“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#524988 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
One thing that has definitely been proved by man is that man did not one day just suddenly appear in the flesh as we are today in the Garden of Eden. Man's history is known back long before any man who would resemble Adam was ever on this earth.
Expert in all Things wrote:
What was the date of this discovery and what lab was this done at? I am curious as to how this was observed, quantified, tested and repeated.
You're a Christian right? If so, you're not curious about human evolution.

Concerning the above, you make decisions by faith, so evidence is irrelevant to you when it contradicts your faith, right?. Do what you are accustomed to doing: guess. There's your research.

Or go pray on it.

Sorry, dude, but if you're a faith based thinker, your opinions about science are of no interest. You don't get to invoke the science that you reject for theological reasons to debunk other that science you reject for theological reasons.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#524989 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear. Looks like people are learning fast that there is only one way to go on that issue, and remain credible in the world.
I suspect a lot of Americans are embarrassed that the sparsely populated but more progressive country that shares over 5000 miles of border with them has several years ago pass gay marriages in the whole country.
There are quite a few of them.
Yesterday I sent the link to a couple of American friends and a handful actually said almost the same thing. Along the lines of "And people wonder why I say 'I'm sorry for being American'."

Fennario

#524990 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There is only mathematics behind string theory.
Just pen on paper....Like the Bible.
Wrong, Dunce.

For starters, the hypothesis is used to explain observable phenomena, which constrains it to postulating only certain numbers of dimensions. There is no 117 dimension string theory. If the hypothesis were , you could have one.

Your useless bible probably also contains some rudimentary science suggested by observation. The Tower of Babel hypothesis intends to account for the diversity of languages observed, and the flood hypothesis attempts to explain the occurrence of seashells on mountaintops. So even these are more than just pen to paper

Second, there is now empirical support for the hypothesis:

"Physical reality of string theory demonstrated"
http://phys.org/news166097923.html

"First evidence for string theory at the Large Hadron Collider"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/life-and-ph...

Now go pray.

==========

I hope that you are well pleased with this new arrangement we have. You should be. You avoided every opportunity to make it better. Now, it's pretty much set in stone. As you know, the guaranteed offer of acceptance of your begging me for my forgiveness has expired- probably for good. Now, if you beg, you may be rejected. In fact, it is likely. Presently, my inclination would be to snub you.

Your reward will be these kinds of posts for an indefinite period. I reserve the right to become bored by you and stop. although I don't see that happening any time soon.

I realize that you were miffed when you thought that I called Juice a thief. And I realize that you don't like me or my personality. Those are your prerogative.

But how you choose to express them is my business, too. When you chose to make it personal about me, it became personal about you, too. I hope that you consider that a fair trade, because it's the one you made, and you're stuck with it now.

Besides, you're a Golden Rule kind of guy, right? Weren't you begging to be treated as you treat others? It's my pleasure to oblige you. Literally. This is fun for me - delivering a righteous comeuppance to a piece of crap that can't control his mouth.

Idiot.

Fennario

#524991 Apr 24, 2013
"If the hypothesis were , you could have one."

should read

"If the hypothesis were NOT CONSTRAINED BY OBSERVED PHENOMENA, you could have one. "

Fennario

#524992 Apr 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
You comparing yourself to Patton now? I thought calling yourself god was bad.
G_O_D wrote:
Just can't be civil, can you.
LOL.

Hypocrite.

You forgot to call him a bully.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#524993 Apr 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're a Christian right? If so, you're not curious about human evolution.
Concerning the above, you make decisions by faith, so evidence is irrelevant to you when it contradicts your faith, right?. Do what you are accustomed to doing: guess. There's your research.
Or go pray on it.
Sorry, dude, but if you're a faith based thinker, your opinions about science are of no interest. You don't get to invoke the science that you reject for theological reasons to debunk other that science you reject for theological reasons.
Well said.
Nick is Greek

Australia

#524994 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries Nick! I grew up in Sydney, Bondi & Nth Rocks mostly, I'm in Brissy now, I agree with Serah, great to have another Aussie about :-)
This topix is all new for me and its good to know that there are a few Aussie's here!

Fennario

#524995 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry trifecta1, but regarding Canada that is a false statement, because Christianity has rapidly declined here in my lifetime.
There is no reason to think that he cares, or that he won't repeat the misinformation. None at all. He's a faith based thinker. He chooses reality,and that's what he believes despite contradictory evidence such as your eye witness report. Such reports are are only of value when given third hand about miracles that allegedly occurred millennia ago, or anything else already accepted on faith, but powerless to contradict what is believed by faith.

Nothing penetrates faith - not reason, evidence nor proof.

Incidentally, this has been explained to him already. These were the data he referenced: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_popula...

Top Religious Denominations in Canada
2001 1991 % change

Number -%- Number -%
Total Population - 29.6M - 26.9M - up 9.8%
Christian - 22.9M / 77% of total - 22.5M / 83%- up 1.5%

Assuming that this is difficult to read, I'll summarize: what it shows is that the number of Canadian Christians increased from 22.5 million to 22.9 million between 1991 and 2001, an increase of 1.5% in absolute numbers.

But that it is dishonest to look at that in isolation. During that same period, Canada's population increased 9.8%, and the number identifying as Christians fell from 83% to 77%. Obviously, Christianity is fading in Canada, too.

But that is irrelevant to faith. Faith chooses what it wishes to believe, and the thinking is done. He will likely argue this point again in exactly the same way at the next opportunity.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#524996 Apr 24, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here Serah same here --- makes me wonder a year from now should the Lord tarry will this point in time be considered the good ole days --
I love how you welcomed Nick to the thread, tis difficult for me these days as there are so many new names I'm beginning to feel as Ham did, kinda lost in my own home room lol --
Anyway -- muddeling thru for now and taking joy in the oldies that take time to come in and share a chat -- TLC - Judy
Cyber Sister ~ GOD has given me the wherewithal to work on that book we have all written together. With the help of my loving Mum.... Did you hear the story about the favorite perfume of hers? I now am the proud owner of a Tabu set... something I have never had before. GOD Bless, you know how much I love you, my Family, my Sister xxxx

#524997 Apr 24, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you give me the goosebumps lol -- such a beautiful memory you have -- TLC - Judy
Such beautiful memories we all have ~ love you to pieces xxxx

#524998 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we have any knowledge of what atheists believe, Serah, unless they are speakers or have written books on some subject or other, expressing whatever they believe. All I know about an atheist is he does not have a belief in a deity, but that tells me nothing about what he does believe in.
I suspect the number of people who believe in evolution are far more believers in God than not, since allegedly there are many more theists in the world than atheists, but again we don't know that until we hear what their beliefs are about evolution. No educated person, that I know, would deny the facts that scientists have proved.
My being a non believer in an unseen never proved deity has very little relation to anything else that I believe about things.
If you want to pick a specific topic, then perhaps I could tell you what I believe about it, but there are too many things in the world to have opinions about to just start arbitrarily naming them.
I do believe in the facts that scientists have proved about evolution, and other things that they have discovered and tested, though I probably would not be able to duplicate much of how they tested these things, because I am not educated in those things, and a lot of the current technology was invented after I was in school.
Aside from when I get into a debate about evolution when it springs up in a discussion about some other topic, it is not something though that I spend a lot of time in, because my interests in life lie in other areas.
Some people find it fascinating, and I have learned some things about it that are fascinating to me also, but I do not go out of my way to study that particular topic. Since evolution, in most cases, is a very slow process sometimes taking millions of years, it is hardly something that one can just sit down and observe happening. The people who actually do the exploring, investigating, calculating etc., must be very patient people because a lot of their work must take a long time to show results. I would likely get bored doing that sort of work.
If your interests lay elsewhere Booots, and you have no inclination of where the apple seed evolved from, then quite frankly and in my opinion, you are in the wrong forum about JESUS and love. Glad though, that you admitted you have no idea, nor care to follow up on your no idea ~ that is honesty in the extreme. IMHO of course :)

Fennario

#524999 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There is as much evidence to support Islam as their is Christianity..
Correct. None.
G_O_D wrote:
... actually there is more.
Wrong.

[Did you just immediately contradict yourself, Duncemeister? Nicely played.]

Both can be ruled out in the same manner, after which, no evidence supports either. If I can rule a suspect out by proving that he couldn't be be guilty - perhaps he was dead or in prison when the crime occurred - nothing that you can present after that is evidence that he pulled the trigger.

Sorry, Mrs. Dunceworth, but both the Christian and Muslim gods are demonstrably the equivalent of "dead or in prison," so there can be no evidence that supports either.

#525000 Apr 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
If you want to see God look in the mirror.
Look again and you will find satan there as well.
So true ~ it is of course, GOD that makes us happy with our reflection, and satan that will perhaps, want us to shove botox into our faces to make us look better. GOD knows that we shine from the inside out :)
mike

AOL

#525001 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible gateway is the bible in all languages and texts online (c:
((((((Mike))))))) Thank you for the post (c:
~*~God Believes In You~Ask Him~*~
The evidence of God, is in the
answering of prayers,prayed in FAITH or
OUT of a last ditch effort of a non believer.
Miracles~THAT no hands of humans have caused,
except hands folded together in prayer
to Jesus and OUR Father.
Proof~
that Non believers call miracles
and "signs" coincidence,
YET they are SEEKING and wishing God was real,
so that they too may experience coincidence of
good things coming together for THEMSELVES
~for their OWN peace of mind.
God is proved TRUE~
...when you are so negative you
can NOT stand your own selves, so we try FAITH
and ask for help~
...just in case~it's true.
"Coincidences" have A WHOLE new meaning~
as they become OUR VERY OWN answer to prayer.
Proof~
In THE JOY in a prepared heart that hears Loudly for
the first time,what they once hated and CURSED
as LIES.
Moving forward to the exuberance of a child of wonderment,
seeing for the VERY first TIME
all the Blessings we were bestowed with all along~
that we NEVER once gave thanks for.
HE still BELIEVES in YOU.
Thanks

Watching the action of those who claim there is a GOD, is a clear indication there is no GOD. At best, perhaps those claimers don't have a relationship with a GOD.
Nick

Australia

#525002 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to meet you Nick from Australia.....Peace Warrior (Irrira) lives in Australia....So does Serah...and LupyLu....
Welcome
And as Lupy and Serah says...."Cheers....Big Ears"
:-)
Hi Epiphany2,
nice to meet you too
Cheers
mike

AOL

#525003 Apr 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another baseless atheist claim.
Hello River--neck

Who can backup their claim?..Me,You,..perhaps Lawest100.
Nick

Australia

#525004 Apr 24, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries Nick! I grew up in Sydney, Bondi & Nth Rocks mostly, I'm in Brissy now, I agree with Serah, great to have another Aussie about :-)
Hi Lu,

Its nice to be in this forum and that there are other Aussie's here too.

I lived in sydney all my life in eastern and southern suburbs.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#525005 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do it.....She has asked every female poster on here...
I know I'll hide behind the door and when she shows up with her "Scarves" we can overpower her (because here on Topix we have super powers)...and tie her up with them and tie one around her mouth....Then we will call C1 or Alice to let them know we have her in custody...(Man...I have watched too much "24" on Netflix lately)
LOL.....
.. OH,!! my !! Should I bring Alice? She likes scarves too ..

.. God answered my prayers and sent an angel to love, you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So many people have told me God works through people. Now I know it's true !!..

.. it's such a glorious day !!..
mike

AOL

#525006 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Long before I ever knew any part of the bible- I talked to the God I met as a youth. My ways of getting to know Him are different that many- But I had no doubt that His presence was near me. So I talked to Him regularly in my head. I think it started when I was nearing 5- I have always 'known' He was real.
Very good,..a GOD begins and ends in the minds of people.

Words will never bring forth a GOD!

Fennario

#525007 Apr 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When people hate a country so much that they would be willing to slam two hijacked jumbo jets into two 110 story buildings,buildings that were built to symbolize that greatness,at over 500 MPH,you know that something is bad wrong with this world.
We know that there is bad in the world. And good. Christians seem to leave that part out. You have a prejudice against humanity that is latent in a religion the depicts man as failed and doomed without its god. That helps your church. It's job security for as long as people buy it.

But you hurt us all when you spread that garbage that. You undermine authentic hope for mankind and his ability to solve his problem, and substitute a false hope for a benevolent god and an idyllic afterlife in its place.

Stop it.

This extreme misanthropy and nihilism of Christianity - hatred for mankind, helplessness and hopelessness - should be rejected just as explicitly as its abominable ethics, its depraved depiction of perfect love, its radical antiscientism, its deformed vision of spirituality, its relentless homophobic and atheophobic scapegoating, and its ridiculous fairy tale cosmology.

Out with the lot of you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Clearwater 830,605
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min oxbow 585,932
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Mike duck it 99,278
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul is dead 1966 3,018
sex with 60 something year old women (Oct '10) 47 min Woodie54 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 56 min Mike duck it 5,836
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 1 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1,811
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr lovewithin 40,230
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 3,670
More from around the web