of a genius, I saw a guy that kept shooting himself in the foot. I saw a guy that was lavished with gifts and opportunities, but threw it all away violently and self-indulgently.
I saw a guy who was unable to be a friend to others even a tiny bit. I saw a guy who, from the depths of failure, lectured the rest of us on living.
He despised Catcher, polymath and me in particular. We all tried to help and befriend him, but he was like a wounded bull. He argued with us each in our fields of expertise based on his jailhouse education, including constitutional law with Catcher, and math and physics with polymath.
What was the genius part you saw? His wit? His charm? He had a little of each, but they were diluted and antagonized by his stubborn, bellicose, foolishness. He threatened us all with violence. He seemed committed to isolation, hostility and failure, and I considered him dangerous.
But in his defense: He did have copper scrolls from James about Jesus.

Well, until he didn't.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#526706 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
One. The proper way.
Please be more considerate.

I cannot tell if you are joking.

If you are joking, I can only assume that you were too proud or too cowardly to concede.

If you're not joking, I'm laughing, because that would be funny.

Fennario

#526707 Apr 27, 2013
Show me where your bible defines anything unambiguously and without contradiction. Show me the part that backs any definitively pronouncement of what the cosmic vault and dome are. Or anything else in your bible.
The same bible is used to justify opposite opinions, such as on wealth or slavery. Or child rearing. Or the shape of the earth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?
Not at all.

You must have missed it, but I asked you to show me where your bible defines anything unambiguously and without contradiction. I asked you to show me the part that backs any definitively pronouncement of what the cosmic vault and dome are, or anything else in your bible.

That would have taken four minutes.

Fennario

#526708 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Dude, you don't know the bible - other than the mere words of it.
You keeping making that claim. But when I ask you for a taste fo that special wisdom and insight that you insist that you but not I have, we get nonsense like, "You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?"
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You've yet to post anything of value or meaning that says you know what you're talking about, biblically.
That's actually more true about you than me. I just gave you two of a few conflicting accounts of biblical cosmology, both describing a flat earth when you bristled at my reference to it when discussing a vault or dome covering it. So did Scaritual. He cited scripture, and considered the original Hebrew words for circle and globe, then linked you to an artist's conception,as had I.

Your response to both of us was basically that we didn't know what we were talking about, but no rebuttal.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
IOW - There's a lack of evidence that you're schooled at all in the bible, so I assume that what you say is bullshit opinion.
Nice argument.
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#526709 Apr 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You see I ain´t dumb.
That's debatable.

However, I will say that you have good taste in music.
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#526710 Apr 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Life goes on. Things change.
Rihanna is a great talent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EXtvG1MH2twXX
I agree with that. I just wish she wouldn't get back with that white-feathered thug Chris Brown.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#526711 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Better step up your game.
Maybe you could try less ridicule.
Maybe...
No, I think we'll be using more ridicule. It's the most appropriate tool to use, in this instance.

Location hidden

#526712 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
It's a conundrum. How do you study a subject that is infinitely smarter than you are? How do you know that she isn't just fuckinwith ya? What questions could you ask? What answers would you expect?

Location hidden

#526713 Apr 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think we'll be using more ridicule. It's the most appropriate tool to use, in this instance.
I'm in. Just say when.

Fennario

#526714 Apr 27, 2013
REASONS GIVEN ON TOPIX WHY SKEPTICS AREN'T QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ON THE BIBLE
[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.
[4] It's literal, not an allegory.
[5] Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective
[6] Scripture is only transparent to biblical scholars
[7] I am not filled with the Holy Spirit
[8] That's the mystery of it all. "God works in mysterious ways"
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
[10] You were obviously never a "true christian"
[11] You don't have enough faith. You have to believe to understand.
[12] You can’t criticize the bible because you don’t believe or understand it.
[13] Why do we think we can pretend to know God?
[14] Scripture always interprets scripture
[15] Ever heard of biblical hermeneutics?
[16] You are not TRULY with truth and sincerity seeking God.
[17] You have to know how to translate Hebrew and Greek
[18] You are using a completely unsupportable transliteration of Scripture
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[20] It takes humility to understand the Bible
[21]“Stop scripture mining."
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.
[24] In any other field, like medicine, engineering, technology, electronics, software, computer, unless you have qualifications and experience, you are not allowed to open you mouth.
[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.

[26] You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Reasons given on Topix"??
Are we just supposed to take your word for it?
It's OK if you don't.

Do you think that I made up this list? Do you doubt that I could collect this many answers? Look at the bottom of the list. I just added another one.

Fennario

#526715 Apr 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
@HL
Look through the eyes of your daughter.
"In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face ... Whichever way your pleasure tends, if you plant ice you're gonna harvest wind."

Fennario

#526716 Apr 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to the trouble of responding to not only your responses to Andrew's post but also to his.
I got down to the end...was trying to summarize what I had said in to one or two sentences...thought the summary said it best...
Andrew is just full of sh*t...no need to say more.
Yes indeedy! He's quite a blowhard.

What is it with the preoccupation with Hebrew in so many of these believers? Is this a new trend that I hadn't seen? That was some pretty creepy stuff that Happy Lesbo linked us to coming out of South Carolina http://www.yahwehsword.org/

They seem to like their religion arcane.

Fennario

#526717 Apr 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I dont need to ask a guy who blurted out an obvious bigoted statement what he means. However I did ask him repeatedly and he refused to answer for a week
Filthy, lying, trash.

Give me the link to whatever question you are referring to, and I will give you the link addressing your comment dated less than a week later, which will confirm that you are the lying trash that I say you are.

So come on Jesus boy - put up the link. I won't be leaving this issue until you do, or fail to do so several times.
Skombolis wrote:
I am not going to continue to re-post your old posts because you are the only one too senile to remember what you write or because you choose to use that as a tactic.
FAIL

Continue? You have never linked to even one post supporting any of your calumnious claims about me, and this post of yours continues in that failed tradition.
Skombolis wrote:
Why did you continue to stay in a church that you knew was stealing money and give them 10% of your income?
I didn't, Dimwit. You're lying again. That's all that trash like you has,
Skombolis wrote:
... an ex-doctor, that stated if his patients wanted someone to care about their total well being they should have gotten a social worker ...
Liar.

Your lying Christian mouth keeps producing this filth, for which you feel zero obligation to provide any support. That's what makes you trash - the moral equivalent of a piece of filth hanging from a sick pig's sphincter.
Skombolis wrote:
You started your profession by making an oath based on deities. You started your career as a liar and a fraud and have continued to be one
More lying from felonious trash.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only REAL LOOZERS don't love their mothers who ... 3 min Doctor REALITY 10
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Gordon 227,665
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 5 min Bev Jamison 16
Beauty comes in many COLORS 9 min Doctor REALITY 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min KayMarie 542,853
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Aura Mytha 739,755
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Remnant of 144000 38,712
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min bad bob 173,726
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••