Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525081 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an excellent question people can't answer and avoid to answer.
The seed is life ready to sprout in perfect conditions from soil to weather to sun to water to hydrogen to oxygen, etc.
God is amazing to be so mindful of all the different plant life He created.
Actually we have long been able to describe exactly where an apple seed comes from though we do not know yet where the very first apple seed or apple tree came from, or exactly what makes things act as they do. The lack of that knowledge though has led to myths of invisible gods, but it definitely has not proved the existence of any particular god, nor that an invisible entity had to be involved.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#525082 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, with respect, you are just talking around the subject, and sticking to your position, without responding to what I have said.
You stated that a sinner cannot find God. I maintain that all people, even you, and curretnly, will commit some sin, that 'God' has defined as a sin. Based on your statement, or if you want, the Bible, saying that no sinner will know God (my words), then by that definition, and the fact you have repeated it to me several times, you would have to include yourself in those who cannot know God, except if you are claiming that you, since knowing God, have not ever committed even the smallest of 'sins'.
To talk in a language that we can understand, you have to show God exists without telling us that we can't find God unless we first believe that God exists. What you are asking is a paradox. It also is a logical error of "begging the question", by assuming you know the answer before you prove the answer
Is that a rational thing to do? What if you were given an assignment to find an unicorn? However unicorns can only be found if a person first believes that unicorns exist. How would you deal with that project?
Boooosts, with respect, there are a few things that annoy me about your posts, first off, why do almost all of your posts have to be practically novel length with one long paragraph after another?, it would be ok if you were presenting something new and different, but it's nothing more but the same circular loop argument going over time and again, and it is becoming somewhat tiresome. Secondly.........do not tell me that I am talking around a subject when I am trying to do my best ( with God to help me ) to get you to see the point behind a question that YOU are asking me, I don't appreciate that, and third do not tell me what I do not know in Christ because you chose to not believe, that is arrogance at it's highest, to think that something or someone cannot exist because of your failing concept because we know that you are lying in ignorance, so please stop making a fool out of yourself by telling others what they do not know like you are a mind reader or psychic who can read the information that someone has stored in their minds, that is not conveying the "respect" that you start your posts out with.

Also concerning how I talk to you and others about these subjects, I can only talk to you based off of my own personal experiences in Christ Jesus and a person manner of speech is shaped by their experiences in life and by what they have dealth with in life, I don't have to "prove" God's existence to anyone because I know that his presence and power is real in my life and you or anyone else are not going to tell me differently, your feebled minded attempts to apply your "logic" on God's Word where sin is concerned manifests your lack of knowledge and wisdom in these matters, and I am through with the issue.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#525084 Apr 24, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
He truly is... Check out this book, "Made in Heaven" (Man's Indiscriminate Stealing of God's Amazing Design) By Ray Comfort & Jeffrey Seto. Below is an example...
THE SUNFLOWER;
The seeds in all sunflowers-be they large or smallóare arranged according to two patterns. When we use math to examine these patterns, we observe that, no matter how many seeds the sunflower contains, the patterns always relate to each other according to the exact same mathematical proportion. It turns out that that precise proportion enables the most amount of seeds to fit in any given sunflower. What a wise, caring Creator we serve!
http://www.christianperspective.net/wp-conten...
* There's so much more. God's fingerprint is on everything!:)
Ray Comfort is a joke.

There is no magical or hidden meaning behind the Fibonacci sequence or "golden ratio".

I sometimes wonder if Comfort actually believes the things he spouts, or, if he looks for topics that will sell books and keep him financially successful.

At any rate, here is some info concerning the Fibonacci sequence.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525085 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Writers here putting you in the category of Dr Shrink.
Does that mean that you want your nose farted up?
trifecta1 wrote:
You're shown to be a joke, dis-credited, pointless, humiliated, degraded, an insignificant slave ...you're a angry frustrated little twirp. You're dismissed. I along with other Christians have done with you what we wanted. And now you're worthless and pointless. Vamoose, you pitiful small little man.
This is unhealthy for you. If you happen to notice one of your pupils suddenly dilate, or that you are drooling, or walking as if one foot were nailed to the floor, call 911 while you still can. Don't expect your Topix friends to be able to discern any loss of brain function, even if you lose a hemisphere, since the usual clues are already manifest in this, your pre-hemorrhagic state.

It would be best to put on an adult diaper, find a padded room, and place a bite block in your mouth before you lie down.
trifecta1 wrote:
Skombolis writer came on your billboard to lure you back to your Master the Christian religion. This billboard, where your Slave Master Christianity is.
Where is that Dimwit? Still hovering? He's no doubt mourning the loss of his dignity.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#525086 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you have no credibility or power, you can't debunk anything <quoted text>
Go ahead. You're a fool convincing more fools to stay fools.
It's a free website and it's your time, so do whatever you please. you're really the only one of your ilk that writes to any degree. wilderide writer left,[hiding from you] left. lesbian lady from korea, left. they all see that they were wasting their time and accomplishing nothing here.
But you're not that smart to realize that. You think your time here is well spent. LOL. so write your writings writer. good luck with your goals.
Those writers you mention, who have left this thread, have gone to a better place.

They joined the Holy Church of Catcher.

They were lured by the fantastic happy hours offered there.

Salud!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525088 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if you'd like, I bring bring some of my long scarves over and help clean your computer ..
And double click her mouse?

Location hidden

#525089 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading your message you seem to not know where life came from and where our souls go when we die.
The bible answers these and many more questions. Also history and science just make the bible even more solid.
I encourage you to seek and research, but most of all to know more about Jesus Christ if you are willing to know truth.
Sorry in my long response to your previous post which also asked what happens when we die, or what I believe happens, I forgot that part.

I believe that when we die what happens is what those still alive see. We eventually rot or are burned, and the base elements which made up our physical body go back into the general environment, and the various molecules could very likely be combined into something else, or even another human being. We know we breathe in the same oxygen, nitrogen and other molecules as has come out of other people, when they breathe, so it makes sense with a finite amount of the various existing elements in our environment that they recycle continuously. That does not mean though that any person is reincarnated.

As for the electrical and chemical processes that give us life while we are alive, those stop when we are dead, and like a car that has run out of gas, and has been taken to be re-cycled, it runs no more. We don't exist any longer other than our memories in other people's heads, and any material things we left behind, such as our art work, building we designed, items we invented, etc.

I don't believe we live after we die in some sort of spirit form in a spirit world or anywhere else. I believe the end of our life on earth is the very end of our life. If I am wrong I guess that would be a bonus for some people, but I personally do not have any desire at all to live eternally whether that be a paradise or a hell.

While an earthly life goes way too fast, as we learn as we get older, eternity is a very very long time, and I think to be conscious forever would not be a positive.

In addition, we have no evidence of the afterlife existing other than from books, and these have not been proved to be true.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#525090 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your style of writing is "stream of consciousness," a la Virginia Wolf.
<quoted text>
.. Whiskers, why are you offended? Great writers like Ezra Pound, James Joyce & William Faulkner used a variation of 'stream of consciousness'..
.. such a style reveals your psyche, what's taking place in your mind ..
.. it seems that anything 'our group' posts is invariably taken as an insult. Why is that ??..
P.S. You'll be joining Epi & Truths, right? I've selected a very special scarf for you and I promise to let your stream of consciousness flow.
I don't think she found out what "stream of consciousness" writing is.

Thanks for clearing it up.

My comment was in no way intended as an insult.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#525092 Apr 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And double click her mouse?
A mouse?
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525094 Apr 24, 2013
Boooosts Wrote:

Lawest, there are many true believers that do not know God through the Lord Jesus Christ. There are likely millions of believers who believe wholeheartedly and without any reservations who do not "know God", in the sense you suggest, at all.

Lawest Wrote:

Again you are a wealth of foolish statements, all TRUE believers know God through the Lord Jesus Christ, anyone can say on their lips that they believe in God, but if you have not repented and have done the things that he has said, then you do not have his spirit within you and you are not his.

Boooosts Wrote:

I would guess, since I have no way of polling billions of believers in the world that the vast majority, believe in God, but cannot explain why they believe, but they do just because they believe everything else they have been taught which they, personally have not examined and verified.

I just did some googling because I am seriously trying to delve into your position, though not trying to find God. Wikipedia articles have to be taken with a grain of salt, because even I have put information on Wikipedia pages, however they are a good starting place to get information that you might not know where to search.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_again_%28C ...

Lawest:
You said that you trying to understand my position but are not seeking God, I can tell you now before you waste your time that it is not going to work, you are trying to approach a spiritual matter with a carnal minded understanding, and that never works without God Blessing your mind to do so, you are trying without faith, and so you will never come to an understanding of things spiritual where God is concerned, and so you are just wasting everyones time.

Also, people believe and especially those who have carried out God's plan of salvation by water and spirit, believe by FAITH, not so much by what they have been taught, before God drawn me into his marvelous truth, like many I was taught things that were not Biblical and believe them for years in my life before God open my eyes to the fullness of his truth and his Word.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#525096 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT is written 50AD to approx 85AD which is completely aceptable. John being the youngest lived longer than the apostles.
This book called Thomas was written approx 150AD. That makes it invalid. Are you saying people live over 170 years? Impossible of Thomas to of written it.
The earliest documents in the NT are by a man who never met Jesus, Paul. All others are written decades after his death by anonymous authors. The earliest NT manuscripts are from over a hundred years after anyone who was alive when Jesus was alive were long dead.

Please learn the facts. The Churches' fairytales are just that, fairytales.

Location hidden

#525099 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
M*O*R*N*I*N*G
ďA true friend knows your weaknesses
but shows you your strengths;
feels your fears but fortifies your faith;
sees your anxieties but frees your spirit;
recognizes your disabilities
but emphasizes your possibilities.Ē
~ William Arthur Ward
Thought for the Day
Well said, but so often we don't think to do that, but we do like it when others do it for us.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525100 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is not 100% accurate, because I have read many accounts that state that the translations of many words from the original language can be interpreted in several different ways, which would alter the meaning of the verse, because Hebrew, or Greek, whichever was the original, have words which can have several different meanings. We have numerous words in the English language that have many different meanings, which I highly suspect makes it very difficult for a person who doesn't know English to learn English.
I have even read, but can't provide now, articles written by Bible scholars explaining how certain passages can be interpreted differently depending on which meaning of the original word one uses.
I also understand that there are some words that are not translatable because they have no corresponding English word.
I'm not going to waste a lot of time on this with you, God have protected his Word to get it over to his believers,, this again takes faith, so do with it whatever you will.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#525101 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your style of writing is "stream of consciousness," a la Virginia Wolf.
<quoted text>
.. Whiskers, why are you offended? Great writers like Ezra Pound, James Joyce & William Faulkner used a variation of 'stream of consciousness'..
.. such a style reveals your psyche, what's taking place in your mind ..
.. it seems that anything 'our group' posts is invariably taken as an insult. Why is that ??..
P.S. You'll be joining Epi & Truths, right? I've selected a very special scarf for you and I promise to let your stream of consciousness flow.
In fairness to LW, I think she is confusing the Movie "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf." with the author Virginia Wolf.

Probably based on my punny response to the original post: "I'm not afraid."

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#525102 Apr 24, 2013
Pipek wrote:
<quoted text>
scholars like you
because Gospel of thomas is written without of style of ancient greek koine and about 200 years after death of Christ.
SO?
You criteria is not valid and not respectful around this globe?
even moon bacterias pee on your claims?
.. Shrink, I don't know where you're obtaining your information but it's certainly not from any scholar and it's also incorrect ..

.. the primary reason GoThomas was not included in the bible was because it encouraged the reader to seek God through one's own devices. The emphasis was on the individual search, not dogma ..

Location hidden

#525103 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries Nick! I grew up in Sydney, Bondi & Nth Rocks mostly, I'm in Brissy now, I agree with Serah, great to have another Aussie about :-)
Some of the part of my family that moved to Australia rather than Canada are in the Brisbane area now. The closest I have been to there is Bali in 2002. No I was not one of the bombers of Oct 2002 but I did see the damage they did, 5 weeks later.

Location hidden

#525105 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do it.....She has asked every female poster on here...
I know I'll hide behind the door and when she shows up with her "Scarves" we can overpower her (because here on Topix we have super powers)...and tie her up with them and tie one around her mouth....Then we will call C1 or Alice to let them know we have her in custody...(Man...I have watched too much "24" on Netflix lately)
LOL.....
Just kidding HL.....
((*l-))
Perhaps you don't know HL well enough yet to really fear that.:) I am told she is definitely a catch, though not for me, or put it another way, I am not for her, as she doesn't particularly care for intimacy with males. I respect that though. Kind of sad from my point of few, but likely will keep my wife happy.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#525106 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great.....I am on season 4 episode 12...and Madame President isn't in it yet....:-)
Talk about SuperHeroes...Jsck Bauer is one.....
I LOVE it too....."The Following happened between 11 AM and 12 PM"
:-)
Love 'JaCK'- I have watched a lot of things he is in- due to withdrawal symptoms.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#525107 Apr 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she found out what "stream of consciousness" writing is.
Thanks for clearing it up.
My comment was in no way intended as an insult.
I thought it was a very nice compliment.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525108 Apr 24, 2013
Boooosts Wrote:

I need to ask a personal question not related to your opinions, or mine, but the thought keeps going through my mind when I read your posts or respond to you.

I have in the back of my mind that a week or so ago you told me that you have some personal health problems, and I also get the feeling that you stated that you are a female. Forgive me if I am totally screwed up on that, but I am seeing you as that when I respond to you, and I think it must be a common trait to visualize who we are posting to. I would too, because I am male, and I have different ways of relating to males and females, be a bit different in my approach depending on which you are.

Lawest:

Yes you have gotten that completely twisted up, I am A MALE not a female, and I am a diabetic, does that clear that matter up for you?

Boooosts:

Perhaps, though I consciously was not seeing it this way, that it might have something to do with males being predominately left brained thinkers and females being right-brain thinkers. In that case approaching a person using mainly left brain things such as problem solving, as oppose to being more intuitive (right brained) could affect what one might interpret from a reply the person gives.

I can see a situation, where I am frustrating myself because I am appealing to the side of the brain which is not the dominant side in any particular individual.

That is not intended to be a slight on anyone's intelligence, but something I learned long ago regarding how the different sexes tend to see things a bit different way

Lawest:

No sir, your problem is that the adversary whom you do not believe exists is the one whom have effected your mind, both left and right or anything else in between, and for the record, when God has Blessed a person mind with spiritual insight of his truth, they are going to see his Word in the same way because they have been empowered by the same one true spirit of God.

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Just Think 567,533
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 794,080
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min Rider on the Storm 442,009
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 6 min Ed Teach 117
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 min Aura Mytha 5,758
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min WasteWater 120,641
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min lovewithin 39,649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Rick in Kansas 267,334
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr HipGnosis 505
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 97,439
More from around the web