Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Nick

Australia

#525329 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. OK, John died before Thomas. How does the affect the Gospels ??..
.. look, GoJohn provided a foundation for a unified church, which Thomas, with its emphasis on each person's search for God, did not. Even its first generation of readers disagreed about whether John was a true or false gospel. Then there was the question of whether to even include John in the New Testament ..
.. have you even read GoThomas or any of the historical background of the time ??..
You can write a GoThomas, that doesnt mean it is valid in 1000 years.

The first generations knew GoJohn was true and his other letters! Your talking about the book of revelation was debated if it should be included in the bible. It was decided to be included to warn future generations.

Since GoThomas is invalid, impossoble to be written by Thomas, Im not interested to read it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#525330 Apr 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron.
Show me where I ... oh never mind.
You were the one claiming Caesar was real because he appeared on Roman coins.

I showed a bunch of Roman coins with lots of Roman deities on them.

Thus you must believe them to be real as well.

Unless you are just a pitiful liar.
Nick

Australia

#525331 Apr 24, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I love awe - inspiring faith -- welcome Nick to our Golden Thread room -- TLC - Judy
Thank you for welcoming me! Im looking forward in reading your comments.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525332 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Juice thought so, especially the part about your empty change purse....
WTF ?

You certainly do babble. Waiting for you to break into Gibberish next.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525333 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas book is not written by Thomas, He wasn't alive in 100AD since John was the youngest and the last one to die from the apostles around that time.
Different Scholars have opinions too. Doesn't make them God truth !
GoThomas is invalid !
Why do you think that?
What about Enoch?
What about Jubilees?
Is all of history before the admission of Constantine and the following councils in err?
Is Pi incorrect? That was established long before the OT!
If it is we had better establish a completely new system of mathematics and science.
Now can you say any writing of the time is in err or false for that matter---without calling your own accepted "book" into question?

I'm just touching on the very peak of the iceberg here.

Enlighten me as to why I should be bias in favor of the accepted canon.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525334 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Good analogy, except that the alcoholics know that they are just getting by, and don't pretend to be morally superior or have access to a greater truth than nonalcoholics.
Only when they are drunk.

Location hidden

#525335 Apr 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Was only interested in your opinion and view points of subject matter.
I am a "Pandora's Box". LOL!
I love you but we'er strangers when we meet!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#525336 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF ?
You certainly do babble. Waiting for you to break into Gibberish next.
Same ol lonely,pitiful life.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525337 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. some Persians are presumably descendants of Abraham ..
Yup. Descendants of Ishmael.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525339 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope you mean Jesus and not the Dunce.
You are soooooo desperate.

ROFLMAO
Nick

Australia

#525340 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry in my long response to your previous post which also asked what happens when we die, or what I believe happens, I forgot that part.
I believe that when we die what happens is what those still alive see. We eventually rot or are burned, and the base elements which made up our physical body go back into the general environment, and the various molecules could very likely be combined into something else, or even another human being. We know we breathe in the same oxygen, nitrogen and other molecules as has come out of other people, when they breathe, so it makes sense with a finite amount of the various existing elements in our environment that they recycle continuously. That does not mean though that any person is reincarnated.
As for the electrical and chemical processes that give us life while we are alive, those stop when we are dead, and like a car that has run out of gas, and has been taken to be re-cycled, it runs no more. We don't exist any longer other than our memories in other people's heads, and any material things we left behind, such as our art work, building we designed, items we invented, etc.
I don't believe we live after we die in some sort of spirit form in a spirit world or anywhere else. I believe the end of our life on earth is the very end of our life. If I am wrong I guess that would be a bonus for some people, but I personally do not have any desire at all to live eternally whether that be a paradise or a hell.
While an earthly life goes way too fast, as we learn as we get older, eternity is a very very long time, and I think to be conscious forever would not be a positive.
In addition, we have no evidence of the afterlife existing other than from books, and these have not been proved to be true.
I respect the choice you made, it is your choice after all.

John wrote life on earth is like a vapor drop of water. Once gone you would of never known it ever existed.

This is how God created it in this life. This is why the just shall live by faith alone.

Location hidden

#525341 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Summer Equinox June 22
Only festival not taken over by Christianity.
I can't imagine why I like you...or maybe I can. LOL!
Maybe we will do yule...if you ain't to tied up. You would enjoy it ...believe me.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#525342 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes when that same God came along in the flesh and blood body of his son, he did rescind it by stopping the a crowd from stoning a woman to death who was caught in the act of fornication, remember this scripture?.........
John 8:7
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
People simply do not understand JESUS, HIS message and what Christians should be like..... As JESUS forgave, so should we!
Nick

Australia

#525343 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The earliest documents in the NT are by a man who never met Jesus, Paul. All others are written decades after his death by anonymous authors. The earliest NT manuscripts are from over a hundred years after anyone who was alive when Jesus was alive were long dead.
Please learn the facts. The Churches' fairytales are just that, fairytales.
I do encourage you to seek truth first !

Paul did meet Jesus! He told the known world the encounter.

The false scripts where written over 100 years later.

The true scripts where written approx within 85 years !

Your claims are fairytales based on no substance other than opinions!

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#525344 Apr 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you again. Many years ago my Grandaddy said that as we age chalk up anything that speaks of our age a badge of honor.
Good PLAN!

Location hidden

#525345 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Descendants of Ishmael.
Please elaborate on that ... at least generally.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#525346 Apr 24, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD to see you back in (((DEB)))-- TLC - Judy
(c: You also ((((Judy))))))
Nick

Australia

#525348 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very true Nick, many of us feel that God's supernatural intervention guided what books that he wanted added into the Bible compilation for us to live by, many of these books which were not included are generally referred to as the 'Apocrypha', and tell are some who have said that many errors and contradictions were found in them when comparing them to the legitimate books of the Bible that comprises God's Word.
I totally agree !

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#525349 Apr 24, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years back I watched 24 hrs of a marathon of 24 and was hooked but good -- I followed it to the very last show -- so many times I wanted to write the writers and encourage a different outcome lol -- just like NCIS is doing now -- grrr last night was a bummer
I love Keifer and would vote for him in a heartbeat for pres LOL --
I just read your post he has a twin sister I didn't know that -- also have you seen his series Touch where he has an autistic son?-- amazing ---
TLC - Judy
OH THAT was A GREAT series!!
Nick

Australia

#525351 Apr 24, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
It felt like I was reading something I wrote once the way you mentioned the seed's progress here.
It always amazes me also how the life giving force is so strong and true, that even a fine blade of grass does not bend in the soil while reaching for the light. God of all Creation can in truth never be denied or replicated without man using any of the already created given props to even try. eg. the light or proper conditions. To begin to even count what God is mindful of ?
 “What is man, that thou art mindful of him...”? Psalm 8:4
<quoted text>
Hope will always be a word of faith my friend, and 'the gate that never closes' is found in God's kingdom. I am pleased to meet you too Nick from down under! My time is spent 50 /50 here. I mean Oz... We are all new to this toxix land too sometimes, and this was the first thread I visited.
Sharing is a good thing. God Bless.
I love sharing too Peace Warrior! It is awesome to meet you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 min DENG 38,728
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 3 min Doctor REALITY 33
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Nohweh 48,144
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Toby 105,558
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Regina 646,370
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 39 min king_detonator 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min onemale 281,228
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min VIKING 971,588
More from around the web