Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
+ What I forgot to add... in that Link, Ja?
Shalom my friend. How are you?

CS.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
Sorry too, So far what you have shared is also meaningless.
If so, it is because of your faith. Faith dictates what you will find meaningless, which includes facts that don't support your faith.

I have something else in place of faith: rational skepticism. It dictates what I will find meaningless. I find the dicta of faith useless.

What has faith ever given us?
Nick wrote:
In the OT 3000 years ago the bible mentions that space is stretched like a curtain. It is only now through science can we confirm this as fact !
Science confirms that space is nothing like a curtain. Space is more like a balloon. Space expands. Curtains are really just unfolded, not stretched, since they are generally inelastic.

Space doesn't appear to be pulled - what the word "stretch" implies - like a curtain. We know of nothing stretching it. All we know is that it expands.

Furthermore, Curtains tend to expand in only one dimension: laterally. Space expands in at least three dimensions.

And space is still expanding, not merely "stretched."

The most remarkable thing about biblical cosmology is how few of its guesses can even be twisted to resemble what science has taught us. If your first example of biblical science was the use of the word stretch as evidence that the bible authors knew about the expansion of space, you've got nothing.

The usual example of biblical scientific prophecy provided is that time and the universe may have had a beginning. And sometimes I hear about the world being suspended. Would you like me to address either of those?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. many believers on this thread speak a language we cannot understand ..
.. if you make any claim to truth, knowledge or wonderment, expect anathema. Nobody is allowed to question faith and dissenting voices are ridiculed in an attempt to silence ..
.. clerics have stifled their curiosity and now they follow in their footsteps ..
Well stated.

Faith deserves no praise. It's a problem.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It appears this an observation from personal experience.
Please continue in your own self conviction.
Mr. BT42, I never heard you this -blitzkrieg before. All you have left to do is send in the disgruntled henchmen and the berzerkers. LOL
What's wrong old friend? You don't seem the jovial man of late.

CS.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that we all descended from Abes. Maybe I'm confusing traditions: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1040/546252526...
"I viewed my fellow man not as a fallen angel, but as a risen Abe."
- Desmond Morris, author of The Naked Abe
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty Abe."
Hah hah hah!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
True. And if some have their way this nation may one day be under sharia law. Last year a judge in this state (Fl) spoke out in support of it.
This country will never have Sharia law. There are too many people with personal arsenals of guns for this country to be overrun by Islamic Law. I believe the danger to the country lays in Tolerance. A watered down political correct versions of Christianity that do not clash with the beliefs of Islam or Hinduism. More people of those religions are moving into the country, and the [why can't we all get along]crowd will cause Christianity to be very watered down so as not to [offend]. To me that's the danger ahead.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Jesus taught: By your words you shalt be justified and by your words you shalt be condemned.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Lawest, I know... it is just my way of saying I care.
It is 6am Thurs now, and after a beautiful full lit sky all night, it is still not daylight, the birds have not woken, while it is very still. Make me think of “Be still and know that I am God” Psalm 46:10
Sometimes I do not understand why even some Christians convey a degree of non belief – or is it lack of understanding – that we can and do see as Jesus said 'the kingdom of God, and do speak with the knowledge contained therein. Why it it thought of as a separate thing?
Luke 17
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
So many use Biblical text, even those of Jesus to suite interpretation of, and yet to understand them as a child, they are literal! Applicable in every sense of the word.
God Bless and trust you caught up with some rest.
Good morning ( here ) >>>>>Irrira< <<<<

Forgive me for taking this long to respond to your post. I know that you care my friend, and I appreciate that more than you know, regarding your point about those christians that don't seem to submit themselves fully to God's Word or really understanding it, I know that it doesn't sound practical to assess anyone's proclaimed walk with Christ as I know that many will see that as passing judgement, and it is true that none of us are perfect in the least, but I will say this, that many who profess to have God do not always have what they claim, and that by itself can usually signify a red flag in some cases, the Bible tells us to try the spirits to see if they be of God, and when you are Blessed of God to have the spiritual discernment to see these things, then usually so much is like an open book before you.

God is keeping me afloat my friend, and I'm glad to know that you are doing good as well. Peace and Blessings always.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
The same could be said to you about guesses. You can not prove the bible to be false.
The correct word for the bible is "inauthentic," not "false." The bible is a forgery. It was not written by the deity it describes, which obviously doesn't exist, either. The book describes a perfectly loving, omniscient, omnipotent being that [1] wrote the book, that [2] wants us to know and love him,[3] and that governs our lives.

And yes, I can prove that those are untrue. Do I need to tell you how I know that all three are incorrect? I will if you like. I'll give you clues: the bible is filled with errors, the god fails to manifest itself unambiguously, and horrible things happen to people.

Incidentally, saying that I am also guessing - I had called your faith a guess - even if true, is not really much of a defense for your guesses. You're not affirming your faith based conclusions, but hoping to show that mine are on equally shaky ground.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point being?
So I'm a bigot in your opinion; do you believe your opinion counts?
Say it does count, tyou've established in your mind that I'm a bigot, so what's your next point?
For whatever reason I somehow think you could still make a positive contribution to this thread, but while I say this I wouldn't make a wager on it.
Shalom sir.
CS.
It's not an opinion, you are in fact, by definition, a bigot.

If I say that I just replied to your comment, is that an opinion or a fact? A fact; because I just replied to your comment.
If someone says it gets darker at night, would that be an opinion or a fact?
A fact.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound a bit confused.
I'll give you a do over.
So sound a bit (way) too late in replying.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be Buck's take on this bunch?
Buck would say he's stronger and smarter then anyone here, not to mention having more jail time then anyone here also..........

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
don't get me wrong as i agree with you more so than i do some other 'christian' posers here, BUT can a person be born addicted to....say crack if their mother was using during pregnancy?
similarly, can a person possibly be 'born gay'/with a disposition towards uncleaness/homosexuality since sin is hereditary?:)
My friend, you're making some rather harsh statements of late. I was looking to see if you also brought along my old friend Padre Dominic Armando Del Muerte van Helsing with you, all guns blazing absent silver bullets. What has ticked you off so?

In either case, scripturally, it is said that the sins of the foreparents are visited upon the children even to the 3rd and 4th generation. Single parent homes don't help either, although many single do an admirable job raising their child(ren), a mother can't be a better father than a good man and a man cannot be a better mother no matter how hard he tries than a good woman. Children who grow up in single parent homes, gay tolerant homes or homes where a boy isn't scolded for wearing female clothes and underwear and a girl isn't scolded for wearing male clothes and boxers are at risk of experimenting with same sex relations or even becoming gay.

People say gay isn't a choice, but I ask them how so? Homosexuality is the sexual act, wanting intimate relations with or intimately sexual thought towards an individual the same gender. Therefore, if a man or woman decided to suppress these urges or thoughts, then you would not be able to tell, especially if the man doesn't act effeminate or the female act masculine if he or she is gay. It is >more so< a choice no matter how people twist it. It is the same way a man or woman can choose to be celebate.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So sound a bit (way) too late in replying.
At least reply came even though possibly undeserving.

CS.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And what of a rape victim being forced into marriage with her rapist?
Or eating shellfish?
Or eating pork?
Or wearing mixed fabrics?
All those are supposedly equally sinful.
I see that you are going off on a tantrum now, if I thought that you really wanted to know these things for true spiritual edification, I would engage you in the discussions, but you really want to further another useless debate and argument, someone who really wants to know anything for an interest in being saved, you would have different questions going like what steps do you take to be saved, and also your questions would be more Christ related as well.

If you are honest about your queries, then fall on your knees and pray.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an opinion, you are in fact, by definition, a bigot.
If I say that I just replied to your comment, is that an opinion or a fact? A fact; because I just replied to your comment.
If someone says it gets darker at night, would that be an opinion or a fact?
A fact.
So are you a filthy human being by definition?

filth·y
adj. filth·i·er, filth·i·est
1. Covered or smeared with filth; disgustingly dirty.
2. Obscene; scatological.
3. Vile; nasty: a filthy traitor.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/filthy

Number 1, covered or smeared with Filth.

You would agree anal sex between you and another man would leave Filth on you right?

So to call you a Filthy human being, is not an opinion, it's a Fact right? based on your reasoning?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
They're following the word of god like you never will, according to your bible.
Very idiotic statement sir, how is killing and rioting following the God's Word?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

another thought just came to me:

similar to how gays reserve the right to be overtly effiminate (gay male) or overtly masculine (gay female), a straight male or female reserves the right to be overtly homophobic!;)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
For whatever reason I somehow think you could still make a positive contribution to this thread, but while I say this I wouldn't make a wager on it.
What is your positive contribution? All I see from you is idle theological speculations. You argue over nothingness.

Theology is effete. Studying your bible is not meaningful however deeply you pursue it, and nothing useful has ever come from the practice.

Now that it's been brought to your attention, I'm sure that you'll agree that your theology is useless - unless you can offer us an example of something of value that theology gave man, or that you gave to the thread.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The bibles confirms you can not trust your feeling!
They can let you down!
Luke is a well educated physician a close associate of Paul. Luke wrote the gospel while Paul was in prison by the Romans about 60AD.
Luke confirms Jesus as the Saviour of the whole world.
That is the Facts!
The Romans also later woke up and realised the diety of Jesus and turned to Jesus as their God.
I find that amazing !!!!!!!!!
The Romans? Heh heh heh

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 504,641 - 504,660 of596,448
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

504 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Mandela 109,434
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min eternalrock 679,475
Say hello to everyone and I am new here 26 min Cisco Kid 5
Opposite Of Truth 28 min Cisco Kid 6
In Mexico City, where can I get hold of Nembutal? (Sep '10) 31 min Cisco Kid 11
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 34 min -USA-1 37,817
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 54 min Aura Mytha 216,398
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr marge 511,740
teen snapchat nudes 5 hr casher_98 105