|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes you are.
Feel free to continue to babble. It's funny.
Whoa......

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of Henry the Magnificent, "Never any god!"
why not your words? you worship Henry the Magnificent? you see yourself as beneath him?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Done!
<hands some silk scarves to HL>
No need L. A kiss will do it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they are. That's what the church does, especially to children.
Or maybe "no one" means nobody on this thread. That's still not correct, although it wouldn't matter if they weren't. There are no children among the unbelievers, and none of us is in the least bit susceptible to your threats, sophistry and other apologia.
<quoted text>
Derp!
If we leave, the posting would be expected to continue, but the nature of it would change, and its quality would plummet. It would be all "Jesus loves you brother. Here's a little scripture to prove it. What wisdom! I'll be praying for you and the pygmies in New Guinea. Blessings. Barrack Ha-M'Sammich."
[ejects lunch]
I have found that sort of mutual masturbation can be fun at a retreat, and I have been at church retreats where everyone was patting each other on the back and hugging, etc., but on a discussion site some of that wears a little thin and one wonders just how genuine it is. Not to say that I don't encourage mutual good feelings, but it hardly cuts it if one is discussing a topic, other than people should remain as friends even though they don't agree on the subject of discussion.

I would think this is more like a support group for people who have a certain thing in their lives they need support in, such as AA, or I have been in support groups for people who have been in rehab for mental illnesses.

It is nice to be able to all talk the same language and to be taking care of each other's hurts, or trying to, rather than attacking them. However it still doesn't lead to very stimulating discussion. In fact a friend of mine, who I met at one of those groups and still see periodically, stated he always left the group feeling more depressed than when he arrived because hearing of other people's troubles, piled on top of his own, was depressing for him.

In watching the interchange here that occasionally occurs between believers who agree on most things, it seems they are just trying to see who can post the most Bible verses, or the best prayer, which I think, if they are as into their religion as they claim to be, they are not necessarily really needing. I could be wrong, as I suspect all of those who are standing firm in their beliefs are not quite as sure of themselves as they would have us think. If they were, one might wonder why they need to come to a web discussion site for human interaction rather than spending their same time mingling with other believers where they live.

I know the reason for a lot, though, is similar to mine - addiction to the internet, which according to recent reports is the most important thing in a lot of people's lives today. It was even reported that, if given a choice between sex and the internet, people would give up sex before the internet.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Living the dream!
Did the Mrs. leave you a ferret?
I got the cat here. I get the ferrets every other weekend.

Yes. My life gets better al the time.
I love my work as much as my leisure time.

"I change the world. I teach." - bumper sticker I saw

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of have found that applies to most posters on most threads on Topix, Serah, that their interests lie somewhere else other than the topic they are posting on. I have things I like to say on this particular thread and many of those I know on other threads are here too, so maybe we have some magnetic attraction to each other.
Could well be Boooots, that you are magnetically attracted to each other and for some strange reason, magnetically attracted to forums on Christianity :)

I saw your comment on the old apple seed ~ what came first do you think; the tree or the apple? It has been proven that the chicken came before the egg!!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything!
iyai!:)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Just fine. Lil waterlogged but alive and cranky as ever. Gooda "see" ya.
Hang in. Wife's brother lost his place in Marseilles.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I could have added that since neither believers or non believers know if Jesus even/ever existed we are all pretty well in the same boat. We non-believers can hypothesize about why Jesus would love us, if He existed, as well as the believers, since that is what they are doing. Most of us are very familiar with the ideas expressed by Jesus of the Bible whether we believe in Him or not.
True ~ and most of us acknowledge that JESUS left such an impact that we named 'time' after HIM, as in B.C. and A.D.

Of course, they are changing that now, to BCE and CE, but we will always have in our History Books that today, is the year 2013 A.D. regardless of what they want to erase :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LupyLu wrote:
Lol... you could've used someone better than Green Lantern ;p
Hey there, Juice!

Who would you have preferred? Supergirl? Xena? Wonder Woman? I'll bet that you identify with them.

Have you kicked the Dunce to the curb yet? I hate to see a woman like you wasting time on a schmuck like that.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Living the dream!
Did the Mrs. leave you a ferret?
You are starting to annoy me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of think that if a God exists, and if it created us with the fantastic minds that some of us have, that we can pretty well do all that stuff without the assistance of either Him or Satan. I think some believers want to give up too much of their own intelligence and blame it on outside entities.
I have found the opposite ~ in my experience, or in most cases, most believers have a natural ability to use their own intelligence to seek that which may help others through ordeals or trials and tribulations. Why do you think people are shoving botox into themselves ~ we are like caterpillars, nourishing ourselves to evolve into beings of another realm, although we won't be butterflies as such!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree on the last part definitely, but we all are in the dark on the first part, though what little evidence exists kind of leans a bit the way of the non-believers.
What evidence Booots?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. QUICK !! get the scarves G_O_D ..
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Done!
<hands some silk scarves to HL>
< Luci begins to mumble incoherently >

HL: Quick, G_O_D, turn her over on her tummy.

< G_O_D gently rolls Luci over >

HL: OK. Here, help my with the red silk scarf.

G: How?

HL: Dense! Do you need a script?

< Luci's big, beautiful eyes flutter .. >

Luci: Good ploy HL, we've got him now.

< Luci smiles, grabs a blue silk scarf from HL >

Luci: You've been a very naughty boy G_O_D.

< eyes lowered, G_O_D's chin comes to rest on chest >

G_O_D: Yes, I know.

** Censured **

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it wasn't by saying that anything before Jesus was moot.
Again, I ask, did Jesus ever say homosexuality was a sin?
Did your god even ever say that?
You know the answer; no.
You are lying again, I never said tha everything "before Jesus is moot", and I have posted you scripture showing you the Words condemnation of homosexuality, and you have not answered my question when I asked you, are we to still kill Bulls, rams, goats etc. today to offer up as atonements for our sins?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I have every right to be adamant in expressing that I know God through the Lord Jesus Christ, as every true believer does, no one is without sin, the Bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God
Then you would agree that we have the right to adamantly express the opposite.

Or do you grant yourself special dispensation?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean....You really get into the series and when it ends you have nothing else to watch....I did that with Mad Men....And Bones.
Did you know Kiefer has a twin sister and is a canadian citizen.....
Just as the 'who killed J.R.' mystery ended on TNT's DALLAS.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. have fun playing the 'I Have The One & Only Truth' game ..
Thank you.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hey there, Juice!
Who would you have preferred? Supergirl? Xena? Wonder Woman? I'll bet that you identify with them.
Have you kicked the Dunce to the curb yet? I hate to see a woman like you wasting time on a schmuck like that.
Never say that again. The one I identify with is not on your list but I do like the ones on your list and will smite you if you continue with this. I am his. The end.

:-)

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. QUICK !! get the scarves G_O_D ..
<quoted text>
< Luci begins to mumble incoherently >
HL: Quick, G_O_D, turn her over on her tummy.
< G_O_D gently rolls Luci over >
HL: OK. Here, help my with the red silk scarf.
G: How?
HL: Dense! Do you need a script?
< Luci's big, beautiful eyes flutter .. >
Luci: Good ploy HL, we've got him now.
< Luci smiles, grabs a blue silk scarf from HL >
Luci: You've been a very naughty boy G_O_D.
< eyes lowered, G_O_D's chin comes to rest on chest >
G_O_D: Yes, I know.
** Censured **
I'm sorry beautiful *<3*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••