|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is our behavior ~ our intents, thoughts and actions that make up each of us..... the flesh is just the vessel; we don't even need it when we move on, but we do take that which is us.
You take that which is you? What part of you is you? How about if you get severe Alzheimer's disease before you die? Which version of "you" exits the body and goes to heaven - the old "mented" you, or the demented one present at death?

I'm sure that you'll have a pretty little story with no unambiguous biblical support.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your religion simply can't die fast enough.
<quoted text>
Religion is such a beautiful thing. How are you any better than those Iranis?
<quoted text>
Do you think that that is what it would take to make people stop speaking ill of you and your religion - terror?
<quoted text>
LOL. What are planning to do? Flog him over the Internet?
<quoted text>
Your religion has failed you.
I went to the trouble of responding to not only your responses to Andrew's post but also to his.

I got down to the end...was trying to summarize what I had said in to one or two sentences...thought the summary said it best...

Andrew is just full of sh*t...no need to say more.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You forgot something. I promised that if you chose to ignore it, I would revisit it for you, so here it is, from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have made my case about you. Your claims are as full of stool as you are, aren't they?
If you ignore this again, expect to see it again. I want to hear your answer for why you make such claims knowing full well that they are untrue. Have you no honor or integrity?
I am not going to continue to re-post your old posts because you are the only one too senile to remember what you write or because you choose to use that as a tactic. Your bigotry and lies have been exposed quite nicely.

But if you really want to talk about waiting on an answer, and it doesn't even require wasting hours to find back posts that everyone already knows took place.....

Why did you continue to stay in a church that you knew was stealing money and give them 10% of your income?

What proof do you have your priest was stealing?

Did you lie about this simply because you are a bigot who wanted to portray all churches as corrupt?

I have been reading some of the old posts. Its funny you think everyone but you seemingly is considered a fool. Other than a few sycophants all I see is people that see you as a pathetic old man desperate for the respect he thinks he got as a doctor who didn't care about his patients. In moments of frustration a guy that blurts out comments that would only apply if he was still practicing medicine today, which he isn't, and a guy so craving validation that he makes up his own social demographic and refers to himself as "we". A guy so insecure that when he makes a spelling error he responds with a thesaurus list of words starting with the same letter to make sure people know it was a mistake and not a reflection of his vocabulary.

In real life you don't have the courage or the support a guy like you would need to ever say anything to anyone. So you come to the internet and rant and rave and convince yourself that being in the bottom .05% of your group that makes up 5% of the population carries any weight with anyone. What a sad, delusional life you live

Did you miss me? You should. You grasp on reality seems to get proportionally tenuous the longer I am gone. If you didn't have a few people so desperate for a leader (the world is filled with followers) you would understand how the world actually views you. Try going to any thread on your own and see what I mean. You aren't smarter than anyone, you are dishonest and unethical, and you are a bigot. Exactly what is it an ex-doctor, that stated if his patients wanted someone to care about their total well being they should have gotten a social worker, have to contribute about humanism?

You started your profession by making an oath based on deities. You started your career as a liar and a fraud and have continued to be one

:)
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

God bless you through Ozzy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!, yes we do see it differently.
Psychiatric drugs to me is in a different category all together.
God promised the believer a sound mind through the Spirit of YHWH God by Yeshua Jesus Christ.
Why would then the believer need to be on drugs to stay sane or have a sound mind? For the unbeliever sure. For the believer, nay.
Can the medication do something in mind of the believer, that the Spirit of YHWH can't?
Something is wrong there.
Do you believe anyone with a mental disorder is not a real believer?

Anywhere from schizophrenia to bi-polar to PTSD?

I personally believe the cause is physiological and or environmental. I don't see it as a reflection of someone's faith.

God keeps us healthy spiritually.

IMHO our physical or mental health is not guaranteed through faith

I believe someone can have a mental affliction and still be a believer and loved and saved through Jesus Christ

Therefore I don't see having or treating an ailment, be it physical or mental, as a anything against God. JMO

(T) Peace

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we have few strands of Neanderthal DNA (or any of the early hominids fo rtha tmatter), upon what do you base that ?
You can't determine that from mitochondrial DNA
Actually, we have the entire Neanderthaal genome, which is about the same size as the human genome - roughly 3.2 billion base pairs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_geno...

It can be inferred that the chromatin was organized into the same number of chromosomes by virtue of the fact that it is currently believed that Neanderthals and Cro-Magnon interbred, which would not possible if their chromosomes couldn't line up during metaphase.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what the earth looks like according to the bible, that's what it looks like according to an ignorant atheist's interpretation of it.
That is based upon the descriptions in the bible. The flat Earth Society bases its claims of a flat earth upon biblical text and descriptions.

"The modern age of the Flat Earth Society dates back to the early 1800s, when it was founded by Samuel Birley Rowbotham, an English inventor. Samuel Rowbotham's Flat Earth views were based largely on literal interpretation of Bible passages."
http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php...

"Flat Earth Sosciety, energetically managed by Mr Charles K. Johnson and his wife Marjory of Lancaster, California. It incorporates the remnants of other organizations, such as the Zetetics, the Shentons' group and the followers of Wilbur Glen Voliva of Zion, Illinois. That city was long the headquarters of American flat-earth loyalists, several thousands of them, who largely populated it. They were members of the Christian Apostolic Church, founded in 1895 by John Alexander Dowie, a Scotish prophet and faith-healer. His rejection of the spherical earth followed, as is usually the case, from his literalizing the Bible."

"John Hampden, a Christian polemicist, gained notoriety by engaging in raucous public debates with leading scientists of the day. A bet involving the prominent naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace in the famous Bedford Level experiment led to several lawsuits for libel and Hampden's imprisonment, as well as a count of fraud on Wallace's behalf, which only required him to return the money.
After Rowbotham's death, Lady Elizabeth Blount founded the Universal Zetetic Society which attracted thousands of followers, published a magazine entitled The Earth Not a Globe Review and remained active well into the early part of the 20th century. After World War I, the movement underwent a slow decline, but it was revived in 1956 as The Flat Earth Society."
http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php...

"As a member of the fundamentalist Dutch Reformed Church, Kruger believed literally in the pillars and corners of the flat earth. He learnt from the captain that the ship was navigated on the basis of the earth being spherical, inspected the sextant and other instuments, and then went below for his Bible and threw it into the sea. If the earth was really a globe, he said, then the Book was untrue and of no further interest to him."

"December 1915: "I believe this Earth is a stationary plane; that it rests upon water; and that there is no such thing as the Earth moving, no such thing as the Earth's axis or the Earth's orbit. It is a lot of silly rot, born in the egotistical brains of infidels. Neither do I believe there is any such thing as the law of gravitation. I believe that is a lot of rot, too. There is no such thing! I get my astronomy from the Bible." - Wilbur Glen Voliva

It has nothing to do with being atheist.

It is what is stated in your bible. The book you say you believe in.
Science has forced adherents of the Abrahamic religions to drop or adjust what they believe.

It seems impossible to modern Christians, only because that belief has been altered for so long now.

If only you'd fully step into the 21st century.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. please find one post wherein I insult people on a personal level. You won't because you can't ..
You are lying again HL

You made posts about me questioning my sanity and mocking the time I was locked up and stated I must not have been rehabilitated. And that's just off the top of my head.

And I doubt you can even count the number of posts you have suggested people perform sexual acts during the course of an argument. Generally some vulgar account of what they can do to themselves or to you.

Why do you have such a hard time being honest?

Even your icon habits are indicative of how you operate. For pages there may be one round of icons per post except for yours, if someone disagrees with a post of yours or several people do, sure enough there will be four, five rounds of icons until you manipulate them in your favor. Not that I care about icons but it shows how obsessed you are with trying to maintain the illusion of how you are perceived.

You don't take the high road. You lie, you insult, and you engage in hypocrisy. You break your word, you can't admit when you are wrong, and you are passive-aggressive. Yet post after post is filled with your self-adulation and maintaining how you stay above the fray

Personally whoever chooses to mix it up makes no difference to me. But your complete inability to be honest about how you post is truly baffling.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Really? Jesus said that we're 'expected' to be meek?
Derp, He said 'blessed are the meek'...
Yes, you are exhorted to be meek. I don't have much interest in this kind of sophistry.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
you argue against the bible with an elementary understanding of it.
I think that you have a defective understanding of the bible. I think that you have trouble reading a thought and holding it without it morphing.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And you have the nerve to tell me that you think I have a character flaw of insinuating the "least charitable and most derogatory" statement by accusing you of lying?
Yes, I do.

Apparently you've already read the post where I claimed that, but chose not to rebut it. Each reader is free to infer why. As for myself, I let no credible false claim about me go unrebutted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So? This forum is filled with Christ haters like and many others? Show me anywhere where two people agree on everything and it is a lie. Thank God He made us all different, it is the spice of life!
Indeed

They have been propping each other up for so long that some of them refer to themselves as "we" and now apparently regurgitating only thoughts approved by the group is considered a good thing to them. And sign of individualism or different perspectives is considered proof of a lie? That kind of logic shows their desperation.

HL made similar claims about how great her group gets along. I used the example that I am sure a group of people gang-raping some woman all are in agreement as well. Not to make a literal comparison but since when is being in agreement a sign of moral or intellectual superiority? So some of them often find common ground in trolling and bigotry. Not something to be proud of.

God created us all unique. We are all parts of the body and serve different functions.

Romans 12:4
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

And with those different duties often comes a different take on things. But the end-goal is always the same.

I am glad to be a follower of no man. I am glad I have many people in here i consider friends that can think for themselves and have their opinions and outlooks. But people have to have confidence to be themselves to be different and to verbalize those differences. A guess people who don't revel in being photo-copies of one another

(T) Peace

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Are we going to quibble semantics here? No, the biblical earth is not perfectly flat. We can all see hills and valleys.
If I was a freethinker skeptic, I could very easily take that last sentence and use it to explain how crazy you are, that you claim you can see hills and valleys in the bible...

But I'm not a 'freethinker', but I do think freely. I understand your metaphor and will leave it as it is.
The earth of the bible was considered to be a roughly flat surface with edges - sometimes described as a circle, sometimes as having four corners - with local curvature. You can see it all from above, and it is fixed from below.
The concept of the earth might have included some cupping at the edges to hold the oceans in, making the surface somewhat concave. And this was covered by a dome.
What the earth was not was a sphere. And calling the biblical earth "flat" is not deceptive.
I know you've got a fixed 'biblical image' of earth stuck in your mind, but you're wrong.

You should note that all of the biblical passages you are referring to are in prophetic, apocalyptic sections of Scripture, where, unlike Genesis, figurative language is frequently used.

A discerning, thoughtful and caring reader would be careful about interpreting these phrases literally.

But I understand. The freethinkers only have one way of thinking - the exact same as all the other freethink.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually, we have the entire Neanderthaal genome, which is about the same size as the human genome - roughly 3.2 billion base pairs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_geno...
It can be inferred that the chromatin was organized into the same number of chromosomes by virtue of the fact that it is currently believed that Neanderthals and Cro-Magnon interbred, which would not possible if their chromosomes couldn't line up during metaphase.
I stand corrected. The studdy was only finalized last month.

This would have been a better link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Law... sure was Lupy... now am Ash :-)
Hi Lu :-)
I thought your new name sounded quite Biblical. Then I realized it's just 'a sheila'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That is based upon the descriptions in the bible. The flat Earth Society bases its claims of a flat earth upon biblical text and descriptions.
It has nothing to do with being atheist.
It is what is stated in your bible. The book you say you believe in.
Science has forced adherents of the Abrahamic religions to drop or adjust what they believe.
It seems impossible to modern Christians, only because that belief has been altered for so long now.
If only you'd fully step into the 21st century.
The flat earth society is, and has always been, a pretty much dead society. It never grew more than 3,000 followers. You're being dishonest by using them to claim that Christians believe in a flat earth or that bible says the earth is flat.

Skeptics like you have intentionally exaggerated and exacerbated the never believed(by most) flat earth theory.

The "four corners" of the bible are referring to cardinal direction, not a literal four corners. It makes no sense for skeptics to even claim that, because in one sentence you'll claim the four corners is 'proof', then the next you'll say the circle of the earth is 'proof'..

Given the biblical allusions to the earth’s sphericity in Job 26:10; Proverbs 8:27; Ecclesiastes 1:6; Psalm 19:6 and Isaiah 40:22 and the fact that the ancients long before the time of Christ had figured out that the earth is a sphere, there is no reason to imagine that Christ or his disciples actually thought the earth was flat and that the wind only blew in one of four directions.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
[The church] doesn't define [who is moral and who is to be despised.] already, hasn't in a while.
You wouldn't know or care. You're not a target. From http://atheists.org/content/bigotry-worst-aga...

"Bigotry Worst Against Atheists - The Ultimate Outsiders? New Report Casts Atheists "Others" Beyond Morality And Community In America - March 25, 2006

"A new study ... has found that Americans perceive Atheists as the group least likely to embrace common values and a shared vision of society. Researchers concluded: "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in 'sharing their vision of American society.' Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."

"Disturbingly, Atheists are "seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public," despite being only 3% of the U.S. population. Edgell said that Atheists "play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past" in that we provide "a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society."

You'd have to be a pedophile to be despised more than an atheist. Where do you suppose that meme is coming from? Islam? The Rotary Club? McDonalds? The NFL? The PTA? Two And A Half Men?

That's your church. In Western societies where your church has faded from prominence, so has that hatred of atheists.

And where do you suppose American homophobia is coming from? Chik-Fil-A? People Magazine? The Good Will? Gay's are called filthy right here on this thread. Who's doing that? Not the humanists. That's the Christians again, carrying water for their church.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Not sure what 'harm' churches are causing gays and atheists.....
Don't worry about it. We've got it covered.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're gonna have a problem with shutting down one of the earth's oldest scientific laboratories - the Vatican.
I'm not aware of any issue there.
May its god be removed from the money, pledge, law books, monuments and courthouses.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Even though it's completely legal and sanctioned by nearly 80% of the population?
Those will very likely both change.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We have [widespread literacy, global telecommunications, the theory of evolution or the space program.] too.
Yes, I know. And the spread of education and information will continue to undo the church as is has since the days of Gutenberg.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They are still using blood now, although you would condone this, because it is approved by science .....
but instead of smearing it around the doors, they are injecting it into those who have been bitten to save their lives.
***Antivenom (or antivenin or antivenene) is a biological product used in the treatment of venomous bites or stings. Antivenom is created by milking venom from the desired snake, spider or insect. The venom is then diluted and injected into a horse, sheep or goat. The subject animal will undergo an immune response to the venom, producing antibodies against the venom's active molecule which can then be harvested from the animal's blood and used to treat envenomation. Internationally, antivenoms must conform to the standards of pharmacopoeia and the World Health Organization (WHO).[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivenom ***
That's right. Ever seen a tiger snake milked?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, you are exhorted to be meek. I don't have much interest in this kind of sophistry.
<quoted text>
I think that you have a defective understanding of the bible. I think that you have trouble reading a thought and holding it without it morphing.
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
Apparently you've already read the post where I claimed that, but chose not to rebut it. Each reader is free to infer why. As for myself, I let no credible false claim about me go unrebutted.
Nice copy/paste nut job.....

Why did you remove the part where you libeled the other poster?

You know you did.

You accused me of having a flawed character them proceeded to show that same 'flaw' in your own post.

You deleted it. You know you did. You're being intellectually dishonest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Really? Jesus said that we're 'expected' to be meek?
Derp, He said 'blessed are the meek'...
Oh gee, I find myself in a conundrum.

Do I believe the bible?
Do I believe IANS?

What to do, what to do........?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
You're no different than any other hater. What fills the void isn't important as long as something exists for you to hate.
Spare me, Sigmund.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

408 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min bad bob 172,474
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min atemcowboy 532,916
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Tide with Beach 721,064
Last Word + 2 22 min Rosie 194
Lori Lewis lives at 4751 Bellm dr #409 25 min Terrie 1
Nine Eleven 30 min andet1987 17
So what happens if the Rams cut Michael Sams??? 31 min Cisco Kid 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Commander Bunny 256,637
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr guido atheist infidel 115,275
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr kalei 79
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 12 hr Drom Jagter 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000