Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#525025 Apr 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Lord, today I pray especially for Christian men. I pray that husbands will love their wives as they love themselves and as Christ loved the church. I pray that fathers will nurture their children and be patient when patience is called for. I pray that men will answer Your call to serve in the church, home, and community. I pray that You will help men to find the careers You want for them and to exercise the gifts and abilities You have given them. I pray You will help them to manage their money well for You; to give to your work and take care of their responsibilities. I pray for men in leadership positions at home, the church, and the workplace, that You will give them a servant's heart and eyes to see and think like Jesus. I pray that You will encourage men to stand strong for what is right and that You will bless them when they do. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with GOd
Amen :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#525026 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Long before I ever knew any part of the bible- I talked to the God I met as a youth. My ways of getting to know Him are different that many- But I had no doubt that His presence was near me. So I talked to Him regularly in my head. I think it started when I was nearing 5- I have always 'known' He was real.
Is that a good thing? Not to me.

To me, this is telling us that your thinking hasn't progressed since childhood. How can that be good, especially about so profound a matter as gods?

I don't know if there's any nontrivial thing that I thought at that age that I still believe now. I think that should be true of all of us.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525027 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your condolences friend.
You're welcome.
:)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#525028 Apr 24, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, you are confusing the word "atheist" with some other words which might not have anything to do with someone who is an atheist. An atheist simply does not have any belief in any god. That is not a belief, but the absence of belief.
If you have a certain food, for example, that you never eat, so that you are a non-eater of that food. Can we define what else about you that would infer?
You might be thinking about certain scientists who have put forth theories, and proved some of them, who might coincidentally also not have a belief in any god, but they are not synonymous.
There are famous scientists and authors such a Dr Richard Dawkins who are atheists and they actually write books on the subject, lecture and debate, and another famous one would be the former minister, Dan Barker, who is quite well known for his talks, and debates about atheism.
But most atheists likely are not at all involved in theories and studies of the origin of things; they just don't have a belief in a god.
Well, Booots, no matter if I like you are not, it is my belief you are in the wrong forum. You neither care or want to debate the Topic of choice, although you don't mind telling us how you do not believe in GOD, JESUS or ANGELS. You have put these down to mystical beings; not seen so don't exist. I do like reading about your experiences of life..... but take no notice of your postings about GOD or our existence. Cheers, big ears ~ and forget about how an apple seed began, it is probably not something you are really interested in :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#525029 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL~ Locking the door!
I watched EVERY season of 24 with in 2 months!!!
I DREAMED in 24 ! One night I even asked Madame President if I could use the rest room! SHE said NO!!!
LOVE THAT SHOW!
Oh great.....I am on season 4 episode 12...and Madame President isn't in it yet....:-)

Talk about SuperHeroes...Jsck Bauer is one.....

I LOVE it too....."The Following happened between 11 AM and 12 PM"

:-)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#525030 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I have every right to be adamant in expressing that I know God through the Lord Jesus Christ, as every true believer does, no one is without sin, the Bible says that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God, I would say to you respectfully please don't try to interpret scripture because you proved time and again that is a task beyond you, as you've just twisted the Word up on the sin issue, see my previous post to you on the subject.
And BTW, no one is trying to "work an argument on you", I am not trying to convert you as only God himself can do that based off of the condition of your own heart.
Lawest, there are many true believers that do not know God through the Lord Jesus Christ. There are likely millions of believers who believe wholeheartedly and without any reservations who do not "know God", in the sense you suggest, at all.

I would guess, since I have no way of polling billions of believers in the world that the vast majority, believe in God, but cannot explain why they believe, but they do just because they believe everything else they have been taught which they, personally have not examined and verified.

I just did some googling because I am seriously trying to delve into your position, though not trying to find God. Wikipedia articles have to be taken with a grain of salt, because even I have put information on Wikipedia pages, however they are a good starting place to get information that you might not know where to search.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_again_%28C...

That article discusses how those who are "Born Again" or claim a true relationship with Jesus varies with age, denomination, and several other factors. The bottom line is, though, that there are many devout believers who do not claim a personal relationship with God. So they have not actually experienced God per se in their lives, but still fully believe in His existence.

Besides, belief is the most common word used in relationship to God, Jesus and religion, yet if one knows something to be true, belief is redundant. You don't have to believe something exists if you know it exists.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525031 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry that you have not experienced God's invitation to know that He is for real. I don't wish trauma on anyone- just the feeling of knowing for sure that a special moment was indeed provided by Him.
Please don't be sorry.
I used to say practically the same statements as you do now.

The invitation that you speak about is based on instability.
To learn and research christianity and other beliefs of monotheism ,set up a multitude of red flags.

Monotheism compared to polytheism is a late coming concept.
In short, judaism was the first to accept that as a belief.
However, prior to its loyalty to one god, the ancient Hebrews were polytheists.
Then, of course, came christianity which basically stole the Hebrew god YHWH to conform to their specific ideals.
Lastly, Islam was the product of monotheism.

But I would like to add that for a brief short period of time, the Pharaoh Akhenaten, in the early 1,300's BCE, ordered a monotheist style of worship loyal to the Sun God.

Throughout the known written history before this, polytheism was the way to go.

So, again, please don't feel sorry.
However, thanks for your concern.

Fennario

#525032 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
No one is plugging away at convincing you and others of anything.
Sure they are. That's what the church does, especially to children.

Or maybe "no one" means nobody on this thread. That's still not correct, although it wouldn't matter if they weren't. There are no children among the unbelievers, and none of us is in the least bit susceptible to your threats, sophistry and other apologia.
trifecta1 wrote:
Want to see if that is true?, you and all the secular humanists/atheists leave the billboard, and do not come back. And see if discussions end. They will continue, as if you and the other atheists did not even exist or ever came on the billboard.
Derp!

If we leave, the posting would be expected to continue, but the nature of it would change, and its quality would plummet. It would be all "Jesus loves you brother. Here's a little scripture to prove it. What wisdom! I'll be praying for you and the pygmies in New Guinea. Blessings. Barrack Ha-M'Sammich."

[ejects lunch]

Fennario

#525033 Apr 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Try it. And you will realize the Christians here(at least most I think) are not primarily here to convince you, of anything.
You seem to have unbelievers confused with the people that care what you're here for, or that seek religious counsel. We'll hear what you have to say, but in my case, it's been a long time since one of you wrote anything interesting, surprising or substantial about your faith. So obviously, I don't expect it to be any more, and find no direct value in your opinions or what passes as knowledge with you.

But thanks for sharing anyway.
trifecta1 wrote:
They are here to discuss their faith.
Feel free. You won't mind if we discuss it with you, will you? I have some ideas to share about your faith, too.

Location hidden

#525034 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I am not missing the point of your question at all, and I have answered you twice on this already, God's Word was not changed at all, it was translated not only into english from the original Hebrew and Greek, but it was translated into every other viable well known language on the planet, and it means the same thing in all languages regardless of who the translators were in all the various languages, I don't know much of anything about King James personally and haven't googled anything about him, so I have only your word and the word of others that he was either gay or a switch hitter, why God choose to allow his Word to be translated into english under his command seem to me to be a very trivia matter with no real importance behind it.
I think that is not 100% accurate, because I have read many accounts that state that the translations of many words from the original language can be interpreted in several different ways, which would alter the meaning of the verse, because Hebrew, or Greek, whichever was the original, have words which can have several different meanings. We have numerous words in the English language that have many different meanings, which I highly suspect makes it very difficult for a person who doesn't know English to learn English.

I have even read, but can't provide now, articles written by Bible scholars explaining how certain passages can be interpreted differently depending on which meaning of the original word one uses.

I also understand that there are some words that are not translatable because they have no corresponding English word.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#525035 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
God is amazing to be so mindful of all the different plant life He created.
He truly is... Check out this book, "Made in Heaven" (Man's Indiscriminate Stealing of God's Amazing Design) By Ray Comfort & Jeffrey Seto. Below is an example...

THE SUNFLOWER;
The seeds in all sunflowers-be they large or small—are arranged according to two patterns. When we use math to examine these patterns, we observe that, no matter how many seeds the sunflower contains, the patterns always relate to each other according to the exact same mathematical proportion. It turns out that that precise proportion enables the most amount of seeds to fit in any given sunflower. What a wise, caring Creator we serve!

http://www.christianperspective.net/wp-conten...

* There's so much more. God's fingerprint is on everything!:)

Fennario

#525036 Apr 24, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>So,
What was the date of this discovery and what lab was this done at?
I am curious as to how this was observed, quantified, tested and repeated.
FAIL

You're a Christian right?

If so, you're not curious about human evolution.

And you make decisions by faith. Evidence is irrelevant to you when it contradicts your faith, right?.

Do what you are accustomed to doing: guess. There's your research.

Or go pray on it.

Sorry, dude, but if you're a faith based thinker, your opinions about science are of no value. You need to be an evidence based thinker to be taken seriously. When a Christian disagrees with mainstream science, ignore the Christian.

You don't get to invoke the science that you reject for theological reasons to debunk other that science you reject for theological reasons.

You have a blessed day, will you?

Location hidden

#525037 Apr 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Irrira, the scriptures are always comforting, but I am alright as the Lord God soothes and calms my soul, again goodnight my friend.(C:
I need to ask a personal question not related to your opinions, or mine, but the thought keeps going through my mind when I read your posts or respond to you.

I have in the back of my mind that a week or so ago you told me that you have some personal health problems, and I also get the feeling that you stated that you are a female. Forgive me if I am totally screwed up on that, but I am seeing you as that when I respond to you, and I think it must be a common trait to visualize who we are posting to. I would too, because I am male, and I have different ways of relating to males and females, be a bit different in my approach depending on which you are.

Perhaps, though I consciously was not seeing it this way, that it might have something to do with males being predominately left brained thinkers and females being right-brain thinkers. In that case approaching a person using mainly left brain things such as problem solving, as oppose to being more intuitive (right brained) could affect what one might interpret from a reply the person gives.

I can see a situation, where I am frustrating myself because I am appealing to the side of the brain which is not the dominant side in any particular individual.

That is not intended to be a slight on anyone's intelligence, but something I learned long ago regarding how the different sexes tend to see things a bit different way.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525038 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus words were recorded and written down~ they are in the bible. As for photo's - well- they are not there- but drawings of the maps of the time are- That's pretty cool- as they were saved and acurately redrawn. Also- the more man digs- the more of the actual foundations of the original towns are uncovered- which have matched up to the layouts of the villages as recorded in old texts (scrolls)
I really enjoy ALL history- so I may be partial toward hearing this type of info.
No sir/madam.
the words of the bible Jesus were not recorded or written down.
The earliest gospel, mark, was composed about the same time as Masada.

The accuracy of the jesus content is highly questionable.

I'm glad that you enjoy history.
I strongly agree about the bible's mentioning of certain towns and cities that have been uncovered.
A certain city called Ninevah was considered to be only a myth for a long duration.
An archaeologist in the mid 1800's CE had a high speculation that it was not. he set out to find it and succeeded.
He uncovered a very valuable find, the king Ashurbanipal Library.

This find has now deemed the torah as a later writing than the clay tablets that he housed.
One can see, that the 1st several chapters of Genesis were practically parallelled to some extent that already has been known by other cultures thousands of years before.

If your interest in history, especially ancient cultures, is exciting then this library would be a great way to piece things together.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525039 Apr 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
As for God- all it takes to meet Him is your own self asking "God? Are Your for real?" One simple question- but one that we all resited asking. I understand the reluctance- we all do- as it brings fear due to thinking that we suddenly have to change who we are- BUT that is NOT true (c:
What is your definition of 'god', if I may ask?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525040 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible writes each person to workout their salvation. Nothing I can teach or prove, it is for each person to seek truth.
The scriptures in old testament wrote about God coming and dwelling with us. Jesus forfilled all prophecies that were made 300BC to 1000BC . There were many of them, i encourage you to look them up.
One made 700BC is He was pierced for our transgressions. Another made 400BC He was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver which He was. Many, many more.
herro.
Interesting.
What prophecies did Jesus fulfill before 1,000BCE?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525041 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no planet like earth in the universe. An eco system, trees, animals salt oceans ,oxygen, planet spinning on its axis, each creature for its purpose. Man can spend trillions more searching in space but wont find life !
What makes you concluce that there are no other carbon-based life forms in the entire universe?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525042 Apr 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why only by faith can one believe. When I die I know my eternal life starts. What do you think will happen when you will die?
One can speculate anything they want.
But if they can't provide the facts then it's useless as old wine skins.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525044 Apr 24, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
O how love I thy law!
it is my meditation all the day
Thou throught thy commandments hast made me wiser then mine enemies( there is many everywhere,corner of street,at homes, on the cyber spaces) for they are around me hating passinately
I have more understanding than all earthly teachers;
for thy o God testimonies are my meditations
i understand more than the ancients,because I keep thy precepts
I have refrained my feet from every evil way,
that I might keept thy word
How sweet are thy words unto my taste?
YEA ,SWEETER THAN HONEY TO MY MOUTH
THROUGH THY PRECEPTS I GET UNDERSTANDING THEREFORE I HATE EVERY FALSE WAY,FAKE CHRISTIANITY,LIARS,ATHEISTS, ADULTERS,THIEFS,HUREN GAYS,LESBIANS, DOUBLE FACE CLOWNS AND IDIOTS MOCKING AND INSULTING YOU ON MY GOD YEHOWAH
PSALM 97-105
THY WORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY FEET,AND A LIGHT UNTO MY PATH
I have noticed that when many christians use UPPER CASE letters in their responses indicares their insecurity.
You know, like sticking both fingers in their ears shouting BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, etc.!
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#525045 Apr 24, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
food for all atheists
PSALM 14
The fool hath said in hus heart,
THERE IS NO GOD.
They are corrupt,they have done abominable works,
there is none that doeth good
3/
they are all gone aside, they are all together bocame filthy;
THRE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD,NO NOT ONE?
PSALM 1;4-6
UNGODLY ARE NOT SAFE,
THEY ARE LIKE CHAFF WHICH THE WIND DRIVETH AWAY
THEREFORE THE UNGODLY SHALL NOT STAND IN THE JUDGEMENT,NOR SINNERS IN THE CONGREGATION OF THE RIGHTEOUES
FOR THE YAHVEH KNOWETH THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUES;
BUT THEY WAY OF THE UNGODLY SHALL PERISH.
Fingers in the ears and shouting BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!
Am I correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min nanoanomaly 49,098
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Steve III 646,755
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Joe Fortuna 971,756
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min ChristineM 445,730
A Dysfunctional Family can't lead America 40 min Mary Effing-Poppins 2
Afe Babalola Admission list 2016\2017 sessio... 1 hr franklinne 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,091
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 hr hungtexas69 24
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web