“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#526475 Apr 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And this ------> } <------ is called a brace.
Thanks, man.

What's this ------> Ä

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526476 Apr 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why the word fall is used.
Who chooses to fall?
I blame the beer....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526477 Apr 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
RR and I have talked about this before.
I challenged him. If he would just kiss the first random man he met on the mouth, I would too. He declined.
He chose to be what he was; heterosexual. I applaud that.
Of course, I may just be a better gambler.
I told you I wouldn't kiss the first random woman I saw, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526478 Apr 27, 2013

Your religion simply can't die fast enough.
Better step up your game.

Maybe you could try less ridicule.

Maybe...
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#526479 Apr 27, 2013
What I am trying to tell HL is the fact that people become what they think about. We have the freedom to think everything we want. We can originate thoughts we can pick up thoughts or just out of the ether.

Humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments. Particularly critical is the environment during puberty. Suggestions, ideas & strange dreams are symptoms of confused attempts to understand new and blunt sexual desires and are rashly interpreted as defining someone as being one sexuality or another. If these conclusions are accompanied by actual homosexual acts they are even more strongly reinforced.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526480 Apr 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:

I believe in evolution, and that man evolved over time. I do not believe it is possible that the process is not designed.
Oops, the freethinkers haven't yet taught you how to freethink exactly like they do. They freethink their way to say "no one can 'believe' in evolution"...

See, to be a true freethinker, you're required to freethink all the time. So long as your freethinking is the same as the other freethinker's freethoughts.

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#526481 Apr 27, 2013
Good Morning Neighbors

Hope you enjoy your Saturday or whatever day it may be in your neighborhoods.

Peace :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526482 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
He didn't say that, did he?
He said that for him, reality and truth depend on evidence. And yes, there needs to be evidence of that love. But it would have already been given spontaneously a thousand times before.
More mangling.
So many of you seem to be unable to read something and repeat it without transforming it into something else. How can one possibly have confidence in the conclusions of somebody that does that so often? How could anything make sense to you if you process information like that?
Is that what it is?

So this "repeated evidence" that's been done thousands of times before is love?

There's no evidence for that, so I guess Lacez wouldn't accept it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526483 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I think I do understand.
Show me where your bible defines anything unambiguously and without contradiction. Show me the part that backs any definitively pronouncement of what the cosmic vault and dome are. Or anything else in your bible.
The same bible is used to justify opposite opinions, such as on wealth or slavery. Or child rearing. Or the shape of the earth.
You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?

Dude, you don't know the bible - other than the mere words of it.

You've yet to post anything of value or meaning that says you know what you're talking about, biblically.

IOW - There's a lack of evidence that you're schooled at all in the bible, so I assume that what you say is bullshit opinion.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#526484 Apr 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So? This forum is filled with Christ haters like and many others? Show me anywhere where two people agree on everything and it is a lie. Thank God He made us all different, it is the spice of life!
Chris, I don't think the forum is filled with Christ haters. We have people here who are believers across a wide spectrum of expressing their belief, and we also have people here who do not believe, so they have no reason to hate something they don't believe in. We have some here who pretend to be on one side or the other but are only here to be noticed and to disrupt what any serious people might want from this site.

If Christ/God exists and is what believers believe Him to be then he is immune to anything that anyone might say about Him anyway. So a person reacting to a comment that appears to be against Christ, IMO, is reacting to being personally diminished because someone else is questioning their belief (and sometimes even their intelligence and integrity).

We are all taking the posts of others too personally, even if the poster intends to be hurtful, because aside from things a person on the net might be able to do off the net to harm someone, what we say here are just words.

We need to try to separate the topic from the people who are discussing it. IMO.

If that makes no sense then it is my fault for not expressing well what I intend.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#526485 Apr 27, 2013

REASONS GIVEN ON TOPIX WHY SKEPTICS AREN'T QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ON THE BIBLE
[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.
[4] It's literal, not an allegory.
[5] Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective
[6] Scripture is only transparent to biblical scholars
[7] I am not filled with the Holy Spirit
[8] That's the mystery of it all. "God works in mysterious ways"
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
[10] You were obviously never a "true christian"
[11] You don't have enough faith. You have to believe to understand.
[12] You canít criticize the bible because you donít believe or understand it.
[13] Why do we think we can pretend to know God?
[14] Scripture always interprets scripture
[15] Ever heard of biblical hermeneutics?
[16] You are not TRULY with truth and sincerity seeking God.
[17] You have to know how to translate Hebrew and Greek
[18] You are using a completely unsupportable transliteration of Scripture
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[20] It takes humility to understand the Bible
[21]ďStop scripture mining."
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.
[24] In any other field, like medicine, engineering, technology, electronics, software, computer, unless you have qualifications and experience, you are not allowed to open you mouth.
[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.
"Reasons given on Topix"??

Are we just supposed to take your word for it?

'cuz #5, "Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective" sounds like a tall tale.
Adam

#526486 Apr 27, 2013
@HL

This is how it's supposed to be.
Adam

#526488 Apr 27, 2013
@HL

Look through the eyes of your daughter.

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

#526489 Apr 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
what to do have enjoyment of our life days and you asking stupid question?
are you able to change day miseries of those who all day and night post nonsense like sick lunatics???
Here's a question for you. Are you able to reword that so it makes any sense at all Dr Shrink?
Adam

#526490 Apr 27, 2013

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526491 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You are most definitely in error, the bible never says the earth is flat, unless you continue reading it and not learning it.
Are we going to quibble semantics here? No, the biblical earth is not perfectly flat. We can all see hills and valleys.

The earth of the bible was considered to be a roughly flat surface with edges - sometimes described as a circle, sometimes as having four corners - with local curvature. You can see it all from above, and it is fixed from below.

The concept of the earth might have included some cupping at the edges to hold the oceans in, making the surface somewhat concave. And this was covered by a dome.

What the earth was not was a sphere. And calling the biblical earth "flat" is not deceptive.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526493 Apr 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is our behavior ~ our intents, thoughts and actions that make up each of us..... the flesh is just the vessel; we don't even need it when we move on, but we do take that which is us.
You take that which is you? What part of you is you? How about if you get severe Alzheimer's disease before you die? Which version of "you" exits the body and goes to heaven - the old "mented" you, or the demented one present at death?

I'm sure that you'll have a pretty little story with no unambiguous biblical support.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#526494 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your religion simply can't die fast enough.
<quoted text>
Religion is such a beautiful thing. How are you any better than those Iranis?
<quoted text>
Do you think that that is what it would take to make people stop speaking ill of you and your religion - terror?
<quoted text>
LOL. What are planning to do? Flog him over the Internet?
<quoted text>
Your religion has failed you.
I went to the trouble of responding to not only your responses to Andrew's post but also to his.

I got down to the end...was trying to summarize what I had said in to one or two sentences...thought the summary said it best...

Andrew is just full of sh*t...no need to say more.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#526495 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
You forgot something. I promised that if you chose to ignore it, I would revisit it for you, so here it is, from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... :
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have made my case about you. Your claims are as full of stool as you are, aren't they?
If you ignore this again, expect to see it again. I want to hear your answer for why you make such claims knowing full well that they are untrue. Have you no honor or integrity?
I am not going to continue to re-post your old posts because you are the only one too senile to remember what you write or because you choose to use that as a tactic. Your bigotry and lies have been exposed quite nicely.

But if you really want to talk about waiting on an answer, and it doesn't even require wasting hours to find back posts that everyone already knows took place.....

Why did you continue to stay in a church that you knew was stealing money and give them 10% of your income?

What proof do you have your priest was stealing?

Did you lie about this simply because you are a bigot who wanted to portray all churches as corrupt?

I have been reading some of the old posts. Its funny you think everyone but you seemingly is considered a fool. Other than a few sycophants all I see is people that see you as a pathetic old man desperate for the respect he thinks he got as a doctor who didn't care about his patients. In moments of frustration a guy that blurts out comments that would only apply if he was still practicing medicine today, which he isn't, and a guy so craving validation that he makes up his own social demographic and refers to himself as "we". A guy so insecure that when he makes a spelling error he responds with a thesaurus list of words starting with the same letter to make sure people know it was a mistake and not a reflection of his vocabulary.

In real life you don't have the courage or the support a guy like you would need to ever say anything to anyone. So you come to the internet and rant and rave and convince yourself that being in the bottom .05% of your group that makes up 5% of the population carries any weight with anyone. What a sad, delusional life you live

Did you miss me? You should. You grasp on reality seems to get proportionally tenuous the longer I am gone. If you didn't have a few people so desperate for a leader (the world is filled with followers) you would understand how the world actually views you. Try going to any thread on your own and see what I mean. You aren't smarter than anyone, you are dishonest and unethical, and you are a bigot. Exactly what is it an ex-doctor, that stated if his patients wanted someone to care about their total well being they should have gotten a social worker, have to contribute about humanism?

You started your profession by making an oath based on deities. You started your career as a liar and a fraud and have continued to be one

:)
Adam

#526496 Apr 27, 2013

God bless you through Ozzy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 53 min Johnny 4,839
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Lumajuice 777,420
Gay snapchat names 1 hr Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 2 hr vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 2 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 2 hr eragonlove321 213
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,377
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr hojo 560,141
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Lumajuice 441,807