Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you had a daughter and she told you; "I love you, daddy.", you would ask her to back that assertion up with "lots of evidence"?
Good luck to ya.
ROFLMAO! Nice!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm not going to tickle its word-vomit gland anymore.
Because I used your own logic and reasoning to intellectually take you to task, and you folded like a wet used napkin. you can now return to watching your heroes starring in brokeback mountain.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....
I have had enough of some of these people in this place. They have nothing constructive to do or to offer. They're just here trying to create divisions and waste people's time. Ms. Happy seems a very confused and frustrated lesbian, but Catchum 1, Lacez and IANS the Low really serves no purpose here.
Shal we begin.
Andrew (CS).
True thing. But they like it here and must be some secret secular humanist mission that they think they serving any purpose discussing with Christians. Because the Christians can't see any purpose, what you say here many Christians on the billboard say already. So maybe they on a secretive mission from Al Qaeda to infiltrate Christianity LOL. >>cue mission impossible music>>> lol

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you lie and interject the "flat eart" into your opinions?
<quoted text>
Based on the non-truth of most if your posts, I have to assume that you're lying. You're smart enough to know the difference.
You are most definitely in error, the bible never says the earth is flat, unless you continue reading it and not learning it.
Some of the Hebrew fonts may not show correctly, nevertheless....

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. Isa 40:22

Isa 40:22 BHT-Transliterated Hebrew Text
Isaiah 40:22 hayyb `al-Hg hrec wybʺh KaHgbm hann kaDDq mayim wayyimTHm Khel lbet (Isa 40:22 BHT)

Holladay Lexicon:

2391 gWx
gWx: circle; g hre, the earth conceived of as a disk Is 40:22; g al-pn thm horizon on the sea Pr 827; g mayim vault of the heavens Jb 2214.(pg 97)

TWOT Hebrew Lexicon.

2329 gWx chuwg {khoog}
Meaning: 1) circle, circuit, compass 2)(BDB) vault (of the heavens)
Origin: from 02328; TWOT - 615a; n m
Usage: AV - circle 1, circuit 1, compass 1; 3

GESENIUS' HEBREW GRAMMAR

[2867](Hebrew)(page 295)
gWx n.[m.] vault;only of vault of the heavens $lhth ~ymv gWx Jb 22:14; -l[ gWx AqxuB.~wht np Pr 8:27; #rah gWx-l[; bveyh Is 40:22

Definitions taken from BibleWorks 9.0 http://www.bibleworks.com/

^^ That's a handy software to have.^^ You should try it.

The verse in question is referencing a circle, specifically a disc.

Whether you want to imply it meant a "vault"(which, again, in this context would mean all in sight to the horizon ie:circle or disc) or, compass, circuit etc...all of those variations do not mean "sphere".

The word in context and in meaning, as used, according to Hebraic lexicons denotes an old fashioned, flat, 2D circle.

Just what you'd think nomadic desert dwelling goat herders would use in describing a world they knew little about.

Not a 3D sphere.

Noun: circle
1. Ellipse in which the two axes are of equal length; a plane curve generated by one point moving at a constant distance from a fixed point
2. An unofficial association of people or groups
3. Something approximating the shape of a circle
4. Movement once around a course
5. A road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island
6. Street name for flunitrazepam
7. A curved section or tier of seats in a hall or theater or opera house; usually the first tier above the orchestra
8. Any circular or rotating mechanism

Synonyms

band
circuit
circulate
dress circle
encircle
rotary
round
set
traffic circle - WordWeb Pro 6.6

None of the synonyms for circle include "sphere". Circle is the word used. There was no mention of "sphere".

A sphere is circular.

A circle is not spherical

1 Chronicles 16:30:He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.
Psalm 93:1:Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...
Psalm 96:10:He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...
Psalm 104:5:Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.
Isaiah 45:18:...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...

The Flat Earth Society bases its claim of a flat earth entirely upon biblical text.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
What the earth looks like according to the bible.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/enoch24.gif

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods may exists, and even be eternal, but not your god. It never existed.
"It" never existed for you. What exists for another; you have no say in the matter. No one does.

You're no different than any other hater. What fills the void isn't important as long as something exists for you to hate. If you couldn't hate one for a belief in a higher power, you'd find another reason to hate ...be it sexual orientation or skin color or any number of other reasons.

Many that claim religion are no different. They wield the sword of their respective belief scouring the landscape for what they may devour. Your behavioral traits are no different than theirs.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because I used your own logic and reasoning to intellectually take you to task, and you folded like a wet used napkin. you can now return to watching your heroes starring in brokeback mountain.
You say that you intellectually took him to task yet spent so much time embroiled in an unintellectual conversation.

I fail to see the intellect in that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Good evening everyone.
Nick

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Explain what you mean by choice. Reject or accept what. Why is Jesus central to an acceptance of the most high essence? How could worshiping a lesser entity be proper in the light of "thou shall have no other gods before me". It would be no different than Moses' people worshiping the golden calf.
The only way to God's Kingdom is by Jesus Christ. God came and dwelt among us with truth and Grace to provide a way to be redeemed back to God by Jesus blood shead on the cross, the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Jesus having power to be raised because death could not hold Him down. Jesus defeated death. As we will be raised in the same body form. If we reject Jesus His blood shed wasnt for you. If we accept Jesus His blood make us clean before God to be forgiven.
Jesus is God in human form.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So just walk blindly into everything.
You have a weird idea of living.
See, you could have faith that you have wings and can fly; in reality, you can't.
You can have faith that you're a dog; you obviously aren't, since you can type out your posts.
Faith is believe without and against proof or evidence.
Faith is blindly following whatever someone says, then getting raped in an alley.
You are a hypocrite in your assertions, you accuse me and others of not obeying the Word because we don't hold on to OT ordinances that were only given under old Hebrew covenants that don't apply to the fulfillment of 'Grace and Truth', but you criticize the obedience to 'walk by faith, and not by sight', you are really making a fool out of yourself and pitifully cannot ascertain it. I don't walk "blindly" into anything, I'm lead by the spirit, and I know who and what I am and do not put faith into being anything other than what God would have me be.
Nick

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Explain what you mean by choice. Reject or accept what. Why is Jesus central to an acceptance of the most high essence? How could worshiping a lesser entity be proper in the light of "thou shall have no other gods before me". It would be no different than Moses' people worshiping the golden calf.
Remember in egypt God told moses to put the lambs blood around the front door frames and death would pass that house hold. Who ever didnt the first born died. Same with Jesus blood shed for us death will pass us and we will be clean, forgiven and right before God. No Jesus blood shed for you death will have a hold being unclean.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you're about to kill-off an internet character-Que?
How so.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Awesome Father in Heaven, I praise Your name, which is above all names. I lift up to you, all those who are weary in their labors. I pray for strength, encouragement, peace, motivation, wisdom, guidance, rest, and for provision for their every need. Please have mercy and lift them up through the power and help that only you can give. I know that you will answer the cries of their hearts; that you will revive their exhausted minds and bodies; that you will invigorate their spirits if they will only trust in you to be their ever-present help. Help those who suffer from unbelief, that they will believe as they see your love and power at work in their lives. Bless those who love you, Father. Thank you in the name of Jesus, who promised to give rest to those who are weary and heavy-laden, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
Good Evening :) I was bored and didn't feel like doing my Hebrew homwork tonight. Nothing going on on FB so I thought I would see what was going on here. I saw a post with some Herew and took interest but I quickly thought what a waste. I always found your posts interesting so I thought I would say good evening back to you out of respect.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to arouse all the beings attracted to women? LOL
Good evening, is this LUPY?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to God's Kingdom is by Jesus Christ. God came and dwelt among us with truth and Grace to provide a way to be redeemed back to God by Jesus blood shead on the cross, the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. Jesus having power to be raised because death could not hold Him down. Jesus defeated death. As we will be raised in the same body form. If we reject Jesus His blood shed wasnt for you. If we accept Jesus His blood make us clean before God to be forgiven.
Jesus is God in human form.
The only way?
Did Abraham talk with god? did Moses talk with god? did Enoch walk with god? did Adam talk with god? did Noah talk with god?
Did they have to have Jesus as a mouthpiece?
NO.
Neither do I.
Next you will be telling me I must pray to Mary to get permission to talk with Jesus, To allow me to talk with the supreme essence.
I never have had to do any of that nonsense, and never will either.
You have been misled.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know many folks like you. Turn a blind eye to the details.
You see, if you attempted to 'dig in' and excavate the whole picture, you would notice that the NT was full of red flags.
I don't accept anything that is not fact, at least not anymore.
Those questions and statements that I proposed are very important.
Research and knowledge separate the wheat from the tares.
Otherwise you have no faith, I understand, we see things from an entirely different perspective than you do, and as such as God is Blessings OUR minds, we are the one's who are seeing the entire picture more so than those who are in the world. Sorry.........but without FAITH it is impossible to please God.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.bing.com/videos/sea rch?q=follow+your+heart+brett+ dennon+youtube&mid=DECF8F7 F4E4EE17456CEDECF8F7F4E4EE1745 6CE&view=detail&FORM=V IRE1
If things are how you truly believe when you get to judgement God will ask you; why did you tell that bold faced lie about seeing Micah at the flight training school in Florida?

What are you going to say?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Evening :) I was bored and didn't feel like doing my Hebrew homwork tonight. Nothing going on on FB so I thought I would see what was going on here. I saw a post with some Herew and took interest but I quickly thought what a waste. I always found your posts interesting so I thought I would say good evening back to you out of respect.
Good evening BMNB, I remember you and it has been awhile, hope all is good with you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

What is Wisdom.

Wisdom in the bibical sense refers to knowing how to live life well in all its dimensions including relationships with God and with one's fellow human beings.The three "Wisdom" books in the Bible are Job,Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes.The book of Proverbs begins by stating the "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;fools despise wisdom and instruction."(Proverbs 1:7)

Bible fact book.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 505,221 - 505,240 of598,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

571 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 530,012
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Lyndi 171,448
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 716,533
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 36,398
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min dr Shrink 38,405
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 19 min dr Shrink 32,904
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 19 min Doctor REALITY 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Charlie Sheen 255,699
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min CunningLinguist 223,194
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••