Nick

Australia

#524967 Apr 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you think the apple seed came from Boooots? Most Atheists, as far as I am aware, believe that everything evolved from something from the sea...... or space dust, or space ice or something. Would be very interested to hear your perspective of how an apple seed came about though; you might have some idea that I have never heard of :)
That is an excellent question people can't answer and avoid to answer.

The seed is life ready to sprout in perfect conditions from soil to weather to sun to water to hydrogen to oxygen, etc.

God is amazing to be so mindful of all the different plant life He created.
Nick

Australia

#524968 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we have any knowledge of what atheists believe, Serah, unless they are speakers or have written books on some subject or other, expressing whatever they believe. All I know about an atheist is he does not have a belief in a deity, but that tells me nothing about what he does believe in.
I suspect the number of people who believe in evolution are far more believers in God than not, since allegedly there are many more theists in the world than atheists, but again we don't know that until we hear what their beliefs are about evolution. No educated person, that I know, would deny the facts that scientists have proved.
My being a non believer in an unseen never proved deity has very little relation to anything else that I believe about things.
If you want to pick a specific topic, then perhaps I could tell you what I believe about it, but there are too many things in the world to have opinions about to just start arbitrarily naming them.
I do believe in the facts that scientists have proved about evolution, and other things that they have discovered and tested, though I probably would not be able to duplicate much of how they tested these things, because I am not educated in those things, and a lot of the current technology was invented after I was in school.
Aside from when I get into a debate about evolution when it springs up in a discussion about some other topic, it is not something though that I spend a lot of time in, because my interests in life lie in other areas.
Some people find it fascinating, and I have learned some things about it that are fascinating to me also, but I do not go out of my way to study that particular topic. Since evolution, in most cases, is a very slow process sometimes taking millions of years, it is hardly something that one can just sit down and observe happening. The people who actually do the exploring, investigating, calculating etc., must be very patient people because a lot of their work must take a long time to show results. I would likely get bored doing that sort of work.
After reading your message you seem to not know where life came from and where our souls go when we die.

The bible answers these and many more questions. Also history and science just make the bible even more solid.

I encourage you to seek and research, but most of all to know more about Jesus Christ if you are willing to know truth.
Nick

Australia

#524969 Apr 24, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>Truths<<<
We all get accused in Life by Christian or non... you are not alone in this Sister Friend. What we all need to do is examine ourselves before we accuse, and we might find we all have a purpose under the sun. Even Jesus, in truth - had to have opposition while on earth for The Truth which he always gave glory and thanks to his Father for - to be recognized.
An analogy of a Christian's road. One new and young in the faith, is bright and out to link on to anyone who could be a potential convert, their eagerness driven by their new found hope - which rescued them from their own destructive one - to become a fisher of mankind. Another, just resting after their own hard days of labor in the field allotted them... by the same Lord, is approached, and the new one starts conversation with great hope of the harvest, before learning why the other was resting. Yet another stranger arrives at the tree of rest, bur has been there done that and doesn't want anything more to do with Christianity. Must the two, the younger and elder start a war with this stranger, or let them go with their own choice?
I firmly believe... in as much as an adult has a choice to come in or go out... the gate is never closed. I also believe that despite we might be a peculiar people to believe in what others term to be a myth, whose strange ways cling on by faith alone to mythical writings through time of a God they continue to believe in, is understandably not reality where no proof is recognized by a blindness not seen, or a deafness nor heard.
It becomes an abhorrent belief in a God of vengeance when the good books are read... or when Christians go for the jugular in hope of winning over a heart. Jesus never taught this. But he did set a way to behave.
Matthew 6 and 7
Repeats can be found throughout sacred text in added thought.
If we could all just abide by these simple rules, we might just have a better understanding of 'showing the way' rather than pointing it out.
And like some who are just not interested, that is as equally their choice as ours also is the free will we all brag about.
We are no longer back... in history but making history... and proving it to be true and not a myth. Jesus never said he would not, could not, prove all that he taught... and that is the time we are up to today!
“Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Jesus says...
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5::20.
Luv U always and hold on Deb.
God Bless always.
I like your comments. The gate is never closed. There is hope to repent and know truth about Jesus the giver of life and the free gift for all who turn to Him and recieve Him so He can come into our lives.
His Peace.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#524970 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay, straight, religious, spiritual, whatever.....
These labels mean nothing, we are all made up of the exact same stuff, came from the same place and should just love each other.
How very true.
Nick

Australia

#524971 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very true Nick and I'd like to extend my welcome to you as well and should have done so earlier today when I posted to you.
Very true about the Beast that will be known as the coming anti-christ, we don't know how far those events are off right now, but I don't want to be here when all of this chaos happen.
Peace to you my friend.
Thanks LAWEST,

I have been reading your comments and I am encouraged by the truth in Jesus Christ you stand and share.
His peace always in you!
Nick

Australia

#524972 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Nick, I'm Lu, welcome :-)
Thanks Lu !

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#524973 Apr 24, 2013
M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“A true friend knows your weaknesses
but shows you your strengths;
feels your fears but fortifies your faith;
sees your anxieties but frees your spirit;
recognizes your disabilities
but emphasizes your possibilities.”

~ William Arthur Ward

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524974 Apr 24, 2013
Today's Prayer

Lord, today I pray especially for Christian men. I pray that husbands will love their wives as they love themselves and as Christ loved the church. I pray that fathers will nurture their children and be patient when patience is called for. I pray that men will answer Your call to serve in the church, home, and community. I pray that You will help men to find the careers You want for them and to exercise the gifts and abilities You have given them. I pray You will help them to manage their money well for You; to give to your work and take care of their responsibilities. I pray for men in leadership positions at home, the church, and the workplace, that You will give them a servant's heart and eyes to see and think like Jesus. I pray that You will encourage men to stand strong for what is right and that You will bless them when they do. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with GOd

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524975 Apr 24, 2013
Encouraging WOrds....

The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.

Isaiah 58:11a

K-Love

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#524976 Apr 24, 2013
Jesus = LOVE

As do ALL of us.

Psalm 82:1

<The Most High> GOD presides in the great assembly;

HE gives judgement among the "gods".

*Luv *Lu :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#524977 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Lu !
No worries Nick! I grew up in Sydney, Bondi & Nth Rocks mostly, I'm in Brissy now, I agree with Serah, great to have another Aussie about :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#524978 Apr 24, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How very true.
Hey Rosa! Haven't seen you for a bit, how's it going?

<3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524979 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL~ uhm thanks?
Don't do it.....She has asked every female poster on here...

I know I'll hide behind the door and when she shows up with her "Scarves" we can overpower her (because here on Topix we have super powers)...and tie her up with them and tie one around her mouth....Then we will call C1 or Alice to let them know we have her in custody...(Man...I have watched too much "24" on Netflix lately)

LOL.....

Just kidding HL.....

((*l-))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524980 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Jesus = LOVE
As do ALL of us.
Psalm 82:1
<The Most High> GOD presides in the great assembly;
HE gives judgement among the "gods".
*Luv *Lu :-)
Morning sweetie.....

LOVE U 2......

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524981 Apr 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Doc;
Give you some news from out here.Sanda labortories out here built a bomb like what was used in Boston and set it off in the desert for CNN news to film.However did not tell how to build one in the news piece that was filmed here.Also has been announced the los Alamos laboratories have added a compound to the manure used for blowing up things that will prevent it from blowing up anything.
All the came across my local news channel this evening throught you find this interesting.Hope you well and happy.God bless.
I heard the two Brothers found a site on the Internet called "How to Build a Bomb ...In the kitchen of your Mom".....

SAD....huh?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524982 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... you could've used someone better than Green Lantern ;p
True....He is a DUD...He should ask you....YOU know the SUPERHEROES.......

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524983 Apr 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect, but sometimes I can't help thinking you may be putting us on.
Nope....I've known her for a few years...and she is just the way she post's......I know her off line also.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524984 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Spent a few days at Letchworth State Park and have also stayed at Allegany State Park and skied at Holiday Valley near there for several years with my previous partner, and my current wife also accompanied me to ski in the next 3 years, but she does not ski Something to do with being born in the tropics, although I only started in 2003. Took a bus trip from Bethlehem Penn to NYC for one day in the fall of 2005. Only trip to there. I guess we were close neighbors if you lived in western NY after 1994 as that is when I moved to the Niagara area.
Deb is a good person (and Fun).....I think you would like her.

You've traveled alot haven't you Booooots?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524985 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from Sydney. Im looking forward reading peoples comments and yours!
Nice to meet you Nick from Australia.....Peace Warrior (Irrira) lives in Australia....So does Serah...and LupyLu....

Welcome

And as Lupy and Serah says...."Cheers....Big Ears"

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#524986 Apr 24, 2013
B
U
H
B
Y
E

Have a Great Day!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min HipGnosis 175,539
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min Johnny 4,698
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Bongo 773,831
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 13 min travelers 294
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Charlie Sheen 265,011
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min New Age Spiritual... 558,975
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Concerned_American 2,421
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web