|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

I promise this very day that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles.

Zechariah 9:12

K-Love

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask how you come to the conclusion that I live in the flesh?
Because you so.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
Kronk??? Never heard of him. Is he supposed to [have] done or said something intelligent?
Yes, and funny, too.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Cheriann wrote:
Hi, I love the way you string words together and phrase sentences. I really enjoy your posts and sit at my desk and chuckle. But that does not mean that I agree with you. I just find your posts like this "Matt guy" extremely funny. Thanks for brightening my day.
My pleasure, madame. And thank you for the kind words.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask how you come to the conclusion that I live in the flesh?
I have told you how. In the post you are responding to. Is that how you read the bible as well?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you so.
Well... that was my thinking as well :-)

“THIS TOPIX ACCOUNT IS CLOSED”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My pleasure, madame. And thank you for the kind words.
Are you male or female? And from what I have deduced from your phrasiology you were lucky to get a very good education?
Nick

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have told you how. In the post you are responding to. Is that how you read the bible as well?
I dont know what you mean. Are you willing to explain what you mean?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Have a great day ....

((*_-))

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know what you mean. Are you willing to explain what you mean?
You wrote; "Jesus died for the gays too."

It's possible, that I took that statement the wrong way so can you tell me what you meant by that?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

It didn't take you long to swan dive into the ad hominem gutter.
G_O_D wrote:
We have all been waiting for you to crawl out of it for over a month. Seems the only way you can communicate anymore.
You gravitate to the schoolyard level of wit, don't you?

I communicate that way with those of you who feel free to judge me in a personal and derogatory way in these threads. You know that. It began for you after you crossed that line unapologetically.

And you just saw me send a gentle nudge Riverside Redneck's way after reading, "You just cherry picked a 'favorite law' yourself. It's spelled 'hypocrite', in case you were wondering." That was delivered in response to my noting that, "If your old law is in effect, then stone your unruly children to death." I contrasted that with the homophobic OT scriptures.

His conclusion was in error, and his comment was a gratuitous personal insult. He could have handled that any number of other ways. He might have said, "Aren't you being a little unfair?" or "aren't you applying a double standard?" I would have tried to defend my choice, and explain why I didn't think so.

But he chose to conclude that I was a hypocrite, and to call me that. That would be unacceptable even if he were correct about what I had done, but he was wrong. As my wiki definition attested, cherry picking, is an attempt to misrepresent a source by applying a confirmation bias to his/its words to depict it as something that it is not. It is akin to quote mining and taking prose out of context.

Clearly, I did not do that there. I simply picked one of many Old Testament laws that Christians consider no longer binding, and another that they do. There are dozens more I could have chosen of each variety - scriptures about forbidding the yoking together of certain animals, scriptures forbidding socializing with menstruating women, and scriptures proscribing the wearing of textiles blends. Any of them would make the point that some OT laws are ignored today.

And right beside them are the other scriptures that Christians will still wag in your face. Any of them could be used as examples of the other variety. How could I possibly cherry pick from such an assortment, since all OT laws are examples of one kind or the other?

He was simply wrong, and he compounded his error with an aspersion. Once you choose that path, I will join you. Those of you that choose to make mistakes and go on the offensive by issuing personal attacks in response to an idea can expect to dealt with in kind.

To the rest of you, I remain civil. I have been with Juice, with Nick, and most recently with Cheriann. I may harshly denounce their beliefs, but I won't attack them unless they throw the first bomb.

You have been an egregious offender, which is why I will end this post not with "I think that you are mistaken," but rather, using your own preferred language, you're a liar and a moron for saying that such language is the only way I can communicate, Dunce, when clearly, I am selective about whom I treat thusly.

You don't like it, do you, Dunce? But it was your decision to go there, and you don't deserve better in return. Try to be a man and take your just desserts without blaming others.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
Great post Teddy.
Thanks, Juice.

Incidentally, I couldn't find where you and the professor were registered, so I made a substantial contribution to the Human Fund in your name as your gift.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

We don't have to show deference to that nasty religion, so why would we? It's our time now. If the church won't stand down, knock it down.
LupyLu wrote:
Brilliant! Great idea.
Now I know that you're just funnin' me.

Can you suggest an alternative approach that doesn't include compromise with a church that never did that for us? We want the church out of our lives completely. If it won't give us that, we'll have to take it, or accept their terms. We don't need to, we don't want to, and the church deserves no consideration. Do you think that we don't have the right to take that attitude, or do you merely regret it?

It's up to the church to pick one: back off or be pushed off. I think that we both know how that will play out.

And it won't affect you in Australia, where I believe that your church has already been house trained. And even if you were American, it still wouldn't affect you. American Christians, like Australian Christians, will always be free to read their bibles and pray. What else do you want?
Nick

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote; "Jesus died for the gays too."
It's possible, that I took that statement the wrong way so can you tell me what you meant by that?
All have fallen short since all have sinned. Jesus died for all sinners, that is love unfathamable. Jesus loves the gays too. Gays if they are willing to come to Christ and believe in him, repent and turn away from their own ways of a gay life can still be saved and be a new creation in Him.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thanks, Juice.
Incidentally, I couldn't find where you and the professor were registered, so I made a substantial contribution to the Human Fund in your name as your gift. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JJvbZZWt9g4XX
That's very kind of you Teddy. We didn't register, we eloped. I do love Seinfeld, thank you :-)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone were to come up to you and spread their vaginal juices on your arm, would you be disgusted or be thankful?
Answer the question, it proves you wrong. The fact that it is disgusting means it is filthy.
You enjoy pretending your cult is the right way, but all you've shown is that it's horribly evil.
By the way, one wouldn't be filthy from anal sex because one is not "smeared with" or "covered with" feces.
Besides, even if they were, you have failed to acknowledge the fact that when they clean themselves, they are no longer dirty.
Ergo they are not "filthy human beings."
Many more straight people than gay people have anal sex too, you know.
So you're calling straight people filthy too.
Yes. Straight people who commit anal sex, are vile filthy human beings as well...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/filthy

Does not matter if they are gay men or straight men. But it's particularly more filthy and vile for you because homosexuality is your mindset. Does not matter if you take a shower. Your mindset is to have anal sex with men. It's your >>mindset<< and >>thought life<< that makes the homosexual man a filthy and vile human being. That's not an opinion, by fact, that is what you are. Your mindset is to be smeared with filth via anal sex, that by definition makes you filthy and vile.

Same with your example of a Bigot. Bigotry is a mindset and an act. But a bigot does not go all day committing bigotry, it's in their thoughts and their mind. The same with the homosexual man that his mindset is to have anal sex with another man.

So once again mr homosexual man. By your own logic if you want to call a person that is against homosexuals getting married a bigot, then [you]by your sexual practices, are a English language defined vile and filthy person. In fact the English Language calls you worse, I'm being kind.

Many Christians here say because of their stance against gay marriage, they don't mind being called a bigot. Why don't you stop being a Coward and accept by English language definition what you're, a vile and filthy human being. Embrace, what you are.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Skombolis not go to other threads and bring this on himself? Maybe they stormed in but he did
The same to them in other threads. There have been many called a liar by Skombolis. His post can be
Some of the most hateful ones ever seen on Topix.
So I ask why are so many of the posters gone that use to post here on the Golden Thread?
I can't render no opinion on the writings of Skombolis on other threads, I never see them.

I not know those writers you talking about that is gone. I come here around early last year and almost all of those writers still here. Many say they leaving, but they came back. Skombolis will come back as well.

So this writing of yours is best directed to others writers that know what you're talking about.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are having quite a food fight.
Keep your excitement in check Mr.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Now I know that you're just funnin' me.
Can you suggest an alternative approach that doesn't include compromise with a church that never did that for us? We want the church out of our lives completely. If it won't give us that, we'll have to take it, or accept their terms. We don't need to, we don't want to, and the church deserves no consideration. Do you think that we don't have the right to take that attitude, or do you merely regret it?
It's up to the church to pick one: back off or be pushed off. I think that we both know how that will play out.
And it won't affect you in Australia, where I believe that your church has already been house trained. And even if you were American, it still wouldn't affect you. American Christians, like Australian Christians, will always be free to read their bibles and pray. What else do you want?
Let me see if I get this right.

You are now lecturing me for agreeing with you 100%?

Religions affect the whole damn world Teddy, I'm pretty sure you know this. We are also America's allies so if something big goes down over there, it does affect us.

Seems to me, you were devoted and then found out you were lied to, this angered and hurt you.

I hope that you don't think you are the only person this has happened to.

I want religion annihilated, completely, by any means necessary.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
I notice all your referrences are in the OT which was for a different generation.
That's your theology. Others see it differently:

“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley

"God hates fags" - Pastor Fred Phelps

Even if we agree to see it your way, so what? It's still your timeless and perfect god, is it not? These moral offenses against man are not forgiven just because they're old. Why would they be? There is no statute of limitations on murder.
Nick wrote:
I bet you wont find one verse in the NT to kill which apply for generations after Jesus. The new commandment of Jesus is to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR!!!
Even if you are correct, once again, so what? This appeal is as empty as Jeff Dahmer telling the jury that he hadn't eaten anybody in months. So what? Still guilty, just like your god.

Your god remains guilty of a crime that infinitely more heinous: damnation of souls. That is so heinous a moral crime - so over the top - that if your god were real, and it were in our power, we would be justified in attacking and killing it, and releasing those poor souls from hell.

You can't make that god look like anything less that the most horrible monster in all of fiction. Can you name one? Not even Satan, who was created by that god, who continues to exist at its pleasure, and who was given free reign over earth and a kingdom in hell, is nearly that bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 729,833
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Truth 536,930
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min JudgeNJury 259,098
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Calyps017 117,761
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 27 min yon 2,170
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 38 min Cheralathan 960
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr JSarah 73
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••