Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#526539 Apr 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....
Do you believe Jesus Christ did the things said of him in the bible?
Lord. I hope not.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#526540 Apr 27, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang onto your bonnet then, Alice.

Dedicated for you

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526541 Apr 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Just keepin' it REAL.
You're board certified in it.

Columbus, OH

#526542 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm not a 'freethinker'.....
There's your problem right there, son.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526543 Apr 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Otherwise you have no faith, I understand, we see things from an entirely different perspective than you do, and as such as God is Blessings OUR minds, we are the one's who are seeing the entire picture more so than those who are in the world. Sorry.........but without FAITH it is impossible to please God.
No need to apologize.
Many religious groups proclaim 'faith', no matter how much at odds they are.
The picture that you see is only an illusion, an illusion to satisfy and stagnate their minds.

You see, christians don't own the patent to the term 'god'.
They think they do and doing so try to mislead those that aren't.

It's a very simple game of 'I'm right and you're wrong'.

Columbus, OH

#526544 Apr 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew is just full of sh*t...no need to say more.
He's a hoot.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526545 Apr 27, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
You would support a false non existed god.
There is on one true God and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
You're lying on all counts.
Jesus never claimed to be a christ and never claimed to be a god.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526546 Apr 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Dueling Versions.
Bible translators must resort to educated guesses in these rare instances where text we have are unintelligible.In 1 Samuel 13:1,the king James verision reads;"Saul reigned one year;and when he had reigned two years...The New American Standard version reads"Saul was forty years old when he begun to reign and he reigned thrity-two years...The New International versioon reads Saul was thirty years old when he became king and reigned forty-two years.
Bible fact book.
Herro.
This proves that there is no holy spirit.
If there were, then there would be zero discrepencies.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526547 Apr 27, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dogma is to believe disception.
LOL

But you don't even know my dogma.
I never told you.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526548 Apr 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Copyists' Misteaks (sic)
Scholars who believe the Bible was orginally written without any error do not argue that there were no mistakes in its copying.
As manuscripts were copied again and again by hand over many centuries many misspellings,additions, and omissions occurred.
Fortunately enough biblical manuscripts survive so scholars can compare them and confidently judge what the orginal texts say.
Bible fact book.
Again, this proves that a holy spirit does not exist.
If it did then there would be zero tolerance against any errors, no matter how major or minor they are.

Columbus, OH

#526549 Apr 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You're still calling him dunce? Don't you see that as insulting??
The dunce earned it.
Osama Bin Laden

Oakland, CA

#526550 Apr 27, 2013
YUSUFALI: Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and messengers, to Gabriel and Michael,- Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith.
PICKTHAL: Who is an enemy to Allah, and His angels and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael! Then, lo! Allah (Himself) is an enemy to the disbelievers.
SHAKIR: Whoever is the enemy of Allah and His angels and His messengers and Jibreel and Meekaeel, so surely Allah is the enemy of the unbelievers.

Allahu Akbar!!
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#526551 Apr 27, 2013
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526552 Apr 27, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont contradict and it is confusing when you base your faith on jw religion when it should be on Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the name above all names in heaven and on earth. The Only name that we may be saved is Jesus Christ, and who ever calls upon the name of Jesus Christ shall be saved. By believing in Jesus Christ do you believe the one and only true God !
I encourage you to seek clarity in God word !
God bless and His peace always in you.
Stop lying to others. It's a sin.
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526553 Apr 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Revelation 21:27 KJV
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Did you know that the book of revelation was almost booted off the canonization list?
So much for that lamb book.
Osama Bin Laden

Oakland, CA

#526554 Apr 27, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying on all counts.
Jesus never claimed to be a christ and never claimed to be a god.
The Jews say: "The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: "The Jews have naught (To stand) upon." Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but Allah will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.

Alluhu Akbar!!...
high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526555 Apr 27, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misleading. No-one mentioned except you to pray to Mary.
You pray to God the supreme essence in Jesus name and in the name of the father, Son and Holy Spirit, and no other name.
The term father, son and holy spirit is a manmade concept.
It is not mentioned in the NT canonization mss.
Osama Bin Laden

Oakland, CA

#526556 Apr 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The dunce earned it.
Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah.

Allahu Akbar!!..

high end

Lansdowne, PA

#526557 Apr 27, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
My appologies for my choice of wording coming across chalenging. That was not my intent. And it never would be with you. All is well. I don't have this keyboard set up with the Hebrew letters. But the King James translation in this case is accurate to my Hebrew/English Bible.
I think I agree with the intent of your series of posts this evening. So there is no real disagreement with the message. I pray all is well with you and your honey. And critters :)
Why would your god choose a bisexual individual to so call 'accurately translate' the latin books into English?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#526558 Apr 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
The Flat Earth Society used the bible as a guide. Just as at one time geocentrism was the accepted norm, so was a flat earth, and ancient man believed the earth was flat, the Jewish people included, before non Abrahamic freethinkers proposed that the earth was a sphere.
For some reason, your mythic deity decided to have its "ghost writers" depict the earth as flat.
Funny.
But the bible never says the earth is flat.

Even if it did, so what. What's your point in all this?
Skeptics like me helped people understand the earth was not flat, and that the earth was not what the entire universe revolved around.
LMAO! Skeptics like you.... Sure....
Please, point out that Galileo was a Christian, and then show how his Christian beliefs affected his scientific observations specific to heliocentrism.
<quoted text> Explain how ancient people could not understand the cardinal directions, and still not believe the earth was flat.
A disc/circle - both flat. That is what is described in the bible.
All definitions and context meanings below taken from Targumim Aramaic.
<quoted text>
Job 26:10; 10) He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.(NIV)
Horizon:
2391 gWx
gWx: circle; g hre, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; g al-pn thm horizon on the sea Pr 827; g mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.(pg 97)
I've got to point out that the story of Job isn't original to the bible at this point. It is borrowed from earlier, non Abrahamic legend.
<quoted text>Proverbs 8:27; 27)I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,(NIV)
Again, the Targumim Aramaic meaning of the word "horizon".
2391 gWx
gWx: circle; g hre, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; g al-pn thm horizon on the sea Pr 827; g mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.(pg 97)
<quoted text>Ecclesiastes 1:6; 6) The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course.(NIV)
Notice, "round and round"
Again, according to the Targumim Aramaic the word translated as "round and round" in Christian bibles:
rjs noun common no gender singular
CAL Lexicon: rjs noun
1 ImpArEg,BibArDan,Palestinian,C PA,Sam,Syr side
2 ImpArPers,Syr > sTr@mn p
3 Syr > rj'sl; r j'sd; etc.
4 JBA hem/border of a garment
The hem or border of a garment was the actual meaning of the Hebraic word used.
A garment isn't spherical.
<quoted text> As pointed out above, the key word used and in context means "hem of a garment".
A garment isn't spherical.
<quoted text>
Covered in this post - http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... - to you, already.
<quoted text> Nothing was ever mentioned about the Jesus! believing anything about a flat earth or wind direction.
You've sure got yourself convinced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min waaasssuuup 590,643
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 839,775
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Johnny 3,054
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min janeebee 4,581
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min WasteWater 5,915
How to do a threesome!! 22 min TPedro 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min lovewithin 40,526
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,071
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Charlie Sheen 271,396
More from around the web