Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#525163 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. does this mean our scarf date is off ??..
.. is TRUTHS still available ??..
It was just virtual.....

Deb and I are watching "24" on Netflix....Sorry

:-)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#525164 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you mean those huge strange rocks that are in the bush that don't appear to have any reason for being there, I did see them, and spent quite a bit of time walking around and enjoying that experience. I think I actually booked a cabin for my current wife and I to go to one year but then canceled out, perhaps because we had had some car problems just before that, and I didn't want to get stuck over an hour out of the country with a broken down car.
Have been to Salamanca a time or two and visited an acquaintance of my previous partner's friend there. I probably shouldn't mention this online but his case is online, but this person was involved some years ago in a story which eventually led to laws being changed in NY state. His wife was murdered by a minor, and her family and he and his family fought to get such situations tried in adult court rather than not, as the killer got only about 5 years for her death. I am not 100% sold on the idea of treating minors as adults, even in murder cases, but likely 5 years was not enough for what he did. Subsequent similar offenders though will get life in prison likely (hopefully not the death penalty - don't know NYs laws on that).
I read a while back that the last child executed in the USA was a 14 year old boy who probably didn't kill the people he was accused of, and they had to sit him on a Bible and some other books in order so they could attach properly the wires to electrocute him, as he was too small for the chair. It has to speak of the very lowest of humans that would purposely electrocute a 14 year old boy.
A lot of Canadians from this area go to Ellicottville and some of the other places in the area to ski in the winter, as they are the best and closest places to us. That is about 9 or 10 miles north of Salamanca, if I remember correctly. I made 10 trips there in 2006, the most of any winter, and used up all of my 10 trips pass. My first few years I vowed I would never go near the Black diamond slopes but that year I skied them more often than the easier ones, and I am terrified of heights.
My only regret is that I waited until age 56 to start skiing, and would not have then had my partner not been doing it and encouraged me to try.
I like knowing that you have been to that area (c: Where I live looks much the same- but with different shades of greenery. Allegany region looks magical to me.

That murder information is interesting ! Maybe I have to look it up too. But that seems a bit gory to investigate. We had a child murder by a child a few towns over when my eldest was younger. Not knowing who did it for a week CHANGED the lives of every parent and kid in the county- No more lone walks ANYWHERE.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#525165 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear make up silly... I am a natural beauty and I glow.
Good suggestion though, cheers :-)
Luv Lu*
Agreed on all counts.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#525166 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that~ Now I will have to google her- HOPE she don't mind!
I watched some of Bones- none of Mad Men- but Don may have. I have watched all of Lost- all of Doctor Who- and MY favorite- though it is subtitled - is
The Great Princess Seon Deok. It is in Korean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Seondeok_ (TV_series)
My 20 year old Grandaughter absolutely LOVES Dr Who.....She is a "WHO"ver or whatever they call the followers.....

I've never heard of the Princess.....I'll have to check it out

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525167 Apr 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell...
<smile>
Would like to know why the Book of Enoch is heretical from a Christian's view point.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller ?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#525168 Apr 24, 2013
*faints*

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#525169 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Would like to know why the Book of Enoch is heretical from a Christian's view point.
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller ?
I want to know! I want to know everything!

<3

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#525170 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians here don;t know much about the Paulinism theey espouse. LOL
I can;t fault them, they are taught not to think or learn anythign outside their doctrines. It is a 2000 year old plan to keep everyone ignorant of the truth.
As for Enoch; The Book of Enoch was forbidden by the Council of Laodicea in the 4th cent. AD. Mostly a result of Augustine calling it heretical and paganistic.
Actually, he had a good point. He just didn't carry it far enough to ban the entire NT. LOL
The Enoch author touched on information and beliefs that preceded even the OT, which was contrary to the "new" teachings of the "universal church". That of the elite Roman papacy. The very same organization that scoured the empire and Egypt destroying any and all writings and knowledge that might interfere with their complete domination of the minds and persons subjugate to their rule. In that, they "created" their own "truth" and rewrote "history". Probably the greatest abomination of civilization and mankind ever perpetrated in this age...and should be recognized as such.

{{{Spit's out the bad taste}}}

BT42

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525171 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
As for God- all it takes to meet Him is your own self asking "God? Are You for real?"
Asked and answered.

“When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.”- Peter O'Toole

Fennario

#525172 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The Roman coins have deities on them. So those must be real as well, right ?
No, Dunce.

Don't try to think. You'll hurt yourself.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525173 Apr 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> The Enoch author touched on information and beliefs that preceded even the OT, which was contrary to the "new" teachings of the "universal church". That of the elite Roman papacy. The very same organization that scoured the empire and Egypt destroying any and all writings and knowledge that might interfere with their complete domination of the minds and persons subjugate to their rule. In that, they "created" their own "truth" and rewrote "history". Probably the greatest abomination of civilization and mankind ever perpetrated in this age...and should be recognized as such.
{{{Spit's out the bad taste}}}
BT42
Interesting. Can't argue that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#525174 Apr 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Dunce.
Don't try to think. You'll hurt yourself.
In other words, you got nothing.

ROFLMAO

Feel free to continue to believe the Roman Pantheon is real because they appear on coins.

Fennario

#525175 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Curiously the LHC may provide some genuine empirical evidence wich may invalidate all theoretic constructs, with or without a Higgs- Boson.
Irrelvant. Review your claim.

Now make me a balloon bunny and then go shower. You're pissburnt.
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/fishki_net/3569965/...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525176 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Good luck with your purpose on the billboard, wish you nothing but success. Keep your Christian friends close. To [you] there is nothing definitely known about God or the truth of the bible. I know many that would disagree with you including myself. It always comes back to [you] <quoted text>Whether you believe in a God, or not, is irrelevant and pointless to anyone, except you.
Jesus on this earth is history. There are more writings about Jesus than many historical people.
Asked you many times to be specific about those parts of the bible that information have ruled out or where the bible have been [proven] false, and yet you can't be specific, why is that?
are you afraid that when you become specific you will be proven wrong? only reason I can think of why you keep repeating the same charge but do not get specific.
I have been involved in debating the very points you mentioned in that post amounting to several hundred thousands posts in total over the past several years, and I can say that you are not exactly correct on some of that. There is only very vague mention of Jesus outside the Bible and those who wrote of him were born some time after He died. Their writings would be hearsay at best, and because they were not of his beliefs etc., they would not be attempting to convince anyone of the supernatural abilities of a man who died before they were born.

I see no reason to argue that someone named Jesus actually did exist, and he very well likely was the reason for the beginning of what currently still exists, Christianity. However, extrapolating from that to His being supernatural or doing any of the other supernatural things mentioned in the stories is a huge jump, and requires humans to suspend everything we know about reality.

Having said that, I have no proof that God and a supernatural Jesus does not exist.

We know too that a man name Joseph Smith did live and lived in the USA and was instrumental in starting the Mormon branch of Christianity, and we know definitely that he was a known scam artist prior to his work, and that he was very human and died a very human death from the bullets of some of his ex-followers who opposed him.

Yet Mormonism has been very successful, unfortunately, since he started it. If a very common man could lead others to follow him in such a foolish religion as Mormonism, then it is very conceivable that 1800 or so years before, when men knew a lot less about things, a man could have done the same thing.

Look at Jonestown and Waco to see how foolish human beings can be, and how easily they can be swayed by a person who has a certain charisma.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#525177 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just virtual.....
Deb and I are watching "24" on Netflix....Sorry
:-)
.. if you don't have any scarfs, neckties are also acceptable ..

.. why watch "24" when you can live it ??..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#525178 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I could have added that since neither believers or non believers know if Jesus even/ever existed we are all pretty well in the same boat. We non-believers can hypothesize about why Jesus would love us, if He existed, as well as the believers, since that is what they are doing. Most of us are very familiar with the ideas expressed by Jesus of the Bible whether we believe in Him or not.
It is not a question of the existence of Jesus. There are contemporary records of his birth and parents by non-Romans. It is the story of "Nazareth" that casts any doubt on it...you see, Nazareth did not exist in 6 BC, when he was born...It did not even exist until 70-100 AD. The Nazarenes(which he was one of), however, did.
With that in mind, I have to speculate that what we have been told is not "truth", but a fabrication based on the whim of the Universalist authors or another rewriting of history by their hands.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525179 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL~ Locking the door!
I watched EVERY season of 24 with in 2 months!!!
I DREAMED in 24 ! One night I even asked Madame President if I could use the rest room! SHE said NO!!!
LOVE THAT SHOW!
I, on the other hand, who has not watched regularly any shows on tv in many years, has not even seen one of those shows, though I have seen emails from some of my sisters talking about the show.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#525180 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
*faints*
.. QUICK !! get the scarves G_O_D ..

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#525181 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
We need each other sister being different members of the One body of God!
:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#525182 Apr 24, 2013
Still no specifics eh?
[QUOTE who="boooots"]<qu oted text>
I have been involved in debating the very points you mentioned in that post amounting to several hundred thousands posts in total over the past several years, and I can say that you are not exactly correct on some of that. There is only very vague mention of Jesus outside the Bible and those who wrote of him were born some time after He died. Their writings would be hearsay at best, and because they were not of his beliefs etc., they would not be attempting to convince anyone of the supernatural abilities of a man who died before they were born.
I see no reason to argue that someone named Jesus actually did exist, and he very well likely was the reason for the beginning of what currently still exists, Christianity. However, extrapolating from that to His being supernatural or doing any of the other supernatural things mentioned in the stories is a huge jump, and requires humans to suspend everything we know about reality.
Having said that, I have no proof that God and a supernatural Jesus does not exist.
We know too that a man name Joseph Smith did live and lived in the USA and was instrumental in starting the Mormon branch of Christianity, and we know definitely that he was a known scam artist prior to his work, and that he was very human and died a very human death from the bullets of some of his ex-followers who opposed him.
Yet Mormonism has been very successful, unfortunately, since he started it. If a very common man could lead others to follow him in such a foolish religion as Mormonism, then it is very conceivable that 1800 or so years before, when men knew a lot less about things, a man could have done the same thing.
Look at Jonestown and Waco to see how foolish human beings can be, and how easily they can be swayed by a person who has a certain charisma.
This writing of yours is filled with [your] doubt about who the bible says about who Jesus Christ is or what Jesus did.

Them [your] doubts. That [your] reasoning to feed [your] doubt and rejection of Jesus Christ.

Thanks for the writings, but your reasoning, and your doubt, for why [you] don't believe and why [you] reject as I see it, is [your] situation and [your] reality.

That irrelevant and pointless, to [me]. It always comes back, to [you].

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min MrAnderson9 878,979
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min BenAdam 8,056
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liam 603,227
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 19 min The swamiji 207
Are truck drivers faithful?? (Sep '08) 34 min VictorDaRoadKing 172
More and more people keeping their autos past 200k 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 272,880
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristINSANITY is... 3,846
More from around the web