“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#524893 Apr 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, string theory served a purpose. Predictions were made, hypotheses formed, and observations made in regard to what should have been seen in those calculations. In many instances as those parts of the theory were found to break down, additional information and data was observed and collected which led to more comprehensive theory that better represented what has been found.
For instance, when you mention multiverses, it really doesn't amount to the latest "craze", since that was a prediction made within string theory as it developed and became more comprehensive.
Even though much of the work of theoretical physics is in mathematical terms, that math is very powerful and precise. It is based upon known principles, and as we reach the outer limits of what is known, those mathematical formulas start to show that there is more to be known and understood, but that the exact pathways still must be found, we know that they are there, and they do exist.
It's doubtful theoretical physics will invalidated by the discoveries at the LHC. They may be enhanced, they may need to be adjusted in some respects, some might need to be discarded entirely, but theoretical physics serves a purpose when we are at the limits of what is known.
It serves a function and does it well.
Agreed. It is a tool towards further understanding

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#524894 Apr 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, I have willingly taken that first step many times, since I first learned of God as a small child. You continue to talk though in abstracts but if God is a real entity abstracts are not going to work with people who think objectively.
Well Boooosts it takes God to guide and lead you in taking those first steps, and you have to take them with complete FAITH in believing that God is who he said that he is, as we always say in the church, there is no failure in God, but the failure is in US.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#524895 Apr 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean? Who doesn't have trust in man's discoveries? Have you ever been in an airplane? Have you ever taken a Tylenol? Do you use electricity?
<quoted text>
That's an incomplete and grossly misanthropic description of man and what he has done. Mankind has made my life infinitely better than it would have been had I been the first human. Yours, too. You are ungrateful not to acknowledge that.
<quoted text>
Your god is a mythological character like the Green Lantern, who also gave us nothing.
Lol... you could've used someone better than Green Lantern ;p

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#524896 Apr 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You're always a moron.
Agreed ;p

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#524897 Apr 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,I wondered what effect it shall have on the food supply.Mother nature has her way with things ya know.
Another throught that wondered thru this brain is mankind
doin himself another number toward destruction of food supply.
Tis bad enough to destroy a part of the rain forest where med come from.Not replaceable in my way of thinking.Of course mother earth has survived mankind for a many generations now maybe she just do a self repair as she done in the past.
Ya. Won't be the first time either.
Hope yer doin well LW.
I won't be on long ...tired.

Location hidden

#524898 Apr 23, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... you could've used someone better than Green Lantern ;p
hey Lupy.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#524899 Apr 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis lol oftened been said,experience is the best teacher.I am a swifty learner so only took one night experience with the satin next morning I stripped that bed bald.lol.Take my word for it chasing covers and sleepin just do not mix and match.lol.Right thread annie posted beds and temptation in me jumped right in.lol
What kind of covers do you have?? Just sewing you know.lol.
No disrespect, but sometimes I can't help thinking you may be putting us on.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#524900 Apr 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You believe that an apple seed evolves from a whale or something similar, like a rock or an organism, and tell us to get real? LOL... very funny posting indeed :)
Serah, besides on Topix, have you ever heard anyone, evolutionists or not, say that they believed an apple seed evolves from a whale? I find it really strange that someone would make such a statement because someone else doesn't believe in a Creator.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#524901 Apr 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. Won't be the first time either.
Hope yer doin well LW.
I won't be on long ...tired.
Tis no safe place in the hugh ole world no more.One just takes chance by the seat of the pants.Out here under ground storage for waste materials and there they are set of explosives how that for thinking for ya.You would not believe what they play with out here.
I am doin well for now but is snowing here tonight and cold.So have me ole stove banked and a hot drink of spiced tea for company.
If I miss you this round caught me the next one I fully understand tired.

Location hidden

#524902 Apr 23, 2013
food for all atheists

PSALM 14
The fool hath said in hus heart,
THERE IS NO GOD.
They are corrupt,they have done abominable works,
there is none that doeth good

3/
they are all gone aside, they are all together bocame filthy;
THRE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD,NO NOT ONE?

PSALM 1;4-6
UNGODLY ARE NOT SAFE,
THEY ARE LIKE CHAFF WHICH THE WIND DRIVETH AWAY
THEREFORE THE UNGODLY SHALL NOT STAND IN THE JUDGEMENT,NOR SINNERS IN THE CONGREGATION OF THE RIGHTEOUES

FOR THE YAHVEH KNOWETH THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUES;

BUT THEY WAY OF THE UNGODLY SHALL PERISH.
Nick

Australia

#524903 Apr 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well Boooosts it takes God to guide and lead you in taking those first steps, and you have to take them with complete FAITH in believing that God is who he said that he is, as we always say in the church, there is no failure in God, but the failure is in US.
Well written LAWEST !

Since we have free will, if we dont will to seek the truth in faith then there is no hope in finding truth.

Jesus said to Thomas you have seen and believed, blessed are those who have not seen yet believe.

The anti-christ in the end of times will do signs and wonders and will decieve many. People will fulfill the scriptutes by believing when they see signs and wonders. How sad! But like the scriptutes write, the just shall life by faith!

When the nonbelievers die and are before God will realise they were decieved, blind and mistaken big time.

We hope nonbelievers wake up and seek truth and believe for the free gift of eternal life.

Location hidden

#524904 Apr 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect, but sometimes I can't help thinking you may be putting us on.
So what you want me to tell you.What I think or what you want to hear.lol.Maybe your one of those that needs everything color coated lol.Truth is all your gonna really get is a opinion anyway so tell me what the big deal about a opinion.No disrespect on my part either.

Location hidden

#524905 Apr 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis no safe place in the hugh ole world no more.One just takes chance by the seat of the pants.Out here under ground storage for waste materials and there they are set of explosives how that for thinking for ya.You would not believe what they play with out here.
I am doin well for now but is snowing here tonight and cold.So have me ole stove banked and a hot drink of spiced tea for company.
Jist sitt'n here hav'n a shot of high power elyxir!
It's supposed ta git colder here too.

Long Beach, CA

#524906 Apr 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Your style of writing is "stream of consciousness," a la Virginia Wolf.

Location hidden

#524907 Apr 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jist sitt'n here hav'n a shot of high power elyxir!
It's supposed ta git colder here too.
Last week in this state the weather was a mad monkey.Snowing like angels shedding tears in one part of the state and on the other end of this state fire of the devil in lincoln national forest.Makes one wonder.In kansas one part of it in the seventies and the other end of it in the thirties does not make much sense does it???

Location hidden

#524908 Apr 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week in this state the weather was a mad monkey.Snowing like angels shedding tears in one part of the state and on the other end of this state fire of the devil in lincoln national forest.Makes one wonder.In kansas one part of it in the seventies and the other end of it in the thirties does not make much sense does it???
Yes and no. The jet stream(s) is arguing with more active than usual polar shift...the Pacific plate is(was) in stress...and we are in seasonal swing...all at the same time. There are more factors too, like ocean currents and temps. They affect subduction pressure. What you are accustomed to is slowly changing. It has moved civilization for ages.

Location hidden

#524909 Apr 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your style of writing is "stream of consciousness," a la Virginia Wolf.
Will apolize to you but cannot not change what is a part of me.thank you do not quite understand what your point is.

Location hidden

#524910 Apr 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That works both ways though. It seems the atheists/human secularists are trying very hard to convince Christians. Anyone could make the assumption that you're scared to death the Christians are right reason you and others try so hard in your arguments and you're only spinning your wheels in that regard? your logic has a two edged sword.
When I first came here a bit over a year ago, Christianity was all that was being discussed. granted the arguments got heated at times, but your observation in regards to this billboard is not correct.
My interest besides my longterm enjoyment of good discussion has been to address posts whic show bigotry towards any identifiable group (I am not bigoted against Christians, because most of the people I know and care for in my life are/were Christians), and to refute, if I know the truth, comments made by people which are obviously incorrect.

There is nothing definitive known about God or the truth of the Bible, other than some of Jesus' teachings seem to make good sense, but there is a lot of proven information that is currently known which rules out some prts of the Bible from being true stories. That in no way suggest that all of the Bible is false. There is however no evidence evere found to firm establish any of the bible as being true. Those points can be argue about based on belief until the cows come home, but the facts cannot be changed.

Any personal testimonies of having known Jesus/God or having spoke with Jesus/God are only stories unless they have been proved and accepted by the world as true.

That does not mean that there is no God, and I have often stated that. It only addresses the facts that man knows to be true.

Location hidden

#524911 Apr 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop getting your from some slimy left wing pot smoking MSNBC d-y-k-e. Moron.
Interesting post. I have never tasted pot, though I did smell a lot of it in my recent winter vacation, and I strongly oppose the usage of pot. As for being a dyke, that is rather a strange term for a heterosexual male, but it it works for you, then go for it.

Location hidden

#524912 Apr 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and no. The jet stream(s) is arguing with more active than usual polar shift...the Pacific plate is(was) in stress...and we are in seasonal swing...all at the same time. There are more factors too, like ocean currents and temps. They affect subduction pressure. What you are accustomed to is slowly changing. It has moved civilization for ages.
Well captain I can handle change pretty good most of the time.I told one poster that trees out here had not budd out yet and noticed the critter had not shed heavy coats yet either here.I think to it has alot to do with human sleep patterns,health,eating habits.Guess we just deal with what comes along in the weather department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 740,088
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 259,660
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Just Think 227,780
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 17 min Life is Precious 221,374
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Liam 543,050
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 51 min Johnsex 890
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min bad bob 173,814
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••