Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525309 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
You are starting to annoy me.
Starting?

You don't annoy me at all. I enjoy your caprice.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525310 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
I am his. The end.
:-)
I hope you mean Jesus and not the Dunce.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#525311 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas book is not written by Thomas, He wasn't alive in 100AD since John was the youngest and the last one to die from the apostles around that time.
Different Scholars have opinions too. Doesn't make them God truth !
GoThomas is invalid !
This is true. Many biblical scholars don't even know the Lord.

Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 1:22

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#525312 Apr 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> hahahah! I knew it!
Was only interested in your opinion and view points of subject matter.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#525313 Apr 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="Oscar Myer the Whiner/Child of Satan"]I can't support or believe in this religion because it only hurts me and others like me. According to the Bible, those like myself are ultimately condemned. Anyone who is different is pretty much wrong. The Old Testament had never been abolished when Jesus came, either, so that adds a whole new dimension of "wrongs." I just can't believe in a God like this. Believing as such benefits who it benefits, and nothing more. And I pray to God daily, just hoping that all of this is nonsense, that this Torah, this Bible, this Quran are all nonsense. Just by being born a certain way, we are condemned. Condemned from birth. Or else, we are told we have a "birth defect," perhaps. Though I don't have a defect. I was born a happy child, a happy Autistic child. Though, you know, those like me, well, if this were any other age those like myself would not be allowed near temples, or we would even be killed in some form, such as being bashed against a rock. And this is the "morality" the majority espouses. Nothing has really ever changed, at its core. And left-handedness is even condemned by the Abrahamic religions. And non-human animals suffer. All they know is suffering in a world like this. What have they ever done to deserve it? And I pray that God has mercy on them, and gives them their freedom. I AM LEFT-HANDED. I AM AUTISTIC. I DON'T REALLY SEE MYSELF AS POSSESSING A GENDER. And, you know, I LIKE my free will, also. Others may be afraid of freedom, but I like it. And I like my subjectivity, thought it appears as though my experiences are constantly being invalidated. And all I seek is a way out. I need to find a way out of this cycle that always ends up trapping me. I need to rise above, to my freedom. But I'm "damned if I do, damned if I don't." Though through all of this, I just can't bring myself to hate. I've tried to maintain a certain callousness, if only just to protect myself, and it never works. Though I'm very confused. This religion doesn't do ANYTHING to assuage my worries, rather, it only adds to them.[/QUOTE]Stop your whining,child of Beelzebub.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#525314 Apr 24, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. Many biblical scholars don't even know the Lord.
Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:22
GOoD evening Chris -- TLC - Judy

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#525315 Apr 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>True ~ and most of us acknowledge that JESUS left such an impact that we named 'time' after HIM, as in B.C. and A.D.
Of course, they are changing that now, to BCE and CE, but we will always have in our History Books that today, is the year 2013 A.D. regardless of what they want to erase :)
Nope.

In Muslim countries it is currently 1434.

In Israel it is now 5773.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#525316 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to here it (c:
Great here 'cept for having legs that feel REALLY OLD !
GOoD to see you back in (((DEB)))-- TLC - Judy

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#525317 Apr 24, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD evening Chris -- TLC - Judy
Hello Granny. Its so good to see old friends. Love you and thankful.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525318 Apr 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, Juice!
Who would you have preferred? Supergirl? Xena? Wonder Woman? I'll bet that you identify with them.
Have you kicked the Dunce to the curb yet? I hate to see a woman like you wasting time on a schmuck like that.
Still trying to get her to have cybersex with you ?
Nick

Australia

#525319 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is "God's Word" because the Bible tells us that it is God's Word and since God wrote it or inspired it, He should know. How do we know this? Because God told us? How do we know God exists? Because God said in His Word that He does. A continuous circle which goes nowhere.
You and billions of others are making the assumption that God exists, and therefore all the rest follows. However billions of people in the world do not believe that God of Abraham exists, so they don't agree with the above interpretation, plus many people who formerly believed that God exists, or at least were raised to believe that, have changed their minds, and now do not believe that, some based on things we have discovered which contradicts "God's Word".
We think Jesus did exist, as a 100% human, but as to his existing as God or as the Son of God, we have zero proof of that. We are trusting a book which has been proved to be full of untruths, though no one yet has completely proved that 100% of it is untruths.
The very fact that we have thousands of denominations of Christians, and similar amounts of Muslims, and fewer of Jews that all believe that a God exists, but they have many factions in each of these beliefs which don't agree on the details, along with the fact that it is still 'people believe' rather than people actually know that God exists, which proves that no one knows that God exists.
As far as other kings etc through history, yes likely most of these people did exist and we have some of the families which they came from still exist today to attest to the fact that there is now such a family so likely there was before. We have no known family members of Jesus, that has ever claimed to be from his lineage.
The history of the various kings etc., as to exact specific details would have to not all be 100% because many factors come into play, such as history is usually written by the victors of any particular war, so we will get an opinion, or even a manufactured lie, to make people think that events happened a certain way, for political reasons, or personal reasons of the people who published, wrote or ordered written those books.
Also it would be impossible to have reporters at every event that occurred in our history books so that we would have an unbiased account. Even if we tell a story which happened to us personally, we will change details every time we tell it, not purposely but because that is how a human mind works. Also each person at an event will have a different view and report of what they saw.
Take the Boston Bombing. If you saw only the first reports coming out, and then never saw the most recent events, you would have an entirely different story to tell, than you would if you have read the most recent reports..
I can understand what you are writting.
The bible has many writters in old testament written in different times also the new testament. All these letters have been put together to form a book.
Your arguement to prove God is already in display when we look at all creation.
If that isnt enough then we have history and science that prove God's existance. Then you have the other side that try to prove God doesnt exist but their theories don't completely add up since there theories are based on assumptions!!
Paul made it clear that we should live by FAITH until Jesus returns! The bible makes it clear we are to work it out ourselves by seeking.
If you really are seeking truth start to know Jesus better since He is alive, and read the bible and try and find a church that suits you.
You didnt answer my question, where do you believe humans came from and what happens to our soul when we die ???

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525320 Apr 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Though one thing; you forgot to mention "anyone that masturbates."
Nope. Nothing in the entire about masturbating.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#525321 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas book is not written by Thomas, He wasn't alive in 100AD since John was the youngest and the last one to die from the apostles around that time.
Different Scholars have opinions too. Doesn't make them God truth !
GoThomas is invalid !
.. OK, John died before Thomas. How does the affect the Gospels ??..

.. look, GoJohn provided a foundation for a unified church, which Thomas, with its emphasis on each person's search for God, did not. Even its first generation of readers disagreed about whether John was a true or false gospel. Then there was the question of whether to even include John in the New Testament ..

.. have you even read GoThomas or any of the historical background of the time ??..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525322 Apr 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And what of a rape victim being forced into marriage with her rapist?
Or eating shellfish?
Or eating pork?
Or wearing mixed fabrics?
All those are supposedly equally sinful.
Shotgun weddings
Salmonella
Trichinosis
Local economy

Not as stupid as religious interpretations make them.
Nick

Australia

#525323 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we have long been able to describe exactly where an apple seed comes from though we do not know yet where the very first apple seed or apple tree came from, or exactly what makes things act as they do. The lack of that knowledge though has led to myths of invisible gods, but it definitely has not proved the existence of any particular god, nor that an invisible entity had to be involved.
Yes apple seeds do come from apple as God designed it workout when He created them !

Who programmed the seed to sprout to life when outside conditions are perfect?? That is sun, soil, water, etc.

Who programmed the roots to go down and stem to go up??

Who programmed the tree to grow then grow fruit or flower and when the it dies to reproduce many more seeds to start the cycle??

Who grammed each tree to produce only it own kind??

Who created a seed to be a factory of life ??

If you cant see God in all that, well I suppose God gave everyone free choices.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525324 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what's the punishment for nocturnal emissions ??..
No morning wood.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#525325 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just virtual.....
Deb and I are watching "24" on Netflix....Sorry
:-)
A few years back I watched 24 hrs of a marathon of 24 and was hooked but good -- I followed it to the very last show -- so many times I wanted to write the writers and encourage a different outcome lol -- just like NCIS is doing now -- grrr last night was a bummer

I love Keifer and would vote for him in a heartbeat for pres LOL --

I just read your post he has a twin sister I didn't know that -- also have you seen his series Touch where he has an autistic son?-- amazing ---

TLC - Judy

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525326 Apr 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> June is the midpoint of season and change Lupy. It is the beginning of the change from fresh new growth to the harvest time, and eventually death of the old one(cycle of life).
Summer Equinox June 22

Only festival not taken over by Christianity.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525327 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good with that, cheers :)
I am preaching to the choir here aren't I...

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#525328 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes apple seeds do come from apple as God designed it workout when He created them !
Who programmed the seed to sprout to life when outside conditions are perfect?? That is sun, soil, water, etc.
Who programmed the roots to go down and stem to go up??
Who programmed the tree to grow then grow fruit or flower and when the it dies to reproduce many more seeds to start the cycle??
Who grammed each tree to produce only it own kind??
Who created a seed to be a factory of life ??
If you cant see God in all that, well I suppose God gave everyone free choices.
I love awe - inspiring faith -- welcome Nick to our Golden Thread room -- TLC - Judy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min VIKING 48,023
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min The Hangman 971,578
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 646,366
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 44,715
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min bad bob 182,620
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min WelbyMD 281,224
How do I own a forum? 53 min king_detonator 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 105,586
More from around the web