“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#526394 Apr 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
....Your religion has failed you.
It is supposed to when done right, get beyond the myth and understand the allegory it represents.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#526395 Apr 27, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your thoughts on vagina nectar dripping all over you Alice?
Are you OK Luci?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#526396 Apr 27, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
what do you hope to achieve by your anti-Christian, Anti-Hebrew, Anti-Religious feelings?
I hope to do my part helping others see how loathsome your religion is - how it damages people like you, which hurts the rest of as well.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You and your freethinking time wasters are not getting anywhere with your desires to expose and dispatch bigotry wherever it may be found.
Have you been tracking the statistics of religion in America at all? Are you aware of how public opinion about your church is changing? Even many of the religious are distancing themselves from it.

The freethinkers here on Topix are a sampling of a much larger body of unbelievers just as you and your ilk are for your church. Does it comfort you to think that we here on Topix are all there are?

Fennario

#526397 Apr 27, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
We get it, you're not a fan of scripture because it isn't a fan of yours. Too bad.
No, you don't get it. Your scripture is irrelevant. What I care about is your church and the burden it imposes on society.
Counter_Strike wrote:
If you don't understand the bible, I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself with your shabby misinterpretations. CS.
Of course I understand your bible, just like I understand your post and everything else written in English. You pretend that it is impenetrable to unbelievers, but the opposite is true. We read it with an open, impartial mind. You can't do that.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#526398 Apr 27, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Good Night All :)
Good night Bernie :)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#526399 Apr 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jist hang ont'a yer bloomers sis!
That can be a game too :)

This summer I've planned a hike to Amish country to preach the gospel of HL.

Wish me luck?

Fennario

#526400 Apr 27, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats your thoughts as to how the ''Geologic time scale'' works?
I dont know a lot about it, but have read some stuff that says its a screwd up method..
I don't understand the question.

The geologic time scale is not a method. It refers to times spans in the millions to billions of years - the times spans over which theories of cosmogenesis, plate tectonics, and evolution play out.

This is in contrast to the time scales of daily life, which range from seconds to decades, or the time scales of the subatomic world, where events commonly occur in nanoseconds.

Fennario

#526401 Apr 27, 2013
Between lacez and Annie, it's been a pretty erotic 24 hours on this thread. And I doubt that either intended it to be.
AnnieJ wrote:
Hey there...what did I do? I am behaving. Oh...are we talking about the fruit of the flower? Sometimes I misbehave and don't even know it...
LOL. I was correct: you weren't aware of how erotic your post was. It was the one where you were talking about keeping your legs crossed.

Fennario

#526402 Apr 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
No can understand your reason for being here other than to insult people.
Really? Is that all you see in my posting?

That's more true of you than me, Dunce. I never insulted you until after you had opened fire on me a few times ... when you mistakenly thought that I had insulted Juice. Nor anybody else. The same with Derp, Dimwit, and Doof. As with you, I simply refused to sit for their insolence. Why should I?

Own your failures. Don't put them on me. I keep a cordial relationship with anybody who is willing to do the same. Lacez and I had a misunderstanding, but neither of us began with the personal crap. We identified our problem, apologized to one another, and moved on.

Juice and I got off to a rough start, too. She used a few unkind words at first, and almost earned a D-name. But I gave her space too as I did with you, and she apologized then stopped. There is still tension there, but we can converse amicably.

Even Dr. Shrink and I have the germ of a cordial relationship now - if he can keep it civil.

I realize how difficult it is for you to accept responsibility for your bad behavior and your bad judgment. You prefer to pretend that I came here to insult people like you, and do nothing but.

But very few of my posts are personal insults, and those that are are directed to the D's, and now a gentle nudge at Riverside Redneck. I don't want him to follow in your footsteps. I didn't want any of you to do that.

Location hidden

#526403 Apr 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wise beyond your years.
It's not the falling that hurts, G_O_D.

What hurts is taking the plunge together but hitting the ground alone.

Fennario

#526404 Apr 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
WoW! Just like you.
The Harvard Don that hides on Topix!
What a fraud.
Are you envious of people with academic credentials and professional careers? You seem to be. You seem to dislike Catcher and me the most.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#526405 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Really? Is that all you see in my posting?
That's more true of you than me,....
ROFLMAO

You have got to be a Poe

Fennario

#526406 Apr 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your take on the fused chromosomes doc? Who better to ask here?
It's not just my take.

The other extant apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Man has 23. Human chromosome 2 looks like two fused chromosomes.

Do you know the science? A chromosome has what are called telomeres capping its ends, and a central anchoring portion called a centromere. Human chromosome 2 has two centromeres (one inactive) and telomeres internally. Please look at the illustration here, and read the accompanying paragraphs and caption http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome_2_%28...

This is considered smoking gun evidence that all apes including man descended from a common ancestral ape with 24 chromosomes, and that somewhere after the line that became man separated from the other apes, two chromosomes fused end to end. Neanderthal also had 23 pairs.

There are really only two possible explanations: man descended from brachiating apes,or a malicious and deceptive god or hyperintelligent alien intelligence set things up to look like that.

What is NOT possible is that an omnipotent god that wants us to know him as our creator was involved. It was either an accident of evolution or a trickster creator that gave us human chromosome 2.

Location hidden

#526407 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you envious of people with academic credentials and professional careers? You seem to be. You seem to dislike Catcher and me the most.
You said earlier that you are a 50 something white male(the white male part being superfluous to my questions).

Why did you quit your profession?

I ask because I'm thinking of joining that profession.

Did you quit because of the profession?

You also said I could ask you questions.

Fennario

#526408 Apr 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
you hafta be kidding, right? what more could a Wonderful God do than become human to execute upon Himself the penalty of all our evil???
He could do what I would do: love his creation as he made them and torture nothing at all. I guess it's easy to overlook that option when you can require torture instead.
waaasssuuup wrote:
do yourself a favor and don't respond foolishly, because "by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned" Jesus
I stand by my words. Here's what I consider foolish:

“The belief that a walking dead Jewish deity who was his own father although he always existed, commits suicide by [centurian], although he didn't really die, in order to give himself permission not to send you to an eternal place of torture that he created for you, but instead to make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh, drink his blood, and telepathically promise him you accept him as your master, so he can cleanse you of an evil force that is present in mankind because a rib-woman and a mud-man were convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”– anon

“Love much, trust none”

There

#526409 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope.

I am sick of frauds claiming to be something they are not.

Fennario

#526410 Apr 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
what part of Jn 3:16 -[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life]- do you find offensive?
None of it. I find it false.
waaasssuuup wrote:
you better get crack'n before you die if you want to upstage the Goodness of God as revealed in His Son since i haven't heard of you yet (other than your whinning here about how much better you are then God)
I am better than your god. So are you. And so is anybody that would not toss a conscious soul into fire, or force it to remain conscious eternally just to make it suffer more. Would you do that? If not, you're better than your god.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#526411 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
.... Neanderthal also had 23 pairs...
Since we have few strands of Neanderthal DNA (or any of the early hominids fo rtha tmatter), upon what do you base that ?

You can't determine that from mitochondrial DNA

Location hidden

#526412 Apr 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be Buck's take on this bunch?
Nobody misconstrued it. He just lied about it.

I believe there exists a creating source of intelligence and purpose. I believe there is abundant evidence to support this conclusion - not direct evidence, but deductive. Some call this entity "God".

I do not believe the Bible was dictated by God. I believe Jesus of Nazareth was a man who existed, but he was not "god" in any peculiar way and did not even claim to be.

I believe the Abrahamic religions (judaism, christianity, islam) are false and inherently evil as a concept.

I believe Christianity was founded solely on the claimed out-of-body experience of Paul, a fake rabbi.

I believe the contemporary followers of Jesus did not believe he was God, or the Atonement for sin, and very nearly killed Paul for preaching that he was.

I believe all mankind are "sons of god", this being in the sense that we are "of the nature" of the creator. "Imago dei" (image of God) is one way of putting it. It means we were created in love with the inclination to, ourselves, create in love.

I believe any belief system that contains judgement, punishment, or insiders and outsiders has nothing whatsoever to do with God.

I believe in evolution, and that man evolved over time. I do not believe it is possible that the process is not designed.

I can't definitively prove any word of this, which is why I refer to it as "belief".

I believe our existence is a mystery, with a few hints along the way.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Fennario

#526413 Apr 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking of not replying anymore to its posts.
It doesn't understand the meaning of words, especially how they're subjective in lots of cases.
I was trying to make a point that what I find filthy is filthy by my definition, whereas its idea of filthy doesn't pertain to another individual's idea of it.
Bigots will never learn, most of the time.
You might consider adopting a different attitude about people like LAWEST and Counter_Strike. They are not people that you can teach. That doesn't mean that you should not contradict them. But you have to view them is irretrievably hostile. You need to go into it with no expectation of any satisfaction or empathy from them. They have no interest in your opinions,and you can never win them over, so there is no need to be solicitous to them.

As I have mentioned recently to Annie, it is my opinion that when when you engage in these debates, you are doing it for the benefit of the other freethinkers and yourself, not the bigoted Christians. Thus, you can post frankly and with no sugar added. Do not bother repeating yourself for their benefit, nor plead with them to be fair or open minded. It won't happen.

Consequently, when you think that there is no further benefit for you or the rest of us, that's when you drop the subject and move on. Don't let these people disappoint you, which is what will happen every time if you view them as anything other than unreachable religious bigots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 589,494
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Buck Crick 837,369
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min HipGnosis 176,841
liston is here and still dancing wilth new pro... (May '13) 3 min martn 24
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 4,168
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 11 min Doctor REALITY 26
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 18 min The swamiji 1,430
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Pegasus 271,282
More from around the web