Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?
Dude, you don't know the bible - other than the mere words of it.
You've yet to post anything of value or meaning that says you know what you're talking about, biblically.
IOW - There's a lack of evidence that you're schooled at all in the bible, so I assume that what you say is bullshit opinion.
Do you REALLY know the bible, pilgrim?
Or do you only THINK that you do?
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Double post due to cyber bloop.
Alright, who's behind this?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But the bible never says the earth is flat.
Even if it did, so what. What's your point in all this?
<quoted text>
LMAO! Skeptics like you.... Sure....
<quoted text>
You've sure got yourself convinced.
The people of ancient Judaism were convinced the earth was flat based upon the mythic words of your deity.

I'm just pointing that out. I'm sure had I been of that age and/or of earlier ages, whether of the Abrahamic religion or some other culture/people/religion from some other region of the world, I most likely would have thought the world was flat, too.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember - I'm not the one with a need for labels...
hahaa... You were the one who identified yourself as a Evangelical or Pentecostal Christian.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that I shared some things on this topic in a PM to you. I0mnot sure how relevant my complaints would be to you. Much of the problem was that the deal was changing. It wasn't the deal I had agreed to, which was that I would give everything I had to my work - 100 hour work weeks as an intern and resident, study continuously thereafter to keep current, be available by beeper or phone when I was out to dinner with my wife, and be ready to drive in to the ER from there if necessary, take telephone calls in my sleep, assume huge dent and liability.
In return, I expected autonomy, authority, respect, job satisfaction, and to be well paid. They eroded away at all of that, gave me a huge infusion of new bureaucracy and liability. They welched on the deal, and I decided that I didn't want to play any more. What else could I do except accept those terms or get out? I could afford to, so I moved on.
I don't know if any of that is relevant to you. You'll get the new deal, and maybe feel better about it than I did, the way somebody being hired for $60,000 out of college feels better about that job than somebody already in it that took a pay cut from $100,000.
And your personality is very different from mine. You are gentler, I think.
Anyway, if you're still interested, here is an opinion I shared with boooots regarding his young physician son
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
And here is a laundry list of the kind of problems I had been facing at the end :
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Your second link took me to the list you mentioned, IANS, but I couldn't find me or my son or you on the other link.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Better step up your game.
Maybe you could try less ridicule.
Maybe...
I tried that...doesn't work.

The result...

I am a member of the original "Singing Demoniacs". We practice in "Riders" garage...he furnishes the chili...I bring the toppings and sides...

We are looking for someone to bring the beer...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I should learn how to freethink exactly like you freethink from whomever taught you your freethinking skills to freethink they way they all freethink.
Incorrect.

Can't get out of that mindset, huh?

Try just thinking for yourself.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just my take.
The other extant apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Man has 23. Human chromosome 2 looks like two fused chromosomes.
Do you know the science? A chromosome has what are called telomeres capping its ends, and a central anchoring portion called a centromere. Human chromosome 2 has two centromeres (one inactive) and telomeres internally. Please look at the illustration here, and read the accompanying paragraphs and caption http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome_2_%28...
This is considered smoking gun evidence that all apes including man descended from a common ancestral ape with 24 chromosomes, and that somewhere after the line that became man separated from the other apes, two chromosomes fused end to end. Neanderthal also had 23 pairs.
There are really only two possible explanations: man descended from brachiating apes,or a malicious and deceptive god or hyperintelligent alien intelligence set things up to look like that.
What is NOT possible is that an omnipotent god that wants us to know him as our creator was involved. It was either an accident of evolution or a trickster creator that gave us human chromosome 2.
Yes, I do IANS.
Best case of genetic manipulation I have ever seen.
Thanks for your opinion on it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Each time you post this little tidbit of misapplied statistics and erroneous comparison/correlation...
I laugh.
A hint: If the percentage of increase given for the growth of Christianity world wide by number of converts exceeds the percentage growth of the world population, yearly, does not mean that the number of Christians on the face of the earth added each year exceeds the number of humans added each year to the world wide population.
Maybe you simply present that statement in such a way to make it seem like it means something more than it does. I dunno.
Anyway.
Using your same methodology, 2/3rds of the world isn't Christian, so the percentage of non Christians added in the world far exceeds the numbers of Christians added to the world each year.
It has to do with proportional growth.
Around 130± million humans are born each year. About 50± million die each year. So, roughly 70± million humans are added to the world population each year. Those are estimates, for instance, the actual world population in total isn't known with any degree of certainty.
From looking at various sources on the "interwebs", about 2.5 million± Christians are added to Christianity each year.
I couldn't find a statistic that gave the numbers of Christians that die each year, but, if that number reflects or approximates the numbers of >humans< that die each year, by proportion, a safe guess would be somewhere around 750,000 - 1,000,000 Christians likely die each year.
I think it would be a safe guess that Christianity grows by about 1.5± million per year.
I could be wrong, since all of the above figures are at best, estimated numbers.
You can state that by percentage relative to the respective populations, the growth of Christianity grows faster(2.2± billion Christians) than the world population(7+ billion humans), but proportionately, there is no comparison.
The population increase of humans worldwide(55 million, yearly), far exceeds the growth of Christians worldwide(2.5 million, yearly).
Let's not forget this.
"Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038"
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human...
What a hoot.
hahaaaa
Well...

This says, under "Absolute Growth", that Christianity is rising at a rate of 1.36%.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_gr...

And this says that the world population is growing at a rate of 1.2%.

www.google.com/publicdata

2038 you say?

Maybe pigs will be flying by then, too...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you REALLY know the bible, pilgrim?
Or do you only THINK that you do?
I really know the bible, ass end.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
The people of ancient Judaism were convinced the earth was flat based upon the mythic words of your deity.[/QUOPTE]

You asked them?

[QUOTE] I'm just pointing that out. I'm sure had I been of that age and/or of earlier ages, whether of the Abrahamic religion or some other culture/people/religion from some other region of the world, I most likely would have thought the world was flat, too.
Ya, and if you were Chinese in the 17th century you'd think the earth ws flat, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa... You were the one who identified yourself as a Evangelical or Pentecostal Christian.
After multiple naggings by you to figure out what to label me as.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that...doesn't work.
The result...
I am a member of the original "Singing Demoniacs". We practice in "Riders" garage...he furnishes the chili...I bring the toppings and sides...
We are looking for someone to bring the beer...
I'll bring the beer.

But I might done diddly do done did drunked it all....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
Can't get out of that mindset, huh?
Try just thinking for yourself.
Like you? LMAO!

The only difference between you "freethinkers" is your names.

You all freethink the same.

I bet when y'all get together, you have a big ole freethink circle jerk to commemorate your self-deluded awesomess.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sky traveler Enokh(Enoch) was day dreamer,and influenced by field grass-called today maruhuana, and LSD
causing Enokh day dreams, being in heaven,fly in the helicopter box, with fumes making him and his angel completly insane?
That wasn't your smartest comment.Enoch was a prophet a servant of god.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you? LMAO!
The only difference between you "freethinkers" is your names.
You all freethink the same.
I bet when y'all get together, you have a big ole freethink circle jerk to commemorate your self-deluded awesomess.
You're pretending, goofy.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
scaritual FLAT FRANKENSTEIN HEAD,
is thinking that earth was in ancient times Flat like his top head
That's nearly as silly as thinking Mohamed wasn't a pedophile, huh?
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
who told you this?
did you meet Enokh and his sky divine helicopter?
did you sniff grass with Enokh?
did you use LSD to have day heavenly child flower heaven dancing dreams??
If none of them fits you?
it look like you are under influence of churches farts(fake sermons)
Where do you get your shit from?
I hope you are not talking about the prophet Enoch from the Bible.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, People in this world are looking for real faith. Some of them place that faith in the wrong god, whether a false god or material things or a person. I pray for everyone in the world, for those in my own "Jerusalem," and my own family. I pray that you would use me and my life experiences as an instrument to demonstrate real faith to the unbelieving. Give me opportunities to share my faith experiences and give me the words to say to influence those who need it. Speak through me, work through me, your servant. I love you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
True Words.....
Revelation of Truth is the way.......
Indeed it is Sweet Epi; In Deed it is :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 505,561 - 505,580 of598,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••