|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
you hafta be kidding, right? what more could a Wonderful God do than become human to execute upon Himself the penalty of all our evil???
He could do what I would do: love his creation as he made them and torture nothing at all. I guess it's easy to overlook that option when you can require torture instead.
waaasssuuup wrote:
do yourself a favor and don't respond foolishly, because "by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned" Jesus
I stand by my words. Here's what I consider foolish:

“The belief that a walking dead Jewish deity who was his own father although he always existed, commits suicide by [centurian], although he didn't really die, in order to give himself permission not to send you to an eternal place of torture that he created for you, but instead to make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically promise him you accept him as your master, so he can cleanse you of an evil force that is present in mankind because a rib-woman and a mud-man were convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”– anon

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you envious of people with academic credentials and professional careers? You seem to be. You seem to dislike Catcher and me the most.
Nope.

I am sick of frauds claiming to be something they are not.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
what part of Jn 3:16 -[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life]- do you find offensive?
None of it. I find it false.
waaasssuuup wrote:
you better get crack'n before you die if you want to upstage the Goodness of God as revealed in His Son since i haven't heard of you yet (other than your whinning here about how much better you are then God)
I am better than your god. So are you. And so is anybody that would not toss a conscious soul into fire, or force it to remain conscious eternally just to make it suffer more. Would you do that? If not, you're better than your god.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
.... Neanderthal also had 23 pairs...
Since we have few strands of Neanderthal DNA (or any of the early hominids fo rtha tmatter), upon what do you base that ?

You can't determine that from mitochondrial DNA

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be Buck's take on this bunch?
Nobody misconstrued it. He just lied about it.

I believe there exists a creating source of intelligence and purpose. I believe there is abundant evidence to support this conclusion - not direct evidence, but deductive. Some call this entity "God".

I do not believe the Bible was dictated by God. I believe Jesus of Nazareth was a man who existed, but he was not "god" in any peculiar way and did not even claim to be.

I believe the Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity, islam) are false and inherently evil as a concept.

I believe Christianity was founded solely on the claimed out-of-body experience of Paul, a fake rabbi.

I believe the contemporary followers of Jesus did not believe he was God, or the Atonement for sin, and very nearly killed Paul for preaching that he was.

I believe all mankind are "sons of god", this being in the sense that we are "of the nature" of the creator. "Imago dei" (image of God) is one way of putting it. It means we were created in love with the inclination to, ourselves, create in love.

I believe any belief system that contains judgement, punishment, or insiders and outsiders has nothing whatsoever to do with God.

I believe in evolution, and that man evolved over time. I do not believe it is possible that the process is not designed.

I can't definitively prove any word of this, which is why I refer to it as "belief".

I believe our existence is a mystery, with a few hints along the way.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking of not replying anymore to its posts.
It doesn't understand the meaning of words, especially how they're subjective in lots of cases.
I was trying to make a point that what I find filthy is filthy by my definition, whereas its idea of filthy doesn't pertain to another individual's idea of it.
Bigots will never learn, most of the time.
You might consider adopting a different attitude about people like LAWEST and Counter_Strike. They are not people that you can teach. That doesn't mean that you should not contradict them. But you have to view them is irretrievably hostile. You need to go into it with no expectation of any satisfaction or empathy from them. They have no interest in your opinions,and you can never win them over, so there is no need to be solicitous to them.

As I have mentioned recently to Annie, it is my opinion that when when you engage in these debates, you are doing it for the benefit of the other freethinkers and yourself, not the bigoted Christians. Thus, you can post frankly and with no sugar added. Do not bother repeating yourself for their benefit, nor plead with them to be fair or open minded. It won't happen.

Consequently, when you think that there is no further benefit for you or the rest of us, that's when you drop the subject and move on. Don't let these people disappoint you, which is what will happen every time if you view them as anything other than unreachable religious bigots.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I am sick of frauds claiming to be something they are not.
I am not a fraud. I'm something else.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Really? Is that all you see in my posting?
That's more true of you than me, Dunce. I never insulted you until after you had opened fire on me a few times ... when you mistakenly thought that I had insulted Juice. Nor anybody else. The same with Derp, Dimwit, and Doof. As with you, I simply refused to sit for their insolence. Why should I?
Own your failures. Don't put them on me. I keep a cordial relationship with anybody who is willing to do the same. Lacez and I had a misunderstanding, but neither of us began with the personal crap. We identified our problem, apologized to one another, and moved on.
Juice and I got off to a rough start, too. She used a few unkind words at first, and almost earned a D-name. But I gave her space too as I did with you, and she apologized then stopped. There is still tension there, but we can converse amicably.
Even Dr. Shrink and I have the germ of a cordial relationship now - if he can keep it civil.
I realize how difficult it is for you to accept responsibility for your bad behavior and your bad judgment. You prefer to pretend that I came here to insult people like you, and do nothing but.
But very few of my posts are personal insults, and those that are are directed to the D's, and now a gentle nudge at Riverside Redneck. I don't want him to follow in your footsteps. I didn't want any of you to do that.
You're still calling him dunce? Don't you see that as insulting??

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
None of it. I find it false.
<quoted text>
I am better than your god. So are you. And so is anybody that would not toss a conscious soul into fire, or force it to remain conscious eternally just to make it suffer more. Would you do that? If not, you're better than your god.
Upon that I agree.

I wish you no harm. IN fact, in person we would have gotten over our silliness ages ago. Many things can't be resolved on Topix. I think it is a trust issue for me.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
Well, maybe if I had a religion it would teach hatred against sin nd perversion of the truth.
Are you another one embarrassed by the word "religion"? Good.You should be.

But that doesn't mean that you aren't religious.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You never did tell me who Jesus was.
I don't know what you want there. Probably not the obvious,whichis that maybe Jesus was a man, maybe a composite of men, or maybe a purely mythical figure. It doesn't matter.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Maybe if Jesus ever existed in 1st century Judea you would be getting somewhere with your point.
I don't care if Jesus ever existed or not. None of my points depend on any such person having ever existed.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Again, you would not understand because your stubborness and stupidity would cause what I say to fly over your head. You would constantly miss it. When you decide to slowly but surely crawl out of your cave of ignorance, I would help explain it to you.
There is nothing intelligible that could come from you that I could not understand.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
Why are you on this planet? What's the point of you learning, discovering and experiences uniquely from all other beings and creatures on this planet? Why do we desire to build, progress and advance not only as individuals but as a community, as a group? You believe by chance you're here and one day shall disappear?

How crude and uncivilized.
Religious belief is what is crude. You are afraid that you might not matter if you are not the apple of some god's eye.

Sure, reality can be a little intimidating. But with courage and perseverance, you can learn to stand upright and face it on its own terms.

Try standing up like the bipedal ape you were born to be, and look out into the universe, which may be almost empty, and which may contain no gods at all. Then face and accept the very real possibility that we may be all there is for light years.

Accept that you may be vulnerable and not watched over.

Accept the likelihood of your own mortality and finititude.

Accept the reality of your insignificance everywhere but earth, and that you might be unloved except by those who know you - people, and maybe a few animals.

Because as far as we know, that's how it is.

It's more difficult at first than the comforting swaddling of your religion, but be brave! Religion's comfort comes at a great price. You seem to have no sense of self or of any of meaning or purpose except in relation to a god concept.

Your religion is infantilizing, and costs you your only shot at a mature, authentic, self-actualized existence. For example, with an imagined baby sitter watching, judging, and potentially rewarding or punishing him 24/7, the theist can never know the ineffable joy - the godlike feeling - of doing good for goodness sake, with no expectation of praise or reward.

[Note to lacez: that was typical of the type of post that I recommend. I know that this guy cannot possibly benefit from those words, and I didn't try to make them palatable to him even a little bit. They were written for the potential benefit of others. They have to be, or there is no point writing them.]

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Morning

“Authentic happiness isn’t something
we can go out and get, buy, beg, borrow or steal,
it’s only something we can be,
and it’s a choice we make with every breath we take.”

~ Dennis Merritt Jones

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

God, People in this world are looking for real faith. Some of them place that faith in the wrong god, whether a false god or material things or a person. I pray for everyone in the world, for those in my own "Jerusalem," and my own family. I pray that you would use me and my life experiences as an instrument to demonstrate real faith to the unbelieving. Give me opportunities to share my faith experiences and give me the words to say to influence those who need it. Speak through me, work through me, your servant. I love you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

Love each other deeply with all your heart

1 Peter 1:22

K-Love

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
Your mockery did not escape the penmanship of the scribes. Your reward shall be given you.
Counter_Strike: So let it be written, so let it be done.[Quo Vadis]
The penmanship of the scribes? Did they have nice handwriting?

You're frigging insane, aren't you? Religion has not had a good effect on you.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there...what did I do? I am behaving.
Oh...are we talking about the fruit of the flower?
Sometimes I misbehave and don't even know it...
You were talking about something Launching out of your V-Jay....and worrying if it did....

LOL....Made me laugh

:-)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.healthyhoohoo.com/
Maybe this will clean up the topic of discussion.
LOL. That's the spirit.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody misconstrued it. He just lied about it.
I believe there exists a creating source of intelligence and purpose. I believe there is abundant evidence to support this conclusion - not direct evidence, but deductive. Some call this entity "God".
I do not believe the Bible was dictated by God. I believe Jesus of Nazareth was a man who existed, but he was not "god" in any peculiar way and did not even claim to be.
I believe the Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity, islam) are false and inherently evil as a concept.
I believe Christianity was founded solely on the claimed out-of-body experience of Paul, a fake rabbi.
I believe the contemporary followers of Jesus did not believe he was God, or the Atonement for sin, and very nearly killed Paul for preaching that he was.
I believe all mankind are "sons of god", this being in the sense that we are "of the nature" of the creator. "Imago dei" (image of God) is one way of putting it. It means we were created in love with the inclination to, ourselves, create in love.
I believe any belief system that contains judgement, punishment, or insiders and outsiders has nothing whatsoever to do with God.
I believe in evolution, and that man evolved over time. I do not believe it is possible that the process is not designed.
I can't definitively prove any word of this, which is why I refer to it as "belief".
I believe our existence is a mystery, with a few hints along the way.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
You said it better than he did.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's not just my take.
The other extant apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Man has 23. Human chromosome 2 looks like two fused chromosomes.
Do you know the science? A chromosome has what are called telomeres capping its ends, and a central anchoring portion called a centromere. Human chromosome 2 has two centromeres (one inactive) and telomeres internally. Please look at the illustration here, and read the accompanying paragraphs and caption http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome_2_%28...
This is considered smoking gun evidence that all apes including man descended from a common ancestral ape with 24 chromosomes, and that somewhere after the line that became man separated from the other apes, two chromosomes fused end to end. Neanderthal also had 23 pairs.
There are really only two possible explanations: man descended from brachiating apes,or a malicious and deceptive god or hyperintelligent alien intelligence set things up to look like that.
What is NOT possible is that an omnipotent god that wants us to know him as our creator was involved. It was either an accident of evolution or a trickster creator that gave us human chromosome 2.
You'll enjoy this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Off to my fraudulent, imaginary gym.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 505,401 - 505,420 of598,799
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

491 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min dirty white boy- 717,014
How long does a Topix ban last? 11 min big jake 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min River Tam 223,273
Why America is a ROTTEN nation! 17 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 39
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min Batman 114,679
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Oxbow 530,292
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 32 min ChromiuMan 5,178
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min Pegasus 255,746
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,503
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr SimmerExtreme 64
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••