|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
With the understanding your presenting is that a human can work out God's mind, which you cant.
Is that what you think I believe? You must have me confused with somebody else. Perhaps I haven't expressed myself clearly enough to you yet: I am an atheist.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, the freethinkers haven't yet taught you how to freethink exactly like they do. They freethink their way to say "no one can 'believe' in evolution"...
See, to be a true freethinker, you're required to freethink all the time. So long as your freethinking is the same as the other freethinker's freethoughts.
Those are Buck's words, not mine.

Did you see the link at the bottom of that post?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Glad to read you are still learning Hebrew. Much more constructive than anything here. You are wise.
LOL.

Look at how much of your time and attention is consumed by your faith. Pascal's wager says that you have nothing to lose by being a believer even if there is no god named Jesus. The hell you don't.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
You
If you're not gonna quote me exactly, I'm not gonna bother with your post.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
Are we praying them here??
"Something calls to me.
The trees are drawing me near,
I've got to find out why.
Those gentle voices I hear
Explain it all with a sigh."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Don't worry about it. We've got it covered.
What?! You bitch and whine about some so-called harm caused by theists to atheists & gays and when a theist asks you what it is, you say don't worry about it?
I'm not aware of any issue there.
Convenient. It's one the oldest laboratories in the world and happens to be funded by the world's largest church and you find "no issue"?
Those will very likely both change.
Those will very likely not change.
Yes, I know. And the spread of education and information will continue to undo the church as is has since the days of Gutenberg.
Nope. The spread of information and education will only help Christianity rise faster, as it's doing now - rising faster than the world's population.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are Buck's words, not mine.
Did you see the link at the bottom of that post?
No I didn't...

Should I put my foot in my own mouth or do you wanna use that fake leg?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Look at how much of your time and attention is consumed by your faith.
HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!

Kettle, meet pot.

That's rich, coming from you, IANS.

You even resorted to leaving your home country becasue of your faith...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying again HL
You made posts about me questioning my sanity and mocking the time I was locked up and stated I must not have been rehabilitated. And that's just off the top of my head.
And I doubt you can even count the number of posts you have suggested people perform sexual acts during the course of an argument. Generally some vulgar account of what they can do to themselves or to you.
Why do you have such a hard time being honest?
Even your icon habits are indicative of how you operate. For pages there may be one round of icons per post except for yours, if someone disagrees with a post of yours or several people do, sure enough there will be four, five rounds of icons until you manipulate them in your favor. Not that I care about icons but it shows how obsessed you are with trying to maintain the illusion of how you are perceived.
You don't take the high road. You lie, you insult, and you engage in hypocrisy. You break your word, you can't admit when you are wrong, and you are passive-aggressive. Yet post after post is filled with your self-adulation and maintaining how you stay above the fray
Personally whoever chooses to mix it up makes no difference to me. But your complete inability to be honest about how you post is truly baffling.
.. your verbal assaults have nothing to do with me ..

.. do you want to upset me so I'll argue, defend myself or hurl insults back at you? It seems you're doing your very best to garner my attention through character assassination and outright lies ..

.. for some reason, you need to berate people to bring yourself to a higher level, to have power, value. You still don't know that you're powerless ..

.. your behavior towards me has become unacceptable. IAN will dish it back at you, I won't. It's time to change my direction, remove myself from the source, ignore your posts and not respond ..

"All cruelty springs from weakness." Lucius Annaeus

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said earlier that you are a 50 something white male(the white male part being superfluous to my questions).
Why did you quit your profession?
I ask because I'm thinking of joining that profession.
Did you quit because of the profession?
You also said I could ask you questions.
I think that I shared some things on this topic in a PM to you. I0mnot sure how relevant my complaints would be to you. Much of the problem was that the deal was changing. It wasn't the deal I had agreed to, which was that I would give everything I had to my work - 100 hour work weeks as an intern and resident, study continuously thereafter to keep current, be available by beeper or phone when I was out to dinner with my wife, and be ready to drive in to the ER from there if necessary, take telephone calls in my sleep, assume huge dent and liability.

In return, I expected autonomy, authority, respect, job satisfaction, and to be well paid. They eroded away at all of that, gave me a huge infusion of new bureaucracy and liability. They welched on the deal, and I decided that I didn't want to play any more. What else could I do except accept those terms or get out? I could afford to, so I moved on.

I don't know if any of that is relevant to you. You'll get the new deal, and maybe feel better about it than I did, the way somebody being hired for $60,000 out of college feels better about that job than somebody already in it that took a pay cut from $100,000.

And your personality is very different from mine. You are gentler, I think.

Anyway, if you're still interested, here is an opinion I shared with boooots regarding his young physician son
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

And here is a laundry list of the kind of problems I had been facing at the end :
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Spare me, Sigmund.
Honesty with self takes balls you ain't got Lucy.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That can be a game too :)
This summer I've planned a hike to Amish country to preach the gospel of HL.
Wish me luck?
Hang onto your bonnet then, Alice.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
You're still calling him dunce? Don't you see that as insulting??
Yes, I do.

You must have tuned the whole affair out. I don't blame you. The purpose is to have the effect that such language has. I'm invoking an eye for an eye, which is not a valid moral precept when talking about eyes or lives, but is at lower stakes. For example, if I do something that costs you fifty bucks, I should pay you fifty bucks. At those stakes, tit for tat is just.

And this is low stakes: just words. But his words earned mine.

Nobody need lament this. It was a free will choice made by the Dunce with eyes wide open. He had just seen my experience with the Dimwit, who chose his pride over owning his debt to me - which was an expression of contrition. He chose to pay it in another way.

The Dunce saw all of this, and chose the same for himself. I doubt that he regrets it, so you don't need to either.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody misconstrued it. He just lied about it.
I believe there exists a creating source of intelligence and purpose. I believe there is abundant evidence to support this conclusion - not direct evidence, but deductive. Some call this entity "God".
I do not believe the Bible was dictated by God. I believe Jesus of Nazareth was a man who existed, but he was not "god" in any peculiar way and did not even claim to be.
I believe the Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity, islam) are false and inherently evil as a concept.
I believe Christianity was founded solely on the claimed out-of-body experience of Paul, a fake rabbi.
I believe the contemporary followers of Jesus did not believe he was God, or the Atonement for sin, and very nearly killed Paul for preaching that he was.
I believe all mankind are "sons of god", this being in the sense that we are "of the nature" of the creator. "Imago dei" (image of God) is one way of putting it. It means we were created in love with the inclination to, ourselves, create in love.
I believe any belief system that contains judgement, punishment, or insiders and outsiders has nothing whatsoever to do with God.
I believe in evolution, and that man evolved over time. I do not believe it is possible that the process is not designed.
I can't definitively prove any word of this, which is why I refer to it as "belief".
I believe our existence is a mystery, with a few hints along the way.
You're not an atheist, that's the good. The bad, you're close to Salvation and Rigteous Justification, but yet so far away.

Do you believe Jesus Christ did the things said of him in the bible?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think that I shared some things on this topic in a PM to you. I0mnot sure how relevant my complaints would be to you. Much of the problem was that the deal was changing. It wasn't the deal I had agreed to, which was that I would give everything I had to my work - 100 hour work weeks as an intern and resident, study continuously thereafter to keep current, be available by beeper or phone when I was out to dinner with my wife, and be ready to drive in to the ER from there if necessary, take telephone calls in my sleep, assume huge dent and liability.
In return, I expected autonomy, authority, respect, job satisfaction, and to be well paid. They eroded away at all of that, gave me a huge infusion of new bureaucracy and liability. They welched on the deal, and I decided that I didn't want to play any more. What else could I do except accept those terms or get out? I could afford to, so I moved on.
I don't know if any of that is relevant to you. You'll get the new deal, and maybe feel better about it than I did, the way somebody being hired for $60,000 out of college feels better about that job than somebody already in it that took a pay cut from $100,000.
And your personality is very different from mine. You are gentler, I think.
Anyway, if you're still interested, here is an opinion I shared with boooots regarding his young physician son
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
And here is a laundry list of the kind of problems I had been facing at the end :
Thank you so much for sharing. It's all relevant to me. That's why I asked.

:-)
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to God's Kingdom is by Jesus Christ. God came and dwelt among us with truth and Grace to provide a way to be redeemed back to God by Jesus blood shead on the cross, the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Jesus having power to be raised because death could not hold Him down. Jesus defeated death. As we will be raised in the same body form. If we reject Jesus His blood shed wasnt for you. If we accept Jesus His blood make us clean before God to be forgiven.
Jesus is God in human form.
Horrifying!
You have a lot to learn and a long ways to go.
When you're ready, the non-christians can help you.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Upon that I agree. I wish you no harm. IN fact, in person we would have gotten over our silliness ages ago.
I know that, and I agree.
G_O_D wrote:
Many things can't be resolved on Topix.
This could have been.
G_O_D wrote:
I think it is a trust issue for me.
I don't understand that. Neither of us needs to trust the other.

It's a decency issue for me. I wish it had never happened. I am very disappointed that you chose the path you did. I had hoped that our former cordial relationship meant more than that to you, and that once you had realized that you had made a mistake and were wrong, that you would be quick to make amends both because it would have been the right thing to do, and to heal a relationship that you valued. I wanted so little from you, and you refused me. I really don't understand that choice.

Sorry.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You are a hypocrite in your assertions, you accuse me and others of not obeying the Word because we don't hold on to OT ordinances that were only given under old Hebrew covenants that don't apply to the fulfillment of 'Grace and Truth', but you criticize the obedience to 'walk by faith, and not by sight', you are really making a fool out of yourself and pitifully cannot ascertain it. I don't walk "blindly" into anything, I'm lead by the spirit, and I know who and what I am and do not put faith into being anything other than what God would have me be.
The old OT ordinances were demanded by Peter.
Paul rebuked him.

Which one of them is lying?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
The flat earth society is, and has always been, a pretty much dead society. It never grew more than 3,000 followers. You're being dishonest by using them to claim that Christians believe in a flat earth or that bible says the earth is flat.
The Flat Earth Society used the bible as a guide. Just as at one time geocentrism was the accepted norm, so was a flat earth, and ancient man believed the earth was flat, the Jewish people included, before non Abrahamic freethinkers proposed that the earth was a sphere.

For some reason, your mythic deity decided to have its "ghost writers" depict the earth as flat.

Funny.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Skeptics like you have intentionally exaggerated and exacerbated the never believed(by most) flat earth theory.
Skeptics like me helped people understand the earth was not flat, and that the earth was not what the entire universe revolved around.

Please, point out that Galileo was a Christian, and then show how his Christian beliefs affected his scientific observations specific to heliocentrism.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The "four corners" of the bible are referring to cardinal direction, not a literal four corners. It makes no sense for skeptics to even claim that, because in one sentence you'll claim the four corners is 'proof', then the next you'll say the circle of the earth is 'proof'..
Explain how ancient people could not understand the cardinal directions, and still not believe the earth was flat.

A disc/circle - both flat. That is what is described in the bible.

All definitions and context meanings below taken from Targumim Aramaic.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Given the biblical allusions to the earths sphericity in Job 26:10;

Job 26:10; 10) He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.(NIV)

Horizon:
2391 gWx
gWx: circle; g hre, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; g al-pn thm horizon on the sea Pr 827; g mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.(pg 97)

I've got to point out that the story of Job isn't original to the bible at this point. It is borrowed from earlier, non Abrahamic legend.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Proverbs 8:27;
Proverbs 8:27; 27)I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,(NIV)

Again, the Targumim Aramaic meaning of the word "horizon".

2391 gWx
gWx: circle; g hre, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; g al-pn thm horizon on the sea Pr 827; g mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.(pg 97)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ecclesiastes 1:6;
Ecclesiastes 1:6; 6) The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course.(NIV)

Notice, "round and round"

Again, according to the Targumim Aramaic the word translated as "round and round" in Christian bibles:
rjs noun common no gender singular

CAL Lexicon: rjs noun
1 ImpArEg,BibArDan,Palestinian,C PA,Sam,Syr side
2 ImpArPers,Syr > sTr@mn p
3 Syr > rj'sl; r j'sd; etc.
4 JBA hem/border of a garment

The hem or border of a garment was the actual meaning of the Hebraic word used.

A garment isn't spherical.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Psalm 19:6
As pointed out above, the key word used and in context means "hem of a garment".

A garment isn't spherical.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Isaiah 40:22
Covered in this post - http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... - to you, already.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
and the fact that the ancients long before the time of Christ had figured out that the earth is a sphere, there is no reason to imagine that Christ or his disciples actually thought the earth was flat and that the wind only blew in one of four directions.
Nothing was ever mentioned about the Jesus! believing anything about a flat earth or wind direction.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember in egypt God told moses to put the lambs blood around the front door frames and death would pass that house hold. Who ever didnt the first born died. Same with Jesus blood shed for us death will pass us and we will be clean, forgiven and right before God. No Jesus blood shed for you death will have a hold being unclean.
There is no evidence of the Passover event.
Just what the diasporan Jews in the early 1st millenia BCE wrote.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

502 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min dirty white boy- 721,108
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min yon 1,545
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min An NFL Fan 115,284
The 'REAL' reason Michael Sam's father didn't ... 29 min Doctor REALITY 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Aura Mytha 224,355
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min pusherman_ 532,918
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Aura Mytha 256,647
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr kalei 79
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••