Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Adam

Germany

#526823 Apr 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thank you ..
.. SKOM lives in an alternate universe ..
And you?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#526824 Apr 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. I'm doing what feels right.
Thanks for your interest.
I think you are getting more flack from these people than your posts deserve. However, just stating my opinion.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#526825 Apr 28, 2013
Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish but how far will they go among so many.

Jesus said,Have the people sit down.There is plenty of grass in that place and the men sat down about five thousand.Jesus took then the loaves gave thanks and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted.He did the same with the fish.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#526826 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Hmm. Didn't you see this?:
boooots wrote: "That would be a big step. My son was 32 when he finally could hang up his own shingle, and he was in school or training up to that time. 13 years of primary and secondary (Ontario dropped grade 13 in the past 10 years), 4 years Science Degree, 4 years doctorate, and 5 years residency, or internship. His first wife, also a doctor, and the mother of his first two kids) took a shorter residency but she took two of them (different specialties), and had two kids at the same time.
IANS wrote: I expect that your son's experience has been and will be better than mine. I practiced through the transition phase ...
I remember posting that, though I couldn't find it on the link I clicked in your previous post. No problem. I appreciate your re-posting it as I was trying to find what post you were referring to. Thanks.

I think doctors in Canada run up against a lot of bureaucracy and expenses too, but their problems may be somewhat different than what you listed. The long hours exist. My son carries his cell phone turned on 24/7 because he is the chief of his department so can be called at any time by one of his staff if they need his assistance or ok on something.

I even had the pleasure (or misfortune) of calling him out of the operating room one day when I called him on a personal matter, thinking he would be off work on a Saturday but he was filling one of his on call shifts, and since he didn't know the number I was calling from assumed the call might be re work, so had to step out of the room to take my call. He is an anesthesiologist so can leave temporarily as long as another staff monitors the patient for him.

He sometimes is at work for 36 hours, though I have no knowledge of how a person can work competently with a life in their hands without sleep for that long.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526827 Apr 28, 2013
[snip]
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.
[24] In any other field, like medicine, engineering, technology, electronics, software, computer, unless you have qualifications and experience, you are not allowed to open you mouth.
[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.
[26] You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?

Do you think that I made up this list? Do you doubt that I could collect this many answers? Look at the bottom of the list. I just added another one.
Ashelah wrote:
I find it interesting that you would say 4 years.
Those weren't my words. I copied them from Riverside Redneck's post and added them to my list
Ashelah wrote:
I don't doubt any abilities you may have Teddy.
Thanks, J.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526828 Apr 28, 2013
Here we go again - accusations with even the slightest effort at being clear about what you mean, or supporting your claim. What quote are you referring to? Please show me where I didn't quote you properly. Show us with links what you said, what I quoted, and how I misrepresented you - or whatever your gripe is.
Ashelah wrote:
Who are you to tell others how they should post? The god of topix?
Nah, not in the Abrahamic tradition. I didn't threaten, condemn, smite or torture anybody, did I? Besides, gods don't seek clarity or better communication. They speak in vague riddles and contradict themselves. Nor do they say please.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#526829 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Learning biblical Hebrew in order to study the bible? Yes, it is a waste of time.
We each occupy our own space in time. So long as it harms no one, what others choose to do with their time is not your concern ...
And learning an ancient language harms no one.
Adam

Germany

#526831 Apr 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Howdy

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#526832 Apr 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Each of those links go to a specific post.
You must've misunderstood that.
<plays violin for RiversideRedneck>
Incorrect.

Each link goes to a specific page, not post.

*wonders* will scar admit he's wrong?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#526834 Apr 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish but how far will they go among so many.

Jesus said,Have the people sit down.There is plenty of grass in that place and the men sat down about five thousand.Jesus took then the loaves gave thanks and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted.He did the same with the fish.
And you see no issues with that.
Adam

Germany

#526835 Apr 28, 2013

Ozzy and Black Sabbath on Letterman
mike

AOL

#526836 Apr 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>How so.
How so?

It will go something like this> (I haven't heard from so-n-so in awhile, has anyone else heard anything from so-n-so, yes I've heard from another so-n-so, that the first so-n-so is sick and dying in the hospital, let us all here on this entertainment thread pray for so-n-so). Hey everybody!..did you hear,..so-n-so die yesterday.

It's called christian "Drama".

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#526837 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So if you had a daughter and she told you; "I love you, daddy.", you would ask her to back that assertion up with "lots of evidence"?
Good luck to ya.
<quoted text>
If, Lacez.'if'....
Nice Dodge. Is it a caravan?
Obviously there is evidence, for the way one treats another is evidence of their love.

Montreal

#526838 Apr 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You are a hypocrite in your assertions, you accuse me and others of not obeying the Word because we don't hold on to OT ordinances that were only given under old Hebrew covenants that don't apply to the fulfillment of 'Grace and Truth', but you criticize the obedience to 'walk by faith, and not by sight', you are really making a fool out of yourself and pitifully cannot ascertain it. I don't walk "blindly" into anything, I'm lead by the spirit, and I know who and what I am and do not put faith into being anything other than what God would have me be.
Look up the word "hypocrite."
You'll find you used it erroneously.

Also, you're calling me a hypocrite?
What about you? You say that you don't follow the old testament, yet you try to use it against gay individuals.
Talk about cherry picking...Pick one: OT is to be ignored, or lived by. You can't be anything but a hypocrite if you use the OT against others and claim, at the same time, that it is irrelevant.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#526839 Apr 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you see no issues with that.
You'll find fault,already know your mo.
But be it as it may;

No I have no issue at all with feeding the hungry.
Small amounts can do wonders for thoses without.Until
you been there and walked in thoses type of shoes you
could never know the hungry pains of humans.
One small boy with five small barley loaves and two
small fish.Giving thanks nothing is impossible with God.
Thinking as I do probably small boy was pretty impressed
to see what could be done with such a small amount for so
many.Small boy was left with a whooper of a story to tell.
Next verse reads;When they had all had enough to eat he said
to the disciples.Gather the pieces that are left over.Let
nothing be wasted.So they gathered them and filled twelve
baskets with pieces of the five barley loaves left over by
thoses left over who had eaten.

The Me and More Me was for others.Hope you can see the point here.

Montreal

#526840 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your religion simply can't die fast enough.
<quoted text>
Religion is such a beautiful thing. How are you any better than those Iranis?
<quoted text>
Do you think that that is what it would take to make people stop speaking ill of you and your religion - terror?
<quoted text>
LOL. What are planning to do? Flog him over the Internet?
<quoted text>
Your religion has failed you.
His threats are quite hilarious.
Adam

Germany

#526841 Apr 28, 2013

Montreal

#526842 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
You might consider adopting a different attitude about people like LAWEST and Counter_Strike. They are not people that you can teach. That doesn't mean that you should not contradict them. But you have to view them is irretrievably hostile. You need to go into it with no expectation of any satisfaction or empathy from them. They have no interest in your opinions,and you can never win them over, so there is no need to be solicitous to them.
As I have mentioned recently to Annie, it is my opinion that when when you engage in these debates, you are doing it for the benefit of the other freethinkers and yourself, not the bigoted Christians. Thus, you can post frankly and with no sugar added. Do not bother repeating yourself for their benefit, nor plead with them to be fair or open minded. It won't happen.
Consequently, when you think that there is no further benefit for you or the rest of us, that's when you drop the subject and move on. Don't let these people disappoint you, which is what will happen every time if you view them as anything other than unreachable religious bigots.
I'm still going to contradict them, I'll just stop replying when they go into 8-year-old-insult mode, like trifecta did.
mike

AOL

#526843 Apr 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Copyists' Misteaks (sic)
Scholars who believe the Bible was orginally written without any error do not argue that there were no mistakes in its copying.
As manuscripts were copied again and again by hand over many centuries many misspellings,additions, and omissions occurred.
Fortunately enough biblical manuscripts survive so scholars can compare them and confidently judge what the orginal texts say.
Bible fact book.
Did copies come with a "Seal of approval"?

Without the original how can you compare?

Compare "Kings" to "Chronicles" will you find word for word identical stories?

Montreal

#526844 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what it is?
So this "repeated evidence" that's been done thousands of times before is love?
There's no evidence for that, so I guess Lacez wouldn't accept it.
If you don't see evidence of someone's love through their actions towards you, then I pity you.
You must be some kind of sociopath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min ROCCO 31,647
Couple in dallas tx looking for a female to hav... (Jan '15) 37 min rmmslat 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min nanoanomaly 987,439
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 687,432
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 3 hr Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 4 hr Johnny 32
More from around the web