|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> That's okay coming from you, I understand.
That would have to be the case since I don't believe in myths as reality. Thanks for your insight concerning this matter.
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> That's okay coming from you, I understand.
Forget Jesus and any mythical gods. They just don`t exist at any time. Get science in your short life time!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not the faintest idea of a god ever been.
you exist don't you?
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
???~~grinning~~~, that is quite amusing that you think because I say your decisions always comes back to you or to provide specifics I'm being defensive. That is not a defensive posture, it's simply a life application or basis for discussion. Some accounts in the bible such as places people and events can be historically verified. I asked you to be specific because there is a plausible explanation for every so called contradictions or errors you claim. If you can see hell, then why would you need faith. I find myself repeating this so many times on this billboard, so let me post the verses again...<quoted text>
Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who
earnestly seek him.
Mark 11:22
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered.
Mark 4:40
He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"
[[[
You keep asking for evidence of the Spiritual, But to God Faith in the spiritual is what is vital.
Your request, is in direct contradiction, to what YHWH God requires.
Hell is spiritual, it's not physical. Your soul is spiritual, and hell suffering is spiritual. And it's only evident after you die. But then it's too late.
So, you're in a rather unenviable position writer. Have no faith in the Spiritual because you can't see the evidence of it, and when you do have evidence of it, it's after your body dies and your soul rises in judgement to the Almighty for the rejection of Yeshua Jesus Christ. Then you will have the evidence of hell, but too late.
Or be at peace in this life, and in this body, and believe it's all myth. The question to you is, can you live your life, believing the judgement of hell for rejecting Jesus Christ, is a myth?
IMO, just based on your arguments on this billboard, you ain't doing a good job of that [so far].
There is not the daintest idea of any religion is helping mankind at all!

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Truths, that we should all act here in the same manner we would act if we were sitting in the same room at a serious discussion, or debate, in which we would not be permitted, by those in charge or by common courtesy, to act how some here act (including me at times). We are "flesh" however, and we are all 'of this world' regardless of what our out of this world beliefs might be, so we have no choice in that, except to how we present ourselves.
(c: Agreed

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Excellent post SP, and you nailed it dead on the head when you point out that so many of these atheistic people cast themselves in that very role that the devil did when he tried to tempt Jesus in the desert after his 40 day 40 night fast.
Blessings.
Lawest, though I support and understand that you believe and your belief is genuine, it is not a logical statement to remind an atheist that they are in cahouts with the Devil, because an atheist does not have a belief in the devil.

At the same time, in response to the other person's support of you regarding someone stating that you appear to have knowledge greater than God, that is the case, not necessarily with you but with many on here who are believers, because they give us interpretations of what God does or why God does something, which does not come from any sources other than theirs or some other authors''rationalizations' of inconsistencies in the behavior of the God that believers believe in as shown by the Words.

When one, for example, says that God answers all prayers, but in a case where the prayer asked for did not come true, then God decided at that time that not fulfilling the prayer was the right solution. That could very well be the case, if God exists, but no human can make that interpretation in any given event, except if God has actually contacted that human and told him that is why a certain event occurred.

It is very common, in my experience, with other people, for people to "speak for God", and to speak about why God did such and such, when they could not have got that answer anywhere except in their own mind.

If someone comes to you and tells you of a time they prayed and nothing good happened, and you say that God decided at that time to not answer the prayer, that is your guess, because you were not even aware of the story until the person related it to you, and unless God at the moment of telling actually spoke to you giving you His rationalization, then you were just winging it as to why things happen that way.

None of that was intended to be disrespectful, but in my way, trying to explain about what I think of those kinds of "speaking for God" situations.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are either with us or you are against .." George Bush
.. choose one of two options, eliminate all others ..
Ouch you snipped me! <c;

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Not really. Many countries where Christianity is growing are some of the most educated such as South Korea Singapore and Canada.
[QUOTE who="Henry"]<quot ed text>
The more people get educated the less they are religious! Science is a eral motivation for mankind. Unfortunately capitalism in the nuclear age means the extermination of mankind. Communism was the last chance for the survival of our race. This chance is over now!
Communism? oy! how can that work when the power in the hands of a few? Capitalism is pretty awful too, but at least you have some opportunity to keep your money.
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. in the very next post, Lawless provides a false dichotomy ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
1. Believers are good.
2. Non-believers have an aversion to truth.
It is just laughable that non believers would have an aversion to truth. Atheists have real the truth, believers are mistaken by the truth. The latter one should get to science and reality!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of crack babies?
Try again.
Having lived with a nurse who worked in with babies after they were born, I am very aware of the truth of that. Some babies are so addicted to drugs because their mother was a user that it is a serious problem for them when they are born. I think many of those mothers here are investigated by children's services and many lose custody of their own babies.

My partner had mixed feelings about the Children's services involvement, because my daughter was in the services that made those decisions, but my partner saw the heartbreak of a mother, who really wanted her baby but was not capable at that time of caring properly for it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not the daintest idea of any religion is helping mankind at all!
True thing. Jesus Christ would agree with you.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch you snipped me! <c;
.. ya, I do that regularly when I want to respond to only portions of a post ..

.. by chance, do you like scarves ??..
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. in the very next post, Lawless provides a false dichotomy ..
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
1. Believers are good.
2. Non-believers have an aversion to truth.
It is just the opposite!
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Nick in Australia wrote:
<quoted text>
To add could I also say Faith is responding to something you hear and know is truth. To believe with your heart and mind. Faith is to trust in, with no doubting but seeking answers to grow.
Faith also comes from God.
Since there is no god is of course no faith at all. Faith is just an image! It has no meaning at all!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people don't have sex/relationships with both sexes. Bisexuals do.
I find it strange that a "straight" person knows more about how a "gay" person feels than they themselves do.

When I wanted to learn about the gay community I went straight to the source...the gay community. I asked questions...then I listened...thought about what they said...then asked more questions. When I wanted to learn about transgendered...I asked a transgendered person. I went to an asexual when I wanted to understand an asexual.

If I wanted to learn more about Christianity...I would ask a Christian not an atheist.

If I wanted to learn about Buddhism I would not go to a Christian to learn.

When I wanted to know how about the racism shown to a black person I did not go to a white person.

When I wanted to know the affects of 9/11 was felt by a middle easterner...I went to someone that was from Pakistan.

When I speak of any of the above...it is from what I learned from each of these people...

I could explain to you from what I have been told why someone that is gay might have sex with the opposite sex. I don't think however that it would really matter to you. You are more comfortable with what you have come up with on your own.

If
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Truths, that we should all act here in the same manner we would act if we were sitting in the same room at a serious discussion, or debate, in which we would not be permitted, by those in charge or by common courtesy, to act how some here act (including me at times). We are "flesh" however, and we are all 'of this world' regardless of what our out of this world beliefs might be, so we have no choice in that, except to how we present ourselves.
Well, we have now in the world more than 800 AKWs and in capitalism already it means that radiation is deadly for the whole humanity. But additionally to them we have devastating wars, and natural desasters (tsunamis, earth quakes and so one). Religions are meaningless for us.
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The last "miracle" will be the extinguism of mankind. Forget all religious garbage!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions of people of all nationalities: white , black, red, brown,Asian.

ALL KNOW Him to be true due to similar life experience in HAVING MET OUR LORD Jesus Christ . Through the BLESSING of The Holy Spirit we were given THE gift of Jesus from God.
B I L L I O N S of people ALL agree He "IS" . Not because we read about Him in a book~
He was not "taught" to us LIKE math or science or Oprahs favorite "serve self" books...
But because we experienced His invitation and the miracles He performs in our lives. FIRST HAND experience !
No other proof is needed of His existence,as billions of us KNOW the truth. YOU too can MEET your brother Jesus simply by asking Him into your heart.
... people did NOT write the Bible , GOD made it RIGHT. By use of His willing servants.
SO look into your bible and use it as a time to visit with God and His words of wisdom.
If you read Psalms and Proverbs- I am certain that you will see that you already follow His advice.
We have currently reported to be about 2 1/2 billion people in the whole world who 'claim' the Christian faith. Likely 75% of those people would be in places where the level of education and understanding would not even enter the "experiencing of God in their lives". Yes a few billion Christians have lived since 2000 years ago, but the number of people who have lived in the past 2000 years is not that large based on the current population, as even in my lifetime the world population has about tripled, and records of the past 2000 years would indicate the world populations were a lot smaller than prior to the 20th century.

Of the 2 1/2 billion Christians reported to be Christians, only a very small fraction of them are currently active Christians, and I highly suspect that many of those that are not active in the faith would be claiming a personal experience with Jesus, or would even those who are active.

In my denomination the last time I checked the figures there were somewhere over 2 million members reported in Canada, but only about 200,000 actually are involved in their churches. Because of how records are kept etc., people tend to be classified into groups that they don't necessarily follow, though I think the membership figures, at least for my previous denomination would be based on names on the membership roles of people who actually at one time "joined the church" but subsequently fell away (or moved away) but did not bother to cancel their membership. That does actually create some problems for the business running of the church, because some churches are helped by the overall Church because they do not have sufficient members to sustain them, but with members on their list who are not active they cannot properly prove that they don't have those participating.

Also I think it is only certain denominations of the Christian faith that even speaks of a personal 'walk with God'. In my 40 some years in my church and a very active member, I do not recall that as being something that particularly was ever mentioned, other than when our congregation, or group of congregations, held a special "revival" week, and got in guest speakers who sometimes would be the type that would tell stories of how they were saved and how Jesus spoke to them. Personally I also felt that their enthusiasm tended to make their comments a bit beyond what they had actually experienced.

I cannot recall ever hearing a minister of my denomination ever speak about his talking with God, other than mentioning about praying. I think it was likely more the case that those who 'believed' accepted that God exists, and all that goes with that, and even many did not think that it was "Christian" to even question their beliefs. I have heard my mother state something to that effect, yet I have never heard my mother say that she personally experienced Christ in her life.
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if God 'touched' you, why is faith necessary ??..
By atomic catastrophs the death will "touch" us people all.
Henry

Thamsbrück, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, myths have nothing to do with realities. Fairy tales are useless for realities!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 503,701 - 503,720 of598,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

346 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 530,346
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 717,157
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Carchar king 223,294
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 43 min Famos 237
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min who 255,762
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr petesake kis 36,421
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr ocxz 114,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr andet1987 171,519
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••