Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#525068 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> So YOUR failure is HIS fault, eh?
So I see you stopped responding.
Right after I proved to you that you are lying.
You said homosexuality was a sin, but then claimed that anything before Jesus's coming was moot.
So you just admitted homosexuality is not a sin.
Nick

Australia

#525069 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospel of Thomas is considered by many scholars to be the oldest surviving Gospel.
By you criteria, the entire NT is unaceptable.
The NT is written 50AD to approx 85AD which is completely aceptable. John being the youngest lived longer than the apostles.

This book called Thomas was written approx 150AD. That makes it invalid. Are you saying people live over 170 years? Impossible of Thomas to of written it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#525070 Apr 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You said homosexuality was a sin, but then claimed that anything before Jesus's coming was moot.
No such thing as sin. Fascists. It's gotta go, all of it!

*runs out really fast, like the speed of light*

Luv Lu

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#525071 Apr 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered that Christians are slowing down or stopping all together their responses to you and your other secular humanist friends, because you all have gotten boring and irrlevant, it's repetitive, pointless, and a waste of time?

Why don't you write to your other atheist friends, at least you're certain then you won't be ignored.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#525072 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT is written 50AD to approx 85AD which is completely aceptable. John being the youngest lived longer than the apostles.
This book called Thomas was written approx 150AD. That makes it invalid. Are you saying people live over 170 years? Impossible of Thomas to of written it.
Mate! Good luck!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#525073 Apr 24, 2013
Good afternoon everyone.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525074 Apr 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proven nothing, and I never said that homosexuality was NOT a sin, you are so twisted up that I don't think you know yourself what you are talking about.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525075 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks LAWEST,
I have been reading your comments and I am encouraged by the truth in Jesus Christ you stand and share.
His peace always in you!
Thanks Nick, but believe me, I have my struggles like everyone else, and I give God the glory for everything.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525076 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Lord, today I pray especially for Christian men. I pray that husbands will love their wives as they love themselves and as Christ loved the church. I pray that fathers will nurture their children and be patient when patience is called for. I pray that men will answer Your call to serve in the church, home, and community. I pray that You will help men to find the careers You want for them and to exercise the gifts and abilities You have given them. I pray You will help them to manage their money well for You; to give to your work and take care of their responsibilities. I pray for men in leadership positions at home, the church, and the workplace, that You will give them a servant's heart and eyes to see and think like Jesus. I pray that You will encourage men to stand strong for what is right and that You will bless them when they do. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with GOd
Amen.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#525077 Apr 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your style of writing is "stream of consciousness," a la Virginia Wolf.
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo,Boo,Booooooooooooooooooooo ooo now run home to mamma.lol lol
I found out what this meant.
.. Whiskers, why are you offended? Great writers like Ezra Pound, James Joyce & William Faulkner used a variation of 'stream of consciousness'..

.. such a style reveals your psyche, what's taking place in your mind ..

.. it seems that anything 'our group' posts is invariably taken as an insult. Why is that ??..

P.S. You'll be joining Epi & Truths, right? I've selected a very special scarf for you and I promise to let your stream of consciousness flow.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525078 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is God's word and can also be a historic book and past through the generations guarded by the churches. All christian denominations have the bible.
The point I was making is Jesus did exist. Humans know different kings and Queens, pharaohs, ceasars in the past through history books that did exist and what they did.
What do believe happens to us when we die ?
The Bible is "God's Word" because the Bible tells us that it is God's Word and since God wrote it or inspired it, He should know. How do we know this? Because God told us? How do we know God exists? Because God said in His Word that He does. A continuous circle which goes nowhere.

You and billions of others are making the assumption that God exists, and therefore all the rest follows. However billions of people in the world do not believe that God of Abraham exists, so they don't agree with the above interpretation, plus many people who formerly believed that God exists, or at least were raised to believe that, have changed their minds, and now do not believe that, some based on things we have discovered which contradicts "God's Word".

We think Jesus did exist, as a 100% human, but as to his existing as God or as the Son of God, we have zero proof of that. We are trusting a book which has been proved to be full of untruths, though no one yet has completely proved that 100% of it is untruths.

The very fact that we have thousands of denominations of Christians, and similar amounts of Muslims, and fewer of Jews that all believe that a God exists, but they have many factions in each of these beliefs which don't agree on the details, along with the fact that it is still 'people believe' rather than people actually know that God exists, which proves that no one knows that God exists.

As far as other kings etc through history, yes likely most of these people did exist and we have some of the families which they came from still exist today to attest to the fact that there is now such a family so likely there was before. We have no known family members of Jesus, that has ever claimed to be from his lineage.

The history of the various kings etc., as to exact specific details would have to not all be 100% because many factors come into play, such as history is usually written by the victors of any particular war, so we will get an opinion, or even a manufactured lie, to make people think that events happened a certain way, for political reasons, or personal reasons of the people who published, wrote or ordered written those books.

Also it would be impossible to have reporters at every event that occurred in our history books so that we would have an unbiased account. Even if we tell a story which happened to us personally, we will change details every time we tell it, not purposely but because that is how a human mind works. Also each person at an event will have a different view and report of what they saw.

Take the Boston Bombing. If you saw only the first reports coming out, and then never saw the most recent events, you would have an entirely different story to tell, than you would if you have read the most recent reports.

We also don't know how much of the published reports have been controlled by the authorities for various reasons, some of them good reasons likely. We also know that media has to report things in a manner which gets and holds their readers, viewers, listeners, or else they will be out of business. There are a lot of factors that come into play when a story is told, and likely we never know the absolute total story about anything we hear.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#525080 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The book of Thomas is agnostic since it was written 150 years after Jesus death and resurrection. So Thomas could not of written it. This is why we dont accept it.
.. most scholars consider GoThomas written between 50-100 AD, not 150 AD ..

.. modern Christians refuse to accept Thomas and consider it heresy because it is not part of normative Christianity ..

.. the discoveries at Nag Hammadi yielded ancient texts apparently written by the kinds of Christians that polemicists were denouncing. They took their rivals very seriously, denounced them emphatically and tried to destroy all evidence of their existence and philosophy. In other words, it was politics as usual ..

.. GoThomas is agnostic? How, pray tell ??..

Location hidden

#525081 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an excellent question people can't answer and avoid to answer.
The seed is life ready to sprout in perfect conditions from soil to weather to sun to water to hydrogen to oxygen, etc.
God is amazing to be so mindful of all the different plant life He created.
Actually we have long been able to describe exactly where an apple seed comes from though we do not know yet where the very first apple seed or apple tree came from, or exactly what makes things act as they do. The lack of that knowledge though has led to myths of invisible gods, but it definitely has not proved the existence of any particular god, nor that an invisible entity had to be involved.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#525082 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, with respect, you are just talking around the subject, and sticking to your position, without responding to what I have said.
You stated that a sinner cannot find God. I maintain that all people, even you, and curretnly, will commit some sin, that 'God' has defined as a sin. Based on your statement, or if you want, the Bible, saying that no sinner will know God (my words), then by that definition, and the fact you have repeated it to me several times, you would have to include yourself in those who cannot know God, except if you are claiming that you, since knowing God, have not ever committed even the smallest of 'sins'.
To talk in a language that we can understand, you have to show God exists without telling us that we can't find God unless we first believe that God exists. What you are asking is a paradox. It also is a logical error of "begging the question", by assuming you know the answer before you prove the answer
Is that a rational thing to do? What if you were given an assignment to find an unicorn? However unicorns can only be found if a person first believes that unicorns exist. How would you deal with that project?
Boooosts, with respect, there are a few things that annoy me about your posts, first off, why do almost all of your posts have to be practically novel length with one long paragraph after another?, it would be ok if you were presenting something new and different, but it's nothing more but the same circular loop argument going over time and again, and it is becoming somewhat tiresome. Secondly.........do not tell me that I am talking around a subject when I am trying to do my best ( with God to help me ) to get you to see the point behind a question that YOU are asking me, I don't appreciate that, and third do not tell me what I do not know in Christ because you chose to not believe, that is arrogance at it's highest, to think that something or someone cannot exist because of your failing concept because we know that you are lying in ignorance, so please stop making a fool out of yourself by telling others what they do not know like you are a mind reader or psychic who can read the information that someone has stored in their minds, that is not conveying the "respect" that you start your posts out with.

Also concerning how I talk to you and others about these subjects, I can only talk to you based off of my own personal experiences in Christ Jesus and a person manner of speech is shaped by their experiences in life and by what they have dealth with in life, I don't have to "prove" God's existence to anyone because I know that his presence and power is real in my life and you or anyone else are not going to tell me differently, your feebled minded attempts to apply your "logic" on God's Word where sin is concerned manifests your lack of knowledge and wisdom in these matters, and I am through with the issue.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#525084 Apr 24, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
He truly is... Check out this book, "Made in Heaven" (Man's Indiscriminate Stealing of God's Amazing Design) By Ray Comfort & Jeffrey Seto. Below is an example...
THE SUNFLOWER;
The seeds in all sunflowers-be they large or small—are arranged according to two patterns. When we use math to examine these patterns, we observe that, no matter how many seeds the sunflower contains, the patterns always relate to each other according to the exact same mathematical proportion. It turns out that that precise proportion enables the most amount of seeds to fit in any given sunflower. What a wise, caring Creator we serve!
http://www.christianperspective.net/wp-conten...
* There's so much more. God's fingerprint is on everything!:)
Ray Comfort is a joke.

There is no magical or hidden meaning behind the Fibonacci sequence or "golden ratio".

I sometimes wonder if Comfort actually believes the things he spouts, or, if he looks for topics that will sell books and keep him financially successful.

At any rate, here is some info concerning the Fibonacci sequence.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525085 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Writers here putting you in the category of Dr Shrink.
Does that mean that you want your nose farted up?
trifecta1 wrote:
You're shown to be a joke, dis-credited, pointless, humiliated, degraded, an insignificant slave ...you're a angry frustrated little twirp. You're dismissed. I along with other Christians have done with you what we wanted. And now you're worthless and pointless. Vamoose, you pitiful small little man.
This is unhealthy for you. If you happen to notice one of your pupils suddenly dilate, or that you are drooling, or walking as if one foot were nailed to the floor, call 911 while you still can. Don't expect your Topix friends to be able to discern any loss of brain function, even if you lose a hemisphere, since the usual clues are already manifest in this, your pre-hemorrhagic state.

It would be best to put on an adult diaper, find a padded room, and place a bite block in your mouth before you lie down.
trifecta1 wrote:
Skombolis writer came on your billboard to lure you back to your Master the Christian religion. This billboard, where your Slave Master Christianity is.
Where is that Dimwit? Still hovering? He's no doubt mourning the loss of his dignity.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#525086 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you have no credibility or power, you can't debunk anything <quoted text>
Go ahead. You're a fool convincing more fools to stay fools.
It's a free website and it's your time, so do whatever you please. you're really the only one of your ilk that writes to any degree. wilderide writer left,[hiding from you] left. lesbian lady from korea, left. they all see that they were wasting their time and accomplishing nothing here.
But you're not that smart to realize that. You think your time here is well spent. LOL. so write your writings writer. good luck with your goals.
Those writers you mention, who have left this thread, have gone to a better place.

They joined the Holy Church of Catcher.

They were lured by the fantastic happy hours offered there.

Salud!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525088 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if you'd like, I bring bring some of my long scarves over and help clean your computer ..
And double click her mouse?

Location hidden

#525089 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading your message you seem to not know where life came from and where our souls go when we die.
The bible answers these and many more questions. Also history and science just make the bible even more solid.
I encourage you to seek and research, but most of all to know more about Jesus Christ if you are willing to know truth.
Sorry in my long response to your previous post which also asked what happens when we die, or what I believe happens, I forgot that part.

I believe that when we die what happens is what those still alive see. We eventually rot or are burned, and the base elements which made up our physical body go back into the general environment, and the various molecules could very likely be combined into something else, or even another human being. We know we breathe in the same oxygen, nitrogen and other molecules as has come out of other people, when they breathe, so it makes sense with a finite amount of the various existing elements in our environment that they recycle continuously. That does not mean though that any person is reincarnated.

As for the electrical and chemical processes that give us life while we are alive, those stop when we are dead, and like a car that has run out of gas, and has been taken to be re-cycled, it runs no more. We don't exist any longer other than our memories in other people's heads, and any material things we left behind, such as our art work, building we designed, items we invented, etc.

I don't believe we live after we die in some sort of spirit form in a spirit world or anywhere else. I believe the end of our life on earth is the very end of our life. If I am wrong I guess that would be a bonus for some people, but I personally do not have any desire at all to live eternally whether that be a paradise or a hell.

While an earthly life goes way too fast, as we learn as we get older, eternity is a very very long time, and I think to be conscious forever would not be a positive.

In addition, we have no evidence of the afterlife existing other than from books, and these have not been proved to be true.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#525090 Apr 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your style of writing is "stream of consciousness," a la Virginia Wolf.
<quoted text>
.. Whiskers, why are you offended? Great writers like Ezra Pound, James Joyce & William Faulkner used a variation of 'stream of consciousness'..
.. such a style reveals your psyche, what's taking place in your mind ..
.. it seems that anything 'our group' posts is invariably taken as an insult. Why is that ??..
P.S. You'll be joining Epi & Truths, right? I've selected a very special scarf for you and I promise to let your stream of consciousness flow.
I don't think she found out what "stream of consciousness" writing is.

Thanks for clearing it up.

My comment was in no way intended as an insult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min ATHEOI 49,601
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Liam 647,064
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Steve III 44,730
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min The Hangman 971,823
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 105,694
Breaking! Hillary Clinton Scheduled To Meet Wit... 1 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web