Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#526445 Apr 27, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one true God and Saviour is Jesus Christ.
A to the men!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#526446 Apr 27, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Several years ago a neighbor was having problems because of a kitty door; it seems the racoons were inviting themselves in to dine on the cat's food.
So why were you stealin' the kitty's food,you country coon?!

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#526447 Apr 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/ showbiz/dionne-warwick-bankrup tcy She ain't BROKE. She's just hidin' all her remaining cash and valuables from dems folks at the IRS. I'm sure her buddy in jail in Nevada,Orenthal, taught her eva' thang she need to know about 'hidin'' stuff.
Go write your book.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#526449 Apr 27, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Go write your book.
'The REALITY of being a DORK' with guest,Hick-Up

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#526450 Apr 27, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
It is well. Thank You. Why does a person give themself many names to those who do not know? I don't know. But, God knows the heart and calls them by name. A person behind a screen can not see and does not know. Yet, all is and are known.
who knows?.........to create confusion maybe?!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#526451 Apr 27, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Law... sure was Lupy... now am Ash :-)
Good morning ( here ) ASH, I hear ya, how many alias's do you have?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526452 Apr 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for more information ..
http://www.yahwehsword.org/
Yikes! That was off putting.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#526453 Apr 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, People in this world are looking for real faith. Some of them place that faith in the wrong god, whether a false god or material things or a person. I pray for everyone in the world, for those in my own "Jerusalem," and my own family. I pray that you would use me and my life experiences as an instrument to demonstrate real faith to the unbelieving. Give me opportunities to share my faith experiences and give me the words to say to influence those who need it. Speak through me, work through me, your servant. I love you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

Fennario

#526454 Apr 27, 2013
boooots wrote:
CS, one thing that I don't think you will ever be right about is stating that IANS fails to understand something. My experience of him over several years is that he does have great udnerstanding of most things. That he may not agree with what others understand about something though is commendable, because he states that.
Thanks, boooots.

The Christians depend on the argument that they alone possess some secret knowledge of their bible in order to dismiss its critics. I've actually kept a running list over a few years of the various forms that that has taken:

REASONS GIVEN ON TOPIX WHY SKEPTICS AREN'T QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ON THE BIBLE

[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.
[4] It's literal, not an allegory.
[5] Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective
[6] Scripture is only transparent to biblical scholars
[7] I am not filled with the Holy Spirit
[8] That's the mystery of it all. "God works in mysterious ways"
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
[10] You were obviously never a "true christian"
[11] You don't have enough faith. You have to believe to understand.
[12] You can’t criticize the bible because you don’t believe or understand it.
[13] Why do we think we can pretend to know God?
[14] Scripture always interprets scripture
[15] Ever heard of biblical hermeneutics?
[16] You are not TRULY with truth and sincerity seeking God.
[17] You have to know how to translate Hebrew and Greek
[18] You are using a completely unsupportable transliteration of Scripture
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[20] It takes humility to understand the Bible
[21]“Stop scripture mining."
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.
[24] In any other field, like medicine, engineering, technology, electronics, software, computer, unless you have qualifications and experience, you are not allowed to open you mouth.
[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#526455 Apr 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>How do you spread understanding G? In the newspapers?
.. by being understanding ..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#526456 Apr 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You're still calling him dunce? Don't you see that as insulting??
Good morning Serah ( here ), how're you today / night, is that your pic in your avatar?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#526457 Apr 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL. I was correct: you weren't aware of how erotic your post was. It was the one where you were talking about keeping your legs crossed.
LOL

Well...

I am most often inspired to write by what I have read. When I read the post that I originally responded to...the one about things springing from the vagina...

Never thought about it being erotic...figured that maybe it might invoked the "demoniac" label that some have stuck on me.

LOL Funny...erotic to the unbeliever...demoniac to the Christians. Chances are...both labels fit at any given time.

Thanks for laugh though...the other posts that triggered thoughts were not so pleasant.

Fennario

#526458 Apr 27, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
In light of past 24hrs... I humbly request that you never call me Juice again.
LOL. That was a little tough for you.

I like the name, but in deference to your request, I'll put a 72 hour moratorium on its use - through Tuesday morning.

Fennario

#526459 Apr 27, 2013
lacez wrote:
I prefer to stick to reality and truths backed up by lots of evidence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So if you had a daughter and she told you; "I love you, daddy.", you would ask her to back that assertion up with "lots of evidence"?
Good luck to ya.
He didn't say that, did he?

He said that for him, reality and truth depend on evidence. And yes, there needs to be evidence of that love. But it would have already been given spontaneously a thousand times before.

More mangling.

So many of you seem to be unable to read something and repeat it without transforming it into something else. How can one possibly have confidence in the conclusions of somebody that does that so often? How could anything make sense to you if you process information like that?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#526460 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks, boooots.
The Christians depend on the argument that they alone possess some secret knowledge of their bible in order to dismiss its critics. I've actually kept a running list over a few years of the various forms that that has taken:
[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.
[24] In any other field, like medicine, engineering, technology, electronics, software, computer, unless you have qualifications and experience, you are not allowed to open you mouth.
[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.
Yes, I think I agree with all of those points, as they are tactics or responses used to stop communication (the last word is my own). It is easy to say that another person is wrong, because they can't see the truth unless they have looked for it. That can't be argued against, really, because we can't be in the other person's brain to see if what they see is different than what we see.

I think it is a tactic they use, though not necessarily maliciously, and perhaps not even consciously using it as a tactic (they might actually really believe they have some gift we don't).

I don't believe it though, in that I don't believe that any believer, other than being really INTO his beliefs, has any connection with the supernatural that the rest of us are missing out in (other than he spends a lot of his time in that space and we don't). Yes, he is psychologically really gung ho, as I was for a very short time when I got into Amway back in the early 90s, through friends sort of trapping us into it. However that "spirit" that they have is of their own making, because we have the power within ourselves of seeing anything we want to see (obviously a bit of an exaggeration to make my point).

Perhaps, I am wrong, IANS, because I have not been following a lot of your posts, but it seems to me that you are perhaps being more defensive of your position with some of these people, than is necessary, because IMO, you have them over a barrel. You don't have to justify anything, IMO. You can likely tell me the very same thing; that I spend too much time trying to convince people of something that they are wrong about and so I don't need to keep telling them the same thing.

Fennario

#526461 Apr 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I also appreciate your respond

I like your posts, only I see one error You try to deny Bible,and claim that Bible is Christians Book,and biblical God is Christian God? THIS IS NOT TRUE Accepting Bible as Gods inspiration Word,is not accepting wicked devil fallen moraly bloody christianity existing on this earth past 2000 years like deadly sick parasite Rev 18;4-5
OK, thanks.

It's really only the Christian church that I have issue with. It doesn't sound like you have much more use for it than I do.

Location hidden

#526462 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks, boooots.
Gee, I wrote a long response to your post, and either forgot to send it, or it hasn't arrived yet, but I can't find it (usually I can by going back pages) and don't have the energy to redo it.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#526463 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you envious of people with academic credentials and professional careers? You seem to be. You seem to dislike Catcher and me the most.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I am sick of frauds claiming to be something they are not.
.. when we see past the credentials, the person is revealed ..

Location hidden

#526464 Apr 27, 2013
So it did get sent, I see.

Fennario

#526465 Apr 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I hadda stop you there.
Are you implying that there's 2.2 billion different versions of the way the bible is read?
Very possibly. It would be difficult to find two Christians that agreed an everything about their bible and god. Or do you disagree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Critical Eye 881,462
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min 2all 603,748
Yanbu Gays 13 min Bottom_Yanbu 8
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 24 min Freebird USA 26
The Christian Atheist debate 38 min Into The Night 4,121
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 50 min janeebee 8,383
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,697
More from around the web